PCCM 2008 Match Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to Benzo and PepperLeach on securing fellowship spots! Where will you be going, if you're willing to say? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

what do i need to do to withdraw from the match?

very good , just go to update my profile. I hope that you got PCCM not only CCM.

Congrats to Benzo and PepperLeach on securing fellowship spots! Where will you be going, if you're willing to say? :thumbup:

thanks for the well wishes. i withdrew today :eek:
Good luck to the rest of you peeps. The angst is over for me

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Benzo and Pepperleach! Has everyone finalised their match lists?
Best of Luck to everyone :)

still confused between

MUSC
Georgetown
VCU

any last minute tips from ppl who have gone to any 2 or all of these?

got an email from st lukes NY saying they have ranked me...dunno what that means....or not gettin that from other program means....

still confused between

MUSC
Georgetown
VCU

any last minute tips from ppl who have gone to any 2 or all of these?

got an email from st lukes NY saying they have ranked me...dunno what that means....or not gettin that from other program means....

I got that email too. that program director does that every yr, I know someone who got that email last yr, but didnt match anywhere. I gues sthat means he s just ranking, does say on top or bottom !

thanks for the well wishes. i withdrew today :eek:
Good luck to the rest of you peeps. The angst is over for me

For pepperleach & Benzo ,
did u guys take prematch position for 2008 or 2009 ?
Just curious, wanted to know if ppl are giving out of match positions for 2009 ?

For pepperleach & Benzo ,
did u guys take prematch position for 2008 or 2009 ?
Just curious, wanted to know if ppl are giving out of match positions for 2009 ?

there are some programs gave out positions for 2009.

how r things buddy? finalised the rol?

how r things buddy? finalised the rol?[/quo

not really, finally, I took a offer out of the match, it was really a good deal for me, the place I want ( but do not ask me where at this time may be after the match I will tell you), so good luck to you, I am sure you are very competitive and you have a high chance to match, I have no doubt about that. good luck.

Well, for those of us still chewing our nails over the match, today's decision day - everyone's lists certified?? :eek:

Good luck everybody

Last edited:
Well, for those of us still chewing our nails over the match, today's decision day - everyone's lists certified?? :eek:

2 hrs left , I am still moving my rank list up & down. Deleted last two program , dnt want to go there ....

Members don't see this ad :)
n wont change it now. left it upto wife. family issues before names. lets see what happens!

n wont change it now. left it upto wife. family issues before names. lets see what happens!

I did the same thing, Moved my first choice to 5th , because husband does nt want to change his job and I dont want to live separately.
Letc what happens. Good luck everyone !
Do we have to do anything besides certifying ROL ?
(This is first time , I am participating in match , got prematch for residency)

Arsa, do you know If beth israel has hired new faculty or not ? aND HOW ARE U RANKING ST LUKES AND BETH ISRAEL, I am ranking them 7, 8 respectively. any thoughts , which is better ?

I've known for weeks how my rank list will shake out, now I'm just obsessively checking back every couple of hours to make sure it still says "Certified ROL." Yesterday I even changed it then changed it back, just so I could certify it again. :laugh:

had to take a sigh before i went into nrmp today to ensure i had certified the lor!

dgoogle-i dont know anythin about beth israel's hire but it is way lower than st lukes for me just coz of the issue.

12 more days to go.......

did u guys take prematches too?

did u guys take prematches too?

I was offered an out of match position, and I called my 1st choice to request an out of match position. They didn't have a chief who wanted to take their 1 out of match position so they let me take it.

From what I've heard it's possible to take 1 out of match position without violating the NRMP. So, it' really dependent on whether the chief resident is entering pccm at a given program which means lady fortune (or luck) was smiling on me!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

No Arsa, waiting for the match. Good luck! And congratulations to those of you who took an out of match position.

sat...sun..mon.. tue..Match day.................... wow just 5 days to go...​

Good Luck for the match. I am a new member on this forum and will be applying for PCCM fellowship this year. Have been following this thread for some time. I will be colecting info for application process this winter. with average credentials and being an FMG; have lots of concerns. Hopefully you all will post your experiences with your credentials after the match.

tick.. tick.. tick

Can you tell me if cleveland clinic is FMG friendly. How is the PD? Do they have any FMG as current fellows? What kinda credentials are they looking for?

Two interviews down at this point.

Cleveland Clinic - Very clinically strong, just massive numbers of bronchs, excellent interventional experience, MICU is expanding now, incredibly sick and complicated MICU patients; research experience is ill-defined - you get a ton of "elective" time in your 2nd and 3rd years and you can pool it to use for basic research but you seem to be on your own to arrange that. On the primary pulmonary service, you have no residents - you're the intern.

Tic. ...tic... Tic...

Can you tell me if cleveland clinic is FMG friendly. How is the PD? Do they have any FMG as current fellows? What kinda credentials are they looking for?
CCF is FMG friendly - I think only one of the fellows I met on my interview day was an AMG. I really liked the faculty and the PD is young and energetic. I would have ranked it higher but I want a more research oriented experience - the Clinic is more clinical but the training is no doubt awesome. Not sure what they're looking for in terms of credentials, but I'd definitely apply, it's a good program.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Good Luck to all of you; only a matter of few hours now.

Matched at my first choice, Pittsburgh.

Hope everyone is as happy as I am. :D:D

Last edited:
congratulations..

Last edited:
University of Kentucky...... not bad.... one of my top 5s... both me and wife happy

cleveland clinic!

University of Wisconsin

:) Matched .................

Last edited:
where did ya match?

anyone knows anything about University of Kentucky?

Congrats to everyone who mathced. I matched at my own program in NYC .
Was my second choice .... am vry vry happy.....
Gud luck !!!!

Congrats to everyone who mathced. I matched at my own program in NYC .
Was my second choice .... am vry vry happy.....
Gud luck !!!!

which program is it? just curious. i dint want to go to NY anyway.

matched at Wayne state

Hi everyone,
I thought it was time we kick started the 2008 PCCM Match process. It would be nice if ppl started sharing where they have reached vis a vis preparing their applications. I will begin by saying I have my CV in place. Yet to make my PS. Would be glad if someone gave pointers about how to prepare one for fellowship. How important are step scores? How important is your visa status? What programs sponsor H1B?
Waiting to hear from everyone! Past years' applicants' advice keenly awaited too :)
Heliox.

I did not match this year in PCCM though got around 5 interviews. I am very dissapointed. Am graduating this year . Please apply waht to do for coming year match as CV will be almost same as I start working as a Hospitalist in September after Boards and will be again applying in Dec