PCAT: October 16, 2010 - Scores Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sayeobrid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hoping to receive them on Thursday Morning November 18, 2010 on the Web site ...!!!!

18 days to go..

Good Luck to all....

Members don't see this ad.

That'd be awesome. I'm just citing another thread, and that seemed to be the general consensus. Obviously you people who have already done this know better than me.

August 21st taker here, my scores were availible online to purchase for $20 on September 21st at 10:00 PM. So a month on the dot with that one. That being said, I'm sure a lot more people took the October test so it could take longer.

August 21st taker here, my scores were availible online to purchase for $20 on September 21st at 10:00 PM. So a month on the dot with that one. That being said, I'm sure a lot more people took the October test so it could take longer.

Me too. I took August, and I was able to purchase my report on the night of the 21st of September. PharmCas records my PCAT score as arriving on the 24th.

About this bolded part, I always thought the August test was the largest turn out to test. The idea being that most folks like to take it in the summer when they have more time to prepare. Anyone know for sure ???
:confused:

Me too. I took August, and I was able to purchase my report on the night of the 21st of September. PharmCas records my PCAT score as arriving on the 24th.

About this bolded part, I always thought the August test was the largest turn out to test. The idea being that most folks like to take it in the summer when they have more time to prepare. Anyone know for sure ???
:confused:

I guess I did kind of pull that out of thin air, but it did seem like more people were at my testing location this time since two large rooms were completely filled.

I think most people actually don't take it in the summer since that's really 'vacation time' for most, and they expect to do fine in October, but in my case it was the only time I had a chance to even get studying done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeap, website is unavailable. Something is going on guys....looks like it's about TIME....drum beats...

so...scared. hopefully i don't do worse than my first try. =/

wonder how long it's gonna take for them to upload all the scores!

Hmm. This is intriguing. Could just be routine maintanance though...
Anyone remember this happening before previous scores were released ?:confused:

I remembered it happened before the august 10 test scores came out. You guys can check the previous posts.

Now I am abandoning my lab report and keep on clicking the refresh button..

According to other threads, it's happened every time.
I remembered it happened before the august 10 test scores came out. You guys can check the previous posts.

Haha... I have an exam tomorrow in organic 2, but this has been distracting me all night. Perhaps I'll abandon the 4 hours of sleep I was planning.

I don't, but don't really know for sure. I remember someone on this forum yelling "THE SCORES ARE UP ONLINE" and I instantly busted out my credit card with shaky hands and ordered my score report. So this could be a false alarm for all we know, but you never know.

According to other threads, it's happened every time.

Thanks Rochi and jpribilski. Now I am not gonna get anything done.
Now I have to decide if I am a sucker enough to pay the $20. If they really release tonight, that means the scores went out in the mail today, correct ?

im studying for my organic exam tomorrow and after every word i read in my notes, i hit the refresh button. it's hopeless lol

according to previous threads, can anyone estimate when the maintenance will be completed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I did kind of pull that out of thin air, but it did seem like more people were at my testing location this time since two large rooms were completely filled.

I think most people actually don't take it in the summer since that's really 'vacation time' for most, and they expect to do fine in October, but in my case it was the only time I had a chance to even get studying done.

Could be. I think you could argue either way.
waiting.........:eek:

Hey, where did the August 16th thread go ? I didn't realize they archive them. :mad:
Are the searchable ? I was trying to figure out how long the upload process takes.

im studying for my organic exam tomorrow and after every word i read in my notes, i hit the refresh button. it's hopeless lol

according to previous threads, can anyone estimate when the maintenance will be completed?
I second everything this guy says.

So I guess I"ll be running to my mailbox everyday this week as soon as I get out of work

gotta take the good with the bad, eh boys?

Verbal 92
Biology 96
Reading 52
Quantitative 27
Chemistry 93

Composite 86

I could retake in January, knowing what I now know about time management... but I feel kind of good about this. I know I'm good at math, they can look at my transcript for that. Time was just a huge factor for me in that section. Using complicated approaches to problems that were made easier by the multiple choice format... Otherwise, I'm quite proud of how I did in the verbal, bio and chem sections.

By the bye, congratulations to everyone. Even if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped, you earned a great deal of wisdom.

(and it only cost you $150)

Last edited:
Congrats rochi ! That is one fine composite.
I got a 85, but I don't know if the QA score is going to be a deal breaker :scared:

I wouldn't worry too much. A lot of intervewees I've talked to have all had one bad category, myself included. An 85 is plenty competitive, it's worth mentioning that I have been accepted to the only school I applied to with an 84 composite and a 68 in chemistry. I honestly think that this forum makes us think that anything less than a 90 is bad, but really anything above mid 60 or 70 composite is quite strong.

So cheer up, you must have really strong categories to have gotten an 85 composite.

I wouldn't worry too much. A lot of intervewees I've talked to have all had one bad category, myself included. An 85 is plenty competitive, it's worth mentioning that I have been accepted to the only school I applied to with an 84 composite and a 68 in chemistry. I honestly think that this forum makes us think that anything less than a 90 is bad, but really anything above mid 60 or 70 composite is quite strong.

So cheer up, you must have really strong categories to have gotten an 85 composite.

Thanks fullmetalpharm. I don't feel like taking it again, so I guess I will have to accept it.
Yeah, I actually have a 99 in verbal, and a few other good ones, but I am just so worried about them tossing my app thanks to that one really bad section.
Lack of calculators is part of my issue, but really, QA is just not my bag, baby.

Thanks fullmetalpharm. I don't feel like taking it again, so I guess I will have to accept it.
Yeah, I actually have a 99 in verbal, and a few other good ones, but I am just so worried about them tossing my app thanks to that one really bad section.
Lack of calculators is part of my issue, but really, QA is just not my bag, baby.

Yeah QA was absolutely brutal this time, so if anything this new batch of scores could reflect that and you are probably not alone in getting a low score on it (I assume that if everyone did bad in comparison to 2004 or whatever date they use this will be apparent to schools I would hope).

It will be interesting to see how I did on this one, I essentially took it without studying at all and was completely calm. The August test was my shot to do well for a last minute decision to apply for Early Admission and I was a basket case, so perhaps the mindset is half the battle you never know.

Good luck though, you've certainly become competitive in terms of PCAT scores so eat a celebratory cupcake or something and take a deep breath.

I mean, it can't be worse than a 27, so why not say what you got? Sounds like you did really well. They'll probably highlight it, but if your app is solid up through that, it's a bit cartoonish to believe they'd toss it out for one bad section on the PCAT.
Still refreshing my page!!!! My view option isn't available yet?
You have to order a personal score report.

Aug 09 comp was 51. This go around was a 60 comp. Reading dropped from 70 to 35??????? I did raise my chem from 19 to 58. Hope it's good enough.

I mean, it can't be worse than a 27, so why not say what you got? Sounds like you did really well. They'll probably highlight it, but if your app is solid up through that, it's a bit cartoonish to believe they'd toss it out for one bad section on the PCAT.

You have to order a personal score report.

Yeah, about that....
I will admit it is below that. Can you understand my reluctance?

October 2010 PCAT scores are up as of 11:37 PM on November 16:

Verbal Ability 412 68
Biology 425 84
Reading Comp 416 71
Quantitative 407 54
Chemistry 438 90

Composite 420 80

:)))))))))))

gotta take the good with the bad, eh boys?

Verbal 92
Biology 96
Reading 52
Quantitative 27
Chemistry 93

Composite 86

I could retake in January, knowing what I now know about time management... but I feel kind of good about this. I know I'm good at math, they can look at my transcript for that. Time was just a huge factor for me in that section. Using complicated approaches to problems that were made easier by the multiple choice format... Otherwise, I'm quite proud of how I did in the verbal, bio and chem sections.

By the bye, congratulations to everyone. Even if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped, you earned a great deal of wisdom.

(and it only cost you $150)

That is a nice perspective.
:love:

I took the Kaplan course and the Pearson practice tests...MAJOR improvement in my scores from the time I took the Jan '10 test (previous scores in parenthesis).

Verbal 86 (55)
Bio 84 (14)
Reading 31 (40) yikes!!!
Quant 81 (57)
Chem 85 (37)

Composite 80 (37)

Writing: 3.0/3.0

do you think schools will frown upon my low reading score if everything else is pretty decent?? Critical reading has always been my weakness and I find it incredibly hard to improve on it. I've heard from a few people that (besides the composite) schools mostly focus on the chem/bio/quant scores :confused:

I took the Kaplan course and the Pearson practice tests...MAJOR improvement in my scores from the time I took the Jan '10 test (previous scores in parenthesis).

Verbal 86 (55)
Bio 84 (14)
Reading 31 (40) yikes!!!
Quant 81 (57)
Chem 85 (37)

Composite 80 (37)

Writing: 3.0/3.0

do you think schools will frown upon my low reading score if everything else is pretty decent?? Critical reading has always been my weakness and I find it incredibly hard to improve on it. I've heard from a few people that (besides the composite) schools mostly focus on the chem/bio/quant scores :confused:

Wow if they can see how much you improved you should get some sort of brownie points. Don't worry, I think everyone has one 'bad' section on each report and your composite is quite competitive. Wow 37 all the way to an 80!?! And what did you do to your bio?!

You're sitting quite well, I believe they do look at bio/chem/math more than anything and your writing/verbal were also quite decent so don't fret at all.

Eat a celebratory cupcake :thumbup:

it looks like we can purchase the score report online already, it allows to put the card information, so i guess they are available online already, just don't want to waste 20$ for that, i am sure today or tomorrow i will get it by mail!!!

Wow if they can see how much you improved you should get some sort of brownie points. Don't worry, I think everyone has one 'bad' section on each report and your composite is quite competitive. Wow 37 all the way to an 80!?! And what did you do to your bio?!

You're sitting quite well, I believe they do look at bio/chem/math more than anything and your writing/verbal were also quite decent so don't fret at all.

Eat a celebratory cupcake :thumbup:

I signed up for the Kaplan course and it was a HUGE help. On the Jan test I used the Kaplan book that they sell in bookstores and it did not help at all. In fact, my friend used the newest edition and took the Aug 2010 test...she ended up making a 60 composite. When I enrolled for the Kaplan course they gave me 4 books (different from the one they sell retail) and I read them cover-to-cover. Although it's pricey, it was totally worth it in the 2 science sections. They also supply you with tons of reinforcement tests which contained questions similar to those on the PCAT. For the math you're better off just reading a calculus book...Kaplan didn't help much. My scores really attest to how well the Kaplan course preps you for the science sections. It's been 6 years since I've graduated with my bachelors, and likewise I haven't had any science/math classes in 6-7 years.

Kaplan should pay me for free advertising :p

I have a question, what are those numbers in the brackets in yr score report??? I can't understand my scores!!!! Thank you!

I'm feeling so down about my scores. :(

Verbal ability 409 63
Biology 411 66
Reading Comp 401 47
Quantitative 419 73
Chemistry 438 90
Composite 416 74

writing 3, 3

I didn't expect to do that bad on the bio section. I'm a bio major and have taken so many bio courses and done well in them. So disappointing.
And 47 for RC??? :(

Do you guys think schools will look down on my low bio, RC, and VA scores? =\

Hello guys, the Oct 2010 scores are out online; so you may share your scores, happiness and bitterness with us on this forum.