Path's lead is shrinking..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Strong work people. I am in the middle of nowhere Ohio for my wifes family Xmas. A place called Napoleon... interesting.. I have of course been here before.. Scary place... very scary!

BTW +pad+ I have traveled like crazy this week. In the last 2 weeks I have been in Chicago (home) to St Louis to Orlando to Atlanta, to Athens, GA to Chicago then to Tucson then to Chicago and then to Ohio where I am now.. Not all of those were for interviews but they were tiresome nonetheless.

EctopicFetus said:
Strong work people. I am in the middle of nowhere Ohio for my wifes family Xmas. A place called Napoleon... interesting.. I have of course been here before.. Scary place... very scary!
Napoleon, Ohio....Sounds scary dude. I try to stay away from any place named after a crazy dictator. Especially, a crazy french dictator.

EctopicFetus said:
BTW +pad+ I have traveled like crazy this week. In the last 2 weeks I have been in Chicago (home) to St Louis to Orlando to Atlanta, to Athens, GA to Chicago then to Tucson then to Chicago and then to Ohio where I am now.. Not all of those were for interviews but they were tiresome nonetheless.
Why were you in Athens, GA? Aren't you interviewing for emergency medicine residency?

EctopicFetus said:

Hey - I was BORN in Napoleon, Ohio. :p Napoleon is a lot closer to civilization than some of the other places I've lived in Northwest Ohio.

southerndoc said:
Can you give us an example? ;)

Hm . . . Fayette, Pioneer, Montpelier and West Unity all come to mind. (they just SOUND like little hick towns, don't they?)

Oh wait . . . you were just kidding. ;) +pad+

There are towns besides Toledo in northwest Ohio? Oh, wait, does Toledo qualify as a town?

A general travel warning- be wary of sharp metal objects in the drive way of strip clubs! Flat tires are a PITA! :laugh: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
southerndoc said:
Why were you in Athens, GA? Aren't you interviewing for emergency medicine residency?

Not there for an interview and like I mentioned not all of my trip was for MY interviews... I was there with the wife.. Cant a guy have a little fun? :)

AmyBEMT said:
Hm . . . Fayette, Pioneer, Montpelier and West Unity all come to mind. (they just SOUND like little hick towns, don't they?)

Oh wait . . . you were just kidding. ;) +pad+

You know Sauder that do-it-yourself put together stuff is made in NW Ohio. There is also Bowling Green, Archibold, Defiance, and of course... Wauseon..

LOL.. :laugh: Ill stick with the big city life!

Welcome to Postwhores Anonymous. My name is Steve and I'm a postwhore and I can't stop.

Praetorian said:
Welcome to Postwhores Anonymous. My name is Steve and I'm a postwhore and I can't stop.
Hi Steve. The first part of gaining control of your life is admitting that you have a posting problem.

We'll introduce you to the 12-step process of controlling your posting habits, but we haven't came up with the other 11 steps.

EctopicFetus said:
Not there for an interview and like I mentioned not all of my trip was for MY interviews... I was there with the wife.. Cant a guy have a little fun? :)
Fun, in Athens? With or without the wife? (There are some really hot girls in Athens, so without the wife would be more fun, albeit more dangers. haha)

Annette said:
There are towns besides Toledo in northwest Ohio? Oh, wait, does Toledo qualify as a town?

This leads to one of my pet peeves . . . . Usually when I tell somebody I'm from northwest Ohio, they say "Oh, you mean Toledo?" There are 60 miles of Ohio WEST of Toledo, people! ;)

Another minor pet peeve: It's ARCHBOLD, pronounced exactly like it looks. You can always tell the non-natives - they are the ones who pronounce it ArchIbAld. :laugh:

Some NWOhio trivia that none of you care about . . . The Etch-A-Sketch (Ohio Art) and Dum-dum lollipop (Spangler's Candy) are both by companies based in Bryan.

OK. I have a really great post-pad image, but can't get it to display!! :mad:

Athens with the wife. School was out anyhow. Cool little city. Strangely enough not much going on, I guess thats what happens when all the kids are out.

On another note, there isnt much going on in NW Ohio. Henry County to be exact. Had a good ole time at the family get together last night. Had one of my wifes uncles offer to let me buy some farmland and he would farm it for me. Now keep in mind I am a big city kid and I dont know the 1st thing about farming or farm land. Good time though.. Nothing like a get together at the local VFW. Archbold.. right sorry about that..

BTW +pad+

southerndoc said:
Hi Steve. The first part of gaining control of your life is admitting that you have a posting problem.

We'll introduce you to the 12-step process of controlling your posting habits, but we haven't came up with the other 11 steps.

southerndoc:

Hi, my name is wook and I too have a posting problem. I'll keep you posted on my progress, though. Please post the 12 steps as they become available.

Yours in posting,

Wook

POSTscript (i.e. PS) :)

POSTPOST script (ie PPS) :laugh:

Annette what about driving through there do you like?

IMO it is only fun cause you can basically sleep while you drive. It is flat and straight. I prefer driving through mountains or hills or something like that.

My impression of the Ohio portion of I-80/90 is this.. Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field,

Repeat 2000 times then you are out of the state. No offense intended.

BTW +pad+ and I am wondering if any one has any thoughts on the city of Tucson and specifically the housing market. It seems like a very expensive place to live and there has been a huge increase in housing cost there. Thoughts?

Certainly I have been gone way way too long.

Let me see if we are still catching up on the Path guys.

Us - 29,737
Them - 34,503

Difference 4766.. They actually caught up by 24 POSTS!!! Come on people we have a way to go. I know I havent been pulling my load!

EctopicFetus said:
My impression of the Ohio portion of I-80/90 is this.. Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field,

Repeat 2000 times then you are out of the state. No offense intended.

And this is different than Indiana and Illinois how? ;)

Because in Indiana it's Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab,Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab,Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Meth Lab, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab, Pot Field, Meth Lab, Meth Lab, Meth Lab, Pot Field, "NOW LEAVING CLAY COUNTY" Sign, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, etc, etc, etc ad nauseaum

See above. I dont have much great to say about Illinois either. BTW it is downright FRIGID here!

EctopicFetus said:
See above. I dont have much great to say about Illinois either. BTW it is downright FRIGID here!
Where in Illinois are you?

totalbodypain said:
I like meth labs..... :barf:
Ever seen one explode? I have....propelled the toilet from the trailer it was housed in about 1/4 mile into a corn field. :thumbup: That's gotta be some kind of record.....

Im in Chicago not too many meth labs here. I am from Miami though and I can tell you weed is a much bigger seller than the other stuff. Well coke is highly sought after as well. A little freebase man!

I figured I would help out in the cause, particularily since I read thru all of the posts and laughed many times (mainly at the additional websites sent to) wished I had found this earlier while studying for finals, would have been great stress relief, now just passing time on break.....hope it helps] :)

+pad+

Time for Ectopic Fetus to post updated statistics re: path's shrinking lead.

(Just a post pad...too tired to look for a pretty icon).

southerndoc said:
It's because the path people have cast bad voodoo on you, hyperbaric!

:scared:

Praetorian said:
Because in Indiana it's Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab,Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab,Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Meth Lab, Field, Barn, Field, Meth Lab, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Meth Lab, Pot Field, Meth Lab, Meth Lab, Meth Lab, Pot Field, "NOW LEAVING CLAY COUNTY" Sign, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Field, Barn, Animal, Field, Barn, Field, etc, etc, etc ad nauseaum
It may be the 14 beers I drank, while watching the Ravens do dirty things to GB*, talking but this is the funiest post I have read in weeks. It's the fact that I had to search for the hidden meth labs that made it truly great. Thanks Praetorian for a hilarous cap to a hilarious evening.

* What must be the least watched football game of the 2005 NFL season.

Oh yeah.....
I almost forgot.......
+pad+ out!

drkp said:
It may be the 14 beers I drank, while watching the Ravens do dirty things to GB*, talking but this is the funiest post I have read in weeks. It's the fact that I had to search for the hidden meth labs that made it truly great. Thanks Praetorian for a hilarous cap to a hilarious evening.

* What must be the least watched football game of the 2005 NFL season.
It's nice to know that I made your night. :thumbup:

Due to the incredible demand ;)
Let me see if we are still catching up on the Path guys.

Us - 29,768
Them - 34,508

Difference 4740.. We caught up by 26 POSTS!!! So since they built their lead we are up 2. Come on people we have a way to go. I know I havent been pulling my load!