Path's lead is shrinking..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Checking in...

Anyone heard any good ortho jokes lately??

Members don't see this ad.

dchristismi said:
To the guy who said he had a cat named Zucchini...

I have a cat named Ion. And yes, he's positively charged. Hubby wouldn't let me name the other cat Anne, though. But I tried.

We left our cat, "*****," with my parents when we had to move into a non-pet-friendly place for a few months. They renamed her "L.P" - short for "Little Puss." They just couldn't bring themselves to yell into the night "***** come here... here ***** *****." :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to get a dog (and will when I move). Debating on what a good name would be. Anyhow I am looking forward to coming home and looking at my dog and saying Sup Dawg!

+pad+

EctopicFetus said:
I want to get a dog (and will when I move). Debating on what a good name would be. Anyhow I am looking forward to coming home and looking at my dog and saying Sup Dawg!

+pad+

I recommend waiting until you have the pooch and then letting it name itself. If you pre-name your dog, then you may be in for a whole lotta trouble. Case in point, back when I was younger and traveling around in an old VW, I wanted a dog named "Peace." So named the dog, then got it. But this pup was anything but peaceful.

EctopicFetus said:

+pad+

I like people names. My dog is Steve & one of my cats is Dave. The names really fit them, somehow. Next I want a Betty.

Day 8 +pad+ of the day

EM Posts - 28,957
Path Posts - 33,981

Difference - 5,024
Change since yesterday - 47...
:thumbup:

I went over there to see what they were talking about.....and they are quite verbose. some intresting posts however, perhaps I will quote the poo thread.....

DrMom said:
We're having sustained winds of about 30 mph & gusts over 50. My power keeps going out. :mad:

Here, too. Lucky for me no power problems...yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
hyperbaric said:
Here, too. Lucky for me no power problems...yet.

power is ok @ my house now, but we just got a call telling us that Little Miss' school is without power & won't get it back on before tomorrow evening...so no school for her tomorrow.

Hey i thought I would throw out a little tid bit about me from a different thread on this thing.

I played High School ball with Chad Johnson, Samari Rolle, Terry Cousin (my weightlifting partner for 1 summer), and Duane Starks. Thats just a little something extra! They are all way richer than I will ever be. I believe Chad signed for 35 Million this offseason :scared: :thumbup:

stw2361 said:
My poor Aggies from Texas A&M put up a valiant fight against UT today; now I have something to look forward to next year......

Gig 'em.

Sniff. Sniff.

Take care,
Jeff

Since I seem to be on a post-pad streak here, how about something truly offensive and tasteless? In other words, just what I needed to come down after my 5th overnight shift in a row:

Joe Cartoon

Best empty your bladder before watching. I wish someone had warned me first.

Take care,
Jeff

Jeff698 said:
Since I seem to be on a post-pad streak here, how about something truly offensive and tasteless? In other words, just what I needed to come down after my 5th overnight shift in a row:

Joe Cartoon

Best empty your bladder before watching. I wish someone had warned me first.

Take care,
Jeff

I don't know what this is, but I'm guessing it's good....

I have internet access through the MCW server; when I clicked on the link I was taken immediately to the MCW IT "Inappropriate Use" page. Sorry, Jeff, but you've officially been censored. :eek:

Early Day 10 +pad+ of the day, missed yesterday as I was hanging with my peeps watching a little football.

EM Posts - 29,059
Path Posts - 34,017

Difference - 4958
Change since yesterday - 66...

We are under 5k :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EctopicFetus said:
Curry n' Rice Girl

I am not indian but some friends are.. This is some good funny stuff.

BTW +pad+ :)
That was absolutely hilarious - I immediately forwarded that to all the Indians in my class. They'll love it. Thankfully they have the best sense of humor in the school.

DrMom said:
Today is my last day of my last required rotation of med school. :D
All electives remaining: no grades, no assignments.

Congrats Dr. Mom, I too am in a similar situation. I will be doing 2 weeks of Gas, then 4 of rads, then all I have left is my medicine Sub-I.

Due to my non traditional start date at my non traditional school I have been done since the end of August but today I got the special email confirming everything is gravy with my paperwork and I am OFFICIALLY a Nov. 30th graduate. Should have my diploma by xmas. :D
DrMom said:
Nice feeling, isn't it :D
How sweet it is

EctopicFetus said:
I propose this whole thread to be a good reason for us to +pad+ as of today they have 33,766 and we have (not including this here post) 28,503, so we are down by 5263.

I think we should just post random, interesting and funny stories here and +pad+. Lets close the gap to 4K by Match Day! Surely we will all start a thread to discuss our interviews and match lists, then the match results! :p
*pencil drops on floor*
+pad+

USCDiver said:
In Russia, EtOH consumes you!

Have you been to Russia before? I really want to go there for a little while (maybe on 4th yr rotation) and learn how to gavorit the ruski.

Put up Christmas lights today. Of course it was at the urging (read naging) of my wife and mother-in-law. ;)
+pad+

MeganRose said:
Have you been to Russia before? I really want to go there for a little while (maybe on 4th yr rotation) and learn how to gavorit the ruski.

I have been! ya gavoroo po rooskie. It is great to speak russian cause so few others do. I can talk to some of my friends and others have no idea. Since many people have some basic knowledge of spanish that is lost with that language!

Gotta love the EtOH! :idea:

Missed a few days.. +pad+ of the day

EM Posts - 29,174
Path Posts - 34,071

Difference - 4897
Change since yesterday - 61...

Strong work people strong work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ArtGod said:
I have been! ya gavoroo po rooskie. It is great to speak russian cause so few others do. I can talk to some of my friends and others have no idea. Since many people have some basic knowledge of spanish that is lost with that language!

Gotta love the EtOH! :idea:

Yeah-- my sister and I grew up in a really white neighborhood in Colorado so we could talk mad s*** about people around us in Spanish w/o them understanding. Definitely doesnt work in San Antonio or most other places now. My boyfriend is Russian so I look forward to having a new language I can be mean in. :)) Did you go to Russia on a 4th year rotation? I've heard there are some English rotations avail so it would be cool to get one of those and do some intensive language study at the same time.

my brother went to russia once to some families PAD......

For some reason I've been neglecting this thread. I'm caught up on the posts now and can continue to contribute. Usually these long ass threads get to be a conversation betwixt a couple of people and are a bore to read through, but you guys have managed to make it about nothing.

My wife and I use Swedish as our secret language, since only a (relatively) few number of people speak it. It is great to be able to discuss others right in front of them and not be understood. It backfired once, though. The person we were trying to avoid understanding us spoke Norwegian, which is similar. Luckily we we not bad-mouthing them, only discussing tangential things. :D

turtle said:
My wife and I use Swedish as our secret language, since only a (relatively) few number of people speak it. It is great to be able to discuss others right in front of them and not be understood. It backfired once, though. The person we were trying to avoid understanding us spoke Norwegian, which is similar. Luckily we we not bad-mouthing them, only discussing tangential things. :D

That is crass and very rude. Whenever I speak ANY language in front of others that don't (whether it's Spanish, French, German, or Chinese), I ALWAYS translate what I'm saying, for that same reason. My Spanish and French are good, and more people already understand them. My German and Chinese are piecemeal, but, even so, I still translate the little bit I know.

Apollyon said:
That is crass and very rude. Whenever I speak ANY language in front of others that don't (whether it's Spanish, French, German, or Chinese), I ALWAYS translate what I'm saying, for that same reason. My Spanish and French are good, and more people already understand them. My German and Chinese are piecemeal, but, even so, I still translate the little bit I know.

What's the point of a secret language if you are going to tell what it is you are talking about? Why not speak the native language in the 1st place?

I am crass, but only kinda rude :D

I think it is obvious that this is meant as somewhat of a joke. My parents speak a language my wife doesnt understand as well as one she does (English). They NEVER speak russian in front of her. That being said they sometimes slip, and when they do they apologize and translate. This comes in handy more so when you are negotiating a car deal, a house deal etc.

Anybody speak Klingon? :p

Apollyon said:
Whoa. My sister and I would never have full conversations in front of ppl who didnt understand, just a few words/sentences about how funny looking their shirt is.... :D

MeganRose said:
I'm from Ukraine originally, and I can tell you that the ruski is pretty hard to learn... but that being said, from what i've heard from 4th years, many rotations over there don't require russian - so maybe they have translators for you? Jelayou vam shastya... (wish you luck) :D

Quid, I too was born in the Ukraine and I can everyone that it is a very hard language to learn. It is quite beautiful though, as my teacher in college told me it was meant to be sung rather than spoken. Russia is a beautiful place to visit.

Missed a day.. +pad+ of the day

EM Posts - 29,281
Path Posts - 34,114

Difference - 4833
Change since yesterday - 64...

Strong work people strong work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Total we have caught up - 430 posts!