Path's lead is shrinking..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
EctopicFetus said:
A better one.. If corn oil comes from corn and peanut oil from peanuts, and olive oil from olives where does baby oil come from? I know you have heard this before. :)
Dead babies. :smuggrin:

What's the deal with Corn Nuts anyway? Is it a corn, or is it a nut?

Members don't see this ad.

leviathan said:
Dead babies. :smuggrin:

Isn't this why gerber doesn't put pictures of babies on baby food in certain countries, the implication being that there is strained/cooked/mashed/ect baby in the jar.

I can just imagine the culture shock now, wondering through the grocery store when all of the sudden...

+pad+

I'm hoping we can push this to a hundred posts by the weekend.

+pad+

Members don't see this ad :)
EctopicFetus said:
I mean honestly what do they talk about? Oh man.. I was looking at this slide and...well.. i guess thats what they talk about!
Actually talking about slides and histology comprises about 1% of the discussion. Most of the discussion centers around applicant issues. Some of the topics revolve around things that clinicians do that piss us off (like paging us :laugh: ). Oh wait, that last topic consists of me bitching and moaning about how much I hate a certain subset of work that I do in a given day.

Day 4

EM Posts - 28,742
Path Posts - 33,924

Difference - 5,182

Change from yesterday - 20...

The pace is slowing down but we have made a dent of about 80 since we started. Keep it up people.. Keep it up!

DrMom said:
We all need to take breaks from the family tomorrow & post like crazy while the path folks are all sleeping off the big meal. ;)

Sorry we're all on call. And we have no families, remember? Because we are shy losers who spend all our time staring at microscopes and are afraid of the light, and the thought of sexual reproduction is just so foreign. Oh, and we smell too.

yaah said:
Sorry we're all on call. And we have no families, remember? Because we are shy losers who spend all our time staring at microscopes and are afraid of the light, and the thought of sexual reproduction is just so foreign. Oh, and we smell too.

Damn!! Forgot those aspects.

I'm such a pathology loser that my husband abandoned me on thanksgiving, all so he could go shoot things. As for smelling, I believe that may be a trait inherent to the male pathologist as I smell of Jo Malone grapefruit cologne.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's interesting how this thread pops up at a similar time as the "Why don't residents post more often" thread in our path forum. I don't think you guys will have much trouble catching up to path. I just didn't know pathology had 5000+ more posts...I thought it was much less.

Anyways, have a happy Thanksgiving y'all.

Gas better not get close to us! I will say the residents on this site are quite solid. Lots of good info!

Here's a nice Thanksgiving joke:

Q. What's the worst part of having sex with a vegetable?

(highlight below for answer)
A. Putting it back in the wheelchair after you're done f*cking it.

On a similar note to the testicle.

Do you know what the Florida state flower is?

Orange blossom

The state bird of Florida?

The state vegetable? Terry Schiavo (not any more though)

That's not funny. I mean, I laughed, but it's not funny. ;)

Just I thought I'd make it 71 before bed +pad+

yaah said:

kinda like gremlins, without the cool evilness.

--your friendly neighborhood friend to the Magwai caveman

Day 6 - Sorry I missed the update yest.

EM Posts - 28,840
Path Posts - 33,953

Difference - 5,113

Change over the last 2 days - 69...

The pace is slowing down but we have made a dent of about 150 since we started our onslaught!

I want to sent a special shoutout the the IM resident letting us know that we are "triage nurses", that helped get the posts up!

EctopicFetus said:
I want to sent a special shoutout the the IM resident letting us know that we are "triage nurses", that helped get the posts up!

here! here!

+pad+

On a different note, I hope that everyone had a good holiday. Anybody else eat more food than a human should yesterday?

All that craziness at Walmart! 2 Million people in their stores between 5-6am. People fighting, thank god I slept in til 930 am. Ill do my shopping on days where I am not interviewing and people arent around.

Oh, I slept in. If you wait until mid-afternoon & avoid the mall & other busy shopping areas it really isn't bad. I didn't encounter a crowd or long checkout line anywhere I went. :D

I also had gotten a few things before today.

Man by my in-laws is a huge mall and we had to run some non-shopping errands and the traffic was INSANE. I am glad I chose to do something else today and I am glad for your sake you slept in too.

EctopicFetus said:

You guys are glorified paramedics! Why don't you get a real job and not one that has you call for help anytime you have a tough patient! The nurses do all your work anyway! I bet your definition of "acute leukemia" is "something you have to page heme-onc about!"

:p

Kidding. My Dad's been an ER doc for 35 years. I much prefer to make fun of pediatricians and orthopedic surgeons.

EctopicFetus said:
I propose this whole thread to be a good reason for us to +pad+ as of today they have 33,766 and we have (not including this here post) 28,503, so we are down by 5263.

I think we should just post random, interesting and funny stories here and +pad+. Lets close the gap to 4K by Match Day! Surely we will all start a thread to discuss our interviews and match lists, then the match results! :p
http://www.whoomp.com/articles/160/1/Nutrigrain-makes-you-feel-great

"Steve, this is Bill, he owns this place, and he's got more money than GOD!!!"

Most random commercial ever, by Kellogg's of all people.

It may take you a while to surpass us but I see it as inevitable. Path forum now mainly consists of 2-3 people having conversations with each other and is otherwise kinda dead.

Plus, I keep posting here so that's more points on your scoreboard :laugh:

I havent but I look forward to it.

Have a good weekend everybody, I'm of to Arizona to see family.

Just checking it to see what the fuss is about.

To the guy who said he had a cat named Zucchini...

I have a cat named Ion. And yes, he's positively charged. Hubby wouldn't let me name the other cat Anne, though. But I tried.

AngryTesticle said:
Plus, I keep posting here so that's more points on your scoreboard :laugh:

AngryTesticle - Is that your child? He goes well with your screen name. :)

hyperbaric said:
AngryTesticle - Is that your child? He goes well with your screen name. :)
Yup, he's mine. The sperm that fertilized the egg to result in that child arose from my left testicle.

Since you are the path guy..How were you able to tell he came from the left and not the right? Or did you happen to lose one?

Day 7

EM Posts - 28,909
Path Posts - 33,980

Difference - 5,081
Change since yesterday - 32...
:thumbup:

EctopicFetus said:
Since you are the path guy..How were you able to tell he came from the left and not the right? Or did you happen to lose one?

Because he knows that child isn't right...

hyperbaric said:
Because he knows that child isn't right...

Please know that I am only kidding... :)