Passed my nbde 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental nerd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ,, I just received my results back and I passed it , if any one need any help in preparing NBDE II let me know and I can help

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys ,, I just received my results back and I passed it , if any one need any help in preparing NBDE II let me know and I can help

Hey Dental Nerd, Can you tell us about the second day in detail. Like which resource you felt is best to tackle the clinical part, On the topics to conentrate etc. I had been out of practice for sometime now, so worried about that. Thanks in advance!!!

hey dental nerd ,can u please tell was the exam all written or was there practical exam as well?how long did u take for preparation,which materials u used.

Hey ..congrats dental nerd ....same ques as above ..can u tell n detail Abt pharma ques ..is it ok to do tufts alone ..and Abt op ..too ..plzz help us who r gng to give the test ..:) thnks n advance ...

Members don't see this ad :)

Happy to hear that you passed. I will take mine in about 2 weeks. Can you share your entire exam experience please? Thanks

Hey ..congrats dental nerd ....same ques as above ..can u tell n detail Abt pharma ques ..is it ok to do tufts alone ..and Abt op ..too ..plzz help us who r gng to give the test ..:) thnks n advance ...
i studied pharma from tufts only ...oral path i read from dental decks and mosby ..follow the asda papers...be clear with the topics covered in the asda papers...dat should be enough

hey dental nerd ,can u please tell was the exam all written or was there practical exam as well?how long did u take for preparation,which materials u used.
there is no practical exam in part 2 ...it will be for 2days ..1st day we will questions like part 1 and 2nd day they will give case histories,radiographs,clinical photographs and based on that questions are asked

i studied dental decks,mosby and asda papers .....

How long did you study for? Do you think it's possible to just read tufts pharm, and do alot of questions and pass if you have a good background already? Also, how in depth was pharmacology? Was it just like tufts pharm or easier? What section was easiest? Thanks!

How long did you study for? Do you think it's possible to just read tufts pharm, and do alot of questions and pass if you have a good background already? Also, how in depth was pharmacology? Was it just like tufts pharm or easier? What section was easiest? Thanks!

I studied for 2 months ....questions will be pretty much like tufts...you have to clear with the side effects and action of the drugs ...and remember the drugs in each group...you will find questions ragarding identification of drug like which one is a calcium channel blocker or beta blocker etc like that....do asda papers properly ....

I studied for 2 months ....questions will be pretty much like tufts...you have to clear with the side effects and action of the drugs ...and remember the drugs in each group...you will find questions ragarding identification of drug like which one is a calcium channel blocker or beta blocker etc like that....do asda papers properly ....

Thank you!!! Would you say decks helped more than Mosby or vice versa?

Congratulations! How long was the wait before you received the results? I took mine last weekend and the wait is killing me! Thanks!

Congratulations! How long was the wait before you received the results? I took mine last weekend and the wait is killing me! Thanks!
Hello. Congrats on completing the exam. Can you tell me how the exam experience was for you, I know you have not gotten your results but just asking because I will take mine in 2 weeks. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. Congrats on completing the exam. Can you tell me how the exam experience was for you, I know you have not gotten your results but just asking because I will take mine in 2 weeks. Thank you
The exam was really fair and doable.There were also questions that I have never encountered before and never heard of, but in general it was okay. It's also helpful to know the basics.:) Good luck on your exam. I was also anxious a week before the exam but you'll be fine!

I got my results in 10 days,, pretty fast,,,

guys dont worry or over worry about the pharma,, trust me for the first day tufts is enough,, but for the second day ,, its not that enough

The exam was really fair and doable.There were also questions that I have never encountered before and never heard of, but in general it was okay. It's also helpful to know the basics.:) Good luck on your exam. I was also anxious a week before the exam but you'll be fine!

:thumbup: Thank you!!! I was worried but I think I just need to relax and prepare as well as possible and give it my best shot. Congrats again on completing the exam. All the best in your future endeavors.

I got my results in 10 days,, pretty fast,,,

guys dont worry or over worry about the pharma,, trust me for the first day tufts is enough,, but for the second day ,, its not that enough
Thanks Dental Nerd! I hope I get the results as fast too. :)

Final question for Dental Nerd and DMDMOM, do either of you think you could have taken the exam with your clinical knowledge and no studying or is it one of those tests that you have to study and memorize alot of info? Thanks

:thumbup: Thank you!!! I was worried but I think I just need to relax and prepare as well as possible and give it my best shot. Congrats again on completing the exam. All the best in your future endeavors.
Thank you! I'm wishing the best for you too! Good luck!

Final question for Dental Nerd and DMDMOM, do either of you think you could have taken the exam with your clinical knowledge and no studying or is it one of those tests that you have to study and memorize alot of info? Thanks
No, there is really a need to study and memorize. Some questions you can use your clinical knowledge but there a lot of objective questions, with very specific answers, and you'll only know that from the reviewers and books.

hey congrats for all who took nbde part 2 and passed it im really glad for you my friends , still ill appreciate your help since your more familiar now with the studying process than me. i have the (dental decks part II 2008 )

-do you think its enough to study or is it obsolete now and like is there a huge difference between this old version and the new version ?

- in general do you think dental decks and asda exams are enough to pass part 2 or do you recommend other necessary materials in addition to them ?

thanks alot for your help

Hi dental nerd, i just started studying for part 2 i am doing dental decks, dental board bustrrs, mosby for patient management and tufts for pharma and asda papers. Do you think this is enough.

Thanks

Hi Guys! COngrats to all who passed! and Goodluck to all who are taking it soon. I have a question. I'm thinking of buying the recent Decks part 2.... What do you guys think of the online version? Have you heard any reviews about it? Should I get it? or stick to the paper version.

Thanks in advance!

there is no difference between the online version and the paper version ...if you are comfortable reading the whole thing on a screen then you can go with the online version itself ..otherwise buy the paper version

hey godwill,, Pt managment its not hard to study , but you have to study hard for it,, forget about study it in decks, do it in mosby ,, and study every single word in mosby ,, all the numbers,, and all the percentages,, EVERYTHING EVERYWORD,,, you have to memorize it

hey godwill,, Pt managment its not hard to study , but you have to study hard for it,, forget about study it in decks, do it in mosby ,, and study every single word in mosby ,, all the numbers,, and all the percentages,, EVERYTHING EVERYWORD,,, you have to memorize it

Thank you very much dental nerd..

Hi,

I am preparing for part 2 and I am looking for a study partner. I am based in San Diego (CA). My email'id is ritu.bhardwaj41@gmail.

plz write back if anyone is interested in studying together

hey,
i have just started preparing for part two... could anyone guide me to plan my schedule , what topics i should study from decks and what from mosby... i have less than two months to prepare and i am looking for a study partner as well.. my mail id is "[email protected]"

Last edited:
hey guys i have started preparing for part two and i have plan to give it in less than two months..what topics do i study from decks and which ones from mosby...could u please guide me..also i am looking for a study partner ..my e mail id is "[email protected]"

Took my exam on 10/2-3 and got my results yesterday and passed, so I will elaborate below since this site has helped me to pass.
Disclaimer: Please do not email me to tell you released questions ect. Everything Im willing to share will be stated below. Also dont contact me to sell my study material, it is for sale on ebay.
-Studied 1 month total everyday 2-6hrs a day. Im in the bottom half of my dental class got a 79 on board part 1, so if I passed you all can pass.
-I used 2008 decks(you dont need the new ones), Mosby, Tufts Pharm and Path, 4 most recent ASDA exams and scored the following from newest to oldest 60/75/78/83.
-I used Mosby as my main and took notes going through it once good. I went through Decks once following each section in Mosby and took notes where Mosby was lacking same with Tufts stuff, reviewed my notes one time and did the 4 most recent ASDA exams then took the exam.
The Breakdown:
-Endo=Decks or Mosby is good and very easy section.
-OP=Decks better than Mosby and easy section if you had a good clinical experience at school.
-Path/Rad=Decks is best everything I saw was from decks, Tufts is just pictures of decks stuff and I did not see any of it on the exam so not necessary to do. I had 10 questions on radiographic pano landmarks that were straight from the decks pictures in that section, so know those.
-Ortho/Peds=Mosby and Decks both good most are pedo questions ortho questions are mainly angle classifications.
-OMFS=Mosby or Decks more than enough.
-PT Mang=Mosby and decks to pass and not as hard as everyone says, all the questions I could answer from Mosby or Decks.
-Perio=Decks!!
-Proth=Decks better than Mosby lots of questions on impression materials and gold/metal casting.
Pharm=Decka and Mosby are a waste of time. Just do Tufts Pharm review like three times and you will get 90% of questions correct in this section.
Overall test is not that hard and I think you need a solid month to guarantee a pass. In the first day I only had like 40 questions that I was unsure of with 5 having no clue. The second day case based was harder and I had 20 questions I was unsure of like 8 were Pharm and Path that I had no clue, but as long as you understood stuff in your time in clinic at school you can get most questions.
Good luck!!!!

thanks a lot
i was just hoping if any one has the latest asda papeers..n if anyone willing to help me with the latest questions..thanks for all the help guys..:)

Hi Dental Nerd. Congratulations! I just took part 1 and I got my results and I pass. I am very happy, but it was hard form me. :)

I want to ask you about part two. I am confuse about the booklet (cases) in the decks
I start studying for part 2 and in the dental decks flash cards refer to see pictures from the booklet for example See picture # 19 , but I can't find the numbers # in the pictures (booklet). I am kind of lost.
I have decks form 2007-2008
Some students said that i don't need to buy the new ones.
Any suggestions ? Thanks:(

Can some one please tell me how or where i can get the Tufts study materials for pharm & pathology?

Thank you .

Hi All of you!

I have my part 2 in 2 weeks. It took me 3 months to study everything ONLY ONCE! I have done 5 sets of ASDA papers only. I am Very slow at studying and its taking me forever to revise what i studied. So far I have only been able to revise Endo perio and oral surgery and still have ALL the rest left!

I am freaking out now as there is NO way Ill be able to revise everything in just 2 weeks. Please give me some tips on what to revise in the last 2 weeks. I also feel I have major attention deficit and cant focus on a topic for more then 2 hours... Please help! I am VERY worried!!!

Thanks in advance

Took my exam on 10/2-3 and got my results yesterday and passed, so I will elaborate below since this site has helped me to pass.
Disclaimer: Please do not email me to tell you released questions ect. Everything Im willing to share will be stated below. Also dont contact me to sell my study material, it is for sale on ebay.
-Studied 1 month total everyday 2-6hrs a day. Im in the bottom half of my dental class got a 79 on board part 1, so if I passed you all can pass.
-I used 2008 decks(you dont need the new ones), Mosby, Tufts Pharm and Path, 4 most recent ASDA exams and scored the following from newest to oldest 60/75/78/83.
-I used Mosby as my main and took notes going through it once good. I went through Decks once following each section in Mosby and took notes where Mosby was lacking same with Tufts stuff, reviewed my notes one time and did the 4 most recent ASDA exams then took the exam.
The Breakdown:
-Endo=Decks or Mosby is good and very easy section.
-OP=Decks better than Mosby and easy section if you had a good clinical experience at school.
-Path/Rad=Decks is best everything I saw was from decks, Tufts is just pictures of decks stuff and I did not see any of it on the exam so not necessary to do. I had 10 questions on radiographic pano landmarks that were straight from the decks pictures in that section, so know those.
-Ortho/Peds=Mosby and Decks both good most are pedo questions ortho questions are mainly angle classifications.
-OMFS=Mosby or Decks more than enough.
-PT Mang=Mosby and decks to pass and not as hard as everyone says, all the questions I could answer from Mosby or Decks.
-Perio=Decks!!
-Proth=Decks better than Mosby lots of questions on impression materials and gold/metal casting.
Pharm=Decka and Mosby are a waste of time. Just do Tufts Pharm review like three times and you will get 90% of questions correct in this section.
Overall test is not that hard and I think you need a solid month to guarantee a pass. In the first day I only had like 40 questions that I was unsure of with 5 having no clue. The second day case based was harder and I had 20 questions I was unsure of like 8 were Pharm and Path that I had no clue, but as long as you understood stuff in your time in clinic at school you can get most questions.
Good luck!!!!

Hi All of you!

I have my part 2 in 2 weeks. It took me 3 months to study everything ONLY ONCE! I have done 5 sets of ASDA papers only. I am Very slow at studying and its taking me forever to revise what i studied. So far I have only been able to do Endo perio and oral surgery and still have ALL the rest left!

I am freaking out now as there is NO way Ill be able to revise everything in just 2 weeks. Please give me some tips on what to revise in the last 2 weeks. I also feel I have major attention deficit and cant focus on a topic for more then 2 hours... Please help! I am VERY worried!!!

Thanks in advance

Hi All of you!

I have my part 2 in 2 weeks. It took me 3 months to study everything ONLY ONCE! I have done 5 sets of ASDA papers only. I am Very slow at studying and its taking me forever to revise what i studied. So far I have only been able to do Endo perio and oral surgery and still have ALL the rest left!

Thanks in advance
Hey..my xam s n two days ...will let's knw ..what I knw ..do pharma and op nicely ....these two r confusing little bit ,as told by people who appeared for xam ,,,rest s fine...will update u after my xam:)

Thank you simsim... I hope you do great and pass!!! yes please fill me in when you are over with your exam...all the best!

Hey..my xam s n two days ...will let's knw ..what I knw ..do pharma and op nicely ....these two r confusing little bit ,as told by people who appeared for xam ,,,rest s fine...will update u after my xam:)