Pak Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summerbreeze88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i live in america and i have a low undergrad GPA (3.0) and a low MCAT (20). what are some good pakistani medical school options for me? does anyone know how the application process works? i want to get in for the 2012 class.
i contacted shifa already and they only take applications from june thru august. are there any other schools that any of you recommend?
thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
All medical colleges and universities are regulated by the respective provincial department of health. They however have to be recognized after meeting a set criteria by a central regulatory authority called Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). Entrance in to the medical colleges is based on merit under the guidelines of PMDC.

Do you know if there's any way around needing an IBCC equivalence? For example, some way to use your BSC degree from a North American school to get admission and not have to rely on high school grades?

And do they look at high school grades for just grade 12 (in Canada that's pretty much what uni's do) or do they look at high school grades from grade 9-12?

My high school grades were good but I think they subtract 15% or something in which case they're not so good lol.

Hey!
All medical colleges and universities are regulated by the respective provincial department of health. They however have to be recognized after meeting a set criteria by a central regulatory authority called Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC). Entrance in to the medical colleges is based on merit under the guidelines of PMDC.

yes man .but when u return in ur country the u will ur country medical test for practice