medical schools in Pakistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shanayaali

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone know what is the eligibility criteria to get into medical school in Pakistan? I am undergraduate student in New York pursuing my bachelors in psychology. As medical schools here are expensive I am interested to pursue my MD from Pakistan? Can some one plz help me with Info on cost, eligibility criteria, entry exams, best medical schools in Pakistan specifically Lahore and duration of program? Your help is greatly appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Does anyone know what is the eligibility criteria to get into medical school in Pakistan? I am undergraduate student in New York pursuing my bachelors in psychology. As medical schools here are expensive I am interested to pursue my MD from Pakistan? Can some one plz help me with Info on cost, eligibility criteria, entry exams, best medical schools in Pakistan specifically Lahore and duration of program? Your help is greatly appreciated !

Hello,

If you're studying in NY, I would recommend staying in the US. I am from the Northeast myself, with a lot of family that went to medical school in Pakistan. I am now in my 4th year (graduating 2016) from a Caribbean school, and I would *not* recommend going to school in Pakistan. Best option is to go to a MD or DO school here. I think Caribbean is still a better option that Pakistan if you plan to return to the USA - you're teaching is geared towards the USMLE and you do clinical rotations in the States. You'll probably get a great education in Pakistan, but you're making it pretty tough on yourself in terms of matching.