Pacific University Oregon Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Gang

I am currently a student as i have mentioned before in this post...last interview i answered a lot of people's questions and I will be happy to help out this time too! Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

Members don't see this ad.

anybody know how many spots are left for admission. I have the march 5th interview so im worried that I will be in a more tough spot to get admitted. How much does the interview play a role in total admissions process (ie 50%, 60%). also, on a scale of 1 to 10 how did u feel about the interview. on the website they interview 300 but admit a 100 so it seems like a low chance for me to get admitted.

any feedback would be appreciated

During the Jan 8th interview, we were told that they accepted about 20 out of the 60ish people invited at each interview date. So I think that your chances would be relatively the same.

I really enjoyed the interview, it was very casual and conversational. The questions were just like the ones mentioned in the interview feedback section.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody know how many spots are left for admission. I have the march 5th interview so im worried that I will be in a more tough spot to get admitted. How much does the interview play a role in total admissions process (ie 50%, 60%). also, on a scale of 1 to 10 how did u feel about the interview. on the website they interview 300 but admit a 100 so it seems like a low chance for me to get admitted.

Hey when did you receive your invite for march 5th interview?

anyone else receive an invitation for the interview on March 5th? If so, when did you receive it?

Congrats on getting the interview! each interview day, pacific accepts about 20/ 60ish people who interviews.. so in that sense your chance is the same compare to someone who interviewed back in november.

disadvantage: since this is the last interview date, committee hold ( where pacific hold onto your application in order to compare you to the next batch of interview) may not help you much

Advantage: This is getting to the end of the cycle where most people interviewed already knew where they are accepted, or gotten into 1st choice school and may have given up their spot.. so it may help you out that way :)

If i had to guess, I would say interview plays 90% of the whole process because it is a all-day interview and not 30mins at some other school. Then again I am guessing :)
Best to you!

During the Jan 8th interview, we were told that they accepted about 20 out of the 60ish people invited at each interview date. So I think that your chances would be relatively the same.

I really enjoyed the interview, it was very casual and conversational. The questions were just like the ones mentioned in the interview feedback section.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Hi, Do you know where you would be attending since you got accepted to so many schools? :)

anyone else receive an invitation for the interview on March 5th? If so, when did you receive it?

got an official rejection notice from Pacific today :/

Pretty bummed but i probably deserved it. I don't think my supplemental essays were very strong. Their letter suggested I try to improve my GPA which is about a 3.3

At least i still have my interviews with UWash & UColorado to look forward to :)

Good Luck to the rest of you!

When did you interview???

Crappers. I got placed on committee hold via email from Kieran. I thought I nailed the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Got an email today as well. On committee hold for the third time now...this waiting process is frustrating!!!! : /

Same! Got an email today as well. On committee hold for the third time now...this waiting process is frustrating!!!! : /

If you are on committee hold, then you are placed in different tiers from which they choose after the last interview date. So I don't think it matters that you have been sent the committee hold email three times since your interview. They won't decide until after the March interviews and then by mid-March, whether you got accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

Received mine via email today...debating whether or not i should go bc its next week and i will have to fly in from la.

Just withdrew my app today. Hope this opens up a spot for someone else!

Hi! I recently got accepted and is from SoCal so I was wondering how did you look for housing before school start?..what are some of the good areas to live that are close to the Max? ANd... Do you think its best to live with other pharm students or should I live alone?

Hello Gang

I am currently a student as i have mentioned before in this post...last interview i answered a lot of people's questions and I will be happy to help out this time too! Let me know if I can be of any help to you.

heyy if you don't plan on driving around, there are a few good apartments on the max line. most of my friends live in orenco station and nexus. they're considered expensive for the area but cheap if you're coming from socal. i drive and i'm not too far from the max line and pay $865 a month for a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom at commons at the creekside. nexus and orenco might run around $1000 for the same thing because they're nicer and on the max line. living with other pharm students can be nice but as always, it's just a preference. you might get lucky with a roommate you like or unlucky with someone you aren't too compatible with. i like having someone around sometimes. oh, and i'm a current p1. looking forward to meeting you and everyone else who has been accepted!

Hi! I recently got accepted and is from SoCal so I was wondering how did you look for housing before school start?..what are some of the good areas to live that are close to the Max? ANd... Do you think its best to live with other pharm students or should I live alone?

heyy if you don't plan on driving around, there are a few good apartments on the max line. most of my friends live in orenco station and nexus. they're considered expensive for the area but cheap if you're coming from socal. i drive and i'm not too far from the max line and pay $865 a month for a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom at commons at the creekside. nexus and orenco might run around $1000 for the same thing because they're nicer and on the max line. living with other pharm students can be nice but as always, it's just a preference. you might get lucky with a roommate you like or unlucky with someone you aren't too compatible with. i like having someone around sometimes. oh, and i'm a current p1. looking forward to meeting you and everyone else who has been accepted!

Thanks Davokim for the info. For Creekside, do you know how far that is from the max line? ....Also, I have a relative who is going to Pacific's optometry school and she is currently attending the Forest Grove campus and she wants me to live with her this upcoming fall....i'm not too sure where her apt is at (my parents just told me over the weekend, so I haven't had the time to talk to her yet) ...so do you know how far Forest Grove is from the pharmacy campus...i googled the two campuses' address and it said that the two school is 6.6 miles apart. I don't know any upcoming P1 students so I'm not sure what to do about my living situation yet :(..oh, its very nice to meet you too. I will look forward to meeting you this fall too.

hey does anybody know of the $45 hotel that people went to. or is there any hotel that you can get a cheap discount by mentioning you are an interviewer?

davokim,

glad to hear some pacific students giving advice for future pacific students. I just have three questions tho

1.) can you list the pros about the schools?

2.) can you list the cons about the schools?

3.) how much study do you do in a week, is there a lot of studying in the weekends?

I am coming from Southern California, Orange County, and I will attend Pacific in the fall. Is there anyone who is looking for a girl roomate? I'm planning to get an apartment that is near the MAX line. Thanks! :)

I am coming from Southern California, Orange County, and I will attend Pacific in the fall. Is there anyone who is looking for a girl roomate? I'm planning to get an apartment that is near the MAX line. Thanks! :)

Hi...I'm from the OC too and will be attending Pacific in the fall as well.... and I'm looking for a roommate as well. davokim told me that there are two locations near the max line that we can live...i think those places are called creekside and orenco.

Hi Soonie87!

Nice to meet you. I'm Sylvie and I'm in the facebook page for Pacific Pharmacy Class of 2014. You can find me there. Are you part of that group as well?

Hi...I'm from the OC too and will be attending Pacific in the fall as well.... and I'm looking for a roommate as well. davokim told me that there are two locations near the max line that we can live...i think those places are called creekside and orenco.

nexus is also really popular on the max line :) creekside isn't actually on the max line - its a few minutes away but far enough where you would have to drive to the park and ride. you might have some luck finding roommates on the fb group here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_159447247425298&ap=1

Anyone got the news yet? I just got it. I was rejected boooo :mad:

I just got the email saying i'm waitlisted. I'm Tier 1, though. I suppose there's a silver lining.

I just got the email saying i'm waitlisted. I'm Tier 1, though. I suppose there's a silver lining.

you're lucky Tier 1 has the best chance just gotta for a few more months. Im in Tier 3 so gotta for the rest of my decisions to go well.

Does anyone know how many people are in each Tier and what is the chance for each Tier to get accepted based on previous years?

Does anyone know how many people are in each Tier and what is the chance for each Tier to get accepted based on previous years?

In the email I received they said that those in Tier 2 have been accepted the last three years and that they have a moderate chance. I think the email said something like

Tier 1 = high chance
Tier 2 = moderate chance
Tier 3 = slime chance and to start making other plans.

I don't know, though. I hope they starting moving through the wait list pretty quickly.

don't lose hope! i got pulled off tier 3 last year :)

I was also accepted to Pacific for this fall. I am from Florida and I am looking for a roomate too.

Hi Soonie,

I am also looking for a roomate to room with. I was accepted at Pacific University for the fall as well.

Anyone looking for a male roomate.. hit me upp im from socal went to ucla and im very kicked backed.. my emails [email protected]!! holla at meeee

Just got accepted.... I was on the waitlist tier 1.
Dont loose hope!!!
:laugh::thumbup::laugh:

Just got accepted.... I was on the waitlist tier 1.
Dont loose hope!!!
:laugh::thumbup::laugh:

Congrats!!!

Did they call you or send you an email/letter? I'm waitlisted Tier 1 as well, and I haven't heard anything yet. :( It's nice to know they're pulling people off the list, though.

Congrats!!!

Did they call you or send you an email/letter? I'm waitlisted Tier 1 as well, and I haven't heard anything yet. :( It's nice to know they're pulling people off the list, though.]

Thanks! They called me first and then later emailed me with the detailed information. Since you are Tier 1, you should definitely be fine. They will eventually call you. Just be patient

LOL, being patient is the worse part. Thanks for the info!

:DAccepted!!!! Got the call March 29th!! Congrats to all who got accepted see you in fall!:D

Im looking for a roommate...Im from PA. Anyone interested or also looking for a roommate please let me know

Last edited:
Hi Soonie,

I am also looking for a roomate to room with. I was accepted at Pacific University for the fall as well.

Congratulations!!!

Someone from this forum and the facebook forum had contacted me as well. We are both from the OC (CA) and she is planning to go in May or June to look for apt....so I'm planning on joining her as well, but you are welcome to join us as well...maybe we can look for a three bedroom apt. Have you join our school facebook forum yet?...I'm on it and I go by "Ngoc" ...so try to find me on there and I will give you my contact #

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Hope that helps out somebody here, good luck! :D

Hey guys, I will be moving to Oregon to attend pacific hopefully around august 1st and have found that it is much cheaper to have a roomate then to live alone in a 1 bedroom apartment. I am open to living with males or females. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or text me at 520-203-1497 if youre interested :)

Thanks!!