Pacific U (Part II): Roll Call and Info Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well it's my understanding that you need a 90% on the tests to pass each class. What's that... an A-? But I wonder if it really works like that.

Members don't see this ad.

hello everyone. just a friendly reminder that there is a quiz on bloodborne pathogens training and HIPAA training online due by 8/31/07. has everyone got a chance to finish the HIPAA training online?? I couldn't log on for some reason and school almost starts im a little worry.

Hello,
I don't know if you received the package they sent to all the accepted students. I think there were some specific instructions to submit the quiz on paper and then mail it to Sara Fox. Well, I know my roommates wrote theirs on paper and they have submitted theirs like two weeks ago.

I strongly suggest you do the quiz on paper and mail it in ASAP.

hello everyone. just a friendly reminder that there is a quiz on bloodborne pathogens training and HIPAA training online due by 8/31/07. has everyone got a chance to finish the HIPAA training online?? I couldn't log on for some reason and school almost starts im a little worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot login to the website to complete my HIPAA class either - I am just going to wait until after the move (I am almost there, visiting a friend in Boise, Id) - The blood borne pathogens quiz is VERY easy, mostly common sense - a quick 5 minutes...

At any rate - hope everyone is doing well - Pharm - I loved your post about commuters on yahoo... hahah - dont get everyone worked up now... although I cannot imagine a true division of the class based on relative location to the school...

however - if it does come to that - I am afraid we cant be friends - you see - I live WAY too close to the school to be socializing with the likes of you :cool:

~above~

aboveliquidice,

what was your rejection on the school.learnsomething.com website?? will you let me whenever you're able to log on the website. thanks a lot!

Hey all. I had a little trouble logging in to Hippa training, but then realized that the password and login were case-sensitive. You may have already tried this, but thought I'd pass it along.

Currently I'm on vaca, so I left all my Pacific papers at home. I didn't mail in my BBP quiz, I was planning on just bringing it next week. Did I miss somewhere where it said to mail it, or do you think bringing it is fine?

Can't wait to see all of you next week...it's finally here!

hello everyone,

they said on the very front page to mail the BBP quiz in to Sara Fox but i think it's ok to bring them in and hand it to her. i tried both passwords but still didn't work. I was trying to contact Rucker but he didn't pick up the phone. I guess i'll just wait til Wed. See everyone there!!!

So Pacific students.....how are classes going so far?

Considering our first exam is this Friday...I'm not feeling too chipper. The pace of learning is pretty intense. I feel like I don't have time to digest one lecture before the next comes along. I better get into learning shape quick!

It's very hard. :( Test is tomorrow and I really hope I pass the 1st time. I need a day off real bad.

Why hello Pharm47! ;) Hope your rotation went well.

The first assessment was no joke... Some of us did good - but a lot of really awesome students struggled with it. (2) years of chemistry and a half semester of biochem on one test was a bit much - sure we did it - but I dont know about keeping this pace... All I know is I cannot wait for sleeping in tomorrow... holla

~above~

Hello,

I've read through a number of the posts (including the old thread) and it seems that this is a mix of both current Pacific Pharmacy students as well as some not in the program. Am I correct? I am going to be applying this month of next year's program and like an earlier poster am curious about the program as well as the admissions.

One of my concerns is that I was told the first year students were a mix of backgrounds - many of which weren't even medical related. Is this true this year or is the program going primarily for those who have worked in the health care field? I come from a business background - though my first BS degree was science related. I have always had an interest in pharmacy and am a stage in my life where I want to actively pursue it. I originally talked to Vanessa and this last summer did a course review with Kent to finalize any pre-reqs I would need to take.

Let me know if I've in fact gone to the wrong thread.

Thank you kindly.

Hello,

I've read through a number of the posts (including the old thread) and it seems that this is a mix of both current Pacific Pharmacy students as well as some not in the program. Am I correct? I am going to be applying this month of next year's program and like an earlier poster am curious about the program as well as the admissions.

One of my concerns is that I was told the first year students were a mix of backgrounds - many of which weren't even medical related. Is this true this year or is the program going primarily for those who have worked in the health care field? I come from a business background - though my first BS degree was science related. I have always had an interest in pharmacy and am a stage in my life where I want to actively pursue it. I originally talked to Vanessa and this last summer did a course review with Kent to finalize any pre-reqs I would need to take.

Let me know if I've in fact gone to the wrong thread.

Thank you kindly.

hi hi, I am also an applicant and I've started a thread regarding this yr's applicant for Pacific at this address http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=432477

hopefully the current students can answer your other questions tho!

Hi michelle_is_me - thank you for the link to your new thread. I'll go check that out. :)

I have a question for this year's first year students at Pacific. What are your days usually like? Do you get breaks throughout the day, and if so, how long are they? How much time is spent listening to lectures versus working with other students?

Thanks