Overcoming Chocolate Addiction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HistoRocks

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

HistoRocks said:
Any suggestions?

i used to eat a lot of chocolate too. just change your schedule a bit, you'll slowly learn to give up that love for chocolate :(

man.. only thing i suggest is will-power. everytime your brain says "i want chocolate, now" just ignore it. Eat something healthy instead- a granola bar, yogurt, fruit, etc. you'll feel healthier too!
although once in a while chocolate is okay.

my roommate last yr had the worst addiction to pepsi. she'd drink cans and cans everyday. it sucked. so then she replaced that with water. it took a while for her to get over it, but honestly, "where there is a will, there is a way." good luck my friend. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well .. this is what I am doing ...
God: Take only one - High grades or chocolate? ..
Me : High grades!! :D

HistoRocks said:
Any suggestions?
Try chewing gum. It works for smokers.

:eek: Give up chocolate??? NEVER!!!!!!! haha for me, i could never give up chocolate. Plus my parents just got back from England today and they brought all my favorites (cuz we all know American chocolate/Hershey's suck, i can't even swallow that stuff :barf: ).
I was hooked on pepsi before but now i just drink water instead...getting over that addiction wasn't too bad.
However, I don't buy Nutella anymore...that's progress, huh :clap:

Besides chocolate is good for the heart ;)

rxgal8 said:
Besides chocolate is good for the heart ;)
Never heard of that quote. I assumed it was "wine is good for the heart". :)

data said:
Try chewing gum. It works for smokers.
:eek: they have chocorette (kinda like nicorette gum)? :laugh:

data said:

Dark choclate is good for the heart too.

g3k said:
Dark choclate is good for the heart too.
I agree. Nothing like belgium chocolate or is it dutch chocolate.
:laugh: at rxgal's post. too funny :)

data said:
dark chocolate has some (very few) beneficial flavenoids that are good for your arteries...but of course i'm kidding, it does more bad than good physiologically. Whereas, emotionally...all good :p

data said:
I agree. Nothing like belgium chocolate or is it dutch chocolate.
:laugh: at rxgal's post. too funny :)
Lindt is belgium :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
German chocolate is good too...YUM!

Toblerone, Cadbury, Laura Secord, and Lindt are to die for.....

homer-drool.gif

sunny123 said:

homer-drool.gif
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
omg you just named my fav 3....i havent tried laura secord but it's on my list now...

lol...after all this...i dont think this thread will help HistoRocks overcome her addiction :oops:

sunny123 said:

homer-drool.gif
:laugh: DONUT. I do enjoy a taste of the Tim Horton's Boston Creme.

Data my friend, you and I shall get along just fine. :D

rxgal8 said:
omg you just named my fav 3....i havent tried laura secord but it's on my list now...
What about the swiss chocolates like Ferrero Rocher. Forgive me for my spelling. When I eat chocolate last thing i do is read the cover. Just rip it and munch it all down. "Melt in your mouth not in your hands" got to love those M&Ms :D

rxgal8 said:
try it Jeenal!! Have it with a french vanilla ice cream!! OMG!!! :laugh:

data said:
What about the swiss chocolates like Ferrero Rocher. Forgive me for my spelling. When I eat chocolate last thing i do is read the cover. Just rip it and munch it all down. "Melt in your mouth not in your hands" got to love those M&Ms :D
I used to eat Ferrero's when I was younger. Anyone like Cadbury's Mini-Easter Eggs?

sunny123 said:
Data my friend, you and I shall get along just fine. :D
My friend sunny do you enjoy the sweet taste of the Boston creme? :thumbup:

Fo sho!! Actually, have you tried Timmy's maple donut?

No i haven't is it any good? Does timmies have it? I usually get the boston creme and the dark chocolate one.

Yeah, Timmies has it right now (I think). It was the May-flavour of the month.

sunny123 said:
Yeah, Timmies has it right now (I think). It was the May-flavour of the month.
You sound like a friend of mine who places peanut butter on one side of his toast and maple syrup on the other. I don't know too many people who enjoy maple taste at all.

I actually did that a couple years ago. But then I stopped taking lunch to school.

sunny123 said:
try it Jeenal!! Have it with a french vanilla ice cream!! OMG!!! :laugh:
mmmm..... i sure will!

data said:
same here....Ferrero Rocher's are YUM too....and Ritter Sports :thumbup:

rxgal8 said:
mmmm..... i sure will!
See i like sprinkles in my icream with nuts and everything. But on donuts, sprinkles don't blend well....what is it called again?

rxgal8 said:
same here....Ferrero Rocher's are YUM too....and Ritter Sports :thumbup:
I don't know what ritter sports are...give me a picture please. :)

data said:
I don't know what ritter sports are...give me a picture please. :)
Here you go....
645785Prd.jpg

I like the Milk Chocolate flavor though :)

I think almost everyone is addicted to chocolate...once you start its soooooo hard to stop... specially since the more sugar you consume..the more you crave...
...but i think there was a point where i just had had enough.....so it went away...but i love swiss chocolates and toblerone etc...once you take a bite..you can't give it up...don;t even talk abt sharing.... :p

:oops: I am addicted to gatorade!! HELP!! :oops:

hopeful05 said:
I think almost everyone is addicted to chocolate...once you start its soooooo hard to stop... specially since the more sugar you consume..the more you crave...
...but i think there was a point where i just had had enough.....so it went away...but i love swiss chocolates and toblerone etc...once you take a bite..you can't give it up...don;t even talk abt sharing.... :p

:oops: I am addicted to gatorade!! HELP!! :oops:
Gatorade? They are tasteless to me. I guess chocolate has messed up my taste buds. :laugh:

rxgal8 said:
Here you go....
645785Prd.jpg

I like the Milk Chocolate flavor though :)
Thanks, I remember them. Another chocolate name I have to remember. I do not know how you remember all these names. Focus on the eating! No thinking. :D

data said:
Gatorade? They are tasteless to me. I guess chocolate has messed up my taste buds. :laugh:

chocolate does possess wierd <magical> powers!! :eek: :laugh: :D :p

too bad...i luv the orange gatorade...its my H2O...

hopeful05 said:

Do you do a lot of exercise? i'm wondering, if you see any effects in gatorade on your ability to run farther or faster.

Gatorade is supposed to keep you from dehydrating and also it's full of electrolytes. So, it helps intensify your workout with better results. I used to drink it but now I just stick to mostly water...

rxgal8 said:
Gatorade is supposed to keep you from dehydrating and also it's full of electrolytes. So, it helps intensify your workout with better results. I used to drink it but now I just stick to mostly water...

kem?

Premedtomed said:
kemke (because)...
i used to work out for longer periods of time and thus drank gatorade. but now i only do short work-outs (got less time) so water is enough to keep me hydrated :thumbup:

rxgal8 said:
:eek: Give up chocolate??? NEVER!!!!!!! haha for me, i could never give up chocolate. Plus my parents just got back from England today and they brought all my favorites (cuz we all know American chocolate/Hershey's suck, i can't even swallow that stuff :barf: ).
I was hooked on pepsi before but now i just drink water instead...getting over that addiction wasn't too bad.
However, I don't buy Nutella anymore...that's progress, huh :clap:

omg i hate hershey's!! i love the brit stuff- i used to live in australia, so we got all their chocolates.. like cadbury's. mmm.... what's your fav? i like Roses, Quality Street, and Cherry Ripe. dammit i want to go back now.

data said:
Do you do a lot of exercise? i'm wondering, if you see any effects in gatorade on your ability to run farther or faster.

i do ALOT of dancing....gatorade just helps to rehydrate me...because after dancing i can't eat for a while..just can't (and, obviously not just before it either!)...so gatorade gives me the sugar, h20 & electrolytes to prevent cramps and headaches....
i also run and play tennis....yeah it can help you play longer...because your body gets the hydration and energy....LOL i remember they used to give us "glucose" in india following the races.... :laugh: but it was good stuff....

I go to the gym regularly & play racket sports a lot!specially squash!it drains u out!gatorade helps to replenish the salts & water lost in form of sweat& thus maintains the electrolyte balance! ;)

i love orange gatorade too!well i dig other flavours too!say grape & lemon for eg!

hopeful05 said:

prady said:
these days i'm trying out the snickers marathon energy bar!hey,hopeful !why dont u try it?
I'm only addicted veggie burgers. They taste so much like chicken. :D