Overall Lifestyle in Residency and Beyond

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pegasus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading from the FM site and they were talking about call for FP vs other residencies. I just want to clarify a few things, call and hours during residency for Peds is similar to FM right?

I also am curious to call after you begin a practice. What is the difference between rural vs city, solo vs group practice. Will you always have to take call no matter where you practice?

Also, another ?---What are the typical hours for a Pediatrician? I know part time is an option, but what about the low $ of a pediatrician? It just seems that primary care, including peds, have to work so so hard with at least 10 hours a day and call at least every week and a weekend a month...I just want to clarify what lifelstyle will be like during and after residency.

I LOVE pediatrics, but lifestyle is VERY important to me. I just want to be fully informed before I make a wrong decision

Please, any help would be appreciated..I am trying to decide between EM and other specialties such as Peds and FP.

Thanks
Pegasus

Members don't see this ad.