out of state for texas schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm on elective... starting Medicine soon. Miss the OR! dd, how do you guys do your surgery clerkship? Are you on a general service, or do you do subspecialties too?

I'm on general right now. We do 4 weeks of general and two two week rotations on specialty. I did CV and urology, both were cool. The general is ok too, don't get me wrong, it's a county hospital so we get to do a lot, I'm just less than enthused about the hours. Most of the residents seem to also agree on their view of the lifestyle. They like what they do, but not the lack of a life. luckily only a week and a half left and the shelf. Heard it was kind of tough!...any last minute hints? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on general right now. We do 4 weeks of general and two two week rotations on specialty. I did CV and urology, both were cool. The general is ok too, don't get me wrong, it's a county hospital so we get to do a lot, I'm just less than enthused about the hours. Most of the residents seem to also agree on their view of the lifestyle. They like what they do, but not the lack of a life. luckily only a week and a half left and the shelf. Heard it was kind of tough!...any last minute hints? ;)

Yep... pray you remember stuff from Step 1 :) It's pretty tough, but manageable. I used NMS surgery casebook, Pestana notes, and uworld surgery questions... wish I had more time to study though.

Hmmm...where is cpa?:(

Got to be in on an arthrogram and a myelogram thur while rotating through fluoro. They were ok. Sorta anticlimactic though. Tested off on cxr, supine ab, shoulder, and hand series so far.

Word has gotten around that I'm the guy to go to for physics help. A few people have approached me about tutoring, and as a result I've been compensated over the past month with fruit, sushi, a pitcher + a couple of bottles of beer, a margarita, and homemade cookies. I had to turn down a free lunch. We have 2 more semesters of imaging physics:D.

Good luck on the shelf dd.

Yep... pray you remember stuff from Step 1 :) It's pretty tough, but manageable. I used NMS surgery casebook, Pestana notes, and uworld surgery questions... wish I had more time to study though.

I've done NMS and pestana as well. Never made the world investment. I needed a break from that damn thing after step. I'll probably wait and buy it again for medicine next spring and step 2.

Thanks kudu!