OT What are you cooking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They also have canned fully assembled hamburgers :p

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
They also have canned fully assembled hamburgers :p
And plastic wrapped

gummy-mini-cheese-burgers-125819-ic.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
BB52398C-6276-4132-B4F6-8673FE90B9F4.jpeg

I actually made this last night!! Mm the veggies were so good

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
tortilla española

• Love
Any advice on making hearty/tasty summer salads? I really love salad but they never keep me full because I have a super high metabolism and also don't eat meat. so basically looking for ways to add substance/protein to salads. not a big fan of hard boiled eggs. send your recipes my way!! (also it may or may not be almost 100 degrees in Oregon right now and I can't cook because of this. thanks global warming)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Jesus Christ I just got on here to post and I also made enchiladas smh
IMG_9370.JPG

IMG_8075.JPG

Sweet potato, chard, and cremini mushroom filling
used this recipe as inspiration for the filling but changed quite a lot from it lol
Added more spices and salt. used corn tortillas because like, flour tortillas are bad haha. didnt measure the veggies or anything. All the veggies are local and/or organic and from the local coop. I used Japanese sweet potatoes so I feel fancy about that.
this makes 10+ enchiladas. added a bit of cottage cheese to the filling, don't ask me why lol. This could be made vegan without cheese on top (or sub vegan cheese)
this was super delicious mmmm. but now I look like a copy cat :mad:
anyways, back to mmmm :hungry:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I feel like I don't have enough friends and loved ones to make enchiladas lol. I would be eating those leftovers for weeks

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I feel like I don't have enough friends and loved ones to make enchiladas lol. I would be eating those leftovers for weeks
...Im slightly embarrassed to say I ate 3 enchiladas, which is nearly 1/3 :rofl:
my partner gets home soon and will easily eat 2-3 also. I thought it was going to last a while but now I am not thinking so
Edit nope he just ate one now I feel like more of a fat ass lol

Last edited:
Enchiladas are my go to clear the fridge meal and I've actually specifically made ones with sweet potato, chard and mushrooms before haha. It's good ****.

Reactions: 2 users
Home fries with chard and topped with garlic scape farmer's market pesto. Add some over medium eggs in
293C2F08-D55D-4E83-AB7F-028F577177F3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Ugh and leftover enchiladas are not so good. Soggy tortillas :grumpy:
Oh I disagree. I think they are delicious and it helps the flavors marinate lol. But I also am a big fan of left overs

Made gf cheese biscuits yesterday with an aldi mix my partner's mom sent us. Super delicious. It's so nice to have more time to cook now that classes are out
ED30F444-8E14-4F08-85FE-B7557E9507C1.jpeg

Eating a delicious beyond meat burger tonight
5FC28191-914D-4801-B51C-0DAF6A143AE0.jpeg

I'm feeling kind of inadequate next to the rest of you! I made leftover pasta, that my hubby made.

I'm feeling kind of inadequate next to the rest of you! I made leftover pasta, that my hubby made.
Don't feel inadequate! My bf grilled the burgers and made most of it. And the biscuits were a super easy mix.
I survive most of the school year on gluten free frozen pizzas or boxed mac n cheese lol. No shame!

Made gf cheese biscuits yesterday with an aldi mix my partner's mom sent us. Super delicious. It's so nice to have more time to cook now that classes are out
View attachment 268999
If you like cheese biscuits and gluten free things, try making pão de queijo. It’s basically just tapioca flour, oil, eggs, milk and cheese. So not vegan (if you’re vegan and not vegetarian) but super delicious and have an interesting consistency. I’ve made them a few times and they’re a lot of fun since tapioca is so different to work with than other flours.

If you like cheese biscuits and gluten free things, try making pão de queijo. It’s basically just tapioca flour, oil, eggs, milk and cheese. So not vegan (if you’re vegan and not vegetarian) but super delicious and have an interesting consistency. I’ve made them a few times and they’re a lot of fun since tapioca is so different to work with than other flours.
Oh I almost commented about this in my original post!! I love pao de queijo I got hooked on it and only used chebe bread mixes for a while but it's super easy to make with tapioca flour. And soooo delicious.
I'm not vegan, just vegetarian :)

Oh I almost commented about this in my original post!! I love pao de queijo I got hooked on it and only used chebe bread mixes for a while but it's super easy to make with tapioca flour. And soooo delicious.
I'm not vegan, just vegetarian :)
Oh awesome! Only problem I have with it is that you have to eat them fresh or they go down in quality like 50%. So you’re kind of forced to eat 20 of them at once... which is sometimes not a bad thing lol

Beechers!!!!!!!!!

Face rock over Tillamook for Oregon brands
Face rock??
Idk because beecher's is delicious but I feel like tillamook is significantly more versatile and diverse
I think in our cheese drawer rn we have 2 types of goat cheese, 2-3 types of tillamook, and beechers :hungover:

Have you not had face rock? What kind of PNW cheese fan are you?? o_O
No I havent.:sorry: just looked it up and it was established 2013 when I graduated from HS. and then I spent 4 years in the midwest :p so it isn't a surprise I haven't had it. I will have to check it out
I first happened upon Face Rock on my venture down the Pacific hwy

What a delight that discovery was
:oops:

Last edited:
One scoop cardamom, one scoop New York super fudge chunk and raspberries :biglove:
847EBED0-DEB0-494B-A509-033FC342512E.jpeg

Also lol I didn't cook this

This is why I eat leftover enchiladas with tortilla chips

But like, where's the rest of it? Those scoops look tiny! (this is why I have weight issues)
I eat ice cream almost every day lol so I try to keep the portions down a bit. The photo also might make it look weird. I use a zeroll scoop which is supposed to portion out 2.0 ounce servings, but I have no idea if this is actually accurate. I've also noticed that the first few bites of something always taste the best, so I have tried making smaller servings, then go back for more if I am still hungry or want more. I also ate this right after having a large and filling veggie burger :)