OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Texans are good though. I have hockey on Sunday mornings so I miss most of the early games, but I've entertained myself since I got back home by watching Ravens fans melt down on my FB and various internet forums. Good times. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

The Texans are good though. I have hockey on Sunday mornings so I miss most of the early games, but I've entertained myself since I got back home by watching Ravens fans melt down on my FB and various internet forums. Good times. :laugh:

Yeah...I have to give the Texans credit. They played well...and hit our weaknesses. Not much more can be said.

And our record is still better than the Steelers this year. I am looking forward to November :p

Yeah...I have to give the Texans credit. They played well...and hit our weaknesses. Not much more can be said.

And our record is still better than the Steelers this year. I am looking forward to November :p

Steelers are having a bad year, but if the Ravens fans can complain about injuries...the Steelers are basically pulling people from the stands to play offensive line at this point, and having Polamalu and Harrison and Woodley and Ryan Clark and everyone else on the defense injured or out at various points hasn't really helped them either. I see them as 8-8 this year, maybe 7-9 or 9-7 depending on how the bounces go in some games. Certainly not a playoff team, unless they really get their acts together and people come back to full health.

Members don't see this ad :)
Steelers are having a bad year, but if the Ravens fans can complain about injuries...the Steelers are basically pulling people from the stands to play offensive line at this point, and having Polamalu and Harrison and Woodley and Ryan Clark and everyone else on the defense injured or out at various points hasn't really helped them either. I see them as 8-8 this year, maybe 7-9 or 9-7 depending on how the bounces go in some games. Certainly not a playoff team, unless they really get their acts together and people come back to full health.

I definitely tease the Steelers just because I am a Ravens fan, but I have always had mad respect for them as a team.

I never really liked the Steelers and I never really had a good reason why but they were solid. I kind of like watching the Patriots and the Steelers fizzle right now- you've had your turn to be awesome, let someone else have a try.

Patriots almost choked away my staying in the running for a survivor pool I'm in this year. Good thing the J E T S could outchoke them. ;)

7-0, down to 20 of us left out of 684 that started. :smuggrin:

Somebody explain to me how the Vikings are 5-2 instead of 2-5? I gave up on this season before it started, and now I've missed some halfway decent games. Grr.

All Day Adrian Peterson is beasting again, and the defense is pretty damn good. So Christian Ponder can Trent Dilfer his way to some wins.

Patriots almost choked away my staying in the running for a survivor pool I'm in this year. Good thing the J E T S could outchoke them. ;)

7-0, down to 20 of us left out of 684 that started. :smuggrin:

SMH. I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning to watch that crap. :mad::mad::mad: Is it sad a huge part of me wanted the Jets to win to knock a bunch of people out of my survivor pool? A fumble was a fitting end to that disaster of a game.

Seriously, being a Jets fan is a first-class ticket to AA. Or anger management, not sure which is coming first ;)

My SO is a lifelong Buffalo Bills fan. Every time I get frustrated with my 6 time Super Bowl winning, perennially competitive, 3 head coaches in the last 43 years favorite team, I just stop and think about that and then it doesn't seem quite so bad. :laugh:

Jerry Jones (again) ANIMATED!

148216_o.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually completely disagree with this (of course what would I know, I am not an NFL player).

How can you be overrated when no one really thinks you are any good?

Michael Vick would be a much better choice in my mind.
Actually I would say Cam Newton is probably most overrated right now. The guy seemed like he was voted into the hall of fame last year. I am sure same thing will happen to RGIII... just need a little more film on him, and a lot more hits.

Mobile running QBs can do great when they are young. A few hits and their legs slow down, and then they have to actually learn the position.

Tebow is most over-hyped. Not over-rated.

Mobile running QBs can do great when they are young. A few hits and their legs slow down, and then they have to actually learn the position.

I feel like RG3 has a good grasp on the game, though, and isn't just about the run (like Tebow). Before last week (not sure about after the Giants game) he was the leading QB in the NFL. Dude can play :love:

Not over-rated.

Actually both Cam Newton and RGIII have good to excellent pocket presence and make pretty good decisions for 2nd and 1st year QBs.

49ers fans anyone??
:)

They are my husband's favorite team. I have been following them because of him and I guess you could say I am a fan now. Plus there are a couple OSU cowboys on the niners roster.

Geez Emiloo...you almost had us in the 3rd quarter. :scared:

Geez Emiloo...you almost had us in the 3rd quarter. :scared:

We usually have everyone in the third quarter and then stop playing in the fourth. Every. Single. Game. It's ridiculous :uhno:

We usually have everyone in the third quarter and then stop playing in the fourth. Every. Single. Game. It's ridiculous :uhno:

We've always been a second half team...but I thought with so many of our defensive players out you all stood a real chance--good game.

We've always been a second half team...but I thought with so many of our defensive players out you all stood a real chance--good game.

We're the Browns. :uhno: everyone stands a chance :rolleyes:

I never thought I'd say this in my entire life, but I almost feel bad for the Steelers right now. I'm a huge Giants supporter (BF is OBSESSED), but these refs :eyebrow:
Just wow :wow:

Seriously... can they just go ONE GAME without showing Jerry's ugly face? :uhno:

This is hilarious. Eagle fan venting after MNF loss..

Warning: this video contains offensive language. Please do not watch if you will be offended - unless you are an Eagles fan, then I don't care. :p

[YOUTUBE]-nD0m-cE9pY[/YOUTUBE]

So can someone whose team is always bad shed some light on why my SO at the beginning of this season decided to bet me that the Bills would have a better record than the Steelers?

I legit felt too bad for him to even accept the bet. And that's saying something. I am not typically...the sympathetic type, one might say....

So can someone whose team is always bad shed some light on why my SO at the beginning of this season decided to bet me that the Bills would have a better record than the Steelers?

I legit felt too bad for him to even accept the bet. And that's saying something. I am not typically...the sympathetic type, one might say....
One word: Hope.

At the beginning of the season, you always think that your favorite team is going to win the Super Bowl. I mean, everyone starts off 0-0 right? Plus you get excited about the little things and forget about the big picture. Like, "They finally drafted a QB!!!!!" But then forget that the team still needs a legitimate LT, LG, RG, RT, DE, OLB, CB, FS,SS, CB, MLB, K, etc.

On another note, Bills fan were feeling it this year. That team shelled out $100 million for a guy who was considered to be the top free agent. They have good talent at RB and some decent WRs, but with all of that they just haven't come together for some reason.