OT: Everything NFL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Romo isn't really bad.

However..

brady-tantrum-o.gif

Hahahahahaha Ngata for the win.

Members don't see this ad.

As a Brown's fan of 26 years... yes, my baby pictures are of me in a Browns sweater :rolleyes:, I always expect the worst and hope or the best. We've been rebuilding since 1946 :rolleyes:

Bless the Browns and all their fans. Ya'll got a raw deal! I'm forever rooting for them to have a good showing. Them and the poor Lions.

:rofl: :thumbup: Brady drives me mad! Such a pouty mess...

So I am a die-hard NYJ fan...

There are still Jets fans? I thought you guys were extinct! Having to share your habitat and all... ;)

And as odd as it is, gotta throw my love out for the Packers. Sorry, LIS. Yeah, they're in the same confrence as the G-men, but living in WI does something to you. Those people are a riot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad I watched the second half of the Skins' game instead of studying more for my Public Health final. 76 yards, baby.

I'm not hoping for anything spectacular this season, just 0.500 and some wins against the Cowboys.

And as odd as it is, gotta throw my love out for the Packers. Sorry, LIS. Yeah, they're in the same confrence as the G-men, but living in WI does something to you. Those people are a riot!

:thumbup::thumbup:

it's not odd. don't be ashamed.

Went to school with Ponder! :thumbup:

Gotta give the dude credit. He's consistently looked better every game. I hate to get my hopes up (long term, that is - they have no hope this year), but he may have a pretty decent future.

What is up with that Avatar?
:uhno:

Seriously? This avatar rocks the Buffy WW game.

And as odd as it is, gotta throw my love out for the Packers. Sorry, LIS.

It's all good. I love me my Vikings, but I've never gotten into The Rivalry. I enjoy watching a decent GB game, too. *shrug*

I've never gotten the whole intense fandom thing for teams.... kinda like when people say "we won" and I'm sitting there thinking: "You didn't win. They won. You watched. You think they care about you?" *shrug* Just not my thing. I just watch because I like a good game.

(Which, I suppose, doesn't explain my loyalty to the Vikes.)

I've never gotten the whole intense fandom thing for teams.... kinda like when people say "we won" and I'm sitting there thinking: "You didn't win. They won. You watched. You think they care about you?" *shrug* Just not my thing. I just watch because I like a good game.

I dunno, without fans the NFL is...well, the UFL.

ftr, I don't really do the "we" thing either. But I'm also more realistic (some may say pessimistic) about my favorite teams.

My broncos are coming out with a Win tonight! It was 24-0 and they came back!! :D :love:

Gotta give the dude credit. He's consistently looked better every game. I hate to get my hopes up (long term, that is - they have no hope this year), but he may have a pretty decent future.

He was really good at FSU actually, but was completely ignored because that-guy-I-won't-mention was all over the headlines. He is really smart too. Got his bachelors and masters in finance within 5 years while playing football. Nice guy too. :thumbup:
It always annoyed me how people ignored him even though he clearly had better QB skills than *ahem*. Look who has a starting QB job now :D

Cleveland Browns were sold today and Holmgren was released. Our future lies in the hands of Joe Banner.

Our turnover rate it ridiculous... Both on and off the field.
:uhno:

From Maryland, raised a Skins fan but still enjoy the Ravens. Hoping Ray Lewis isn't gone for good :( He deserves to go out on his own terms.

There's no way he is gone for good! Heart and soul of the team.

Can't wait for Sizzle to come back:)

Members don't see this ad :)
There are still Jets fans? I thought you guys were extinct! Having to share your habitat and all... ;)

There are a few of us still around, it's just that we are a dying breed. Being a Jets fan leads to drinking WAY too much during games to try and ease the pain, which in turn leads to cirrhosis and early death. We are an endangered species. :rolleyes:

It's funny that I very easily could have been a Giants fan as a kid, growing up in NY and my dad not being a fan of either NY team (he is a Steelers fan, born and raised Pittsburgher). Hubby and I have a joke (actually not really that much of a joke) that if I was a Giants fan though, we could never have gotten married. He is a HUGE Skins fan and absolutely HATES the Giants. And seeing how much I hate the Dolphins and the Patriots, I don't think I could ever be with a die hard fan of my arch rivals. Ahhh, the insanity of football.

Admit it, you just like the discount double check commercials!!:D

There are a few of us still around, it's just that we are a dying breed. Being a Jets fan leads to drinking WAY too much during games to try and ease the pain, which in turn leads to cirrhosis and early death. We are an endangered species. :rolleyes:

It's funny that I very easily could have been a Giants fan as a kid, growing up in NY and my dad not being a fan of either NY team (he is a Steelers fan, born and raised Pittsburgher). Hubby and I have a joke (actually not really that much of a joke) that if I was a Giants fan though, we could never have gotten married. He is a HUGE Skins fan and absolutely HATES the Giants. And seeing how much I hate the Dolphins and the Patriots, I don't think I could ever be with a die hard fan of my arch rivals. Ahhh, the insanity of football.

I am so darn glad I accidentally left my browser open to SDN prior to going for rounds. AFTER I clocked out some asshat showed up to use equipment and I'm the only one left in the department. I'm tired and cranky and just wanted to go home so I was quite annoyed - until I read your post! Endangered species - HA!! :laugh: And I ended up a Giants fan purely on almost the same chance basis... My father came to the states in the 60's so he didn't really didn't have much on the NFL other than we lived in the NY market and my mom simply liked the sport. And yeah, married to a Skins fan as a Giant lover would never work! My limited time living in the DC area was enough to prove that one. YIKES!!

Admit it, you just like the discount double check commercials!!:D

OK, I admit it... LOVE the guy with the cheese head that bangs on the window screaming 'Rogers!!'. But, I'm currently digging the one where they pull Andre Dawson out of the ivy at Wrigly. Fun-nee!! All kidding aside, I have my own cheese head - a going away gift from my neighbor: A diehard Vikings fan. She said it pained her more than I could ever know to buy the 'thing'. I'll treasure it always.

And yeah, married to a Skins fan as a Giant lover would never work! My limited time living in the DC area was enough to prove that one. YIKES!!

Could be worse...I'm marrying a Dallas fan! I even asked if we could play Hail to the Redskins at the wedding :laugh: I think the only way I can justify it is that he's FROM Dallas, just like I'm from DC. So I understand that he has been misguided from the very start. Poor guy.

:laugh:
Maybe you didn't catch a few of Romo's games last year when he whined to his receivers and OL every time something went wrong. He definitely had a whiny streak.

If you ever watch us play (especially this year) recievers are blowing routes, and dropping TONS of passes....whining to your recievers vs. yelling at them as a QB...

hater

Could be worse...I'm marrying a Dallas fan! I even asked if we could play Hail to the Redskins at the wedding :laugh: I think the only way I can justify it is that he's FROM Dallas, just like I'm from DC. So I understand that he has been misguided from the very start. Poor guy.

Haha. Wow. And yes, being from Dallas is the only way I can accept that. Can't process the number of Cowboys fans in this area who have never even been to Texas and have no connection to the state. Baffles me.

:eek: Brave souls are you. I shudder at the thought of even dating a Dallas fan. The only thing worse would be an Eagles fan. My sister did that and if I didn't like the guy as much as I do...

Haha. Wow. And yes, being from Dallas is the only way I can accept that. Can't process the number of Cowboys fans in this area who have never even been to Texas and have no connection to the state. Baffles me.

It blows my mind that they're everywhere. That whole 'America's Team' crap got old...

At least in the 70s and 90s the cowboys had good teams..

These days they are all hype.

It's pretty fun most of the time- his whole family are Dallas fans and my whole family are Skins fans so there's plenty of heckling. Not going to lie, game days are rough, especially when a winner is decided. I like to think neither of us is a sore loser but it gets pretty quiet and we save the "AH HA, suck it cowgirls/dead-skins!!" until the next day at least :D

have to go back to the 30's and 50's to find a bad head coach for the Steelers. :smuggrin:

edit: Saban was the worst because he just up and left after he said he didn't want to. part of being a coach is being a leader, and he showed himself to be a pisspoor one.

at least I assume that was one of the ones you attribute to "bad press"

have to go back to the 30's and 50's to find a bad head coach for the Steelers. :smuggrin:

edit: Saban was the worst because he just up and left after he said he didn't want to. part of being a coach is being a leader, and he showed himself to be a pisspoor one.

at least I assume that was one of the ones you attribute to "bad press"
Saban is fine. Quitters=bad coaches.

David Shula. The organization was a mess, hard to blame it on him.

Eric Mangini.. .hey Bill Behlichek couldn't win in Cleveland, why should anyone else be expected to.

Frank Kush. well I hated this guy, but again, the colts organization was a mess. He wasn't the main problem.

Kevin Gilbride. really? they are blaming Ryan Leaf on the coach? I don;t know if Gilbride is any good as a head coach, but he certainly has done well with a real QB by the name of Eli as an OC .

Ray Handley. This one is a joke. He took over an aging team and the NY press ran him out of town. There were MUCH WORSE coaches in the 70s. The team was a mess back then... He wasn't a good coach, but 1 losing season out of 2 can't compare to 15 straight losing seasons 68-81.

Phil Bengston... Followed Vince Lombardi, and was a .500 coach. Not being Lombardi should not put you on the list. They needed to go further back. Green bay didn't always win.

Mike Ditka... He was a lousy GM more than a lousy coach. I mean, this team defined bad for years long before he got there. Ditka sucked but not as bad as in the "aints" days in the 70s/80s.

Ray Perkins... Again, the Bucs had winless seasons. How can you not pick one of those disasters. Perkins didn't do great, but you can't blame him for sticking with Vinny Testerverde who was a great college QB and eventually became a serviceable NFL QB.

Mike Singletary: I don't know.. I just kind of liked the guy. A bit crazy, but he wasn't that bad. And again, just because the press eviscorated him.. the 49ers were just awful before Bill Walsh. Just who the hell remembers anything about them back then. Again, he just got a lot more bad press.. And just because the team wins with a coaching change is meaningless. In NFL parity, you see that all the time and it has nothing to do with the coach. Bill Parcells won 3 games one year after the Giants made the playoffs. , and 10 the next. Did his coaching improve? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Arizona.. If we are including the St Louis days, then they had much worse than Dennis Green. Again, he wasn't good, just disappointing more than bad. Arizona is another crappy franchise. The writeup is so glowing over an improvement to 8-8 the following year. really? a 3 win improvement is their evidence?

Tom Flores: This is the criticism "Despite turning Jim Plunkett into a Super Bowl winner, Flores couldn't do the same with other first-round quarterbacks, Kelly Stouffer, Dan McGwire and Rick Mirer." Um.. again. you want to blame the coach for that?

Again.... I think every one of those guys deserved to be fired, just that there were worse periods in every one of those franchises histories whose coaches should be considered. I don't blame bad won-loss record on coaches with lousy GMs, making lousy personnel decisions, and certainly don't blame them for QBs who flame-out like Ryan Leaf. Good coaches who go to bad franchises especially shouldn't be candidates to me - I Don't think the problem is the coach then.

sorry for the tl;dr message. Once I got going I couldn't stop.

Quitters=bad coaches.

#1 reason I hate Belichick: Was head coach of the NYJ for ONE DAY and then resigned. He didn't have to accept the position. If he wanted to coach NE, fine, but I did not appreciate that move. Especially because right after his resignation he signed with the Pats.

ETA: granted he has been a good coach for NE, I won't deny that. But for the Jets, well it was an awful move IMO.

THis is ridiculous. Tebow needs to get smacked in the head.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-t...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

And they better not grant that "trademark" as he was not the first one to do that in a football game (let alone life):

Super Bowl XXI (one example of many):
22758.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is the most ridiculous thing ever!! Just when I think the Jets can't disappoint me any more, something like this comes out. Who knows, maybe this is all part of some cosmic disappointment balance and they will even it out today by beating the Pats. A girl can dream :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's silly. In his defense (because I'm me and I have to argue it), if he's trademarking the exact Tebowing posture, something like that picture you posted SOV wouldn't really be Tebowing. It isn't just kneeling, it's got the fist to the forehead, too. So you see a lot of players (both now and before Tebow hit the scene) do the kneel or knee/genuflect but not so much the fist to forehead.

tim-tebow-tebowing.jpg

But yeah, even I can't really argue in favor of this one.

Who would have thought a NFL thread would be discussing the nuances of kneeling - thanks Tebow!

Oh my gosh.

Worst game I have seen the Ravens play. Ever.

:mad:

Not too happy about their negative fantasy points defensively, either:thumbdown:

They got me 7 points. Opponent had the packers D who got the same amount of points so it worked out I guess.