opinion on my stats

Ma1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, here's another "is this good enough to get an interview" post.

QR: 350
RC: 290
Bio: 330
GChem: 330
OChem: 380
Phy: 280

TS: 330
AA: 330
gpa 3.41 pre-req 3.39 (nonscience major)

I have a lot of shadowing/volunteer experience. I am just worried because I have applied to three schools already and haven't recieved an interview from SCCO or UHCO. I know these aren't spectacular stats...but I was just concerned, do you think that they will withhold me from an interview because of the 2 scores below 300?? :(
*How does the school know to review your application again after you've retaken the oat?
*Do you know of anyone that applied in sept/oct and recieved an interview only AFTER retaking the oat??

I'd really appreciate any input as that "class of 2007" thread is making me nervous :oops: Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have a lot of shadowing/volunteer experience. I am just worried because I have applied to three schools already and haven't recieved an interview from SCCO or UHCO. I know these aren't spectacular stats...but I was just concerned, do you think that they will withhold me from an interview because of the 2 scores below 300?? :(
*How does the school know to review your application again after you've retaken the oat?
*Do you know of anyone that applied in sept/oct and recieved an interview only AFTER retaking the oat??

I'd really appreciate any input as that "class of 2007" thread is making me nervous :oops: Thanks

As far as SCCO goes: overall your stats look okay...I had similar numbers but with only one sub-300 score (QR=270). The TS and AA should be able to get you an interview, IMHO. But if I were you, I would call the admissions office for some advice regarding those two sub-300 scores. Betty (and the rest of the admissions staff at SCCO) are pretty helpful with such issues.

You might want to let the school know that you've retaken the OAT so that they know to expect your newer scores. I'm not sure about your second question though.

scco has this new policy about only giving interviews to ppl with ts, aa, and rc over 300, so your rc score might hurt you a little. definitely follow alferec's advice and call or email them. everyone at scco are wonderful and so willing to help.

Thank you for your responses :) I will call them tomorrow morning