Ole Miss 2011 App Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureopt31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with Ole Miss Pharmacy and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of questions are on the test that they give during the interview process. Any help would be great, thanks!:p

Members don't see this ad.

No one in here applies to Ole buddy. No one!
Only 2 of us...so i guess it doesn't matter what questions they gonna ask...we will get in for sure!!!:laugh:

Okay, seriously...is ANYONE HELPING US OUT?:smuggrin:

Did you check the interview feedback? Did you search for old threads? Did you make sure that the university is named the University of Mississippi and NOT "Mississippi University" (not to OP)? Did you know that for the previous admission cycle there were only 195 "Regular Entry" applicants, of whom 66 matriculated? So ponder how likely it is that someone who had previously interviewed there would also actually check the SDN forums and post a response in a "timely" fashion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell us what happens, I'm planning on going into pharmacy at Ole Miss.

yeah, I got all the stats already Sine Cura, thanks... vinapharm is Ole Miss your first choice?

Did you check the interview feedback? Did you search for old threads? Did you make sure that the university is named the University of Mississippi and NOT "Mississippi University" (not to OP)? Did you know that for the previous admission cycle there were only 195 "Regular Entry" applicants, of whom 66 matriculated? So ponder how likely it is that someone who had previously interviewed there would also actually check the SDN forums and post a response in a "timely" fashion.
....only 66 ppl will be accepted?
Man, this tougher than private school. Is this OLE Miss suppose to be public school?

:sleep:

PS: Future: No, it is not my 1st choice!

....only 66 ppl will be accepted?
Man, this tougher than private school. Is this OLE Miss suppose to be public school?

:sleep:

PS: Future: No, it is not my 1st choice!

It is a public school, and they favor in state students.
They only accept 66 people from the regular application pool.
they have what they call early entry where they accept 30-40 students.

did u guys write another personal statement for their supplemental application?

and do you guys know how strict they are on the medical micro prereq?

I didn't write another personal statement for the supplimental app and I think they are pretty strict on the prereq's unless you have a class the will substitute for the micro class. you need to call and ask them.

I interviewed at Ole Miss last year, so i will try to help with some of your questions.

Last year they were pretty strict with their pre-reqs. I know they told one girl that she wouldn't be considered because she could not finish the required classes in time. If Medical Micro is not offered at your school, call Ole Miss and ask them what class at your school will satisfy the requirement.

The test- I don't really remember what was on it, so it really wasn't that big of a deal. I remember it being more of a what would you do in this situation kind of thing. Not that bad.

Overall their interview days were not stressful at all. They are a good program, and I believe they are about to open a new building next year.

Thanks Southern Belle, what school did you end up attending? And why did you decline Ole Miss

Thanks Southern Belle, what school did you end up attending? And why did you decline Ole Miss

I am currently attending The University of Tennessee. I chose Tennessee because I felt like their program was a better fit for me and my career goals, not because I saw anything wrong with Ole Miss and their program. I was very fortunate to have the option to choose between some top notch programs.

I am currently attending The University of Tennessee. I chose Tennessee because I felt like their program was a better fit for me and my career goals, not because I saw anything wrong with Ole Miss and their program. I was very fortunate to have the option to choose between some top notch programs.
Oh cool , thanks for the info girl!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
so... did you get accepted for 2010 or for 2011? I have an interview in 3 weeks

Last edited:
so... did you get accepted for 2010 or for 2011? I have an interview in 3 weeks

I am sure it was for 2010 because they haven't accepted anybody for 2011. They haven't even started their interview. I think the first interview day is feb 4th.

So how is your interview? can you....open a little to us what kind of questions they ask and what is the pros plus cons you encountered during the interview!
Hehhe thanks:rolleyes:

It went well. Friday was information about the school and very laid back. Saturday was the critical thinking exam and then the interview. The critical thinking exam had a few genetics questions, a few bioethics questions, and some what would you do in this situation. The interviewers were friendly and it was not stressful. The interview was 15 minutes and then there was an exit interview with Dr. Wilson. The exit interview was just to make sure you had all of the necessary classes and requirements for the college. So when is your interview scheduled?

Last edited:
So how is your interview? can you....open a little to us what kind of questions they ask and what is the pros plus cons you encountered during the interview!
Hehhe thanks:rolleyes:
And make sure you have all of the pre reqs that Ole Miss requires before you come bc they require a few more than most. There were 2 people that came to my interview day that did not have all the classes and were not currently enrolled in them and the school said no. You have to have them:)

Last edited:
And make sure you have all of the pre reqs that Ole Miss requires before you come bc they require a few more than most. There were 2 people that came to my interview day that did not have all the classes and were not currentky enrolled in them and the school said no. You have to have them:)
Oh man....i still need to take statistic class......:(

So did they tell you how many people applied this year? About how many applicants were there that day?

So did they tell you how many people applied this year? About how many applicants were there that day?
Dr Wilson said there were approximately 140 applicants. I am guessing there were a little more than 40 that day. I think that a few had to reschedule due to inclement weather that weekend. When will you be interviewing? Also, they will not accept summer classes. The absolute latest time to complete a class will be maymester. Vinapharm you should enroll in that class asap... maybe even consider an online course.

Dr Wilson said there were approximately 140 applicants. I am guessing there were a little more than 40 that day. I think that a few had to reschedule due to inclement weather that weekend. When will you be interviewing? Also, they will not accept summer classes. The absolute latest time to complete a class will be maymester. Vinapharm you should enroll in that class asap... maybe even consider an online course.
Wow

Last edited:

My interview will be on the 18 th. That's kinda weird about not accepting summer classes because on their pharmcas page it says they will accept summer classes.

My interview will be on the 18 th. That's kinda weird about not accepting summer classes because on their pharmcas page it says they will accept summer classes.
Really, What section says that on PharmCas? Because I just read the entire page for the University of Mississippi and didn't see it anywhere. But maybe I overlooked it. Regardless, I spoke to the admissions staff prior to my interview Feb 4th and they said no summer classes and that the school is strick about that sort of thing and Dr. Wilson confirmed it during the interview process. If you are missing any, I would recommend enrolling in them ASAP! :)

Sharlita, what other schools are you applying to? I am only applying to Ole Miss because that is really the only school I want to attend! Hope I get accepted:xf:! Good luck on your interview! Are you a Mississippi resident?

Really, What section says that on PharmCas? Because I just read the entire page for the University of Mississippi and didn't see it anywhere. But maybe I overlooked it. Regardless, I spoke to the admissions staff prior to my interview Feb 4th and they said no summer classes and that the school is strick about that sort of thing and Dr. Wilson confirmed it during the interview process. If you are missing any, I would recommend enrolling in them ASAP! :)

I copied this from their pharmcas page:
PREREQUISITES
Number of college SEMESTER HOURS that must be completed prior to matriculation:
89 Number of college QUARTER HOURS that must be completed prior to matriculation:
N/A Applicants must successfully complete ALL course prerequisites by the end of:
Summer 2011 term

I am a MS resident, and I am also only applying to ole miss. I have all the classes, but I think I took the wrong biochem class. I go to southern miss, and we don't have a maymester. Thank for giving me this info. I will just print out this page, and show it to them next week, and hope that it's going to work.

PREREQUISITES
89 Number of college QUARTER HOURS that must be completed prior to matriculation:
N/A Applicants must successfully complete ALL course prerequisites by the end of:
Summer 2011 term

I am a MS resident, and I am also only applying to ole miss. I have all the classes, but I think I took the wrong biochem class. I go to southern miss, and we don't have a maymester. Thank for giving me this info. I will just print out this page, and show it to them next week, and hope that it's going to work.
Oh you are right! Well they will have to honor that then!

PREREQUISITES
Summer 2011 term

Not sure what part of the state you are from, but MSU has maymester, Ole Miss does too I think and maybe MUW. I would also check any of the MSU/Ole Miss satalite campuses. If you are in the Jackson area, I would call everyone; Millsaps, MC, JSU, also check and see if Hinds or Holmes will be offering a Maymester. Then there are always online classes. I would not count on them accepting summer classes because PharmCas says so when they stated explicitly during the interviews they will not. Good luck!

Oh you are right! Well they will have to honor that then!
Interview on Friday and Dr.Wilson said they won't accept summer class? Weird cuz i know on Pharmcas they said they accept summer term:confused:

Well, he said that i can take online classes.

Interview on Friday and Dr.Wilson said they won't accept summer class? Weird cuz i know on Pharmcas they said they accept summer term:confused:

Apparently Ole miss doesn't realize that PharmCas has them listed as accepting summer classes. Dr. Wilson said PharmCas posted some incorrect information about the college from the very beginning...

Did you tell him that it was posted on their pharmcas page that they will accept summer classes??

Hey guys, which hotel did you stay at, and how far was it from the school.

Sharlita, I did not tell him that because I didn't realize they had it posted incorrectly. And I am taking the remainder of my required prereqs this Spring so I didn't check on that info. Also, I didn't rely on Pharmcas for my information... I called the school with all of the questions I had but Pharmcas really should have corrected it by now. The Comfort Inn. It is right down the road. I think you can take Biochem online at some colleges but not sure about USM.

Last edited:
Sharlita, I did not tell him that because I didn't realize they had it posted incorrectly. And I am am taking the remainder of my required prereqs this Spring so I didn't check on that info. Also, I didn't rely on Pharmcas for my information... I called the school with all of the questions I had but Pharmcas really should have corrected it by now. The Comfort Inn. It is right down the road. I think you can take Biochem online at some colleges but not sure about USM.

Thanks futureopt31. I should have called them, but since I saw the info on pharmcas i didnt think there was a need for that. I am Hoping they will accept the biochem class that I took because it is an upper level class :xf:. I am gonna talk to them next week during my interview and see what they' re going to suggest. Unfortunately USM doesn't offer biochem online, but I will try to look around other school. I only applied to this school becasue the other schools are ridiculously expensive, and I like their program and the school. I hope it Works out for all of us :xf:

Thanks futureopt31. I should have called them, but since I saw the info on pharmcas i didnt think there was a need for that. I am Hoping they will accept the biochem class that I took because it is an upper level class :xf:. I am gonna talk to them next week during my interview and see what they' re going to suggest. Unfortunately USM doesn't offer biochem online, but I will try to look around other school. I only applied to this school becasue the other schools are ridiculously expensive, and I like their program and the school. I hope it Works out for all of us :xf:
I hope it works out too. The good thing is that they give in-state students preference. What kind of Biochem class is it that you took that makes you think it was the wrong one? Also, you can call the Pharmacy school and ask Shelia or Angela about the class. They have always been really helpful to me. I had a question about my social statistics class. I was not sure if it satisfied the prereq cirriculum and it ended up that they accepted that class so maybe they will accept your biochem class:xf:

Vinapharm, how did your interview go? How many applicants were there that day? Were there alot of Ole Miss pre-pharmacy students there? When I attended there were a ton of them. Like the majority of the applicants were Ole Miss students. There had to have been at least 25 of 40 Ole Miss students. I didn't realize there would be so many!!!!:confused: Just wondering if there were that many everytime... Anyway, hope your interview went well!:)

Vinapharm, how did your interview go? How many applicants were there that day? Were there alot of Ole Miss pre-pharmacy students there? When I attended there were a ton of them. Like the majority of the applicants were Ole Miss students. There had to have been at least 25 of 40 Ole Miss students. I didn't realize there would be so many!!!!:confused: Just wondering if there were that many everytime... Anyway, hope your interview went well!:)

My interview went well ( i think ), but...i think i'm screwed, hahaha i thought i only miss 1 class. Turn out---->6 classes!
Well not exactly screwed, Dr.Wilson said if i can find those classes online and finish them in May, then i can still be accepted. I found those classed online actually (cuz only elective classes) and they are 5-weeks classed. However, the tuition is huge (3k-4k for all).....:laugh:man i don't know if it's worth to take those classes? (i think Dr.Wilson said that if i can find those classes, enroll and pass them with a C or above then i'm good since my stats are good for addmission)
So what do you think? Should i take those classes? Or should i wait around for one more interview from Virginia school (this one is not sure if i will get accepted). I think i can't sleep tonight:scared: (well, mainly due to the RedBull i took during my trip back home).

For updated, my interview day had around ~20 ppl (yeah twenty). I heard somebody said there is 115 seats need to be filled. So If the third day, we don't have so many ppl go for interview. You will be admitted for sure (yeah, except if you screwed up on the interview questions).
:( Well, if in case i can't go for Ole Miss this year, i wish you the best luck!

There is Ole Miss Motel on University ave. and only 3 mins to drive to the University.:)
I was 49/ night and the place is clean. I would recommend that. For address, you just need to google "motel nears 38677" then you will see it.

Did you tell him that it was posted on their pharmcas page that they will accept summer classes??
Latest comfirmed from Dr.Wilson, they don't take summer class. PharmCas was wrong!:mad:

My interview went well ( i think ), but...i think i'm screwed, hahaha i thought i only miss 1 class. Turn out---->6 classes!
Well not exactly screwed, Dr.Wilson said if i can find those classes online and finish them in May, then i can still be accepted. I found those classed online actually (cuz only elective classes) and they are 5-weeks classed. However, the tuition is huge (3k-4k for all).....:laugh:man i don't know if it's worth to take those classes? (i think Dr.Wilson said that if i can find those classes, enroll and pass them with a C or above then i'm good since my stats are good for addmission)
So what do you think? Should i take those classes? Or should i wait around for one more interview from Virginia school (this one is not sure if i will get accepted). I think i can't sleep tonight:scared: (well, mainly due to the RedBull i took during my trip back home).

For updated, my interview day had around ~20 ppl (yeah twenty). I heard somebody said there is 115 seats need to be filled. So If the third day, we don't have so many ppl go for interview. You will be admitted for sure (yeah, except if you screwed up on the interview questions).
:( Well, if in case i can't go for Ole Miss this year, i wish you the best luck!
Vinapharm, I think that if your interview went well then you should enroll in those classes ASAP, As far as the 3k-4k for the classes, you can pay for them with student loans and the tuition for Ole Miss is not as expensive as the other schools (even for out of state @ $25,000) so overall the cost of the classes doesn't seem that much if you look at it that way. And expecially if you are doubtful of getting accepted to the Virginia college.
If you analyze it like this you will see you chances of getting accepted to Ole Miss are pretty good: They actually have 115 seats some of them are for Early Entry students ( I think 16 seats this year). So that leaves 99 seats. My interview only had ~40 people. Your session only had ~20, so if every single person from those 2 sessions are admitted then there are still ~40 seats available for the last session. Do you see my reasoning here? The chance of you getting accepted is very high. If it were me, I would enroll unless someone else presents a good argument that you shouldn't. Just my opinion. Wish you the best in whatever you decide!:luck:
Also, it normally costs me at minimum $3600 to take 6 classes anyway. That is 1 semesters worth of classes and 1 semesters worth of tuition so the price seems reasonable:)
If you start those classes in a week or so, then you can take 3 classes one session and 3 classes the next session. That doesnt seem so bad...
ps, you sound like me with the Red Bull, lol

Last edited:
Vinapharm, I think that if your interview went well then you should enroll in those classes ASAP, As far as the 3k-4k for the classes, you can pay for them with student loans and the tuition for Ole Miss is not as expensive as the other schools (even for out of state @ $25,000) so overall the cost of the classes doesn't seem that much if you look at it that way. And expecially if you are doubtful of getting accepted to the Virginia college.
If you analyze it like this you will see you chances of getting accepted to Ole Miss are pretty good: They actually have 115 seats some of them are for Early Entry students ( I think 16 seats this year). So that leaves 99 seats. My interview only had ~40 people. Your session only had ~20, so if every single person from those 2 sessions are admitted then there are still ~40 seats available for the last session. Do you see my reasoning here? The chance of you getting accepted is very high. If it were me, I would enroll unless someone else presents a good argument that you shouldn't. Just my opinion. Wish you the best in whatever you decide!:luck:

Also, it normally costs me at minimum $3600 to take 6 classes anyway. That is 1 semesters worth of classes and 1 semesters worth of tuition so the price seems reasonable:)
If you start those classes in a week or so, then you can take 3 classes one session and 3 classes the next session. That doesnt seem so bad...
ps, you sound like me with the Red Bull, lol

I will be going next week, so I will let you guys know how many people were there. anyway, like futureopt31 said, I would just go ahead and enroll in those classes if I was you. When will those classes that you need to take start? Is it after your interview at Virginia?

Did you guys have to stay there on Saturday all day?

Did you guys have to stay there on Saturday all day?
They split it up as a morning session and an afternoon session. They handed out our interview times at the end of the day on Friday. If you have a morning appointment, you get to leave after the exit interview. If you have an afternoon appointment, you get to sleep late, lol. I had the afternoon session so I didn't have to be at the school until 12pm, which is when the afternoon group took the critical thinking exam. If you are like vinapharm and only have 20 people, they will probably do it in one morning session. Is that how they did it vinapharm?

They split it up as a morning session and an afternoon session. They handed out our interview times at the end of the day on Friday. If you have a morning appointment, you get to leave after the exit interview. If you have an afternoon appointment, you get to sleep late, lol. I had the afternoon session so I didn't have to be at the school until 12pm, which is when the afternoon group took the critical thinking exam. If you are like vinapharm and only have 20 people, they will probably do it in one morning session. Is that how they did it vinapharm?
Yup, all of us do the exam together at 8 am! then split up for the interview!

Sorry guys for bugging you with all these questions. Did ole miss send you an email with an itinerary before your interview. They had promised to do so, but I haven't recieved any email from them yet.

Sorry guys for bugging you with all these questions. Did ole miss send you an email with an itinerary before your interview. They had promised to do so, but I haven't recieved any email from them yet.
No problem! They were supposed send one to me the Friday before my interview but didn't and I called them that Tuesday and they said they were sending them out that afternoon so I would say that if you haven't received it by tomorrow afternoon then call them! (I received mine like right after I called to check on it Tuesday)

No problem! They were supposed send one to me the Friday before my interview but didn't and I called them that Tuesday and they said they were sending them out that afternoon so I would say that if you haven't received it by tomorrow afternoon then call them! (I received mine like right after I called to check on it Tuesday)

Thanks!