Officially the Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aw you guys this thread makes me SOOOO happy!!! Congrats to everyone, especially Mel cuz i haven't gotten to congratulate her yet on her two MD acceptances!! I am patiently waiting for howard, since i know they sent out my decision on Monday and i have the SLOWEST mail ever. Mel what did you think of Howard and GW? I loved Howard and am dying to hear from them, and i will be in DC from Sunday till Tuesday for Georgetown and George Washington. Too bad we missed each other!

Members don't see this ad.

DO Schools:
UNECOM: dancinRN1022
WVSOM: dancinRN1022

MD Schools:
Case Western Reserve: Flake0006
George Washington: Boogsie
Howard: aaj117
Jefferson: Flake0006
Saint Louis University: wutwinb
SUNY- Buffalo: dancinRN1022
SUNY UPSTATE: Flake0006, dancinRN1022
Tufts: aaj117
Tulane: flaahless
UMDNJ-NJMS: QTCL13
University of Michigan: LovelyMD
University of Virginia: Boogsie
Virginia Commonwealth: Boogsie

First HBCU!!! Hehe i'm really really excited but don't have anyone to share it with here because everyone just asks "oh, how is that ranked compared to tufts" and no one understands that I LOVED IT.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO Schools:

MD Schools:

First HBCU!!! Hehe i'm really really excited but don't have anyone to share it with here because everyone just asks "oh, how is that ranked compared to tufts" and no one understands that I LOVED IT.

Congrats aaj!!

Ugh, I hate when people ask me how does X school compare to Y. Like for instance, I really liked both Michigan and Cornell equally, and people always want to know how one compares to the other in rankings, and they somehow get the idea that Michigan is SOO much better than Cornell because it's #10 rather than #15. Or, people want to know why I'm still interviewing at Albert Einstein even though it's ranked lower than Michigan. I mean... REALLY???? A med school is a med school! who cares?! This is so petty. It means NOTHING for my happiness. So I can only imagine the responses you're getting.

sorry, had to have a mini-vent there. :laugh:

haha i've had the same mini-vent in my head all day!! if howard and tufts are my only two, it'lll be a very, very tough choice between the two. Right now, I think Howard is winning, but i just can't be sure. I think i'm letting other people get into my head too. Luckily i have like 7 months to decide haha.

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Louisville: flaahless

Come on UCs!

WOW! Congratulations Boogsie! You are awesome.
Also, on a more general note, i wish i had a cornell interview so i could join the club, i think EVERYONE who posted an MD school acceptance so far has one but me. I will not be left out!

Haha I am still waiting on Cornell as well. Also congrats to everyone. Doesn't it feel good to know that you are going somewhere!!!

Also just interviewed at UPenn yesterday...wow what a school and what a group of applicants...it is gonna be tough to get in there

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

hiya.... Congrats on Howard!!! I completely understand.... I had howard the day after GW and I loved it....but everyone kept asking me...but you wouldn't go there over GW or Upstate would you???? why not?? I mean I looved GW as well...but why do people assume these things??....it was the same with the DO schools.... once I had Md interviews everyone told me not to go to the DO interviews....but I wanted to be a physician and I want to go where I am happy....but now I have to cut back on interviews....my poor bank account!:confused:

and at least in my case it seems like the people making these judgments aren't people who are applying to school this year....its from my family and friends who have no idea how hard this process really is:) but I guess there could be worse things to be worrying about right now....so I am not really that upset about it...but I didn't think other people were getting the same reactions too:)

CONGRATS everyone!!:love:
Mel:)

Also just interviewed at UPenn yesterday...wow what a school and what a group of applicants...it is gonna be tough to get in there

but with your resume' I am sure they must have really liked you!! it's hard but I try not to compare my self to others in an interview...good luck...is that your number one choice?? or do you not have one??

congrats on all of your iinterviews and acceptances!!

but with your resume' I am sure they must have really liked you!! it's hard but I try not to compare my self to others in an interview...good luck...is that your number one choice?? or do you not have one??

congrats on all of your iinterviews and acceptances!!

Number 1 is Pitt but I dunno it sure would be hard to turn down an ok from UPenn after going to the interview

Dude, I just interviewed at Harvard so I definitely know what you mean. All the applicants were kinda ridiculous, and knowing that only ~25% of us will get in made it even more nerve wrecking. I usually try not to compare myself to other applicants, but this time it was just too hard not to.

It would be nice if Penn would invite me to interview though...

EDIT: and now all I can think about is how I could've answered certain questions differently... great, just great.

Dude, I just interviewed at Harvard so I definitely know what you mean. All the applicants were kinda ridiculous, and knowing that only ~25% of us will get in made it even more nerve wrecking. I usually try not to compare myself to other applicants, but this time it was just too hard not to.

It would be nice if Penn would invite me to interview though...

EDIT: and now all I can think about is how I could've answered certain questions differently... great, just great.

I hear you with answering questions differently. In your thank you letter though you can somewhat clarify what you meant if you totally botched something.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm... it's been quiet lately... where is everyone? Hope interviews are going well for everyone... I recently had a hell-ish interview, but I won't let it get to me (but I have to say, if I hadn't already had GREAT interview experiences, I would've been scarred). I'm just about halfway through my interview season and I can't wait for interviews to be over!

hmmm... it's been quiet lately... where is everyone? Hope interviews are going well for everyone... I recently had a hell-ish interview, but I won't let it get to me (but I have to say, if I hadn't already had GREAT interview experiences, I would've been scarred). I'm just about halfway through my interview season and I can't wait for interviews to be over!
I saw that on facebook and was wondering how you were doing, cuz you seemed a little down/wierded out about it. I just came back from DC for georgetown and GW, and now i have 6-8 very long weeks to wait. Should hear from downstate soon, but not overly concerned about that, and won't hear from morehouse till after thanksgiving. I have two interviews left, would be three but i just withdrew from USC because i couldn't afford a plane ticket out there. Good luck to everyone else on here, keep us updated and dont let one or two bad experiences bring you down. remember an important part of the interview process is deciding if YOU like the school, not just convincing them that they like you. Look at yourself, you're awesome, how could they not like you? (that goes to everyone on this thread/in this forum)

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Pittsburgh: Flake0006

I think my interview season might be over after that one. I am really thinking about withdrawing everywhere else.:D Congrats to all the other new acceptances up there.

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Pittsburgh: Flake0006, wutwinb

Pitt is definitely one of my top choice schools. Maybe I will see you there next August, Flake0006!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

Pitt is definitely one of my top choice schools. Maybe I will see you there next August, Flake0006!
aww congrats i'm so happy for you! I've been rooting for you all year because i feel like we are so similar-- we went to similar schools, have similar numbers, we're both on the mixed thread, haha seeing your success always made me feel more confident. I hope i follow in your penn/cornell interview invite footsteps!

Hopefully so...I am almost definitely going. (99.9% sure) I hope you decide to go as well. Congrats

aww congrats i'm so happy for you! I've been rooting for you all year because i feel like we are so similar-- we went to similar schools, have similar numbers, we're both on the mixed thread, haha seeing your success always made me feel more confident. I hope i follow in your penn/cornell interview invite footsteps!

thank you so much for all the encouragement and support! i am super excited about the Pitt acceptance :) :) :)

and congrats on your 2 acceptances! it's so nice to have some this early. it DOES seem like we are very similar :laugh: i hope you continue to get interviews and acceptances to your top choice schools!

I just wanted to say CONGRATS to everyone who has an acceptance! That is so fantastic, you must feel that heavy weight taken off your shoulders at least a little bit. Reading about your success is making me feel a little better about my upcoming interviews. I'm scared but you guys are giving me hope with your successful acceptances.

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Temple: wutwinb

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

CONGRATS Flake and wutwin!! I've been rooting for you guys to get into Pittsburgh (and because I'm a dork, I actually checked that Pitt thread to see if you guys got in :laugh:).

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Jefferson: Flake0006, QTCL13

CONGRATS Flake and wutwin!! I've been rooting for you guys to get into Pittsburgh (and because I'm a dork, I actually checked that Pitt thread to see if you guys got in :laugh:).

Haha..awesome thanks a lot...it is good feeling to get support from everyone...and I am sure I will be congratulating you on your upcoming new acceptances soon!!!:)

hey.

its soo funny because I do the same thing... I always check to see if the people who post on this board are getting into schools or are we getting interviews???

congrats flake, wutwin, and QTC and aaj if I didn't say congrats on howard!!

it looks like everyone is doing so well...this is so exciting!!

and good luck to those are are interviewing!! this list is going to grow soooo much!!!

aaj didu like GW?? I looved it sooo much??

Congrats guys and also good luck.
I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best at my interviews:wow:

FINALLY!!!! Phew....

Congrats guys and also good luck.
I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best at my interviews:wow:

FINALLY!!!! Phew....

YAY! Congrats on your Hopkins invite! I was just there yesterday and it's a great place. I'm counting down the days until I'm supposed to hear from them (in December).

thanks so much!

and thank you too, dancinRN!

hey.

aaj didu like GW?? I looved it sooo much??

Haha the funny thing is that i liked GW a lot, but i also loved Georgetown. Its funny because they are SO different, like really almost opposites, but i really enjoyed both environments. 7-8 weeks.... i'm very anxious. Georgetown might just be my new top choice.

Hey I hope you all get your top choices. I am so happy I did,yay!!! I don't know though I just withdrew from nine schools and got sick to my stomach. Anyone else feel like it just seems to early to start making decisions? I thought I was going to be the one waiting until May 15th.

Hey I hope you all get your top choices. I am so happy I did,yay!!! I don't know though I just withdrew from nine schools and got sick to my stomach. Anyone else feel like it just seems to early to start making decisions? I thought I was going to be the one waiting until May 15th.

I know the feeling. It is tough to let go of other schools (I'm still hanging on to one that I know I should withdraw from... possibly two schools even). But I know it's the right thing to do to let go of schools that I know I wouldn't attend over Michigan, and open up interview slots for other applicants who might be dying to get into those schools. It's still tough though.

I'm such an indecisive person - I don't know how I'm going to handle choosing between schools if I get even ONE more acceptance!

did you withdrawal from the 9 schools before or after you interviewed? i'm definitely withdrawing from schools that I wouldn't go to over Pitt, but I've heard its advantageous to keep your application active at schools until you hear a decision. This is because you might be able to negotiate better a financial aid package if a school knows you are holding multiple acceptances at top schools.

did you withdrawal from the 9 schools before or after you interviewed? i'm definitely withdrawing from schools that I wouldn't go to over Pitt, but I've heard its advantageous to keep your application active at schools until you hear a decision. This is because you might be able to negotiate better a financial aid package if a school knows you are holding multiple acceptances at top schools.

I'm curious about this as well. I have withdrawn from one school post-interview already, but I'm still hanging on to a few others for that very reason, and I don't really know whether I should be doing this. I don't know what the likelihood is that these schools I'm holding on to would give me a good fin aid package that I could use to negotiate. I'm wondering if I should just withdraw.

I'm curious about this as well. I have withdrawn from one school post-interview already, but I'm still hanging on to a few others for that very reason, and I don't really know whether I should be doing this. I don't know what the likelihood is that these schools I'm holding on to would give me a good fin aid package that I could use to negotiate. I'm wondering if I should just withdraw.

I mean if you interviewed there already or did your research you could probably gauge which schools are more generous and make a few of your decisions based on that. I know there are some schools that make it a point not to offer scholarships and this info is common knowledge among med school advisors or current med students. It could be one way of deciding I guess

I withdrew from 9 before interviews...where did you hear that from?I have never heard that and would like to look into it. I accepted an offer from two schools (Pitt and Case) and am pondering about sending anything to the other two (Jefferson and Upstate). Any advice.

I withdrew from 9 before interviews...where did you hear that from?I have never heard that and would like to look into it. I accepted an offer from two schools (Pitt and Case) and am pondering about sending anything to the other two (Jefferson and Upstate). Any advice.

i just heard about this financial aid negotiation from many of my friends who applied last year. At some point in the process (in May i think) all schools can see which schools have accepted you. Some of my friends were able to get more scholarships/grants from their first choice schools by saying something like " i really want to go to your school, but XX school is offering me more money. can you help me anymore?"

I did the same thing when I was applying for undergraduate schools. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I am just going to hold onto acceptances at schools that I would really want to go to, and then haggle with the financial aid office when the time comes.

Thats a good idea...I'll prob only hold onto one other acceptance though.

DO Schools:
UMDNJ-SOM: FutureDrO

MD Schools:

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

congrats futuredro! it's good to see more DO schools on here, i was worried people didn't seem to be posting those although i know some people heard from them earlier and should have some good ones to post

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Illinois-Chicago: League54

congrats to you all! i'm a new poster and just wanted to give a shout out to the folks in here. i also wonder if anyone's interviewed/heard from UMD? it's kind of my top choice. i interviewed on 10/15 and have been on the edge of my seat ever since. does anyone know about UMD interview to decision (preferably ACCEPTANCE) turn-around?

Thanks aaj117! And congratulations on your acceptances too!

dcMDiva: Maryland is my top choice too....yet, i've been stupid and haven't even submitted my secondary (truly stupid laziness). However, I'm doing that today, and hopefully I won't be too screwed. Good luck!!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Illinois-Chicago: League54,smiley2012

Hey there league54, we might have seen each other during the interview! Were you there for the first interview day? I'm definitely going to UIC. Congrats to all the happy pre-meds!!! And good luck to the rest:)

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Illinois-Chicago: League54,smiley2012, ccain1

Hey there league54, we might have seen each other during the interview! Were you there for the first interview day? I'm definitely going to UIC. Congrats to all the happy pre-meds!!! And good luck to the rest:)

Hi Smiley
I interviewed on Oct 11th, (I was the tall guy). Did you interview in September? Congrats, and I'll probly see you next fall!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
George Washington: Boogsie, dancinRN1022
University of Illinois-Chicago: League54,smiley2012, ccain1

I loooooved this school....WF and GW were my top choices!!! and since wake waitlisted me I think GW it is!!! I had nooo idea I would love GW the way I did!!!! oooohh I hope I can afford to live in Washington DC!!! GW was such a great fit for me!!!

hhmmmm I don't think I am going to go tulane and NY med interviews!!!...but I will go to downstate since it is back in BK and I can visit my grandmother!

good luck to everyone and the new acceptances! ccain futureDr O, smiley and league!!!

YAAAAAAAAAY:love::love::love::love::love::love: