Officially the Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaj117

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our very own Acceptance thread!
i know this is a few days early, and won't be used a lot for a few months, but to be honest i like most of the people in this thread a lot more than the main pre-allo forum, and care more about where and when you guys are accepted than the members who have been trying to make us question ourselves. So, I thought we could have our own little acceptance thread on here for DO and MD schools, and anyone else that wants to be included for all you pre-vet, pre-dent, pre-pharm people out there to share in each other's victories. I know some of you guys have already been accepted to DO programs and MDs start next week, so let's get to the celebrating!

Members don't see this ad.

Man, I'm so nervous. I wish next week was already here so I could hopefully get some acceptance calls/letters.

Man, I'm so nervous. I wish next week was already here so I could hopefully get some acceptance calls/letters.
meee too. hence this thread. Where have you interviewed so far that starts letting you know next week? I am hoping to hear from Tufts, Howard, and Downstate by the end of Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^ Vanderbilt, Tulane and the University of Louisville. UCSD will let me know October 30th

hiya!!!

ooh I can't stand this excitement!!:) I think I will know whether or not I was accepted into Buffalo, and Upstate next week... and I will know Wake Forest's answer the following week!!! this is soooo exciting and nerve racking!!!

oooh but can I add my DO acceptances???

dancinRN1022- UNECOM, WVSOM (West Virginia)

Good luck everyone!!! and its a great idea starting this thread A.....it was nice meeting you at Morehouse!!! I wish I had a chance to chat with you after the interviews were over!

Mel:)

yeah i wanted to but i didn't know where we were supposed to go afterwards and where the other students ended up...did you go back to the room after your interview? there were people i didn't recognize talking in there so i got nervous, then this woman called admissions for me and asked and they said i could go, lol so i called my friend and he came and picked me up. i loved it, whatd you think? and good luck next week!!

I am splitting these up DO and MD just for organizational purposes, not because i think that either is less important or amazing, because we're all going to be doctors, and hot diverse amazing ones at that!

If people want to write the dates of their acceptances, and even the dates of their interview, that's fine too. I'm just putting in list form the little info we have. you know the drill on how to add, same as the main pre-med forums.

DO Schools:
UNECOM: dancinRN1022
WVSOM: dancinRN1022

MD Schools:

Daayyummm! I just checked my U of Louisville status page and it says:

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file and a letter has been sent to you in the mail notifying you of this decision. No final decisions will be given out over the phone."

Man, I'm so nervous. I know I won't be able to sleep this weekend. :eek::scared:

Daayyummm! I just checked my U of Louisville status page and it says:

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file and a letter has been sent to you in the mail notifying you of this decision. No final decisions will be given out over the phone."

Man, I'm so nervous. I know I won't be able to sleep this weekend. :eek::scared:

Oh, good luck! I can't believe we might be officially on the way to becoming doctors on Monday, crazy!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Michigan: LovelyMD

I'm mad I'm yelling "Hey guys I got into Michigan!!" and everyone's like "yeah, yeah, we already knew you were getting in." :laugh:

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

I'm mad I'm yelling "Hey guys I got into Michigan!!" and everyone's like "yeah, yeah, we already knew you were getting in." :laugh:

hahahahha CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYAAAY...we knew you would get in too...but you can still yell:) :)

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

CONGRATS!!! U guys are awesome! Everyone has been behind you...even us "thread readers" who never post...

Members don't see this ad :)
DO Schools:

MD Schools:

Congrats! I am sure this is the first of many to come :).

LovelyMD, is UM your #1? Also congrats!

LovelyMD, is UM your #1? Also congrats!

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I don't really have a #1 at this point. I'm waiting until I interview at all the schools to pick a #1, but Michigan was definitely impressive. Unfortunately, I will not hear from most of my other top choices until March. :( That's okay though, I'm just happy knowing I will be in med school somewhere next year.

Unfortunately, I will not hear from most of my other top choices until March.

What schools did you apply to? I am sure you have a good shot at those "top" schools if you where able to get into UM.

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I don't really have a #1 at this point. I'm waiting until I interview at all the schools to pick a #1, but Michigan was definitely impressive. Unfortunately, I will not hear from most of my other top choices until March. :( That's okay though, I'm just happy knowing I will be in med school somewhere next year.
Congrats!! I honestly can't believe that someone as awesome as you was humble enough to have doubt's about that! But I hope the rest of your acceptances come rolling in, whether it's now or in March, so you can go to that #1 whenever you choose it. I am going craaaaaaazy today, even though i'm pretty sure i won't hear anything until tomorrow from tufts and howard sends out snail mail today so the earliest i'd get that would be wednesday. but i am so excited to see that my two favorite SDN girls (lovely and dancinRN) already know they are going to be doctors. And dancinrn, thanks for the post on the non-trads thread, i am officially never going to try to encourage anyone outside of this forum again. i can't wait till i get to post on this thread for the right reason!!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Tufts: aaj117

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! i didn't have to wait as long as i thought i would in that last post, huh? SO EXCITED I"M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! i didn't have to wait as long as i thought i would in that last post, huh? SO EXCITED I"M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!

CONGRATS AAJ!!! Yup, looks like you didn't have to wait long after all - Welcome to the club!! and to think that back when you started, you were unsure if schools would look at you!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

Way to go yall! Yall are amazing. Keep doing what you do. :thumbup:

DO Schools:

MD Schools:

Congratulations to all of you. I am really happy for you. Great job!!

thanks for all of the congrats everyone!! hey is anyone in philly and want to celebrate??

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Saint Louis University: wutwinb

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
University of Michigan: LovelyMD[/quote]
SUNY UPSTATE: Flake0006
Case Western Reserve: Flake0006

Surprised and ecstatic

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Saint Louis University:
wutwinb

NICE!! It's only day 1 for regular decision MD acceptances, and already 5 acceptances so far! good job!

Congrats, thats my #2 (if I get in). How was the interview?

It was one of the best I had. I interviewed with one of the four deans. He was an awesome guy and was really relaxed. All of the other interviewees said they liked their interviewers as well. It is overall a fun day. Like the campus and surrounding area as well.

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
UMDNJ-NJMS: QTCL13

NICE!! It's only day 1 for regular decision MD acceptances, and already 5 acceptances so far! good job!

Congratulations!!! :love:

I'm so excited for you all... and honestly, slightly jealous. :p

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Jefferson: Flake0006

wow flake, you're amazing!!! three already?!?! what's your secret?

Vanderbilt was unable to access my letters through Virtual Evals. Bummer, I was hoping to hear from them this week.

wow flake, you're amazing!!! three already?!?! what's your secret?

I applied to a lot of schools because of my dad. I originally only had 12 and he bumped it up to 31. Its weird I totally wasn't expecting to hear from schools that I heard from...haha I had hope, I guess dreams do come true lol

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
George Washington: Boogsie
University of Virginia: Boogsie
Virginia Commonwealth: Boogsie

Thanks for starting this thread! The atmosphere on SDN is definitely not always nice, but its nice to share info and get support from total strangers that actually care once in a while.

Thanks again!

Thanks for starting this thread! The atmosphere on SDN is definitely not always nice, but its nice to share info and get support from total strangers that actually care once in a while.

Thanks again!

Congrats on your 3 acceptances so far. I just has a few questions. What are you studying in grad school right now. Was it your choice to get a masters before the MD? Have any of your interviewers so far ask you about your research, since you 5 publications and all. Do you have a top choice so far? Good luck with the Emory interview and sorry for all the questions.

OK, I'm just going to do a list:

-I'm studying chemistry
-I was interested in medicine before graduate school, but I really loved chemistry research, so I decided to get a PhD
-Every single interviewer asked me to explain my path to medical school and my research!
-I have some preferences, but it really depends on the finical aid situation. I'm really HOPING to get a scholarship, but medical school is expensive for everyone so, who knows?

Good luck with everything. I think my graduate school experience and enthusiasm for research really made the difference. I worked really hard on my personal statement in order to "sell" myself in a certain way--PhD to MD to academic medicine, because I did not want them to think I just wanted to add letters on my name for show!

Best tip: work really hard on the PS and secondaries. I've actually been complimented on my writing in those. I revised each secondary at least five times, and I think it had payed off.

Good luck! I hope my answers helped you out. Feel free to ask as many as you want.

Thanks for the advice. I am kinda behind everyone else but I am finishing up a couple secondaries now. Good luck with your [SIZE=-1]dissertation defense (if you haven't done that yet) and whatnot. I actually been doing research in a lab for 2.5 years and my PI and grad mentor are trying to convince me to get a PhD. I was contemplating a master w/ MD because I do enjoy research, but I dont know yet.
[/SIZE]

WOW! Congratulations Boogsie! You are awesome.
Also, on a more general note, i wish i had a cornell interview so i could join the club, i think EVERYONE who posted an MD school acceptance so far has one but me. I will not be left out!

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
Tulane: flaahless

I've been screaming an yelling all day, i'm so out of breath but it feels so good!

congratulations!!! ahhhh it's so good to see all of the people i'm actually rooting for succeeding!!

I'll trade Cornell interview for an acceptance. I just got waitlisted at Hopkins:(

I forgot my manners, Congrats to everyone!

I'll trade Cornell interview for an acceptance. I just got waitlisted at Hopkins:(

Bummer :( sorry to hear that. I hear that a good chunk of the class comes from the waitlist though, so not all is lost! I will be interviewing there next week, so I will likely be asking you about it soon, if you don't mind.

Oh, and congratulations Flake0006, flaahless, and Boogsie!!

Zippa-- Why don't you apply for an MD/PhD program? You definitely have a lot of research (probably more than most people that apply for it). This is only if you are interested in academic medicine, if not do the MS/PhD program. You would be great for it! Good Luck!

aaj117--I love all your posts!! Good luck, even though I don't think you need it at all.

Bummer :( sorry to hear that. I hear that a good chunk of the class comes from the waitlist though, so not all is lost! I will be interviewing there next week, so I will likely be asking you about it soon, if you don't mind.

Oh, and congratulations Flake0006, flaahless, and Boogsie!!
Thank you man! I love this sub-forum, so much love and respect here. Good luck everyone, I'm praying for yall. :thumbup:

DO Schools:

MD Schools:
SUNY- Buffalo: dancinRN1022
SUNY UPSTATE: Flake0006, dancinRN1022
Tulane: flaahless

hiya!!!

WOW!!!! congratulations everyone.... do you know its only the first week and I think everyone has an acceptance!!!! WOW we are all going to be doctors!!!! I was in Washington DC since Monday.... I was interviewing at GW and Howard and I come back home to such great news!!!! I am sooo happy for everyone!!!! YAAAAY aaj, wutwin and lovely...I am happy for everyone but we have been giving each other support since May or June:)...

AAJ I will argue with ppl anytime I think they are being jerks and un fair... I hope you are now sooo proud and will gladly boast about your int/acceptances you earned them!!!

Lovely--- I hope you put your md apps back under your avatar...you have worked soo hard and deserve everything you are getting...i think your great MCAT score helps alot of ppl!!!

Dreams really do come true!!!! I feel soo blessed!!

I can't wait to see how long this list is going to be!!!!

Congrats again everyone!!

Mel:)