~Official USC Class of 2010 Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
uklover08 said:
hey there all im still waiting ot hear back from SC, hopefully the class doesnt fill up but i was curious what all ur guys' stats were the people who got in on friday so i can gauge how low i am on the wait list

thanks all and congrats on getting, hopefully ill be there w/ u guys in the fall

hey uk lover, you should go to predents.com and choose USC option and there are proflies of all applicants that applied, interviewed and were accepted...

personally, I have a 3.3 Overall GPA 3.2 Sci GPA, 4.0 Grad School GPA, tonns of volunteer work, shadowing expereince, and scored 19/20/20/22 AA/TS/PA/RC on the DAT.....but check out predents.com for more......good luck! if i can do it, you can do it!

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone - just wondering if anyone has purchased a parking permit yet - i'm online right now trying to figure out which lot to choose, but they are either already sold out or adjacent to a housing complex... since these options don't seem like they're gonna work out, i just wonder if it's safe to park at the parking center and take a shuttle, or if parking at the shrine auditorium is safe at night... if anyone has any insight, please holler at me

thanks!

im hoping to ride my scooter to school so i wont have to buy a parking permit or deal with any of that stuff...but then on rainny days im screwed! who knows...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey you guyz!!!
I can't wait until we start in august! Is anyone planning to live in hollywood area?

Future DDS said:
hey you guyz!!!
I can't wait until we start in august! Is anyone planning to live in hollywood area?

im hoping to be downtown but i might end up in the hollywood area

Future DDS said:
hey you guyz!!!

I'm looking into the Hollywood area.

i went to undergrad there the parking center is fine to take a tram to campus, it just sucks at night bc its on the other side of the 110, but if you can try to get parking at lot B or any other lot on campus, theres a lot across from leavey library im not sure what its called, but if all else fails you can park on the st. or pay for shrine parking the only downside of the shrine is they make u park on the st. or an alternative lot when theres awards shows. i parked there last spring and it worked out fine bc i usually found st. parking when i had to move

jillmatic said:
hey everyone - just wondering if anyone has purchased a parking permit yet - i'm online right now trying to figure out which lot to choose, but they are either already sold out or adjacent to a housing complex... since these options don't seem like they're gonna work out, i just wonder if it's safe to park at the parking center and take a shuttle, or if parking at the shrine auditorium is safe at night... if anyone has any insight, please holler at me

thanks!

You wanted a PSB parking pass, but they sold out in about 2 hours. Some people in my class parked at the shrine or the parking center but they got tired of taking the shuttle every day, especially when you have a lot of lab stuff to carry around. Occasionally some people will try and sell their PSB permit during the first or second trimester or for some reason or another Transportation services offers them again during the year. If you bought one for the first trimester, it automatically renews until the next summer so everybody scramble to get PSB permits right when they come out.

stryder said:
those of you who were accepted on Friday... my e-mail said something about them sending more information out on Monday. Has anyone received this info yet or know what exactly it is?

I got the packet today. It's the acceptance letter and an Applicant Certification Form. When I paid my deposit over the phone, Eva told me that the packets about housing, financial aid, etc are sent out after you've paid your deposit.

hello all,

i am wondering if anyone knows if USC requires us to buy a certain laptop? im looking to purchase a new laptop for school......

McGill Graduate said:
hello all,

i am wondering if anyone knows if USC requires us to buy a certain laptop? im looking to purchase a new laptop for school......

good question. i know some schools have it included in tuition but im guessing usc (most expensive school ofcourse) makes us get it separately.

anyone know the answer?

No certain laptop reqd. And you're right, this is USC, of course it's not included. It's pretty much get what you want.

DATRAT said:
No certain laptop reqd. And you're right, this is USC, of course it's not included. It's pretty much get what you want.

Sweet, thanks for the info DATRAT!

.....Im getting sooo excited for school to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

Members don't see this ad :)
You were most helpful, now get back to doing that stats study guide

my last night living in germany :(

tommorrow i gotta come home and actually think about real life and loans and stuff....BLAH!

tschuss

xylashellx said:
my last night living in germany :(

tommorrow i gotta come home and actually think about real life and loans and stuff....BLAH!

tschuss

......Oh Germany, it is also a second home to me, :) I have 2 uncles that live there (Munchen and Waldshut) one of which is a dentist! Youre going to miss the world cup if you leave now! :(

McGill Graduate said:
......Oh Germany, it is also a second home to me, :) I have 2 uncles that live there (Munchen and Waldshut) one of which is a dentist! Youre going to miss the world cup if you leave now! :(

yup missing the world cup...damn that 3 month working visa! and there are games here in cologne too! oh well i will have a party at my house and nobody else will even care.

xylashellx said:
yup missing the world cup...damn that 3 month working visa! and there are games here in cologne too! oh well i will have a party at my house and nobody else will even care.

i'll come to your world cup party! PROST!

blumnday99 said:
You wanted a PSB parking pass, but they sold out in about 2 hours. Some people in my class parked at the shrine or the parking center but they got tired of taking the shuttle every day, especially when you have a lot of lab stuff to carry around. Occasionally some people will try and sell their PSB permit during the first or second trimester or for some reason or another Transportation services offers them again during the year. If you bought one for the first trimester, it automatically renews until the next summer so everybody scramble to get PSB permits right when they come out.

cool - thanks for the reply. i think i'll probably wind up getting a pass at the shrine - do you know if they also sell out relatively quickly? i'm coming from the west LA area, so i will definitely need a pass.

cool beans! for those coming from hollywood, do you guys want to carpool together?
Also, did anyone receive the financial aid package today? How come there's summer session of $20,000+ included ? Is there mandatory school for summer?

Future DDS said:
cool beans! for those coming from hollywood, do you guys want to carpool together?
Also, did anyone receive the financial aid package today? How come there's summer session of $20,000+ included ? Is there mandatory school for summer?

i still need to look at all of my mail from the last 3 months...just trying to get on california time again.

Hey guys Could all you please share your stats?

Teef

teefRcool said:
Hey guys Could all you please share your stats?

Teef

go to predents.com (hopefully everyone has updated their profiles there)

jillmatic said:
cool - thanks for the reply. i think i'll probably wind up getting a pass at the shrine - do you know if they also sell out relatively quickly? i'm coming from the west LA area, so i will definitely need a pass.

Not too sure about the shrine, but I think that is where a lot of people that didn't get the PSB permit are either there or at the parking center.

Future DDS said:

Sorry to give you the bad news, but you do have mandatory summer school and it's going to be the hardest trimester of your first year. You'll have 23 hours of lab a week in addition to your cases and rotations. I think I've been averaging about 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night and have to come in some weekends to finish up labwork.

sounds like fun... heres my thinking. At UOP they go to school year round and finish in three years. At USC we're gonna go basically year round but they want us to stay 4 years to get that extra 50 grand. woo hoo

Hey.....does anyone know the exact date we are expected to be at USC for orientation? On the info package I just got, it said we are expected to be there the last 2 weeks of August...but when exactly?

Also, im confused about the DAT requirement, havnt we already done this? I dont have to resend my scores I wrote last summer do i?

Thanks for the help.....

Audrey

McGill Graduate said:
Hey.....does anyone know the exact date we are expected to be at USC for orientation? On the info package I just got, it said we are expected to be there the last 2 weeks of August...but when exactly?

Also, im confused about the DAT requirement, havnt we already done this? I dont have to resend my scores I wrote last summer do i?

Thanks for the help.....

Audrey

August 21st is the first day of orientation.

stryder said:

Anyone know how long the orientation will run each day.. and around what time will we be free?

btw has anyone found their future home yet??

Mysteree said:
Anyone know how long the orientation will run each day.. and around what time will we be free?

btw has anyone found their future home yet??

You should expect to be there until about 3 or 4 every day. I've got the schedule from last year, but the PDF files are too big for SDN. If anybody wants them send me a MSG with your e-mail addy.

Also....what Do You Wear During Orientation???? Anyone Know???? IS IT CASUAL WEAR OR FORMAL?????

NF81 said:
Also....what Do You Wear During Orientation???? Anyone Know???? IS IT CASUAL WEAR OR FORMAL?????

The first day you're supposed to wear a t-shirt from your undergrad college. After that I think it's business casual "professional" attire or scrubs.

blumnday99 said:
The first day you're supposed to wear a t-shirt from your undergrad college. After that I think it's business casual "professional" attire or scrubs.

Are you serious???

blumnday99 said:

I like bus casual..it'll be fun to dress nicely, since we'll be in scrubs after that..btw is there a particular color of scrubs that we'll be wearing..or can we wear any color.

DATRAT said:
I thought we could wear boardshorts and flip flops to USC...

You've got to be joking, right! :p

How is everyone doing with their teeth collecting? How are you getting all 300 or so teeth?

Mysteree said:
I like bus casual..it'll be fun to dress nicely, since we'll be in scrubs after that..btw is there a particular color of scrubs that we'll be wearing..or can we wear any color.

There are certain scrubs that you have to wear. They are part of your freshman issue. They're the basic light blue color, but they have the USC logo with Class of 2010 on it.

DATRAT said:
How is everyone doing with their teeth collecting? How are you getting all 300 or so teeth?

my pops...hes a dentist :D

but go to any oral surgeon and bring them a jar with bleach in it and they will have no problem putting their "trash" in a jar and making it your "treasure".

xylashellx said:
my pops...hes a dentist :D

but go to any oral surgeon and bring them a jar with bleach in it and they will have no problem putting their "trash" in a jar and making it your "treasure".

But don't forget to dilute the bleach 10:1 with water.

blumnday99 said:

yah forgot to mention that...otherwise you get teeth that are as brittle as a candy cane

blumnday99 said:

1:10
1 part bleach to 10 parts water

Anyone had any luck w/ finding an apartment yet?

Mysteree said:
Anyone had any luck w/ finding an apartment yet?

No luck here. Everything within walking distance seems to be taken. Anybody have a place near SC and want to split rent??

stryder said:

i'll bump that bump...

hi everybody...just got my physical for school yesterday. i think its great how we can all bond on the fact that we had to get a doctors finger in our butts, a million blood tests, shots, etc. my doctor is literally laughing at all the crap he had to do and saying how intense of a physical USC requires. gotta go get my tb test read tomorrow...weeeeeeeeeeee

xylashellx said:
i'll bump that bump...

hi everybody...just got my physical for school yesterday. i think its great how we can all bond on the fact that we had to get a doctors finger in our butts, a million blood tests, shots, etc. my doctor is literally laughing at all the crap he had to do and saying how intense of a physical USC requires. gotta go get my tb test read tomorrow...weeeeeeeeeeee

hahahaha yeah! i did my hep. b immun., but they want specific kinda test, so i have to redo :thumbdown:.