***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get the call but just got accepted by email!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
#4 midwestern Arizona via portal change

#5 Pitt with a 10k yearly scholarship !!!!

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT ACCECPTED!!!! Acceptance #2. Adea portal says "offer made". I got an email and a missed phone call :)

Accepted With 5k yearly scholarship!!

Accepted! Interviewed November 20. OOS: Michigan. Received my call 11:02 EST.

im OOS and got both correspondences, first a call from the dean around 830 am about my acceptance and getting the deans scholarship...$45k/ yr.?!?, then quite a few emails to follow...

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!!!! Did you fill out the scholarship essay?
Thanks! And no, I didn't. Mine isn't due until February because I interviewed later. I think the scholarship is based on academic merit alone.

Waitlisted, but 100% sure I will be attending my state school instead. Good luck to you guys on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students that did the Dean's Summer research program describe their experience with it?

Can any current students that did the Dean's Summer research program describe their experience with it?

One of my friends did this program this past summer. She wrote the following for you:

“Each of our experiences over the summer was very different. There were about 15 of us and will likely be more next summer as they are trying to grow the program. They didnt always take into account our preferences for project topics so some people got projects that were first or second on their list and others were given topics that weren’t even on their list, but we mostly all enjoyed our projects. My project and mentor were very chill and I could sort of make my own hours, but I know some others were much more strict in that way. We all came together once weekly for a journal club and each had to present one paper along with giving an update on our research. We have to make a poster for the poster session in May but I don’t think anyone has actually done it yet. Overall good experience!“

Is there a fb group yet??!!

Reactions: 1 user
What is considered a passing grade for Pitt? I know B is expected but most schools, as long as a C- or higher is received in a prereq, then it counts. Is it the same there? I tried asking and they kind of just sent back something vague that did not answer the question.

Edit: to clarify, I already got accepted and had suggested I may retake the course I got a C in.... and the email says the offer is contingent on listed courses. I already fulfilled this requirement so I was asking the school if I was required to re take it

Last edited:
What is considered a passing grade for Pitt? I know B is expected but most schools, as long as a C- or higher is received in a prereq, then it counts. Is it the same there? I tried asking and they kind of just sent back something vague that did not answer the question.

Edit: to clarify, I already got accepted and had suggested I may retake the course I got a C in.... and the email says the offer is contingent on listed courses. I already fulfilled this requirement so I was asking the school if I was required to re take it
If an email didn’t yield the info you wanted, I would just call and explain your situation and get the info that way.

Just put down my deposit! Does anyone know if they're going to the second look event?

Accepted with 5k scholarship per year. Love Pitt! But I will go to my state school for sure. So hopefully it will open seat for someone else. Good luck!

Does anybody know when we'll hear back about scholarships if you interviewed in Nov/Dec/Jan? i know the deadline is Feb 1.

There is an application for them. I don't know if that is what you meant by deadline or not but I figured I would reply in case you were not aware. The application should have been emailed to you after your interview and attached with your acceptance packet.

Yeah I know about that part. I was wondering if you know when we'll hear back about scholarships because the deadline is Feb 1st and the first deposit is in Jan and the 2nd one is in March. Like will we hear about scholarships before putting down the 2nd deposit or after?

I am not 100% on that. I would think they would let us know before 2nd deposit.

Does anyone know how Pitt goes about handling post-December interviews? I've been application complete since end of June and am wondering if I should give up any hope for this school lol

Where do most people go to look for apartments/roommates?

Where do most people go to look for apartments/roommates?

So the two neighborhoods within walking distance of the dental school are south and north oakland. I highly recommend north oakland (where Ill be looking for places for an apartment). Shadyside and Squirell Hill are super nice but you'll have to take a bus, which can be a pain because there are a ton of students who use them to get to Pitt's main campus. South Oakland is where the majority of undergrads live, and is also a solid option as well, but imo North Oakland is much more conducive to a grad student, it's quieter and closer to the dental school. I am also starting to look for roommates for next year (Male IS, Pitt Undergrad), definitely want to start sooner than later if you've committed!

So the two neighborhoods within walking distance of the dental school are south and north oakland. I highly recommend north oakland (where Ill be looking for places for an apartment). Shadyside and Squirell Hill are super nice but you'll have to take a bus, which can be a pain because there are a ton of students who use them to get to Pitt's main campus. South Oakland is where the majority of undergrads live, and is also a solid option as well, but imo North Oakland is much more conducive to a grad student, it's quieter and closer to the dental school. I am also starting to look for roommates for next year (Male IS, Pitt Undergrad), definitely want to start sooner than later if you've committed!

It looks like Shadyside seems to be one of the more popular areas. I'm female OOS and interested in finding roommates to share an apartment with if anyone on here is also looking!

It looks like Shadyside seems to be one of the more popular areas. I'm female OOS and interested in finding roommates to share an apartment with if anyone on here is also looking!
Bus lines run right down 5th Avenue from Shadyside (probably 7min bus ride to D school). Very nice apartments (shopping close to Walnut street), and fairly safe.

Has anyone who live out of state done the FBI fingerprint credentialing yet? I figured it was just a typically background check with SS number and such but now realize you have to actually get fingerprinted and says for OOS people we need to contact them for a fingerprint card. Can anyone please explain this process in more detail to ease this process for me?

Last edited:
Any updates on whether Pittsburgh will send out January invites soon or if anyone has received a Post-December invite?

When do classes start? Mid-August?
I think the white coat ceremony is August 27th and I believe that's our first day of class, not 100% though. They said we have an orientation mid-august, then a week off, then classes begin the following week.

Anybody get the email stating that they are deciding if they are going to have more interviews? And does anybody know how full the class is?

Last edited:
Anybody get the email stating that they are deciding if they are going to have more interviews? And does anybody know how full the class is?
I got this email as well! It mentioned that we will hear back in mid March by the earliest too

Just interviewed today, and they told us we would hear mid-March.

For those who applied for the summer research program. Does anyone know when we’ll hear back? Or have people aredeay heard back?

For those who applied for the summer research program. Does anyone know when we’ll hear back? Or have people aredeay heard back?

I've heard as early as March, I applied for it back in December and haven't heard anything yet.

If anyone is thinking about wanting to try for a 2-3 bedroom deal, send me a pm! 23, male.

Anyone have any recommendations for the scrubs? Should I spend the extra $10 per pair to get the more 'comfy' ones, or are the basic Cherokee (the ones on the embroidery website) fine?

Hey guys! Im a current D1 looking for a female student to take over my lease next year (starting June 1st). It is a 2 bedroom apartment (the other roommate is also a fellow D1) in Oakland, so just a 10 minute walk from the school. Message me if you are interested!

Accepted off the waitlist!! Just got the call!!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.