***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied 7-28 and had my supplementals in 8-2
AA 19
OCHEM 21
GCHEM 19
READING 18
BIO 17
MATH 19
PAT 19
TS 18
GPA of 3.5
Had about 120 shadowing hours. 1800 work hours at my job. 300 volunteer hours. Just got involved with research on campus.
Any idea or input?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
D1 @ Pitt here.

Congrats to all who got interviews. To those who haven't heard back yet, don't lose hope. Some of my best friends got accepted in the Spring. We've got a while to go.

Feel free to ask me anything, guys. I love this program a ton, so I will do absolutely everything I can to answer your questions about the school and life here.
Any preference to Pitt kids? Or do they not take that into account?

Any preference to Pitt kids? Or do they not take that into account?

There are lots of Pitt kids in my class. I can't speak for admissions because I am not on their committee, but there is definitely a strong representation of Pitt undergrad. students.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are lots of Pitt kids in my class. I can't speak for admissions because I am not on their committee, but there is definitely a strong representation of Pitt undergrad. students.
How many do you think in your class?

Interview #2

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/17
Secondary complete date: 6/24/17
Application recieved date: 7/21/17

CA resident

DAT: 24AA, 22TS, 24PAT || 21 BIO 26GC 23OC 25QR 26RC

GPA: 3.66 cGPA, 3.60 sGPA

I applied 7-28 and had my supplementals in 8-2
AA 19
OCHEM 21
GCHEM 19
READING 18
BIO 17
MATH 19
PAT 19
TS 18
GPA of 3.5
Had about 120 shadowing hours. 1800 work hours at my job. 300 volunteer hours. Just got involved with research on campus. Also I attend University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown.

Any idea or input?
Your GPA is fine, but you might have to retake your DAT. Did they send you an email about that? Your 17 is below their cutoff.
They do have preference for Pitt students/people from Pittsburgh, they usually give Pitt students with lower stats interviews in Jan. You can message me if you want to know more. (I'm also a Pitt student H2P!!)

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is fine, but you might have to retake your DAT. Did they send you an email about that? Your 17 is below their cutoff.
They do have preference for Pitt students/people from Pittsburgh, they usually give Pitt students with lower stats interviews in Jan. You can message me if you want to know more. (I'm also a Pitt student H2P!!)
I'm not sure if this applies to their 17 Bio score, but I have a 17 in QR and I called them and they said that is perfectly fine and I will be considered for admission.

I'm not sure if this applies to their 17 Bio score, but I have a 17 in QR and I called them and they said that is perfectly fine and I will be considered for admission.
Who did you talk to? Maybe that's right, but I was told by admissions that they will not consider sub-18 scores on any section.

So the last email I received from Pitt was July 12 and it said not to contact their office but it has been more than 2 months now and I've heard nothing should I email or call them?

Who did you talk to? Maybe that's right, but I was told by admissions that they will not consider sub-18 scores on any section.
Their website just says nothing below a 17 and must have a 19 AA

So the last email I received from Pitt was July 12 and it said not to contact their office but it has been more than 2 months now and I've heard nothing should I email or call them?
same situation

People with Interview did you status change to under review ever?
Ive been at application complete since July

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on how the interview was? 1 on 1 vs group?

yeah I'm wondering the same
There are 3 one on one interviews (modified multiple mini interviews). You talk 15 minutes each with first two interviewers, and have a lunch with third interviewer (30min).

Reactions: 4 users
There are 3 one on one interviews (modified multiple mini interviews). You talk 15 minutes each with first two interviewers, and have a lunch with third interviewer (30min).
Thank you! Any tough questions? Open file?

It was extremely laid back IMO

Reactions: 3 users
Pitt has really strict cut-offs, so if you have below a 3.2GPA or below 17 on any section of the DAT its an automatic rejection. Other than that I don't think they're giving out rejections yet.
I have a 16 in my QR section and was offered an interview for 10/9 or 10/16 so I don't think that is necessarily true

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have a 17 in my QR section and was offered an interview for 10/9 or 10/16 so I don't think that is necessarily true
The cut off is below 17. A 17 is ok I think. I'm just reiterating what I was told by admissions.

The cut off is below 17. A 17 is ok I think. I'm just reiterating what I was told by admissions.

Oops sorry I actually meant 16!!!
My DAT scores AA=21 TS=22 PAT=20 RC=19 and QR=16

oGPA: 3.59 sGPA:3.51

I'm OOS: GA but used to live in Pa (idk if that's a factor)

I emailed them in December asking if I should apply bc I knew I had 16 QR and had read they didn't accept any scores below 17. This was their response.

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine!

Actually, because our Admissions Committee understands that the Quantitative Reasoning section is the last on the test, it is the one section they will allow for a score of 16.

Best,

cid:image001.gif@01D24F0E.1B4D1A60

Office of Admissions

Does anyone know how far interviews are scheduled up to at this point? Sill possible for a pre December interview?

Does anyone know how far interviews are scheduled up to at this point? Sill possible for a pre December interview?
It has been scheduled atleast up to October 30th so I think there should be some November interviews left

Hi guys, I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about where to stay for a night? Also if there are any Pitt students out there willing to host an interviewee for a night then please let me know! :horns:

They usually send out batches of interviews every Monday and it seems they didn't sent out a batch yesterday... I'm really hoping that doesn't mean all of the pre-December interviews are already scheduled :dead:

They usually send out batches of interviews every Monday and it seems they didn't sent out a batch yesterday... I'm really hoping that doesn't mean all of the pre-December interviews are already scheduled :dead:
How do you they didn't send some out yesterday?

Hi guys, I have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about where to stay for a night? Also if there are any Pitt students out there willing to host an interviewee for a night then please let me know! :horns:

Can't host but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Depending on the day, I may even be able to show you around.

Interview #1!!!! I was too busy celebrating I'm a bit late :)
School: U Pitt
Notification date: 9/25
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
Application complete date: 8/1 (including supp/fees)
GPA (science, overall) 3.58 sGPA/ 3.62 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/19/none

Oops sorry I actually meant 16!!!
My DAT scores AA=21 TS=22 PAT=20 RC=19 and QR=16

oGPA: 3.59 sGPA:3.51

I'm OOS: GA but used to live in Pa (idk if that's a factor)
when did you submit your application and get an email for an interview?

Last edited:
when did you submit your application and get an email for an interview?

My application was complete 7/29. I was notified 9/25 and offered an interview for 10/9 or 10/16

Got an interview invite today for Nov. 20th!! OOS

Also got an OOS interview invite here a couple days ago. Very excited! See you all Nov. 20th!

This may interest some of you. I have started a blog where I write ~1 post per week talking about life as a dental student here and some of the things we've experienced thus far.

This blog has zero ads (I pay the web hosting fees out of pocket) and its sole purpose is to show my experience as a dental student here.

If any of you are interested, please message me and I'll share the link (I'm not allowed to share it here as that would be considered violating SDN terms of service).

Reactions: 6 users
I
This may interest some of you. I have started a blog where I write ~1 post per week talking about life as a dental student here and some of the things we've experienced thus far.

This blog has zero ads (I pay the web hosting fees out of pocket) and its solo purpose is to show my experience as a dental student here.

If any of you are interested, please message me and I'll share the link (I'm not allowed to share it here as that would be considered violating SDN terms of service).

I am interested!

Finally! Interview #2!

Interview date: November 13th
There are still at least two pre-December dates available!

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got an invite today and I submitted in October! Hopefully I get the November 13th date as well!

Hey y'all just a reminder if you interviewed in September or October the scholarship application is due today. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.