Official Touro Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone know how long touro takes to give decisions for January interviewees?
I think it varies. I was contacted the very next day.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would like to receive an interview invite from this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today. 12pm MST. Interviewed 1/25. Has anyone who interviewed been rejected?

Wait listed today. Interviewed 1/18. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejecting acceptance, hopefully someone gets it asap! Good luck !!!

I'm also waitlisted and I'm wondering if anyone knows how their waitlist works? I know they said they re-review applicants but is it ranked or anything? And when can we expect moment, is it more likely in April or any time?

Congrats to all of my potential classmates!

Hey guys, I have been recently accepted to TOURO and LECOM. I don't know what to do. What I think is the most important is clinical experience. What do you guys know about touro's clinical experience?

Hey guys, I have been recently accepted to TOURO and LECOM. I don't know what to do. What I think is the most important is clinical experience. What do you guys know about touro's clinical experience?

Since Touro only has first year students, it is going to be very difficult to get any information on clinic as it has not even begun yet haha..I don't think the clinic is even finished yet as It was not shown to us on our tour.

Last edited:

The clinic will be up and running soon! I learned that the clinical work will play a major part into our education.

(I turned down LECOM for Touro) :)

I haven't gotten accepted or waitlisted. I'm so worried now! I really hope this doesn't mean a rejection. Is anyone else in this situation? Also, for the people who have been accepted, how long do you have to put down your deposit?

I haven't gotten accepted or waitlisted. I'm so worried now! I really hope this doesn't mean a rejection. Is anyone else in this situation? Also, for the people who have been accepted, how long do you have to put down your deposit?

I believe you only have 15 days after February 1st

When did you interview?

I'm in the same boat as you, I interviewed 1/18... haven't heard a peep...

Curious what you guys think about how schools perceive people with multiple acceptances vs. people who unfortunately do not have any? During an interview, I never initiate talk about how many interviews I've been on / how many acceptances I have, but often times I am asked about this. I interviewed here on 1/11 and was recently waitlisted. I thought the interview was flawless. The interviewer asked me about my interviews/acceptances this cycle and when I told him I've been accepted into X schools, I'm not sure if this makes me look in demand and desirable or if schools are more prone to giving an acceptance to an applicant who has 1 or no acceptances? What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Curious what you guys think about how schools perceive people with multiple acceptances vs. people who unfortunately do not have any? During an interview, I never initiate talk about how many interviews I've been on / how many acceptances I have, but often times I am asked about this. I interviewed here on 1/11 and was recently waitlisted. I thought the interview was flawless. The interviewer asked me about my interviews/acceptances this cycle and when I told him I've been accepted into X schools, I'm not sure if this makes me look in demand and desirable or if schools are more prone to giving an acceptance to an applicant who has 1 or no acceptances? What do you guys think?

Did you state that you would choose touro over your other options?

I never stated this, nor was I asked if I would choose Touro over another program, but I think that by attending an interview (esp. after receiving acceptances), it shows interest.

I never stated this, nor was I asked if I would choose Touro over another program, but I think that by attending an interview (esp. after receiving acceptances), it shows interest.

Very true but touro being a new school results in a lot of turnover and im sure they are trying to fill their class with as close to gurantees as they can. I was asked about my acceptances as well and saying i did not have any seemed to really spur their interest and I was pretty much accepted right on the spot.

I have had other acceptances and mentioned them during my interview when I was asked.

Anyone know the Fafsa code for Touro Dental. I am only seeing the campus in the city.

I just called them and they told me that a decision hasn't been made on my file yet which is why I haven't heard back. He also told me that they're waiting for people's deposits before they send out more acceptances. Fingers crossed!! I hope we get in.

I just called them and they told me that a decision hasn't been made on my file yet which is why I haven't heard back. He also told me that they're waiting for people's deposits before they send out more acceptances. Fingers crossed!! I hope we get in.
Is the fact that a decision hasn't been made good or bad because I haven't heard back yet either :(

Is the fact that a decision hasn't been made good or bad because I haven't heard back yet either :(
Either or Neither... It's good because it's not a rejection so there's hope. It's bad because it's driving you crazy.

They are probably waiting for people who have offers to accept or decline which is why you guys haven't heard back! Don't worry though it will just take a little bit of patience :) You guys got this!

I wonder if Touro actually will still interview?? After they hear back from students they have given offers to?

I actually asked him that and he said not to worry. It just means that they haven't had the chance to further review our applications. He said as soon as a decision is made, they would let us know.

Hey guys. I had an interview scheduled for Feb 15, which i was told is the last day of interviews. Decided to go to a different school as i thought spending so much money on a dental education at a brand new school would be risky. But with that being said, i am wishing you all luck, and hopefully a deserving student will receive my interview spot

For anyone that has recently interviewed have they said approx how long it will take to get back to you with an answer? I am still waiting to hear back but I guess the fact that interviews are coming to an end means we will start hearing back