Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @Cigar @UNMedGa @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!

1505312920-20170913%20(1).png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MAJOR PET PEEVE:

When my daughter poops after I swap the clean diaper under her

When people say "percent" when they mean "percentage point"

Reactions: 1 user
MAJOR PET PEEVE:

When my daughter poops after I swap the clean diaper under her

When people say "percent" when they mean "percentage point"

lmao. Welcome to fatherhood. Wait until you change her diaper in the middle of the night and she projectile ****s on the wall.

lmao. Welcome to fatherhood. Wait until you change her diaper in the middle of the night and she projectile ****s on the wall.
SHE DID THAT!!! Unfortunately the "wall" was my computer tower since that's where the changing table sits.

Also FreakWife7 had a quadruple shooter last night while I was making dinner. I have never felt so lucky to be stuck in the kitchen cooking.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SHE DID THAT!!! Unfortunately the "wall" was my computer tower since that's where the changing table sits.

Also FreakWife7 had a quadruple shooter last night while I was making dinner. I have never felt so lucky to be stuck in the kitchen cooking.

Ahhhh, the joys of being a new parent. So glad my kids are out of that phase.

Ahhhh, the joys of being a new parent. So glad my kids are out of that phase.
What really sucks is when the poops are still so oily that they won't soak into the diaper right away so you're stuck pulling FEMA duty on your changing table.

Nursing so far. Switching to the bottle soon, but it should all be breastmilk unless she can't produce enough.

Nursing so far. Switching to the bottle soon, but it should all be breastmilk unless she can't produce enough.

Is she going back to work? Honestly, my wife and I found that nursing was just easier than bottles even with breast milk. Cleaning bottles all day gets old really fast.

If she keeps up her pumping regularly and you don't get her pregnant again, she shouldn't have a problem making enough milk.

Is she going back to work? Honestly, my wife and I found that nursing was just easier than bottles even with breast milk. Cleaning bottles all day gets old really fast.

If she keeps up her pumping regularly and you don't get her pregnant again, she shouldn't have a problem making enough milk.
She's going back to work in a couple months. I'm going to be the stay-at-home dad (I want a year with my kid before school plus she makes way more money) so it'll be bottles for me.

After pushing back the MCAT twice because of unseen life circumstances, I've finally started studying for it with the intention of taking it in January. And while it's going well so far, it's definitely daunting hahaha. Strangely enough, I'm actually finding the CARS section to be my favorite, I've done pretty well on most of the practice passages I've done so far.

For those of you who have taken the MCAT, what section did you think was the hardest? What was your favorite section?

After pushing back the MCAT twice because of unseen life circumstances, I've finally started studying for it with the intention of taking it in January. And while it's going well so far, it's definitely daunting hahaha. Strangely enough, I'm actually finding the CARS section to be my favorite, I've done pretty well on most of the practice passages I've done so far.

For those of you who have taken the MCAT, what section did you think was the hardest? What was your favorite section?
agreed. CARS was my favorite. chem/phys was my least fave but i tended to do well on it haha.

only mildly entertaining. more so only bc im sitting in a philosophy/cogsci class right now...

upload_2017-9-19_12-5-59.png

Haha. Interestingly, because of inflationary theory and the infinite nature of our universe, it is guaranteed that there exist infinite observable universes just like ours in which there are individuals just like us laughing at this same comic--and trying to figure out which one is the real one.

I also found CARS to be my favorite. I've always enjoyed critical thinking and I've always done well in tests that present information that you need to interpret. I disliked the Pysch/Soc section the least by far and thats the section I scored the worst on. I guess I didn't like it because of the raw memorization it seemed like it required which I'm not a big fan of.

Good luck though, I hear a lot of schools weigh the CARS section the heaviest, but I don't know how much truth that holds, maybe someone else can elaborate on that a little more?

I also found CARS to be my favorite. I've always enjoyed critical thinking and I've always done well in tests that present information that you need to interpret. I disliked the Pysch/Soc section the least by far and thats the section I scored the worst on. I guess I didn't like it because of the raw memorization it seemed like it required which I'm not a big fan of.

Good luck though, I hear a lot of schools weigh the CARS section the heaviest, but I don't know how much truth that holds, maybe someone else can elaborate on that a little more?

Having taken the MCAT , none of it is memory intensive besides the amino acid residues and random equations. I felt like the Pysch section was just testing evaluation of scientific methods with some pysch terms thrown in. It was very similar to the skills needed for verbal but in terms of study design etc.

Cars is fun, because after taking a practice test you dont have to go back and try to re-learn a concept or something. Pysch was fun because you needed to know how pick apart scientific studies and design. Bio /Chem /Physics were always a bit of a grind for me.

I feel like I'm never on here anymore. School has gotten so busy. We had our first block exams this week and it's been INSANE. Haha, like 850 ppt slides covered in 5 weeks of biochemistry

Reactions: 4 users
On a scale of one to me rn how drunk are you after block 1 med schools exams d!