Official Osteopathic College/University Rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ximedus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's the list my mother gave me finally. It was submitted to US News and World Report for publishing.

"The following are the rankings* for all accredited Osteopathic Medical Schools** as of 2013. Non-tiered/Temporarily-accredited colleges were not included in the list."

1. Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
4. Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
5. Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
6. Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
7. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - PA
8. Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
9. A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
10. Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine
11. NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
12. Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
13. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - PA
14. Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York
15. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - FL
16. A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
17. University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
18. Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
19. Western University of Health Sciences - CA
20. Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada
21. Western University of Health Sciences - OR
22. Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California
23. Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
24. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
25. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - GA
26. Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine
27. Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
28. University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

Non-tiered Colleges:
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Middletown (Preliminary Accreditation)
University of the Incarnate Word College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Larkin College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)

*Rankings were based on composite-score-algorithm which included GPA, MCAT scores, Attrition Rate, Research contribution, Residency allocation pre/post.
**Student Academic performances were only included based on meeting voluntary student survey threshold via SSAPR 2009 version.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IN before what could possibly be one of the largest thread debates in pre-osteo SDN history.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And Larkin and UIW aren't even real yet. Just ideas that could never see the light of day.

How is it possible to rank residency allocation? What if one year a large portion of the class just wanted to to FM because that's what they wanted to do?

They should of taken into consideration the quality of each school's rotation. I think rotations are one of things that really sets DO schools apart.

Your troll level, it's over 9000.

who is the mother?

are the last 2 schools open?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is RVU so low? I thought it was nice with decent rotations. TUCOM is lower than TUNCOM?

What are the criteria for these rankings? I would like to see how they decided this.

the pungent smell of buffalo crap in the air is dizzying. Rowan is #3?? Western is 19 and yet AT Kirksville is 9. Whoever made this list must be a proctologist because it was certainly pulled out of someone's ass

Why is RVU so low? I thought it was nice with decent rotations. TUCOM is lower than TUNCOM?

What are the criteria for these rankings? I would like to see how they decided this.

*Rankings were based on composite-score-algorithm which included GPA, MCAT scores, Attrition Rate, Research contribution, Residency allocation pre/post.
**Student Academic performances were only included based on meeting voluntary student survey threshold via SSAPR 2009 version.

It's Lily

I hate you.

Oh durr. Thanks. Can't read, I guess. Haha.

Alright, here's the list my mother gave me finally. It was submitted to US News and World Report for publishing.

"The following are the rankings* for all accredited Osteopathic Medical Schools** as of 2013. Non-tiered/Temporarily-accredited colleges were not included in the list."

1. Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
3. Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
4. Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
5. Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
6. Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
7. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - PA
8. Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
9. A.T. Still University, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
10. Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine
11. NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
12. Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
13. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - PA
14. Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - New York
15. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - FL
16. A.T. Still University, School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
17. University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
18. Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
19. Western University of Health Sciences - CA
20. Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - Nevada
21. Western University of Health Sciences - OR
22. Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine - California
23. Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
24. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
25. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine - GA
26. Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine
27. Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
28. University of Pikeville-Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine

Non-tiered Colleges:
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Middletown (Preliminary Accreditation)
University of the Incarnate Word College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)
Larkin College of Osteopathic Medicine (Preliminary Accreditation)

wait, who is your mother?

Well according to XMNWR (Ximesus' Mom's News and World Report) my new school is crap. And, as we all know, XMNWR is pretty much what determines whether we get a residency or not, so I might as well just give up and go to MBA school if I ever want to be employed.

Reactions: 7 users
I agree somewhat with the top 10. Western, ranking number 21, is too low. I'd put into the top 10 and bump out KCOM.

Reactions: 1 users
LMU still has Preliminary Accreditation? What's up with that?
Since it looks like the data is from 2009 (if everything is really true...) and LMU-DCOM's first graduating class was 2011, it probably wasn't included in the ranking.

Last edited:
Why would there be such a difference between CCOM and AZCOM? They're pretty much the same school.

Same for Western. CA and OR are just different CAMPUSES (aka shouldn't even be separate derp).

in-before-lock.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Why would there be such a difference between CCOM and AZCOM? They're pretty much the same school.

Same for Western. CA and OR are just different CAMPUSES (aka shouldn't even be separate derp).
Well the two western campuses currently share their stats until the new Lebanon campus gets its accreditation. So they basically average their official stats which is why Pomona's campus Mcat average "dropped" to 28 a few years ago when it used to be 30 (Pomona's is still around 30). The Lebanon campus is new and its matriculant stats are lower than Pomona's, definitely not two ranking spots away from each other. Each of these schools dont officially have their own stats making this "official list" officially debunked.

This has so much potential guys.

I think 4 and 5 should be switched. Instead of 9, 10, 11 it should be NYIT, Oklahoma, KCUMB, then KCOM.

Yup. I have nothing to back up my opinions, but I don't think OP does either

Why do you think that CCOM and AZCOM are pretty much the same school?

This has so much potential guys.

I think 4 and 5 should be switched. Instead of 9, 10, 11 it should be NYIT, Oklahoma, KCUMB, then KCOM.

Yup. I have nothing to back up my opinions, but I don't think OP does either
I'm sure if you look at it cross eyed you can see a good list too. Like a Magic Eye

Reactions: 1 users

There is a case to be made based on different rotation sites and the fact that 75% of classes are televised from pomona.

Even if the list is real, US News and World Reports have always been controversial. I've seen controversy even from Internal Medicine residency rankings.

CCOM has much better rotations from what I've heard. Probably a combination of they've been around longer and are located near multiple large hospitals.
There is a case to be made based on different rotation sites and the fact that 75% of classes are televised from pomona.

Well if OP is to be believed (which he isn't because he's trollin hard), rotation sites weren't even taken into account:

Rankings were based on composite-score-algorithm which included GPA, MCAT scores, Attrition Rate, Research contribution, Residency allocation pre/post.

Why do you think that CCOM and AZCOM are pretty much the same school?

I was tipped off by the fact that they're both colleges of Midwestern University and indeed share a website. I think you'll agree that while there may be differences, #6 vs #18 seems like a stretch. Not to mention they have similar stats and rotations weren't taken into account by OP's lovely mom.

Oh man, I don't know what to do. The school I was accepted to is near the bottom of that list. Should I withdraw and reapply next cycle?

I better make a new thread about DO school rankings.

Reactions: 5 users
Well if OP is to be believed (which he isn't because he's trollin hard), rotation sites weren't even taken into account:

Rankings were based on composite-score-algorithm which included GPA, MCAT scores, Attrition Rate, Research contribution, Residency allocation pre/post.

I was tipped off by the fact that they're both colleges of Midwestern University and indeed share a website. I think you'll agree that while there may be differences, #6 vs #18 seems like a stretch. Not to mention they have similar stats and rotations weren't taken into account by OP's lovely mom.

I agree that 6 and 18 are way off but I would definitely consider CCOM closer to top 5 and AZCOM as top 10. I think its hard to give an exact rank number for each school but I think most people agree what the top DO schools are even if they aren't in any particular order.

I would put Nova at #2, but I agree with this ranking overall!

Due to the recent merger, does anyone think there will be accurate rankings coming? Since MD schools are ranked all the time.

Due to the recent merger, does anyone think there will be accurate rankings coming? Since MD schools are ranked all the time.
Ehh those rankings are for research and primary care only anyway. There are some DO schools on the top rankings for primary care if that means anything.

Ok everyone once and for all here is the offcial DO school ranking. my momma agrees and she will be publishing it on her blog, so you know it's legit:

1. The school you're matriculating at
2. The other schools that also accepted you
3. The schools that offered you an interview but you withdrew from
4. The schools that waitlisted you
5. The schools that rejected you
6. The schools you didn't even bother applying to
7. Liberty

*youre an idiot if you think there are any official rankings of DO schools
**these official rankings like all the others were pulled out of someones ass

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
My school is top 5, therefore these rankings are legit.