Official Match Results 2008!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGirlie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, lets go ahead and sticky this now!!!! With all this talk and having already certified my list daaaaaaaaaaayyyyyssssss ago, I'm ready to get this process over with. Just post where you are going if you care to share. . . who knows, come March 20th some of us on the board might learn that we'll be together for the next 4 years!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

So I notice that other forums are/have doing this. OBgirlie, wanna start a facebook page for us closer to match day?

So I notice that other forums are/have doing this. OBgirlie, wanna start a facebook page for us closer to match day?

That sounds really cool. Plus, we can see our future residents. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes!!! I LOVE facebook. I vow to be 100 and still posting new photo albums. Any name suggestions? I think I'll make the group after rank order lists are submitted, that way if any crazy pictures exists of our future colleagues on facebook it won't affect your status :)

On that note, our residents (yours truely included) have banded together and all created facebook accounts, and gone as far as making a mock society dedicated to our favorite attending (a GYN/ONC) with t-shirts, etc. etc. etc.

The funny thing is the overwhelming response from our spouses (as well as the 24 year old intern) who collectively call us the "oldest" group of teenagers around since most of us caught on to Facebook in our late 20's/early 30's.

At any rate, I think its a great idea for you guys to get to know one another and put a face behind the names after the ROL is in!

Good luck everyone!

Just out of curiosity, I was just wondering about the culture of OB/GYN match and to what extent do applicants and programs "pseudo-commit" to each other before match day. I know it's rampant (and arguably against the 'spirit' of the match) in some fields while other fields are very strict about the minimal contact policy.

Any thoughts? MATCH DAY IS ALMOST UPON US! Aahhh! :confused:

Hello,

Does anyone know if programs have a later deadline to submit their ROL? I heard they had until March 1.

Thanks

what should the name of our facebook group be?

what should the name of our facebook group be?
not sure...but something with the words OBGYN Residents and Class of 2008 should be cool.

StuDocs OB/GYN: The cool docs!

That is the name of the facebook group. Copy, paste, search, and join. Its generic so folks can keep joining each year.

I know bumping is bad, but come on, its the match thread! 1st person to post here on Thursday gets a cookie!

University of Tennessee, Memphis.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know already? or did u scramble? or is that an impolite question?

He or she may only ranked one problem~ I think.

I was scramble-rific, is the answer.

USF for me!!! (I only ranked one program)

Guess I'm the first to post here getting results from the email..

Matched at St. Johns in Detroit, MI #1 choice.

Matched at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, MI... MY #1 Choice!! :)

Congrats everyone and best wishes to those who are still waiting!

Penn!!! My number one rank :D

Christiana, also #1. YAY!!!

I'm post call, so off to bed. Excitement is tempered by being exhausted.

Christiana, also #1. YAY!!!

I'm post call, so off to bed. Excitement is tempered by being exhausted.

I've heard so many wonderful things about this program....I'll be there this fall for a rotation! Guess I'll see you there. CONGRATS!!!:)

Case - UH. Anxious to hear who else is starting with me. :)

Orlando Regional - my #1!!!
So excited!!!

Cedars Sinai Medical Center!!!! Congrats to us all!!!

Mercy In chicago!!! Anyone else??

Orlando Regional!!!!! I am so excited and so relieved. :D

I've heard so many wonderful things about this program....I'll be there this fall for a rotation! Guess I'll see you there. CONGRATS!!!:)

I'll be easy to identify... my name is actually Xandie. :) Look forward to meeting you!

Akron General!

#1 TriHealth!!!

When do programs start contacting us?

When do programs start contacting us?

Check your email or voicemail. I received a call from my soon to be PD but I was at my match festivities so he left a msg.

Check your email or voicemail. I received a call from my soon to be PD but I was at my match festivities so he left a msg.

Nothing yet. Hmm. . .getting worried!! J/K.

Pegsie I am at Case-UH as well!

Scott and White - Texas A&M. I finally know!

THE Ohio State University!!! My #1!!!

UT-Southwestern (Parkland), my #1! Now, it's relaxing until July! :cool:

Univ of Kentucky :)

Headed to my top choice...Indiana University! Congratulations to everyone :D

I'll be at University of Rochester - Strong Memorial. My #2! I'm just glad that we can all move on now. Congrats.