Official KCOM class of 2012 thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sitting at work, the weather is unseasonably cool and I am counting down the days until I get to go on a bit of a vacation to mark the half way point of my full time work stint to make some money for school. I have been meandering around the forums reading a variety of things and it's getting me VERY excited to head back to school. Moving far away to the middle of nowhere, alone, kind of scary, but it's a good kind of scary! Is anyone moving to Kville soon to begin their big adventure and settle in? I wish I could've found a job there and worked there over the summer, but I'll just have to wait for a few more months!
Just thought I'd blab and see if anyone else is getting VERY ready to MOVE ON!:D

Oh yeah. I'm ready.

I won't be moving in until Aug. 13th since I have student housing. I wish I could be there earlier, but I'll make do.

Don't worry about living in the middle of nowhere, it'll be awesome! I actually feel like I'm kind of moving to the big city- population wise, Kirksville will be the biggest place I've lived in yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah. I'm ready.

I won't be moving in until Aug. 13th since I have student housing. I wish I could be there earlier, but I'll make do.

Don't worry about living in the middle of nowhere, it'll be awesome! I actually feel like I'm kind of moving to the big city- population wise, Kirksville will be the biggest place I've lived in yet.

GEEZ! that is insane. I think it will be just fine. I am excited and I think it will deter me from wanting to eat out and waste money, since I shouldn't really be doing much of either. I am also moving into student housing and hope to arrive early the first day we can move in so EVERYTHING is done by the time orientation starts. Here's hoping!!

I am also moving into student housing and hope to arrive early the first day we can move in so EVERYTHING is done by the time orientation starts. Here's hoping!!

I plan on getting into Kirksville early on Aug. 13th to move in.

Who else knows that they have student housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone check their KCOM email lately? We got the list of supplies that they are giving us and i am so excited! I already looked them all up online and really can not wait to get them!

Anyone check their KCOM email lately? We got the list of supplies that they are giving us and i am so excited! I already looked them all up online and really can not wait to get them!

Yeah I got that letter. Wow we get all of our equipment in a cool doctors bag. They really take care of their students there.:D

Wow thats good stuff too!!! I looked it up.

They really take care of their students there.

Your tuition and fees more than likely is paying for it. Well, I think they say that 70% covers it. So, they take care of you in a roundabout way.

What did they get?

Your tuition and fees more than likely is paying for it. Well, I think they say that 70% covers it. So, they take care of you in a roundabout way.

What did they get?

LOL...Well they saved me the trouble of shopping for the equipment at least. They are giving us Doctor's bags at the WCC(or sometime during orientation) with stethoscope, diagnostic kit(welsch allyn) and some other stuff. It did say we were being charged a fee for it, it is a little cheaper this way though. After pricing the equipment on that list it was close to $2000. I guess if anything it is a good gesture.

Hey everyone! I've been reading this thread since I got waitlisted the beginning of April. I can't wait to go back to school!! I really wish they'd call... Does anyone have any idea of the status of the waitlist?? I emailed admissions a couple weeks ago and her response was essentially
'there wasn't as much movement as we expected" I just love KCOM and can't wait!! :D

Were you waitlisted or accepted for the 2009 year with a possibility of starting this year. If you were accepted, they'll be coming out with a new compiled list this week and should be able to tell you where you fall in that list. I'm in the same boat and it's driving me nuts not knowing how to proceed with planning the rest of my year.

Hey everyone! I've been reading this thread since I got waitlisted the beginning of April. I can't wait to go back to school!! I really wish they'd call... Does anyone have any idea of the status of the waitlist?? I emailed admissions a couple weeks ago and her response was essentially
'there wasn't as much movement as we expected" I just love KCOM and can't wait!! :D

I got the "you've been accepted this year pending a seat otherwise next year" letter. I thought it was going to be less stressful knowing that I am going, either this year or next, but this is almost worse...almost...at least I got in next year for sure!!

Anyone getting into Kirksville early? I'll be moving in June 24th and I'd love to hang out with some of my future classmates since I will probably be bored out my mind by about day 3. :thumbup:

I live in Kirksville now! Shoot me a message sometime!

Anyone getting into Kirksville early? I'll be moving in June 24th and I'd love to hang out with some of my future classmates since I will probably be bored out my mind by about day 3. :thumbup:

I move in July 28th, earlier if my house sells before then. We definitely need to hang out, you too Dadandpredoinmo<--(hope I typed that right).

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome, I'll shoot you guys a message when I get out there!

You guys are lucky to be able to move in early!

Has anyone heard anything yet about how to submit immunization records?

You guys are lucky to be able to move in early!

Has anyone heard anything yet about how to submit immunization records?

Nah. I just know it's on my to do list. I think we just send it to the admissions office. I think.:confused:

Recently finished my house, and am more than willing to host a few pre-WCC BBQ's. I also have GTA4, Halo 3, and Mass Effect for XBOX 360. Sound fun?

I'm looking for a roommate for next year. I have a 2 bedroom apt with lots of space and:

washer and dryer
garage
7 min drive to school
large gourmet kitchen
back year and deck

RENTS CHEAP too! and its brand spanking new construction. Its beautiful!

let me know if you're interested! email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

thanks! :p

hello! i've been off the threads for a few weeks, but am now back to reality of work and with that, procrastination! Does anyone know when we owe money for tuition. Do we literally just cut them a big cheque the first day of school for tuition, fees etc. I just want to make sure I'll have the variety of loans in the bank prior to when we have to give them all our life savings and then some!!
for those who are in kirksville now, how are you enjoying it??

If you are doing financial aid through school, they will disperse all of the money to the school, and KCOM will then give you the money back, minus tuition and expenses. It is finally nice out here, I actually got a burn two days ago!

I'm going to be looking for an apartment in kirksville to move into in august. anyone have suggestions of places to look at? i talked to an apartment locater that i'm going to meet up with at the end of june to look at some places but any suggestions would be great.

also, i'll be moving from texas so i'm trying to take the least amount of furniture with me. therefore i'll be looking to buy some used furniture from other people. is it usually pretty easy to find people selling stuff? if anyone knows of someone who's selling their furniture please let me know and maybe i could meet up with them when i go up there!

Thanks!

I was talking to a guy from the class ahead of us and he says you should try to find someone to share your microscope rental with. There are groups 1-8 and then 9-16, if you are in one group you want to share with the opposite (I hope that makes sense). Has anyone heard anything about these "group" or what society we are in? I think I have my school emails being forwarded to my normal email, but just want to make sure I am not missing something!

almost two months til move in!!! have to move my family home of 20 years in a couple weeks, so after that this move with seem like a breeze!!

I was talking to a guy from the class ahead of us and he says you should try to find someone to share your microscope rental with. There are groups 1-8 and then 9-16, if you are in one group you want to share with the opposite (I hope that makes sense). Has anyone heard anything about these "group" or what society we are in? I think I have my school emails being forwarded to my normal email, but just want to make sure I am not missing something!

almost two months til move in!!! have to move my family home of 20 years in a couple weeks, so after that this move with seem like a breeze!!

I believe we find out what society we are in near the beginning of orientation.

I read someone post about that (can't remember if it was here or facebook) but then the last point on the contract said absolutely no sharing. So, that made me want to rule that out.

Anyone know exactly how the white coat ceremony works? If we have family or a close friend that is a D.O., will they be able to "coat" us?

I don't think anyone in my class had the 'school insurance', so I wouldn't lose sleep about them offering it. Most people just found their own plans through ehealthinsurance.com or whatever service they found first.

Hello fellow KCOMers

I will be attending KCOM in the fall and am looking for a roommate or two. I would like to live near campus and prefer a non-smoker without animals. Send me a message if you are interested!

I do not have a place lined up yet but will be going to Kirksville in early July to find something.

Hey guys, I'm in. Got the call today!! I'll see you all in K-ville in August!!! can't wait!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

Hey guys, I'm in. Got the call today!! I'll see you all in K-ville in August!!! can't wait!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

Congrads, See you in less then two months. It will be here before we know it. See you in August!!

congrats! just over a month away... anxiety has officially kicked in!

Too bad the dinner for the class is 7/31... I don't know about you guys, but it's not like I'm in a hurry to quit my job and move there 2 to 3 weeks before class starts. That's to bad... I'd like to attend.

Another topic, what has everyone else done for their microscope... rented, purchased?

Also, has anyone else received their financial aid award letters?

It's funny how classes start and not a single post here...

Please chastise me for posting when I should be studying... :D