**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks blackthought. My mistake I thought you didn't get an INTERVIEW. Yep applied to 13! And stats are above avg :) all the best to you this cycle, fellow Canadian!

Members don't see this ad.

all these interview updates from NOVA for OOS people kinda makes me regret not applying...

Members don't see this ad :)
School: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Notification date: July 24, 2013
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: MS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.95, Overall 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/21/none

looks like this year, the average GPA for people accepted is going to be 3.7+ and average DAT 25+.

guess I'm reapplying next year :D

School: Nova Southeastern University
Notification date: 7/24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/5
Application complete date: 7/19 via phone call (how nice!)
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/21/28/none

1st invite and 1st choice!
Good Luck everyone! ^.^

School: University of Connecticut

Notification date: July 23, 2013

Method of notification: email

Residency: MA

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28

Application complete date: 6/05

GPA (science, overall): Science 3.60, Overall 3.67

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/24/23/none

School: Nova
Notification date: July 24
Residency: OOS; Louisiana
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5
Application complete date: July 19
GPA (science, overall): (4.0 , 4.0)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/no

Wow I am surprised there are no interview invites today...:thumbdown:thumbdown

Wow I am surprised there are no interview invites today...:thumbdown:thumbdown

School: Baylor
Notification Date: 7/25/13
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas (IS)
TMDSAS Complete: 5/20
Application Mailout: 5/21
GPA (S/O): 3.88/3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 26/25/22/23

congrats on the Baylor invite.

Has anyone from second batch gotten a UK interview yet? Also, has anyone heard anything from Iowa besides that you paid their fee?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats!! Do you have a lot of upper level bios? I'm just now hearing how they unofficially require tons of them, and I'm lacking in that regard so kind of not thinking ill get an invite from them :(

Notification Date: 7/25/2013
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS Complete: 5/31
Application Mailout: 6/5
GPA (S/O): 3.69/3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 20/20/23/17

Congrats!! Do you have a lot of upper level bios? I'm just now hearing how they unofficially require tons of them, and I'm lacking in that regard so kind of not thinking ill get an invite from them :(

I'm not entirely sure if I have enough upper level biology courses. I took two Intro Biology, Cell Biology, Genes-Eco-Evolution Biology, Biochem I, Genetics, and if chemistry counts two Intro Chem and Orgo. I'm taking Histo, Eco, and Biochem II this fall.
Anyone know if Chemistry courses count towards the 30 upper level? I know Baylor really want to see applicants taking Anatomy, but I don't want to screw up my GPA. Hopefully Baylor won't judge me based on an undeclared number requirement :O

School: LECOM
Notification date: 7/25 (?)
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: OOS; CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28 (first batch)
Application complete date: 7/22 (supp processed)
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/21/23/none

First invite! I think anyway...I didn't get an email and just checked the portal today. Hopefully it's not a glitch or anything

Last edited:
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28 (first batch)
Application complete date: 7/22 (supp processed)
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/21/23/none

First invite! I think anyway...I didn't get an email and just checked the portal today. Hopefully it's not a glitch or anything

Did you click on admission status or your admission status? What does it say?

SECOND INVITE!! First was Nova. I guess FL schools love me?

Residency: OOS; NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/05 (second batch)
Application complete date: 7/23 (supp processed)
GPA (science, overall): 3.69, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/21/none

Same deal as Raytanc. No email but portal updated. It says under "admissions status" and the "Interview" tab. So Excited!!

SECOND INVITE!! First was Nova. I guess FL schools love me?

Residency: OOS; NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/05 (second batch)
GPA (science, overall): 3.69, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/21/none

Same deal as Raytanc. No email but portal updated. It says under "admissions status" and the "Interview" tab. So Excited!!

You, of all people on this forum, have been through a lot. Congrats, nail that interview!:luck:

EDIT: There's an interview tab? Lol

You, of all people on this forum, have been through a lot. Congrats, nail that interview!:luck:

EDIT: There's an interview tab? Lol

haha thanks I really appreciate it. Hopefully I keep getting interviews. and it's on the left side, after you click on Admissions at the top. It's above roommate forum and beneath Applicant DMD-Bradenton. Maybe it just appeared though? I don't remember if it was there before today.

First Interview!!

Notification date: 7/25
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12 (third batch)
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/24/none.

Weird that there wasn't an email or anything. Only checked the portal since I checked this forum. So excited! :)

haha thanks I really appreciate it. Hopefully I keep getting interviews. and it's on the left side, after you click on Admissions at the top. It's above roommate forum and beneath Applicant DMD-Bradenton. Maybe it just appeared though? I don't remember if it was there before today.

Oh is it a LECOM specific portal? I thought it was somewhere on AADSAS haha:laugh:

Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

You all will make great dentists!

Get ALL the interviews and ALL the acceptances!

So based on SDN the incoming class will have a -3.7 gpa and -23 DAT !!:eek:
Dental schools are going to have to start accepting people with normal stats as minorities lol.

I'm not entirely sure if I have enough upper level biology courses. I took two Intro Biology, Cell Biology, Genes-Eco-Evolution Biology, Biochem I, Genetics, and if chemistry counts two Intro Chem and Orgo. I'm taking Histo, Eco, and Biochem II this fall.
Anyone know if Chemistry courses count towards the 30 upper level? I know Baylor really want to see applicants taking Anatomy, but I don't want to screw up my GPA. Hopefully Baylor won't judge me based on an undeclared number requirement :O

I don't think chemistry counts toward that 30 upper level, but you'll be fine! They've seen your coursework and planned coursework and obviously feel like its sufficient, even without Anatomy, to give you one of their first interviews! You're way ahead of me, I was a biochem major and so my upper levels are all in chemistry besides physiology and molecular genetics. I guess I'll try to go back for more credits to prepare for next year if I bomb my San Antonio interview. They're my first choice anyway so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

yes, it is a LECOM specific portal :)

How long have ya'll had access to see anything on the LECOM portal? I am 2nd batch and submitted my supplement as soon as they sent me the log in and I still can't see anything on the portal. Nor have I gotten any e-mails since the receipt of payment.

1st interview woohooooo!!! And I already scheduled my interview date on fri Oct 25th, the weekend before halloween!

School: Nova
Notification date: July 25
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: July 21
Application complete date: Filled out secondary on 21st as well (before being contacted by admissions officer) and notification via phone call that my application was received on July 23.
GPA (science, overall): (3.8, 3.76)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/18(I hated my RC, don't use the MCAT method and attempt to read and comprehend passage in full then answer questions!)/no

Just submitted my LECOM secondary today, and still finishing up the Midwestern-AZ secondary, hoping for more interviews, and hopefully from some Texas schools!

Congrats to everyone with interviews so far, it feels awesome!

Has anyone heard from GRU via email/phone or has received an interview from them yet?

2nd interview!
Notification date: July 26
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5
Application complete date: Not exactly sure. I filled out the secondary as soon as I received the email with my log in information but I never received confirmation of a completed application. I still don't even have access to the "admissions status" portion of the LECOM portal.
GPA (science, overall): (3.78, 3.81)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/nothing below 20

****** Has anyone else received the email for an interview at LECOM? It says we have to email them to confirm our spot at the interview but when I send an email to the address they provided I get an error saying that address doesn't exist. We only have 3 days to confirm and today is Friday.

UPDATE:
Had to call in to confirm my spot. Talked to a receptionist then Annette then was forwarded to Michelle incase anyone needs to do the same.

Last edited:
****** Has anyone else received the email for an interview at LECOM? It says we have to email them to confirm our spot at the interview but when I send an email to the address they provided I get an error saying that address doesn't exist. We only have 3 days to confirm and today is Friday.

UPDATE:
Had to call in to confirm my spot. Talked to a receptionist then Annette then was forwarded to Michelle incase anyone needs to do the same.
Michelle just sent out an email with a correction, congrats!

So based on SDN the incoming class will have a -3.7 gpa and -23 DAT !!:eek:
Dental schools are going to have to start accepting people with normal stats as minorities lol.

LOL I can't say I've ever been considered a minority before. Maybe that'll help me get in :laugh:

I want one, this is so stressful! Congrats to those who have them!!

2nd interview woohooooo!!! so excited

School: UTHSC(Tennessee)
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: whenever 1st batch was
Application complete date: I guess today. I think my DAT scores were updated. Not sure. Never faxed them my unofficial scores. Don't think they hand out interviews without DAT scores.
GPA (science, overall): (3.8, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/16QR

I scheduled it for August 2nd. I guess next week. They had the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and September 13 available.

2nd interview woohooooo!!! so excited

School: UTHSC(Tennessee)
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: whenever 1st batch was
Application complete date: I guess today. I think my DAT scores were updated. Not sure. Never faxed them my unofficial scores. Don't think they hand out interviews without DAT scores.
GPA (science, overall): (3.8, 3.84)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/18/16QR

I scheduled it for August 2nd. I guess next week. They had the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and September 13 available.

Hey gn4, was there a supplemental fee for Tennessee? I guess yes, but just couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks !

Hey gn4, was there a supplemental fee for Tennessee? I guess yes, but just couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks !

No, there was no supplemental fee. I had called and asked them, and they said there was no fee.

All I want is just an interview invite to hold me and keep me warm through the night.

All I want is just an interview invite to hold me and keep me warm through the night.

I'm sure it's coming soon buddy. A buddy of mine applied to the Carolina schools and she said that both will start looking at applications next week. At least she says that's what the schools told her when she called.

I'm sure it's coming soon buddy. A buddy of mine applied to the Carolina schools and she said that both will start looking at applications next week. At least she says that's what the schools told her when she called.

That's good news! Thanks! :D
I know that last year, UNC and ECU didn't start giving out interviews until mid-August.
UoP didn't start giving invites until September.
And, right now, UConn only seems to be giving out interviews to people in the northeast. This is a different tactic than what I think they've done in the past. Last year, they started giving out interviews later in the cycle and just sent them out to people all over the nation. However, it is really peculiar that nobody outside of the NE has gotten one--the farthest away from Connecticut they've gone is Virginia, which is still pretty northeastern. It seems almost too strong a correlation to be coincidental, or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

That's good news! Thanks! :D
I know that last year, UNC and ECU didn't start giving out interviews until mid-August.
UoP didn't start giving invites until September.
And, right now, UConn only seems to be giving out interviews to people in the northeast. This is a different tactic than what I think they've done in the past. Last year, they started giving out interviews later in the cycle and just sent them out to people all over the nation. However, it is really peculiar that nobody outside of the NE has gotten one--the farthest away from Connecticut they've gone is Virginia, which is still pretty northeastern. It seems almost too strong a correlation to be coincidental, or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

My friend (CA resident and actually pretty opposed to ever going to the "other side" of the country, haha) already received an interview from UConn as well. His stats are high but not crazy high.

Hopefully you'll hear soon. :luck: