**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GL! Are you instate or OOS?

I am OOS my stats are some what close to yours!!! I am by far an average applicant gpa/dat wise but my ecs and work is kind of unique.

Members don't see this ad.

School: Nova Southeastern
Notification date: 7/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 2.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/24/26/None

Wow they are fast. I'm a reapplicant and interviewed with them last cycle.

Good luck. I hope you get in this time.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats! Did your applicant portal update prior to the email?

Oh man..my app was sent on the 5th and i still don't have any interviews.

Last edited:

My app was mailed out the same date, still no interview from Nova. When did they call to let you know your app was complete? Thanks

Good luck. I hope you get in this time.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Congrats! Did your applicant portal update prior to the email?

Oh man..my app was sent on the 5th and i still don't have any interviews.

Not sure, haven't checked the portal since I finished the supplementary.

My app was mailed out the same date, still no interview from Nova. When did they call to let you know your app was complete? Thanks

Yup, I submitted my supplemental on 7/18 and they called me on 7/19.

Hey, should I send schools my new DAT scores? I got 17 AA 17 PAT on the first one and 20 AA 21 PAT on the second one. I just took it last Friday and it hasn't updated on AADSAS. So, I'm wondering if it will help if they directly see my new scores. Anyone know?

Also, I didn't send out my AADSAS form till July 8th and it was processed on the 12th. Does this limit my chances of getting an interview big time?

Last edited:
Hey, should I send schools my new DAT scores? I got 17 AA 17 PAT on the first one and 20 AA 21 PAT on the second one. I just took it last Friday and it hasn't updated on AADSAS. So, I'm wondering if it will help if they directly see my new scores. Anyone know?

Also, I didn't send out my AADSAS form till July 8th and it was processed on the 12th. Does this limit my chances of getting an interview big time?

AADSAS should upload your scores automatically (it takes >2 weeks). You are still an early applicant; you definitely will get interviews. Don't worry!

You should be fine, but if you really want your scores in earlier you can call the schools and ask if they would like to have a faxed copy of your unofficial report. They probably won't, but you can ask.

For those of you OOS with interview invites to UAB, when did you receive the supplemental?

Interview invite to Nova here! But I'd really like to return to my alma mater.

Did you apply to any schools that have given out interviews already?

Yeah I applied to NOVA, I thought you waited for them to contact you regarding the secondary but then I saw that other ppl got interview invites last week so I immediately completed my secondary online. I figured I'd hear something this week but nothing. 3.9/25/24. WTF???

Hey BruinDentist, did they actually CALL you to notify you your app was complete? I didn't even get an email saying I was complete and under review. What's holding me up??

I received my supplemental for UAB about 2 weeks ago. I mailed it Monday of last week and got the interview invitation phone call last Friday.

stats aren't what EVERY SCHOOL NEEDS.. they read your personal statement and try to predict how you are in terms of personality.

i made a 16 in RC and got 12 interviews......

Members don't see this ad :)
You can always say a person with soso grade may be very smart; but it is not fair to say a person very super high grade is possible not as good as he/she seems. We all have good personalities, volunteer, shadowing. what can a school tell just from some essay. It may be just a well written essay, but nothing else.

Last edited:
I dont remeber where I saw it, some school may not interview the super good applicants, becasue they assume their school is the backup. Hope that is not true. otherwise, that is really silly.

I dont know about American applicants but i know 7-8 Canadian applicants with 3.8+ GPAs that did not get interviews at "Canadian friendly" schools like NYU, BU (whereas ppl with lower stat did)..... cuz the schools knew these ppl will get into Canadian schools and ditch the Americans at the end of the day...which does happen sometimes.
Same thing might apply to In/out of state. If you have a 3.9 and 21 , why would a private school offer you an interview ? You will most likely get into ur state school and go there.

School: University of Kentucky
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/19/23/17 none

I received my supplemental for UAB about 2 weeks ago. I mailed it Monday of last week and got the interview invitation phone call last Friday.

I was 2nd batch so hopefully I'll receive it soon. Did they send it via e-mail?

I was 2nd batch so hopefully I'll receive it soon. Did they send it via e-mail?

No, it came with the regular MAIL!!! I sent mine out on Friday and received a phone call for the interview today.

I dont know about American applicants but i know 7-8 Canadian applicants with 3.8+ GPAs that did not get interviews at "Canadian friendly" schools like NYU, BU (whereas ppl with lower stat did)..... cuz the schools knew these ppl will get into Canadian schools and ditch the Americans at the end of the day...which does happen sometimes.
Same thing might apply to In/out of state. If you have a 3.9 and 21 , why would a private school offer you an interview ? You will most likely get into ur state school and go there.

Exactly.

God I hope that's true lol :laugh:

Edit: Actually on that note, would it be appropriate to notify them that I won't be applying to any Canadian schools this cycle? I have absolutely zero plans to stay and/or practice in Canada as all my family has moved back home.

Last edited:
Man this thread brings more stress than hope...lol
I just started receiving emails about secondaries and people already got invites for interviews...

School: UAB
Notification Date: July 23
Method of Notification: phone call
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
GPA: sPGA: 4.0 oGPA: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21/22/19/22 None

Hi Tessa, did you have to send the LOR's directly to the school even though they are on AADSAS? Thanks !

Yeah I applied to NOVA, I thought you waited for them to contact you regarding the secondary but then I saw that other ppl got interview invites last week so I immediately completed my secondary online. I figured I'd hear something this week but nothing. 3.9/25/24. WTF???

Hey BruinDentist, did they actually CALL you to notify you your app was complete? I didn't even get an email saying I was complete and under review. What's holding me up??

There was an automatic email sent right after I submitted the supplemental stating that my web admissions application was sent. I got a call from them the next day letting me know that my application was complete.

Hi Tessa, did you have to send the LOR's directly to the school even though they are on AADSAS? Thanks !

I did not send the LOR's directly to the school. They just saw them through the AADSAS.

Edit: Actually on that note, would it be appropriate to notify them that I won't be applying to any Canadian schools this cycle? I have absolutely zero plans to stay and/or practice in Canada as all my family has moved back home.

I'm in the same boat, I'm Canadian too (reapplicant) and this time around I am not applying to any Canadian schools whatsoever. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the same boat, I'm Canadian too (reapplicant) and this time around I am not applying to any Canadian schools whatsoever. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in the same boat too, I'm Canadian but I'm only applying to US dental schools! I hope we're not at a disadvantage :(

As a Canadian that applied last cycle, this happened to me. NYU, BU, Temple rejected me without an interview. I never really understood why, but the above rationale makes sense.

IMO, no need to do that unless they ask you specifically during an interview/supplementary. I doubt it will make any difference. People will say anything to increase their chances, but turn on their word all the time. Schools probably wont give you an interview solely because you give them your word on something. But then again, i guess telling them wouldn't necessarily hurt.

@BlackThought and @FutureDDS

How early or late did you guys apply last cycle and did you guys apply with the american or Canadian DAT scores?

Anybody have a portal update for ANYTHING?

You mean where it says "School Decisions"? Mine just says There is no decision information available. I want something to appear there! Has any school updated that section?

You mean where it says "School Decisions"? Mine just says There is no decision information available. I want something to appear there! Has any school updated that section?

Yes that's what we are referring to, and it seems to be a unanimous NO at this point.

Most schools don't use that too much. Maybe a batch update here and there after you already know the status.I'd expect info by phone, email, mail, and school portals (if applicable). Acceptance day seems to have some activity, though.

My thought is... is that AADSAS "opens" the school decision page for all applicants at one time.

Reason being: last year I checked my AADSAS portal religiously (6 times a day? haha) and my decision page was blank. Then, I checked mid-day in July and like 8 schools were listed on there with their "under-review" or "invited for interview" statuses.

It is hard to believe that eight schools randomly updated portals within the same hour on the same day.

So, wait it out, they will all be updated soon.

My thought is... is that AADSAS "opens" the school decision page for all applicants at one time.

Reason being: last year I checked my AADSAS portal religiously (6 times a day? haha) and my decision page was blank. Then, I checked mid-day in July and like 8 schools were listed on there with their "under-review" or "invited for interview" statuses.

It is hard to believe that eight schools randomly updated portals within the same hour on the same day.

So, wait it out, they will all be updated soon.

Way to increase the level of anxiety in here JAWSSS :p

@BlackThought and @FutureDDS

How early or late did you guys apply last cycle and did you guys apply with the american or Canadian DAT scores?

Last cycle I applied mid-August (too late in my opinion), with American DAT scores. This year I'm trying much earlier and should be in 1st batch (June 28th mail-out).

First interview! So excited I actually cried. :laugh:

School: NOVA
Notification date: July 24th 2013
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th 2013 (second batch)
Application complete date: July 19th 2013 via phone call
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.59, Overall 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/none (Canadian DAT)

Also at blackthought and futuredds...do you guys have any idea why you didn't even get an interview? Its actually kinda scary.

Also what is the difference between application complete date and the aadsas mail out date?

Also at blackthought and futuredds...do you guys have any idea why you didn't even get an interview? Its actually kinda scary.

Also what is the difference between application complete date and the aadsas mail out date?

Mail out date = when AADSAS mails your applications to the schools (i.e. available for electronic viewing)

Application complete = schools notify you via email when everything is received and ready for review by committee.

First interview! So excited I actually cried. :laugh:

Residency: Canadian
Application complete date: July 19th 2013 via phone call
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.59, Overall 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/23/none (Canadian DAT)

Yes! Go fellow Canadian! Good luck :luck:

Anybody have a portal update for ANYTHING?

What about the supplemental info tab too? I dont see mine up. Last year a few of the schools I applied to used it to let you know if anything was missing... Most schools didnt use it though. It was also updated everytime that school would log in/change the status of your school decision.

What about the supplemental info tab too? I dont see mine up. Last year a few of the schools I applied to used it to let you know if anything was missing... Most schools didnt use it though. It was also updated everytime that school would log in/change the status of your school decision.

Where is that tab? I'm probably looking right over it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Just apply and see what happens. Some schools where I thought I had slim chances at gave me interviews/acceptances and ones I thought I had a good chance at didn't. It doesn't work out the way you expect it to. As a Canadian, as long as your stats are decent (above the averages) and you have some strong ECs you should be good to go. Apply to about 8-10 schools.

Congrats to all who've gotten interviews already. I hope the rest of us can soon experience the same joy :)

Residency: NC
Application complete date: July 18th 2013 via phone call
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.69, Overall 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/21/none