**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My school is supposedly sending health and immunization forms in the next couple of weeks so I've been putting it off lol. Some of the M1s I've talked to said they took their sweet time with immunizations and there was no rush.

Members don't see this ad.

My school is supposedly sending health and immunization forms in the next couple of weeks so I've been putting it off lol. Some of the M1s I've talked to said they took their sweet time with immunizations and there was no rush.
We arent allowed to register for classes if they dont have that on file.

Reactions: 2 users
We arent allowed to register for classes if they dont have that on file.

Yeah, I wouldn't delay any longer than necessary on the immunizations and titers. You never know if you may need a series that has to be separated by weeks or months.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you all just go to your PCPs and get it done? I feel like that would be the easiest.

Did you all just go to your PCPs and get it done? I feel like that would be the easiest.
Yeah, you have to do some leg work since the PCP is not used to ordering quantitative titers. I ended up going to the campus health center and getting the labwork done because it was cheaper.

Same, I was freaking out for a moment, but others in my class said they haven't sent anything yet. The procrastinator in me does not mind at all.

Yeah, you have to do some leg work since the PCP is not used to ordering quantitative titers. I ended up going to the campus health center and getting the labwork done because it was cheaper.
Got it done in campus as well.

Also worth remembering that ur ppd needs to be read in 40-72 hours max so don't be dumb and go in on Friday for it but not be able to come in Monday -_-

Got it done in campus as well.

Also worth remembering that ur ppd needs to be read in 40-72 hours max so don't be dumb and go in on Friday for it but not be able to come in Monday -_-
x-ray master race checking in on that front.

Reactions: 1 users
This application cycle has made me feel like such a grown up since I'm not leaving everything for the last minute like I usually do. I got my immunization done and sent in called to double check if everything was okay. Now I'm apartment hunting

x-ray master race checking in on that front.

I should've done the x-ray, but the form doesn't allow us to unless the first PPD is positive. I'm surprised it wasn't since I've had the BCG shot...

I should've done the x-ray, but the form doesn't allow us to unless the first PPD is positive. I'm surprised it wasn't since I've had the BCG shot...

The ppd reads are super subjective. Some people who have lots of experience reading them will be able to discern subtle differences which indicate a false positive vs others who will just ask for the x Ray.

I keep getting emails from my pre-med listerv about applications and gap year jobs, and I still have mini panic attacks that I have to deal with those but then I'm like HA boy bai

Reactions: 5 users

Same here idk why it's like that since weirdly it's the same cost for me to get an X-ray vs ppd because of the ppd taking 2 appointments.

The ppd reads are super subjective. Some people who have lots of experience reading them will be able to discern subtle differences which indicate a false positive vs others who will just ask for the x Ray.
Interesting didn't know that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so0o0o0oo0o0o0ooo00o0o0oo0o00o0 bored at work:X3:

Reactions: 3 users
Me too!! I'm doing a 12 hour shift, and I am dying since it is superrrrr slow
AHHHHHHHH!!!! I wanna go home and cuddle with my cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!! I wanna go home and cuddle with my cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can so relate to that! Except I don't think he wants me hugging him lol
Sometimes I think he prefers when I'm not home since he gets to sleep without any disruptions

I can so relate to that! Except I don't think he wants me hugging him lol
Sometimes I think he prefers when I'm not home since he gets to sleep without any disruptions
lol awwww. mine is an attention *****, so I know he's pissed when I'm gone!

I get so bored at work too...
Just counting down the days until school starts!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Last day of work is Thursday then i move home for some R&R! Gonna nap on the couch with my doggos all day :)

Reactions: 6 users
Last day of work is Thursday then i move home for some R&R! Gonna nap on the couch with my doggos all day :)

Congrats, I end on Friday! Going back home to my cat after a few months of separation. :) I fully plan on spending as much time sleeping/eating/binging tv shows as possible.

I have 56 days until I start
It seems crazy that it's coming up so fast
Dude right? People at my work are requesting vacation for dates after I'll be leaving. That's when it got real.

I'm done with my job in less than two weeks now. Can't wait.

Reactions: 3 users
Dude right? People at my work are requesting vacation for dates after I'll be leaving. That's when it got real.

Same here! People are going to be enjoying their vacation time while we are buried in books haha
I don't know about you, but I am starting to get more nervous as it gets closer!

Same here! People are going to be enjoying their vacation time while we are buried in books haha
I don't know about you, but I am starting to get more nervous as it gets closer!

The nerves haven't hit me yet! I am so excited that it feels like time is dragging hahaha.

Having worked for the past couple of years, medical school sounds like a vacation.

We do have role models after all

18664335_488605801481624_6307533482212983070_n.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I still have a month left at my job. And because I'm training people to take over for me when I'm done, I spend all day sitting around watching them do my stuff. At a glacial pace. It makes me want to scream.

Reactions: 8 users
I still have a month left at my job. And because I'm training people to take over for me when I'm done, I spend all day sitting around watching them do my stuff. At a glacial pace. It makes me want to scream.
SAME. Today is actually my one-month-til-I'm-gone-niversary. Here's to hoping the next month flies by fast :clap:

I'm under two weeks and starting to wrap up my research. My last day is June 2nd. My replacement starts June 5th. The same day I'm leaving for Europe for 2 weeks. HR blew it on this one.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm under two weeks and starting to wrap up my research. My last day is June 2nd. My replacement starts June 5th. The same day I'm leaving for Europe for 2 weeks. HR blew it on this one.
My PI made my replacement start working before they even graduated so they could be "adequately trained". Poor person didn't even get a day of rest. (its mostly my fault for scheduling a cruise :cool:)

I just keep reminding myself its a three day weekend. I can do this.

4 day weekend for me. Internally wishing I just wouldn't come back, but I guess I have to be a responsible adult!

Going to be really hard to work another 2-3 weeks after I get back from Belize..