**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gurkhali

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't seen a solid thread for our year but since we're obv. the best there ever was or will be, we should probably have a thread.

(P.S. suck it class of 2022)

Edit: Ok, the other class of 2021 thread seemed old

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
1368507019_tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif

Reactions: 15 users
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So you betrayed us in the no IIs thread to move to the enemy camp huh?

Reactions: 13 users
Reserving my seat in what will be a lengthy thread spanning several years.

Gratz everyone!

We need more memes to make this thread feel like home.

Reactions: 7 users
I much prefer the title of this thread

Reactions: 1 users
I am not going to lie, I still have 19 apps that are silent. It is a fun game at this point now, seeing which spin of the roulette wheel will land another II.

So after spending years building the med school app, springtime Efle thought it would be a great idea to only apply to a very short, very top heavy school list. Summertime Efle thought it wasn't that big a deal to be slow with submitting, and knew that pre-writing secondaries was for chumps.

As we all know, such pride comes before the Fall, and boy was I kicking myself soon after the equinox. The silence from schools was so deafening it was keeping me up at night. Though still not quite loud enough to drown out the constant inner tirade against my stupid cocky lazy past self for putting me in this situation.

Man it is awesome to have some peace again. It's been a great ride so far SDN, sure to only get better. To anyone waiting for those interviews and first decisions, keep the faith. To anyone applying next cycle, don't be like me. Working to meet a self-imposed deadline is hard, pre-writing sucks, applying to a big list is daunting. But do it, do it for future you.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 12 users
This is kind of a slap in the face to people who haven't gotten an acceptance yet this cycle LOLOL

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is kind of a slap in the face to people who haven't gotten an acceptance yet this cycle LOLOL
This isn't a thread for only accepted students. The accepted, the anxious, those that dare to hope in this tumultuous cycle are all welcome. It's the class of 2021 but it's really more like applicants 2021 since eventually, I have faith most of us regular users are going to make it to the other side.

So is joining this thread also counted as double-dipping?

Reactions: 6 users
Oh, don't be that person. Accepted students are allowed to congregate. SDN is not a safe space for only non-accepted students

Reactions: 24 users
Anyone have any last hurrahs before matriculation planned?

Glad to finally join one of these!

I can't afford to quit my job up until probably 2 weeks from.matriculation.
Same, but I'll probably quit in June anyways. It won't drastically change the amount I'll owe in the long run, so I might as well have some fun before locking myself in the burning building.

You gotta be a student before you get that student loan money.
Haha yeah but I'm assuming it will come in before matriculation. And I'm also kidding don't blow through that

So is joining this thread also counted as double-dipping?
Not if you sacrifice double the memes.

also: hello everyone! Let's go make cancer feel foolish!

Not if you sacrifice double the memes.

also: hello everyone! Let's go make cancer feel foolish!
Meme for the cure.

**** I might get sued for copyright infringement by Susan k.

Reactions: 4 users
Joining this 2021 thread! I guess the other 2021 accepted thread title was a real eyesore for a lot of folks.

The lack of memes in this thread is troubling.

Reactions: 6 users
Edit: damnit I don't think my meme posted correctly - I'm out

Applying to med school

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 340
Accepted to med school

Attachments

• cun8Q.gif
    cun8Q.gif
    511.2 KB · Views: 315
You don't have to attach! You can embed directly with the little pic of mountains next to the smiley face in the toolbar

img_1444-jpg.211164

cun8q-gif.211165

You don't have to attach! You can embed directly with the little pic of mountains next to the smiley face in the toolbar

img_1444-jpg.211164

cun8q-gif.211165
was on mobile

Partway through celebrating your acceptance when you realize **** is about to get real starting this fall

Reactions: 4 users
I'll contribute too

MFW receiving, opening and slowly comprehending my decision email

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
MRW turnout is low on this thread.
There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Planning on quitting my job in April or May and traveling. But we'll see how broke I am.

Broke people problems haha! I'm in the same boat. I have a friend who works for Delta so I'm expecting to get discounted flight tickets at least. We'll see if I have enough money for food and shelter later though.