**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a few more hot chicks to cross off my list before leaving those hallowed halls.

Lol jk my advisor screwed me sophomore year and I had to take a few additional med school prerequisites. Decided to make a year out of it and relax. That sweet sweet in-state tuition and scholarship meant it only cost me an additional 12k to stay in paradise an extra year. The chicks were cool too tho.
Only 12k, chump change.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Officially done with work and going on vacation next week. And only 55 days till orientation. Can't believe its getting real
Incredibly envious of you..

Reactions: 1 users
I knew this was coming when I took a victory lap AND a gap year.
that's what I did plus 2yrs of post bacc...hence when I'm starting med school at 27 teeeeheeeeee

Reactions: 1 user
Send us a postcard!
hawaii-postcard.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Fun fact the school in matriculating to has the record for the youngest first year ever - age 13 lol

How the heck do people get scholarships from schools
Step 1 : be an attractive candidate.
Step 2: don't be an unattractive candidate.
Step 3:??????
Step 4: profit .

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's weird, now that I know exactly where I'm going in a few months, idk what to do with myself.
There's no reason to obsessively check my email. There's no reason to check the school specific threads for evidence of WL movement. Applied for an apartment close to campus. Wife's application is submitted for a job there. Budget made for moving expenses and dates.
What do I fill my waking hours with now? What does a planner do with nothing to plan?
:grumpy:

Get jacked...
Spending almost every day after work at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I say we need to get a craft beer thread going :nod:
Do it do it do it

Prolly gonna have to be in the lounge tho before "moving to the lounge"

If you do tag me in the post so I can sub

Omg, I actually submitted my order on amazon literally 2 seconds ago. That's hilarious.

I'm not gunning or anything, but it would be cool to look at. I've been out of school for a bit, so it would be nice to get the gears turning again.

Compulsive planner. I guess admitting that you have a problem is the first step in recovery, haha
Dont

Get jacked...
Spending almost every day after work at the gym.

True that. So scared of being a chump in OMM/palpatory skills got me motivated. 207 rn at about 15-17% bf

Reactions: 1 user
is it bad to still feel kind of anxious/stressed out over a waitlist (at my top choice nonetheless) even though I've been accepted to a school? I feel guilty sort of because I know the terrible feeling of not having secured a spot in med school for two cycles in a row....ugh I wish I could know whether or not I'll be getting off the waitlist so I can get closure and move on with starting at the school I got into (which is amazing and I love it btw!). venting over. sorry. It's drizzling, cold, and miserable outside and I'm just sitting here staring at the wall

is it bad to still feel kind of anxious/stressed out over a waitlist (at my top choice nonetheless) even though I've been accepted to a school? I feel guilty sort of because I know the terrible feeling of not having secured a spot in med school for two cycles in a row....ugh I wish I could know whether or not I'll be getting off the waitlist so I can get closure and move on with starting at the school I got into (which is amazing and I love it btw!). venting over. sorry. It's drizzling, cold, and miserable outside and I'm just sitting here staring at the wall

If medical school was really your passion, so much so that you applied multiple times, be grateful you got in while others didn't and work hard at the school you did get accepted to.

There's always residency if you're really adamant about going to that school!

Anybody have recommendations for Kansai region of Japan? I'm flying into Kansai airport (Osaka) for either 4 or 7 full days with 2 half days with 2 friends.
I've been to the temples in Nara, some sightseeing in Itami, and Himeji castle. I don't think I did anything in particular at Osaka or Kyoto city.

If medical school was really your passion, so much so that you applied multiple times, be grateful you got in while others didn't and work hard at the school you did get accepted to.

There's always residency if you're really adamant about going to that school!

Yes very very grateful no doubt!

Accepted to Morehouse School of Medicine! Beyond exited and I cannot wait to start my journey of becoming a physician!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted to Morehouse School of Medicine! Beyond exited and I cannot wait to start my journey of becoming a physician!

Welcome welcome! Provide us a meme to get past the body guards

Officially done with work and going on vacation next week. And only 55 days till orientation. Can't believe its getting real
My last day was yesterday, heading out the country for vacation in 2 weeks! Feeling the same. Can't believe I'm officially on a one way ticket to medical school.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

Omg, added my name to the PS readers list this afternoon. Literally have 14 requests in like 2 hours
What have I done...

Reactions: 7 users
Omg, added my name to the PS readers list this afternoon. Literally have 14 requests in like 2 hours
What have I done...
I did it once and I'm so meticulous so it took me forever. never again.

Reactions: 3 users
I did it once and I'm so meticulous so it took me forever. never again.

I was the first person to sign up this year and I swear it's like a death sentence for my poor SDN inbox. No one ever seems to scroll down and see that I've taken my name off the list.....I feel so bad that I haven't responded to all the statements that have been sent to me, but I'm swamped at work too and I just can't keep up with the 5-10 PS's that I receive every day.

I was the first person to sign up this year and I swear it's like a death sentence for my poor SDN inbox. No one ever seems to scroll down and see that I've taken my name off the list.....I feel so bad that I haven't responded to all the statements that have been sent to me, but I'm swamped at work too and I just can't keep up with the 5-10 PS's that I receive every day.

If people can't be bothered to read and follow instructions, then they don't really deserve your time. I'm sure you've helped plenty of people already!

Reactions: 4 users
Weird feeling seeing our application year's school specific threads get moved to the older subforum!
we're history now...let the new generation read about the legends of what was known as... "the 2016-2017 Application Cycle"

Reactions: 10 users
Just secured housing for CHEEEEAAAP. Goodbye city life!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
Just secured housing for CHEEEEAAAP. Goodbye city life!! :soexcited:
Where you end up going again if you don't mind me asking?

Man.. I still need to look for housing but sucks that I'm still on waitlists ....................

Where you end up going again if you don't mind me asking?

Man.. I still need to look for housing but sucks that I'm still on waitlists ....................

IKR? I'm giving myself until the end of this week and then I'm going to withdraw from my waitlists... Even when my waitlists are my top 2 schools :oops: Gotta get life going yknow.

.... or maybe I'll stay on for one more week. We'll see how I feel on Sunday :D

IKR? I'm giving myself until the end of this week and then I'm going to withdraw from my waitlists... Even when my waitlists are my top 2 schools :oops: Gotta get life going yknow.

.... or maybe I'll stay on for one more week. We'll see how I feel on Sunday :D

Not to frustrate you but I personally know and have friends who prepared to go to school A and within the week before classes started, they got into school B and moved in time for orientation :O

that moment when $1000 a month is cheap rent :?

Not to frustrate you but I personally know and have friends who prepared to go to school A and within the week before classes started, they got into school B and moved in time for orientation :O
Yeaaaah I've heard of such stories! If I were moving by myself, I would totally wait until the very last moment before moving. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I'm moving with my GF so I can't do that :/ It'll be too much of a hassle for her, especially when it comes to finding a new job.

Man you guys are making me super thankful for the houses I've been finding that are $1500 for a three bedroom. Couldn't imagine spending that much for a one bedroom