*** Official CCOM Class of 2011 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I probably will not be there since I don't live in the state and its on a weeknight. Very Sad, but I'm sure I will be drinking with you all soon enough :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

well..looks like my financial aid info and mwu e-mail account info got lost in the mail :( apparently it was mailed 3 weeks ago! oh well..they're mailing me another one ;)

Okay everyone, I just got my CCOM scrubs and the are HUGE!!! I wear size 7 pants and maybe large or medium in tops so I ordered medium scrubs and they are way way way bigger than I am! Maybe I am the only one in the world who did not know that scrubs came so big.... so just a heads up in case you dont know what size scrubs to get! : )

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay everyone, I just got my CCOM scrubs and the are HUGE!!! I wear size 7 pants and maybe large or medium in tops so I ordered medium scrubs and they are way way way bigger than I am! Maybe I am the only one in the world who did not know that scrubs came so big.... so just a heads up in case you dont know what size scrubs to get! : )

HaHa, I came on here to post the exact same thing! I usually wear a medium shirts, so I picked the medium scrubs. Big mistake. I should have ordered the smalls too. Maybe they will shrink when we wash them???

Are you guys planning on wearing these to anatomy labs? They seem to be quite stiff, but I'm trying not to complain since they are "free."

HaHa, I came on here to post the exact same thing! I usually wear a medium shirts, so I picked the medium scrubs. Big mistake. I should have ordered the smalls too. Maybe they will shrink when we wash them???

Are you guys planning on wearing these to anatomy labs? They seem to be quite stiff, but I'm trying not to complain since they are "free."

Ha ha...me too.:laugh: I wouldn't want the pants any smaller but I'm swimming in the top. Its 50% cotton, so I too am hoping for shrinkage. I think they'll soften up after a wash or two.

I just got mine today too. They must be compensating for the ammount of weight they estimate that we will gain in the next few years :eek:

I just got mine today too. They must be compensating for the ammount of weight they estimate that we will gain in the next few years :eek:

I haven't checked mine yet, as i am out of the country, but I don't plan on wearing them anyways.

I got my scrubs too yesterday! Medium---yes the top seems a bit oversized but hopefully it shrinks. its seeming real but i still have to do that whole Vaccine/titer,health paperwork!

I got my scrubs too yesterday! Medium---yes the top seems a bit oversized but hopefully it shrinks. its seeming real but i still have to do that whole Vaccine/titer,health paperwork!

Well I must be a weirdo...because I usually wear a medium..and these mediums fit me fine.
Looking forward to seeing some of you on the 19th.
Marcia

Well I must be a weirdo...because I usually wear a medium..and these mediums fit me fine.
Looking forward to seeing some of you on the 19th.
Marcia

I have to admit.... I haven't really ACTUALLY put it on it. Everyone else commented on how big it was and, suddenly, it looked bigger to me too :) Therefore, it could really be a perfect fit. Who knows....

On another note, it sucks that the meet and greet is on a weekday. I'd have to miss my classes (which I'd be happy to do), find someone to sub for me, and then drive 6 hours up to DG and back down just for some hors d'oeuvres and drinks... I wonder it's actually really beneficial. Current students (if you're reading thing), do you what happened at yours?

For you whose scrubs are too big, did you order the size scrub you usually wear? or are you unfamiliar with the way scrubs fit. I wear scrubs regularly, but I want to make sure that CCOMs aren't unusually large. I haven't ordered mine yet.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I am going to CCOM, class of 2011. Nice to meet you all, I'll go ahead and ask if anyone is looking for roomates/apartments yet in the Downers Grove area.

when did u guys get the paper or w/e to select a pair of scrubs?
i paid my deposits. i want some scubs too.

i wish i was able to go to the cocktail reception and meet the dean with a monstrous smile on my face (due to my high bac) buttt i'll be leaving for a trip out of the country 2 days prior. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys and gals, does anyone know if there's a site online which lists the CCOM rotation sites? i lost my piece of paper from the interview which had some of the sites on it :p thanks!

Thanks for the awesome find. However, everytime I see these I always have questions:

What do these stand for and what does it mean: INT, CMB, CMT/T, CMB/IM, CMB/FP,

Why do some students "match more than once" I notice that usually, it is 1 DO, and 1 MD match.

I would understand why military matches are distinguished... but why are "san francisco" matches indicated?

What happens when you get a DO and MD match?

Any takers?

Thanks for the awesome find. However, everytime I see these I always have questions:

What do these stand for and what does it mean: INT, CMB, CMT/T, CMB/IM, CMB/FP,

Why do some students "match more than once" I notice that usually, it is 1 DO, and 1 MD match.

I would understand why military matches are distinguished... but why are "san francisco" matches indicated?

What happens when you get a DO and MD match?

Any takers?

I could be wrong, but this is how I understand it...

INT= where/what the internship year is.
CMB= combined programs. The internship year and residency are through a combined program that a person matches into. It may be a CMB: T/general surgery; in which case the person matched into a combined program with a traditional rotating internship year and a residency in general surgery. Or it may be CMB: FP/family practice; indicating the person matched into a combined program with a family practice emphasis in the internship year and then starting the FP residency PGY-2.

People with 2 matches=The person is not in a combined program. This could happen if the specialty of choice has residencies that require a rotating internship year but do not offer it themselves. An example is nuerosurgery. This specialty has a seperate match which is earlier than most and requires you to also match into a separate internship program. Hence, the two matches. It may also happen if a person matches into an MD residency but wishes to practice in PA, FL, CA, etc, and doesn't want to jump through hoops later to get their MD internship year approved by the AOA in that state. (some states require an AOA approved rotating internship year).

Am I going to see any of youthis week at the meet and greet?
Marcia

Am I going to see any of youthis week at the meet and greet?
Marcia

I will be there- I look forward to meeting you and any of our other future classmates!

I have been living here for my first two years at CCOM. I am about to go on Rotations.
Condo is newly remodeled. Very cool looking, One bedroom, One bath. Perfect location about 10/20 min from campus. Only 10 min. from downtown Naperville. Next to the highway, Mall, starbucks, Borders etc.
Contact me if interested and I can send pictures. You can also contact me with any other q's about CCOM.:) Good luck and welcome!!!
Elyas Parsa
[email protected]

I have been living here for my first two years at CCOM. I am about to go on Rotations.
Condo is newly remodeled. Very cool looking, One bedroom, One bath. Perfect location about 10/20 min from campus. Only 10 min. from downtown Naperville. Next to the highway, Mall, starbucks, Borders etc.
Contact me if interested and I can send pictures. You can also contact me with any other q's about CCOM. Good luck and welcome!!!
Elyas Parsa
[email protected]

When did everyone recieve information about this Meet 'n Greet and about "free" scrubs? I haven't recieved any of this information

When did everyone recieve information about this Meet 'n Greet and about "free" scrubs? I haven't recieved any of this information

i haven't received that info on the meet n greet or scrubs either. looks like we're the forgotten ones :p

I will be at the meet and greet.

i haven't received that info on the meet n greet or scrubs either. looks like we're the forgotten ones :p

I received the scrubs stuff in the mail about a month ago.
Got the meet & greet invite via email two weeks ago.

I'd contact CCOM and ask about the meet & greet. As accepted students, I'm sure you're invited. If you'd like, PM me and I'll send you the text from the invitation. Chances are you can just RSVP like the rest of us and they won't even realize that they didn't "invite" you in the first place.

Does anyone know when we will be receiving our financial aid packages?

Does anyone know when we will be receiving our financial aid packages?
I recieved an email today (to my MWU account) saying that my financial aid letter was available. You have to log on to the site (online.midwestern.edu) and put in your user name and password. Then click on the financial aid folder, then award letter.

I recieved an email today (to my MWU account) saying that my financial aid letter was available. You have to log on to the site (online.midwestern.edu) and put in your user name and password. Then click on the financial aid folder, then award letter.
It certailny made my stomach churn a little looking at those numbers.
Marcia

question for you, on my award letter, it listed the budget for ccom..but the tuition budget it listed was out of state...but i am in state (and i'm pretty sure i qualify for instate tuition..my matriculation agreement said i'm instate too)...is this something i should talk to the finaid office about? any other instater's have this? thanks!

Wow finally---this is so real now! Only 3 and a half months to go! Nice and queasy to see the Fin aid package.

Cbenedic, I am out of state so I see that tuition but Im sure u can save that nice $5000 approx for in state.

now the on site housing packages should come this week or next depending on when u submitted ur request!

Yeah the numbers they are giving are really scary and how much money I will get is about $20,000 short of what I need...

Yeah the numbers they are giving are really scary and how much money I will get is about $20,000 short of what I need...

When did OOS tuition jump from $41,000ish to $42,000ish?
It is a sad day when one finds out that the maximum amount of Stafford loans doesn't even cover the whole tuition! Yikes. At least I've already paid $1,000 in the form of a deposit.

Christine,
What does your tuition say? Mine says 38211. I think that is instate. You may need to call. I had a problem with my matriculation agreement a few weeks ago, I had to tell her that I was here for 12 months before I started school.
Marcia

how is that possible? How can you not get the money you need to complete school?

-Domer

The letter only shows federal stafford loans, which max out at ~$40,000 (sub + unsub). You can take the remaining $20K out in gradplus loans, but they won't show up in your award letter.

I agree with you all...this is scary. I'm trying not to think about it. eek. :eek:

Is anyone up for carpooling to the meet and greet? I don't have a car, and I'm pretty sure getting to Oakbrook on the CTA is impossible.

I know its a bit early, but I'm considering going away overseas during thanksgiving break this fall. I was hoping for an current medical students at CCOM to offer some information about quarterly breaks.

I suppose what I'd really like to know is if exams or "homework" are assignned in classes that carryover or advance into subsequent quarters. If so, does the work "limit" our break?

Thanks.

Oh and thanks to all who posted about the scrubs, but I wish I had come online prior to sending in my order form -- I ordered Large -- mistake? i think so.

Also for those checking out the "meet and greet" have a cocktail for me. CT is too far, but I'm sure I'll have a drink for you all while I'm here

I know its a bit early, but I'm considering going away overseas during thanksgiving break this fall. I was hoping for an current medical students at CCOM to offer some information about quarterly breaks.

I suppose what I'd really like to know is if exams or "homework" are assignned in classes that carryover or advance into subsequent quarters. If so, does the work "limit" our break?

Thanks.

Oh and thanks to all who posted about the scrubs, but I wish I had come online prior to sending in my order form -- I ordered Large -- mistake? i think so.

Also for those checking out the "meet and greet" have a cocktail for me. CT is too far, but I'm sure I'll have a drink for you all while I'm here

I'm also planning on traveling abroad during Thanksgiving break. Since we have all of our finals right before, I cannot imagine that we would have homework during that time. I just hope that I have enough money to go after paying for books, equipment, etc. by the time November rolls around!

hey the "meet and greet" is on thursday right?? on april 19? thanks

The letter only shows federal stafford loans, which max out at ~$40,000 (sub + unsub). You can take the remaining $20K out in gradplus loans, but they won't show up in your award letter.

I agree with you all...this is scary. I'm trying not to think about it. eek. :eek:

My award letter does show my grad PLUS loans, so it must depend on how you filled out the inital financial aid forms. I'm sure we will all get all of the loans that we need...ugh, so much money!

My award letter does show my grad PLUS loans, so it must depend on how you filled out the inital financial aid forms. I'm sure we will all get all of the loans that we need...ugh, so much money!

Hmm... Did you fill out the optional step 5 PLUS loan form when you completed your forms online? That could be why.

Hmm... Did you fill out the optional step 5 PLUS loan form when you completed your forms online? That could be why.

Yes, that must be why. I just filled it all out at one time.

Rayster! Where are you? I am in New Lenox.
Marcia

when I was filling out all the financial aid stuff I didnt fill the form for the Grad plus loans cause it asked how much money I wanted and I had no idea... I guess i need to go back now and fill that section out to get the remaining money... I have not done financial aid before so all this is new to me.. will this graduate plus loan be the best deal for me or should I be looking around at other college loans from banks and such?

Rayster! Where are you? I am in New Lenox.
Marcia

Hi- I am in Roger's Park. Fortunately I now have a ride over to the meet and greet. I will see you there!

Can anyone answer these questions?

With the grad plus loans, you have to include your parent's tax information right?

Does anyone know when they notify us about what we matched into for on-campus housing?

Thanks

Can anyone answer these questions?

With the grad plus loans, you have to include your parent's tax information right?

Does anyone know when they notify us about what we matched into for on-campus housing?

Thanks

actually i called student services today and they said housing letters were mailed out yesterday :) we should be finding out our on-campus housing soon..maybe even tomorrow!