*** Official CCOM Class of 2011 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am still trying to decide where to move in...I am leaning towards Bristol Club. I'd like to live near other students though, so where are you all staying?

Downers Grove/Lombard... here I come! 6 days and counting. If anyone is living in Yorktown II, let me know! I'm going to be on teh 8th floor. Maybe we can go to the "get together" together.

Hey guys, I am slowly getting excited, little anxious too, but I was wondering is anyone still looking for a roommate?

Wishfully see you guys soon

Hey so I know its getting pretty late but is anyone still looking for an apartment/roommate in the downers grove/lombard area. I'm a 23 yo male about to become a MSI and would prefer a male roommate. I was thinking of commuting from home but that might get annoying with these 7am exams every week. Just PM me or reply to the posting.

So our dress code for orientation is business casual... Since such a wide range of clothing can be considered business casual, are people leaning more towards the casual or business professional side of things?

While on the topic of clothing, thank God we don't have a dress code for class! That would spell disaster for very t-shirt and jeans, right out of college wardrobe.

So our dress code for orientation is business casual... Since such a wide range of clothing can be considered business casual, are people leaning more towards the casual or business professional side of things?

While on the topic of clothing, thank God we don't have a dress code for class! That would spell disaster for very t-shirt and jeans, right out of college wardrobe.

I plan to go more business professional on Monday, just so I can be safe and see what everyone else is wearing. However, I'm betting dress standards will relax quickly as the week progresses.

Also, TODAY IS MOVING DAY!!! DG, here we come!!!

Anyone going to the "Unofficial meet and greet for CCOM class of "2011"?

I know we haven't even started Year 1 yet.....

but I was just curious about what options might be available b/w Mid May 2008 and end of July 2008? Obviously relax and chill after first year is an option and I have heard they have summer research ops...but ive been working in a lab the past year...which was fine but im ready for a change...

Do they have volunteer projects/medical trips? I'd love to travel that summer as well. Any thoughts welcome!

2 weeks to go to Orientation!

Does anyone know what banks are in DG and if there are any ATMs on campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so I know its getting pretty late but is anyone still looking for an apartment/roommate in the downers grove/lombard area. I'm a 23 yo male about to become a MSI and would prefer a male roommate. I was thinking of commuting from home but that might get annoying with these 7am exams every week. Just PM me or reply to the posting.

When and where is this?? Haven't heard anything about it.

There's a Class of 2011 facebook group... the event is being organized by a second year student

Does anyone know what banks are in DG and if there are any ATMs on campus?

There's a chase atm of campus. thats it.

around here there are alot different banks. chase, 5/3, bank of america. i don't know them all.

There's a chase atm of campus. thats it.

around here there are alot different banks. chase, 5/3, bank of america. i don't know them all.

I was also wondering... what do students do b/w their 1st and 2nd years?

Hey everyone,

I'll be staying in Redwood Hall my first year. I was hoping if someone can tell me when our move in date and time is??? I lost the packet that had that information! Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you!!

Hey everyone,

I'll be staying in Redwood Hall my first year. I was hoping if someone can tell me when our move in date and time is??? I lost the packet that had that information! Thanks and I look forward to meeting all of you!!

haha i'm living in redwood too and lost my move in info :p i called student services the other day and move in is Saturday July 28th from 9am - 5pm and you register in Forest Lodge when you first come to campus. :)

Hey guys- just wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate, i'll be living in a great house in the downers grove- bike ride distance from school. garage parking, hardwood floors throughout, backyard, back deck... and all that jazz. just about 450 a month, and i will cover utilities. i am a female, and an "older" student...30...ouch. If any last minute folks are looking, or anything has changed- let me know. thanks, theresa:luck:

man i JUST got accepted to CCOM a week ago and am excited and nervous...it's a good thing that I live literally across the street from campus (a 1 minute drive)...

anyways...since ive lived in Downers Grove my entire life...if anyone has any questions about the area or the surrounding areas feel free to hit me up with any questions...

-peace-

Wow, sounds like an awesome place! I'm renting somewhere else, but I am envious of your digs!

Hey guys- just wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate, i'll be living in a great house in the downers grove- bike ride distance from school. garage parking, hardwood floors throughout, backyard, back deck... and all that jazz. just about 450 a month, and i will cover utilities. i am a female, and an "older" student...30...ouch. If any last minute folks are looking, or anything has changed- let me know. thanks, theresa:luck:

has anyone else received an email from '[email protected]' with this message:

"New transactions have posted to your MWU Statement of Account. You can view your revised statement online at http://online.midwestern.edu."

How do we gain access to this link?

has anyone else received an email from '[email protected]' with this message:

"New transactions have posted to your MWU Statement of Account. You can view your revised statement online at http://online.midwestern.edu."

How do we gain access to this link?

You log into online.midwestern.edu using your 6 digit ID and your password. You find your student account information in the same place you went to fill out financial aid stuff.

You log into online.midwestern.edu using your 6 digit ID and your password. You find your student account information in the same place you went to fill out financial aid stuff.

I don't remember receiving a 6-digit ID or password. Did they send that to us in the mail? And I'm not applying for financial aid.

I don't remember receiving a 6-digit ID or password. Did they send that to us in the mail? And I'm not applying for financial aid.

yeah the six digit id is your student id..it was mailed at some point. Do you have an Interact Now account? if so, you can log onto there through the www.midwestern.edu site. Then click Profile Editor near the top of the window. You'll see a list of your personal information and your student id number should be there as well. if that doesnt work, try calling student services and maybe they could help u out :)

yeah the six digit id is your student id..it was mailed at some point. Do you have an Interact Now account? if so, you can log onto there through the www.midwestern.edu site. Then click Profile Editor near the top of the window. You'll see a list of your personal information and your student id number should be there as well. if that doesnt work, try calling student services and maybe they could help u out :)

thanks!

Hey everyone- it said that significant others were welcome at the wine and cheese event. Is anyone bringing their bf/gf? Just wondering- don't want mine to be the only one!

Hey everyone- it said that significant others were welcome at the wine and cheese event. Is anyone bringing their bf/gf? Just wondering- don't want mine to be the only one!

My Husband will be with me.

Marcia

My boyfriend will be coming with me too. For anyone else that moved this past weekend, could we have asked for better weather? If anyone is already at Bristol Club, let me know and we can meet up!

MS II here, anyone moving at Brook Hill Apts?

hey everyone, just curious about what we need (if anything) to bring for orientation? should i be bringing my backpack ready to load up on papers/folders or can we get away with just our wallets/purses? also, is there any paper work we should be bringing along on monday? thanks! :)

hey everyone, just curious about what we need (if anything) to bring for orientation? should i be bringing my backpack ready to load up on papers/folders or can we get away with just our wallets/purses? also, is there any paper work we should be bringing along on monday? thanks! :)

you can bring missing transcripts, immunization forms if u haven't submitted yet,etc. but if your file is complete, i think u r good to go.

guys, i know its late but if someone is still looking for a place to live for next year contact me at (803) 707-4898

Rent 500-520/month
Brook Hill Apts (less than 5 mins to campus)
Clean/Quiet neighborhood

Anyone planning on going to Ballydoyle's tonight? There was a post about an event on the facebook wall.

Anyone planning on going to Ballydoyle's tonight? There was a post about an event on the facebook wall.

I didn't see this one..but I did see the one for Saturday????

Marcia

I am also looking for a roommate. I am a 28-year-old female and am a non-smoker. Let me know if you are still looking for a roommate.

hello all, I've been scrambling like mad to get all of the prereq forms filled out, since I just got my acceptance packet on Monday, but aside from sending in the titers, background check, and immuno forms, I have found out nothing on the actual schedual. Can anyone tell me what the days will be like or what the first month will be like. The kind folks at student services could not even tell me a time schedual. I assume that everything starts at 8:00am, but where and for how long?

hello all, I've been scrambling like mad to get all of the prereq forms filled out, since I just got my acceptance packet on Monday, but aside from sending in the titers, background check, and immuno forms, I have found out nothing on the actual schedual. Can anyone tell me what the days will be like or what the first month will be like. The kind folks at student services could not even tell me a time schedual. I assume that everything starts at 8:00am, but where and for how long?

neuronick, some one actually pm'd me that question a while back and i still have a copy of the msg with the schdule i wrote. The schedule in our orientation packet is a little more detailed with exam dates and such..but here is a basic schedule of what we have going on:

For the month of august (8/6/07-8/31/07):
Monday: History of Medicine 9-10am, Psychiatriy 1&2 10am-12pm, Psychiatry 1&2 1-2pm
Tuesday: Biochem 1 8-10am, Psychiatry 1&2 10am-12pm
Wednesday: OMM 1 8am-12pm
Thursday: Biochem 1 9am-12pm
Friday: no classes!

For the rest of the fall quarter (9/4/07-11/6/07):
Monday: Biochem 2 9-10am, History of Medicine 10-11am, Interdisciplinary Core Course 11am-12pm, Gross Anatomy 1 1-2pm, Gross Anatomy Lab 2-5pm
Tuesday: Biochem 2 Workshop 10am-12pm, Biochem 2 1-2pm, Histology 2-4pm
Wednesday: OMM lecture/lab 8am-12pm, Gross Anatomy 1 1-2pm, Gross Anatomy Lab 2-5pm
Thursday: ICM 1 9am-12pm, Histology 1-4pm
Friday: Biochem 2 Workshop 9-11am, Biochem 1 11am-12pm, Gross Anatomy 1 1-2pm, Gross Anatomy Lab 2-5pm

There are a couple days where we have an extra class (ie. gross anatomy orientation at the end of august) but i didn't write that in the regular schedule. hope this helps :)

Thanks cbenedic. That helps a lot. The summer (Aug.) schedule looks pretty tame. See you soon.

Coming up soon, I am excited, nervous, anxious, what do you guys think we would need for orientation in terms of materials.

Also when do we know what books we need

Hi everyone! Yeah i was wondering the same thing about when and where we get our books and class notes? Also, I know this is a dumb question, but how necessary is a laptop at Midwestern? and I really wish Midwestern had their lectures recorded so we could listen to them again and again....

i'm sooooooooo nervous!!

Hi everyone! Yeah i was wondering the same thing about when and where we get our books and class notes? Also, I know this is a dumb question, but how necessary is a laptop at Midwestern? and I really wish Midwestern had their lectures recorded so we could listen to them again and again....

i'm sooooooooo nervous!!

After talking with may 2nd yr students it seems that we don;t need books at all. The notes are wonderfully designed and they are available at Midwestern Bookstore. Most of the notes are directly copied from the books.

Do we have to buy these notes or do we just pick them up? If we have to buy them approximately how much are they? Also, is there a recommended booklist for all of our classes?

thanks!!

Do we have to buy these notes or do we just pick them up? If we have to buy them approximately how much are they? Also, is there a recommended booklist for all of our classes?

thanks!!

we have to buy the notes from the MWU Bookstore. there is a recommended booklist but from what I hear, very small percentage of students actually bought the books and rarely used them.

I didn't see this one..but I did see the one for Saturday????

Marcia

I went and there was one other 1st year there... was a blast, you guys should have come! Hopefully, more will be out on Sat

is it wrong that i'm moving to campus tomorrow and i haven't even started packing yet? :p i think i'm just going to throw everything into bags and toss it in my car :thumbup: