Official Baylor College of Medicine entering class 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lmnop said:
Can anyone who already picked a stafford lender tell me who they picked and why? Thanks!

I chose T.H.E. loans because they have a 1.3% repayment bonus, they allow you to defer during residency, and (main reason) they answered all my questions that I emailed within 2-3 hours. I was also unable to login to the SallieMae system (long story and rather boring).

Side note: Has anyone else had trouble getting ahold of OHP?

Members don't see this ad.

My THE loan says it has been processed for stafford loans as of 7/15, so those with THE as their lender might want to check their status webpage.
Question to those getting Fed Perkins loans:
Does BCM take care of everything? I haven't heard from them about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
latinfridley said:
My THE loan says it has been processed for stafford loans as of 7/15, so those with THE as their lender might want to check their status webpage.
Question to those getting Fed Perkins loans:
Does BCM take care of everything? I haven't heard from them about that.

Good question, does Baylor take care of Perkins loans?

erahimy said:
Good question, does Baylor take care of Perkins loans?
when i called in, i was told that we take care of perkins during orientation

can other people post their lender choice? It just seems so difficult to decide....

lmnop said:
can other people post their lender choice? It just seems so difficult to decide....

hehe..i know what you mean.. i finally caved in and picked THE (friendly and easy to get in touch with) yesterday...
i wanted to go with Sallie Mae but i couldnt even reach a customer rep after being transferred around and spending lots of time on the phone
whatever..just wanted to get it over with..blech

Sorry guys,

This may sound stupid, but what exactly is meant when THE says you have an immediate Monthly Credit that offers annual savings up to 1.30%? Is that as soon as the loan is processed?

I just picked BofA cos they're a big bank and reliable.

erahimy said:
Sorry guys,

This may sound stupid, but what exactly is meant when THE says you have an immediate Monthly Credit that offers annual savings up to 1.30%? Is that as soon as the loan is processed?

its something like this:

every month when you make a payment, they give you .013*balance/12 for that month [even i had to call up THE and ask :) ]

Hey guys, congrats on your acceptance to Baylor! I just looked at a email from Dr. Traber announcing that your orientation started next week and couldn't believe it was already time to have a great new group of people starting up again. I'm currently a 3rd year medical student and in the middle of my Internal Medicine rotation (we started clinics this past January). Please don't hesitate to let me know if you all have any questions about 1st, or 2nd year, or even clinics too. I always like to help out when I can. It's best to shoot me an email though as I don't frequent this site very often anymore. You can reach me at [email protected] Have fun at orientation!

i <3 you guys!

p.s. did anyone else get food poisoning from orientation?

hey,

is this thread dead? speak up, fellow MS1s!

anywho, good luck for the formative on monday.

=)
riv.