This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another silly Q if you pass do you get a certificate ? And how long does it take to get? Thnx
Yes. Several months.

Members don't see this ad.

Quiet member of this forum. Have a question, is it normal for your name not to show up on abim website after exam. Previously I was able to look my name and it used to say "not certified" but now my name not showing up any results.

Reactions: 1 user
Quiet member of this forum. Have a question, is it normal for your name not to show up on abim website after exam. Previously I was able to look my name and it used to say "not certified" but now my name not showing up any results.
New this year. Maybe they learned from the SNAFU around results being distributed last year. It appears to be universal though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good I thought it's just me I did so bad that they decided to take me off any type of doctors list

Maybe they will upload the results "hidden" like the 2014 match results - view source code trick. Hopefully results are released this week.

Assume not. There were several natural disasters that affected test takers. They may be behind with scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No status update on cert check as of now. Same for everyone else?

No updates today so far, this process is lame and adds to the stress. I wish these testing outfits could get their act together enough to give you a preliminary response the day you take the test.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, the first testing date this year was Thursday the 17th. May be Tomorrow if it really is 2 months.

Also, the first testing date this year was Thursday the 17th. May be Tomorrow if it really is 2 months.

I took mine the 16th. But it had an awful lot of pediatrics questions.

Wait. Did I take the wrong boards?!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
New to this thread. Have been following silently..
It is getting on my nerves. So much stress... Not able to take it any more.
They have released last year around the same time.

New to this thread. Have been following silently..
It is getting on my nerves. So much stress... Not able to take it any more.
They have released last year around the same time.
You sound stressed...so stressed

Yeah I am .. Almost checking very frequently. I know nothing will change my result at this time. but cant stop feeling that way.
You're not the only one feeling that way. Best of luck to you.

Since I'm sure y'all will start the countdown for results soon, here is the table I put together last year (updated) of the first reported results:

2016: Saturday, October 15 @951 pm (snafu on the website as results rolled in over the next 12 hours or so)
2015: Thursday, October 8 @ 817AM
2014: Monday, October 6 @ 1059AM
2013: Monday, October 7 @ 323 AM (seriously)
2012: Thursday, October 4 @ 814 AM
2011: Wednesday, November 2 @ 1033 AM
Unable to find 2010, but it was prior to November 9
2009: Tuesday, October 20 @ 540PM

Basically, there's no telling when results will come out except that more likely than not, they'll in the first half of October sometime.

Do you know if there was a reason for the 2 November release in 2011? Was something going on that delayed testing/scoring?

2010 is October 30th, and not sure why Nov in 2011.

Anyone on here have their test date get messed up by Hurricane Harvey? Wondering when these individuals rescheduled their exam. Don’t care when they release it - just want it to be a pass

Anyone on here have their test date get messed up by Hurricane Harvey? Wondering when these individuals rescheduled their exam. Don’t care when they release it - just want it to be a pass
Agree,, just pass is enough.

No results yet posted....are we there yet?....are we there yet?

When will this be over? This is unfair... They should just give us a date like the steps. Torture!

When will this be over? This is unfair... They should just give us a date like the steps. Torture!
I am planning to call them tomorrow if the results do not show up tomorrow.

I wrote them an email and got this:

Thank you for your recent email to the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM).

Results are released to candidates within three months of the last date of an examination in that discipline. No additional information is available until results have been released.

The scoring and reporting of an examination is a meticulous process that ensures the accuracy of results and the fairness of the examination. In addition, before final scores are approved, the reliability, validity and fairness of the examination must be verified by ABIM. ABIM will not release results until it is satisfied that a reliable instrument has been administered and data is accurate.

When results become available, candidates who sat the examination will receive email notification that their pass/fail statuses and score reports can be viewed in the "My Examinations" section of their ABIM physician home pages, accessed via the 'Sign In' link at www.abim.org. In addition, the announcement regarding the release of results will be posted on the ABIM website and on the automated phone attendant.

Please make sure that ABIM has your current email address to ensure that you receive this notification. You can update your contact information by going towww.abim.org and clicking 'Sign In' as well.

If you need further assistance, you may reply to this email or call us at 1-(800)-441-ABIM (2246) Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern
I am planning to call them tomorrow if the results do not show up tomorrow.

Hey, I have called ABIM now and talked to them. I was waiting for 20 min on the line. Same answer, Customer department also don't know when the results will be released. but they said it could be no later than November( as if we don't know). It could be any time.

Yeah same thing. I feel the operator read the same information which is written in the email on the phone

Hurricane Harvey rolled into Houston a week after the last test date. None of us had to reschedule.

Hurricane Harvey rolled into Houston a week after the last test date. None of us had to reschedule.
I guess what they meant was for Fall test takers who are MOC, rather that first time board certified. This shouldn't affect our results.

Hurricane Harvey hit land on 8/25, last test date for 1st time certification was 8/24 - certainly could have affected 1st time takers, but probably affected MOC more so

Do you think they learned from the 12 hour rollout and panicked people last year and decided not to update the website until score reports are released?

There's no harm in calling or emailing them at this point, but I personally don't see much benefit to it. They give up to 3 months time to report the results, and while in prior years the results have shown up ~2 months after the test, the fact is they're still well within their announced time limit for releasing scores. When they're ready to release the scores, we'll get the emails just as test takers in previous years have gotten. Calling them up asking 'what the hold up is' isn't going to force them to rush the results out, and quite frankly, I don't think we want to see the process rushed at this point. I'm not sure finding out the reason why they're a bit later this year changes all that much. If the storms and hurricanes slowed them down, or they simply needed more time to analyze the test and potentially throw out flawed questions, I think that's reasonable.

The way the score release dates have never been concrete in years past and have varied from Oct-Nov suggests to me that the ABIM doesn't really operate with an exact timetable. When the process is done, ABIM prepares the reports and sends the emails. Not really a whole lot more to it. I do agree it's frustrating not to know. If you passed, awesome. On the other hand if you didn't, the earlier you can start prepping for Round 2 the better. But for now the waiting game continues.

I've heard several anecdotal stories from people who took the abim (and failed) the last few years that this year was the hardest they've ever seen.

I've heard several anecdotal stories from people who took the abim (and failed) the last few years that this year was the hardest they've ever seen.
Thank you for that - makes me feel sooooo much better now

Reactions: 2 users
There's no harm in calling or emailing them at this point, but I personally don't see much benefit to it. They give up to 3 months time to report the results, and while in prior years the results have shown up ~2 months after the test, the fact is they're still well within their announced time limit for releasing scores. When they're ready to release the scores, we'll get the emails just as test takers in previous years have gotten. Calling them up asking 'what the hold up is' isn't going to force them to rush the results out, and quite frankly, I don't think we want to see the process rushed at this point. I'm not sure finding out the reason why they're a bit later this year changes all that much. If the storms and hurricanes slowed them down, or they simply needed more time to analyze the test and potentially throw out flawed questions, I think that's reasonable.

The way the score release dates have never been concrete in years past and have varied from Oct-Nov suggests to me that the ABIM doesn't really operate with an exact timetable. When the process is done, ABIM prepares the reports and sends the emails. Not really a whole lot more to it. I do agree it's frustrating not to know. If you passed, awesome. On the other hand if you didn't, the earlier you can start prepping for Round 2 the better. But for now the waiting game continues.

I completely agree. Calling/emailing is NOT going to change when our scores get release, and can only make us look bad. It doesn’t change how we did, wether we pass fail, or when we ultimately get them. There were multiple major events that could have slowed down scoring.

I completely agree. Calling/emailing is NOT going to change when our scores get release, and can only make us look bad. It doesn’t change how we did, wether we pass fail, or when we ultimately get them. There were multiple major events that could have slowed down scoring.

I agree it is probably not worthwhile to call because they have no information and its a waste of time, but "make us look bad?" This is a 1365 dollar product that we purchased from a company which historically delivers results in this time in October. Who cares what they think? This is a business relationship with a company whose product that hasn't been delivered, and frankly a business whose product is suspect at best in that we are basically forced in to taking it. They can handle taking calls and people should feel free to call them, if they can't then they can use the millions of dollars that physicians send them for questionable certification to hire more people.

Reactions: 2 users

No harm in contacting them- that’s kind of part of Customer Relations Advocate job, right? “Make us look bad” this reminds me of being back in medical school and intern year - underlying sentiment contributing to the degradation of physicians.

Good luck everyone

I feel the most appropriate thing to do is for them to have a release date and time to be announced at least with in a month of last exam date. This will avoid unnecessary phone calls and emails. Or they should have one particular day in a week where they release results, like how USMLE results are released, only on Wednesdays. Something, some format in place.
Again this is my opinion...

Hopefully results next week - enjoy the weekend!

This is literally the most painful waiting experience ever. The ABIM is really creating a name for itself. Go to Twitter and look at every one tweeting at them about MOC. Our generation of physicians needs to demand transparency, at the very least. This is unacceptable and inappropriate. Not to mention unprofessional.

This is literally the most painful waiting experience ever. The ABIM is really creating a name for itself. Go to Twitter and look at every one tweeting at them about MOC. Our generation of physicians needs to demand transparency, at the very least. This is unacceptable and inappropriate. Not to mention unprofessional.
We are also the most impatient. Remember when we would get test results in the mail? Things seemed calmer that way.

We are also the most impatient. Remember when we would get test results in the mail? Things seemed calmer that way.

Definitely. But there's no reason to not have a release date rather than some ambiguous range of dates. Or even a preliminary result immediately. We are impatient because we know there is absolutely no reason to have a three month wait for test scores. Med school, MCAT, USMLE, etc all had release dates. There's no reason a professional company should be able to just do as they please, when they please.

Definitely. But there's no reason to not have a release date rather than some ambiguous range of dates. Or even a preliminary result immediately. We are impatient because we know there is absolutely no reason to have a three month wait for test scores. Med school, MCAT, USMLE, etc all had release dates. There's no reason a professional company should be able to just do as they please, when they please.
I like the way you called it company... Very true..