**Official 2021 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any Canadian applicants here? Has anyone has any luck with taking the ADAT in Ontario? My exam keeps getting cancelled/rescheduled, and no one is able to tell me if the exam is actually being held or not.

From Ontario as well. Personally didn't take ADAT and took GRE+NBDE Part I only.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the instructions for sending the 2x2 photo to UT Houston? I know they require one but couldn't find if it should be emailed or mailed.

Did anyone apply to UCLA? Does the institutional evaluation count as a PEF? From their website it sounds like they want 5 LORs.
2 PEFs - not including the institutional evaluation. Then an additional 3 letters of recommendation. On top of this they also require an institutional eval. PEFs I believe are different from traditional letters of recommendation. Rather than ask 5 people, I asked some of those who had written PEFs to also write letters of recommendation on my behalf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the instructions for sending the 2x2 photo to UT Houston? I know they require one but couldn't find if it should be emailed or mailed.

You can email it. I had the same question so I contacted the school.

Hi everybody! Has anybody already submitted all of their applications? What did you do to get the dean's letter quicker and did you submit your application before you submitted the dean's letter? I have everything completed I am just waiting on the letter to submit but I don't want to be too late. We are technically still a month out from deadlines, but they say better early than right at the deadline!

Did Albert Einstein Medical Center pull out this year. I don't see anything saying this on the website, but I can't find them in PASS either. Anyone know?

Has NYU Langone closed permanently? Has anyone contacted them?

Did Albert Einstein Medical Center pull out this year. I don't see anything saying this on the website, but I can't find them in PASS either. Anyone know?
Yeah I was pretty disappointed with that too but looking at their site, it looks like they accept 3 residents a year for two years and then skip a year. So every third year, which happens to be 2020, they do not accept anyone. Not sure why that is but it says on their site "Applications are available in the late Spring of years 2021, 2022, 2024, 2025, 2027, etc."

As you can see, they skipped over 2020, 2023 and 2026.

Anyone know if schools aren't accepting INBDE and only accept NBDE?

For the schools that want a mailed copy of gre like LSU and temple, how does that work? I didn't even know ETS snail mailed copies. Am I understanding this wrong?

Dumb question but is the PASS ID that some programs ask for on their secondary the same thing as the CAS ID in the upper right hand corner of our ADEA PASS webpage?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Is anyone applying to Marquette University? They are non-PASS, YES-MATCH program. Does that mean they are not MATCH-exclusive since they are not participating in PASS and the other programs will reject me?

Hello,

Is anyone applying to Marquette University? They are non-PASS, YES-MATCH program. Does that mean they are not MATCH-exclusive since they are not participating in PASS and the other programs will reject me?
Nah, they're MATCH exclusive - you're good.

Programs that are considered NON-MATCH would violate the MATCH agreement. For example: University of Nevada Las Vegas, University of Alberta, Roseman University Health Sciences, Maimonides Medical Center, New York University Langone Medical Center, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles Division of Dentistry, University of Colorado school of dental medicine, Jacksonville University of Orthodontics, University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry, Western University of London Ontario, Seton Hill University Center for Orthodontics, University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentsitry, University of Puerto Rico school of dental medicine, Universite de Montreal, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Tri-Service Orthodontic Residency Program Air Force postgraduate dental school.

All of these programs would make you Match ineligible if the Match participating program makes you sign an agreement saying you will only apply to Match programs. Marquette is a Match participant. There are programs which don't participate in PASS which would be Iowa, Oklahoma, Marquette ect... They can still be apart of the Match program.

Can we submit our application to the schools before all of the 5 evaluations are done? Some of my faculty aren't done yet :/

Yup, you can submit your application and the PASS system will update when evaluations roll in.

Which do you think would be more important for gre scores; Higher numbers or higher percentiles?

My first test had higher numbers but lower percentiles and vice versa for my second on.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Programs that are considered NON-MATCH would violate the MATCH agreement. For example: University of Nevada Las Vegas, University of Alberta, Roseman University Health Sciences, Maimonides Medical Center, New York University Langone Medical Center, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles Division of Dentistry, University of Colorado school of dental medicine, Jacksonville University of Orthodontics, University of Toronto Faculty of Dentistry, Western University of London Ontario, Seton Hill University Center for Orthodontics, University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentsitry, University of Puerto Rico school of dental medicine, Universite de Montreal, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Tri-Service Orthodontic Residency Program Air Force postgraduate dental school.

All of these programs would make you Match ineligible if the Match participating program makes you sign an agreement saying you will only apply to Match programs. Marquette is a Match participant. There are programs which don't participate in PASS which would be Iowa, Oklahoma, Marquette ect... They can still be apart of the Match program.
Where did you get this information from? And applying to Canadian Universities would violate the agreement?
I thought that canadian universities for specializing were a separate entity and wouldn't be concerned in the non MATCH agreement, especially Montréal since it's French.

GRE scores, from my understanding, are really not very relevant. You need to have numbers that look decent which are above average and ideally 70% or above, but amazing GRE scores truly don't separate candidates. I would submit higher scores though.

Where did you get this information from? And applying to Canadian Universities would violate the agreement?
I thought that canadian universities for specializing were a separate entity and wouldn't be concerned in the non MATCH agreement, especially Montréal since it's French.

I'm not applying to Canadian Universities, so I would look closer but all of the waivers I have signed haven't stated US vs Canadian vs Mid-Atlantic. It simply states you are only applying to Match Programs which the Canadian programs don't participate in Match, so I am assuming that would violate a Match agreement. Granted, I don't know how a Match program would ever know exactly.

I'm not applying to Canadian Universities, so I would look closer but all of the waivers I have signed haven't stated US vs Canadian vs Mid-Atlantic. It simply states you are only applying to Match Programs which the Canadian programs don't participate in Match, so I am assuming that would violate a Match agreement. Granted, I don't know how a Match program would ever know exactly.
Some schools accept copies of unofficial gre scores and if you print from their site it will list all the schools you sent scores to. Other than that I'm not sure how they would know either.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

How many programs are you all applying to? What would be a "safe" number to apply to?
From residents/faculty I’ve talked to over the last few years, 18 is around the average. My recommendation is as many as you can afford.

From the MATCH 2017 reporting, the Avg was 14.7 for Ortho, so 18 sounds about right. From the avg of 14.7 there was an avg of 3.8 interviews offered by applicants, The MATCH statistics found that applying to more than 9 actually doesn't really increase your chances but it never hurts! If you get 4-6 interviews you have according to the data a 79% chance of matching.

Anyone know where to send Tennessee's supplemental materials? I cannot find an address and the only email on the website is the PD's.

I’ve sent my application yesterday and I don’t remember signing any waiver... which programs made you sign a waiver?
I know UIC wants match only , but they didnt make me sign anything (yet)

i was thinking of applying to only one Canadian one, but I guess I’ll give up on that idea...

I’ve sent my application yesterday and I don’t remember signing any waiver... which programs made you sign a waiver?
I know UIC wants match only , but they didnt make me sign anything (yet)

i was thinking of applying to only one Canadian one, but I guess I’ll give up on that idea...

Indiana, Ohio State, Iowa, UNC, VCU and Tennessee probably others are Match exclusive.

Hello everyone!
Please share information regarding the requirements for letter of Recommendation (LOR) in ADEA PASS Application.
Do we need LOR on Letter Head?
Thanks in advance.

Is it advisable to submit application after getting all evaluations? or is it ok to submit without having all evaluations? does this impact on the application?

Do any of the programs require official board results to be sent directly to them? Or do we just submit board results to PASS?
Of the schools I've applied to Harvard, VCU, UIC and Marquette all requested that I send an official report to them directly.

Any word on if interviews will end up being virtual this year? I have heard of several programs going virtual so far.

this could be possible, really? "When the results of the Match are released, information regarding positions that remain available is provided to applicants who are not matched."

Anyone know what the "Revised CV/Resume" documents in PASS are for and whats the purpose of it compared to the "CV/Resume" attachment?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if UOP wants our official board scores? It's not super clear online and I tried calling but there was no response. Thanks!

From the ones I know, most start out with some wire bending/foundational knowledge/ceph information but try to get you in seeing patients fairly quickly. Things are different with COVID but I know some people at some programs that have records on about 10 patients after a few weeks of starting the program.

Do you all think submitting 5 different LoRs (PEFs) in addition to the IEF is too much? I currently have 4 but some schools are very specific and want LoRs from certain faculty.

Do you all think submitting 5 different LoRs (PEFs) in addition to the IEF is too much? I currently have 4 but some schools are very specific and want LoRs from certain faculty.

I submitted 5 PEFs and was told that is fine!

Anyone know of any schools that need formal “letters” of recommendation sent as well as the PEFs?
Thanks
From what I’ve seen, UCLA and Montefiore require formal letters.

Any thoughts for Georgia School of Orthodontics - Hudson Regional Hospital / Orthodontics?
Very expensive. Started by the same guy who started OCA/OEC ortho programs...

Do you guys know how long it takes for NBDE 1 scores to show on your PASS account after you send them?

Anyone know if programs have extended interviews yet? I received one from OU on 6/18 but nothing else so far. Interview dates were either Oct 30th or Nov 6th.