Official 2018 COMLEX Level 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj2323

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's start this to help everyone out! For those who have taken it, any tips or advice on what you used and worked? If you don't mind, please post your scores and how long you studied for.

Members don't see this ad.

Genuine question for everyone on here. What gives with this comlex level II and am I royally screwed now?

DO fourth year and ortho hopeful currently out on auditions.

Comlex level I: 634
Step I: 230

Now,

Step II: 259 (Was very happy about this)
Comlex level II out today: 597.

I have been very disappointed today and kinda had the wind taken out of my sails.
Well done on the Step II increase! Good luck on those auditions.

Reactions: 1 users
Took it today. 4-5 biostat questions. Tons of OB. Tons of Peds. The OMM was all set up viscerosomatics and chapman points were useless. Lots of MSK. Lots of ethics. Uworld x2 didn't prepare me for that. My timing was garbage because the stems were enormous.

Expecting a 100 point drop from level at the very least.

Got a 690

Only a 7 point drop. Apparently I’m dramatic. So happy it didn’t go any lower.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
>835.

UWorld x1 throughout third year. Complete pass of all comquest COMATs. SUTM x0.75 during third year.

0.5x UWorld pass, plus combank OMM only during dedicated. No savarese.

>650 level 1.
>120 on all COMATs.
26X on CK.
Hi! Did you also take step one?

• Love
Long-time lurker here.

USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 - 250+
COMLEX Level 1 & Level 2 - 750+

I thought Step 2 / Level 2 was more difficult than Step 1 / Level 1. Mainly because there was more riding on the step 2 exams since I scored well on the first ones and I had an idea of what I wanted to go for. Also, there's no solid book to use to study for both exams. First Aid for step 1 I knew would prepare me well for both step 1 exams. No such book for step 2.

For Step 2 - UWorld x2, OME that's it. All the books were not helpful.
For Level 2 - UWorld x2, OME, Savarese, COMBANK & COMQUEST. COMBANK I felt was a waste of time. They focused on loads of esoteric things that made you feel stupid and study hard to memorize it, and then none of it tested on the exam. COMQUEST actually had a lot of random stuff which was useful for the test. I also thought the test questions were similar to COMQUEST both in content and question style. Ultimately, UWorld and OME did the best for preparing me for Level 2. COMQUEST filled in the "DO" parts of the exam, Savarese was perfect for the OMM part. My school gave an awesome outline of all the Counterstrain points, so that wasn't an issue for me either.

I thought Level 2 pulled a few questions that were very much Step 1 material - meaning, not really clinically relevant and you wouldn't expect to be on this exam - I wish I would have gone through Sketchy Micro again when I was taking the test. I don't know where this "heavy OB, weird bioterrorism questions, heavy cardio" stuff was coming from. At least, in my exam, I had no weird bioterrorism stuff. I did have EKG's, but nothing you shouldn't be able to read by the end of 3rd year, and the OB was reasonable. Definitely a few questions that I was clueless on, and a very simple stats question that for the life of me I couldn't answer correctly.

COMLEX Level 1: 580s
COMLEX Level 2: 540s

To those panicking about a score drop, if you have a USMLE score, I really doubt any programs will care unless you dropped like > 150 points or scored poorly (like < 500).

OMT really got me on level 2. Kind of brushed over it the day before and of course ended up getting like 70+ questions of just OMT material on the real deal.

Glad to have passed and moving forward to auditions and interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Step1/Level1: 232/730s
Step2/Level2: 248/760s

Felt way worse coming out of level 2 than level 1. Pleased with my improvement. Uworld Uworld Uworld. Threw in some zanki. Combank 1 week before test for OMM.

Level 1: ~660
Level 2:~650

OMM destroyed me as expected, but I unexpectedly got hammered by psych, normally one of my stronger subjects. Not too much of a drop although it's disappointing. Really wanted to break 700 just for pride, but I'll gladly take 250+ when I take Step 2 next week instead, haha. Best of luck to everyone this year! Nail those tests and auditions!

Awesome scores! Way to represent DOs! What are you applying for?

Long-time lurker here.

USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 - 250+
COMLEX Level 1 & Level 2 - 750+

I thought Step 2 / Level 2 was more difficult than Step 1 / Level 1. Mainly because there was more riding on the step 2 exams since I scored well on the first ones and I had an idea of what I wanted to go for. Also, there's no solid book to use to study for both exams. First Aid for step 1 I knew would prepare me well for both step 1 exams. No such book for step 2.

For Step 2 - UWorld x2, OME that's it. All the books were not helpful.
For Level 2 - UWorld x2, OME, Savarese, COMBANK & COMQUEST. COMBANK I felt was a waste of time. They focused on loads of esoteric things that made you feel stupid and study hard to memorize it, and then none of it tested on the exam. COMQUEST actually had a lot of random stuff which was useful for the test. I also thought the test questions were similar to COMQUEST both in content and question style. Ultimately, UWorld and OME did the best for preparing me for Level 2. COMQUEST filled in the "DO" parts of the exam, Savarese was perfect for the OMM part. My school gave an awesome outline of all the Counterstrain points, so that wasn't an issue for me either.

I thought Level 2 pulled a few questions that were very much Step 1 material - meaning, not really clinically relevant and you wouldn't expect to be on this exam - I wish I would have gone through Sketchy Micro again when I was taking the test. I don't know where this "heavy OB, weird bioterrorism questions, heavy cardio" stuff was coming from. At least, in my exam, I had no weird bioterrorism stuff. I did have EKG's, but nothing you shouldn't be able to read by the end of 3rd year, and the OB was reasonable. Definitely a few questions that I was clueless on, and a very simple stats question that for the life of me I couldn't answer correctly.

Level I: 647
Step 1: 244
Step 2: 247
Level 2: 751

School made me take a COMSAE and got 605 i think. Took COMLEX 8 days after step. Studied OMGOMT and did a few practice questions out of savarese.

Last edited:
Level 1: 52X
Step 1: 244
Level 2: 62X
step 2: 243

Didn't bother taking the COMSAE cause you can't even review it so no point also feel like they are so inaccurate. Just did Uworld 2x and onlinemeded.
UWSA 1: 241
Uwsa 2: 242

level 1: 742
level 2: 854

Uworld x2, First aid and savarese+combank omm is all you need. Best of luck to those still waiting for their scores.

Level 1-682
Step 1-248
Level 2- 683

Felt like absolute garbage walking out of comlex.educated guessed approx 75 percent. Keep the faith people

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth A.T. Still The Wise?

I thought not. It is not a story the M.D.s will tell you. It is an osteopathic legend. A.T. Still was a D.O. Lord so powerful and so wise he could use his hands to influence the interrelationship of structure and function. He had such a knowledge of the D.O. side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from somatic dysfunctions. The D.O. side of medicine is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful that the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually of course he did. He taught his apprentice everything he knew, but unfortunately his apprentice attempted cervical HVLA on him without testing for vertebral artery insufficiency. Ironic. He could save others from somatic dysfunction, but not himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Thought I'd contribute here:

675 for level 1 / 236 for Step 1

653 for level 2 / still anxiously waiting for step 2...

Feelings: I felt like I utterly *failed* level 2. I know people keep saying that, but I had a bone-fide feeling of "this is all going to hell" when I exited that testing center.

For step 2: I felt even worse...I'm still sitting here wondering what's going to happen if this turns out badly lol

Idk if I should be bummed about scoring lower, especially considering that I was starting to settle for just a "pass" after the emotions took their toll.

Applying for diagnostic radiology

Should mention:

UW first pass: 75%
UWSA1: 256
UWSA2: 245
NBME 8: 235 (this made me nervous)

No COMSAE's, just COMBANK day before test to refresh the mental gymnastics

Step 1 245
Level 1 674
Level 2 657 was hitting consistently higher on all of my practice tests than I did for level 1 and still did worse

This has been the worst 4 weeks of my life waiting for my score to come out. I felt absolutely awful coming out of this test, way worse than Level 1. Thanks to this thread and reading/comiserating with you all I survived.

Level 1 685
Level 2 810

Only resources were UWorld during 3rd year and a reset for a 2 week dedicated. Read parts of SUTM and annotated out of UWorld. Used sketchy because I was worried that the obscure micro from level 1 might show up again (I wasn't disappointed, thanks NBOME).

Good luck to all of you studying or waiting for your scores. With any luck the COMLEX might not be a thing for future generations!

Oh my gosh. Next week is upon us. Can’t stop replaying all those guesses in my head.
Dude, same here! Sooo nervous about next week like ughh. Hopefully the comlex gods are on our side. It's gonna be august 22nd - don't know why nbome even bothers giving a 2 day window when it always releases on the last day anyway.

@SurgDO2019 is rewatching sketchy worth it for level 2? In what way
That person got in the 800s. Sketchy didn’t get them there. It was probably a good fundamental understanding from working hard for comats as a third year. I had a handful of micro questions that I remembered from step 1 and I did no review of micro. Pharm questions aren’t MOA, they’re contraindications type questions. Uworld hits them. I got a 690 with nothing but Uworld.

Did you do comquest at all? If so, would you mind sharing your % on that? Congrats on the stellar score/ improvement on step/ level 2!!

Nah, just Uworld for questions with a COMBANK for OMM. Minimal amount of COMBANK before non-OMM questions right before COMATs and stuff.

and thanks! :)

Anyone know what the tendency is for the actual day of release for the COMLEX 2? I've seen a couple things saying Wednesday and others saying it came late. Allegedly it is supposed to come out either tomorrow or Weds for the next cycle.

Anyone know what the tendency is for the actual day of release for the COMLEX 2? I've seen a couple things saying Wednesday and others saying it came late. Allegedly it is supposed to come out either tomorrow or Weds for the next cycle.
Always assume last possible minute.

Yea. It will be tomorrow between 12-2 I bet. If it’s today I’d be really shocked. At this point I’m just trying not to puke and keep my IBS under control.

Level 1- 551
Level 2-707

For all y’all who weren’t stoked about your first round of exams keep your head up and work hard 3rd year. Happy with my score. Now waiting for the 29th for step 2!

First congratulations on all the scores and hard work everyone has put in to earn their scores! Most of the thread has students detailing their path to a top 25% score. I didn't start anywhere near there and wanted to make a post in case anyone reading this doesn't either.

I passed all of my COMATs (between 92 - 98 except Psych where I got a 120). Don't ask me how lol. Throughout third year I watched all of OnlineMedEd and completed the COMQUEST for COMAT question bank for each COMAT.

My study period for Level 2 was 8 weeks. For the first 4 weeks I signed up for a radiology rotation where I knew I'd be done around lunch every day and for the second 4 weeks I took my summer vacation. I completed DIT for Level 2 and 1400 COMBANK questions (score 62%). I also made one pass through Sketchy Micro (bacteria only) and watched the Emma Holliday videos right before my exam.

COMSAE A - 380 (6 weeks out)
COMBANK Level 2 CE Assessment 1 - 485 (3 weeks out)
COMSAE B - 470 (2 weeks out)

COMLEX 2 - 450
COMLEX 1 - 420

If you have any questions feel free to comment or send me a message! Congrats again to everyone and best of luck going forward!!

Reactions: 5 users
I didn’t have any dedicated time, took the test during rotations. Most comats were >112 except for two. Did uworld, combank. Crammed OME videos in a 1.5 month span.

Level 1: 578
Level 2: 676

Level 1 - 629
Level 2 - 580

Only had 3 weeks to study for both level 2 and step 2. Kind of bummed about the drop. Applying to mostly ACGME EM programs so hoping they will overlook the drop. One week til step 2 score releases. Congrats to all those who rocked this test, it definitely was vaguely written.

COMLEX Level 1: 604

COMSAE Form A Level 2CE: 564 (5 days out)
COMATs ranged from 99-110 throughout the year

Basically three weeks of "dedicated" but I was still on required rotations for school... so no official time off to study.

Uworld once throughout the year, reset and got through 15% before. COMBank 3 weeks before. OMGOMT 3 weeks before.

COMLEX Level 2CE: 653

I is happy. I applaud y'all and cheers to our futures as physicians.

Level 1: 765
Step 1: 250

Level 2: 752
Step 2: ??? (August 29th, feel ****ty about it still)

For level 2 used ONLY uworld x1 (once during third year), green book, viscerosomatic chart/ chapman chart during dedicated and got above 110 on every comat but ob/gyn... cause I dont like it.

Likewise, during third year read the following books during their respective rotations (1 month rotations at my school for the most part): pestana for surgery, case files IM/ a little bit of SUTM for cards and pulm areas, case files OB-gyn, FA for pysch (highly recommend), FA step 2 ck pediatric chapter/ developmental milestone chart from FA step 1, parts of FA Step 2ck for Family med/ AAFP bulletins/ USPTF guidelines (SUPER HIGH YIELD PLAYERS!). Also each rotation completed the respective COMQUEST comat qbank questions +a few combank questions for each rotation subject listed. Oh and UWORLD scattered in over the year.

ALL IN ALL with uworld x2 (one of those passes was during third year, another with dedicated), comquest comat qbanks, and combank scattered about, plus american academy of family practice board questions (about 300.. they short), I completed close to 8,000-9,000 questions total my third year.

I tried reading SUTM and FA Step 2ck for dedicated... but they sucked and doing questions was about all I could muster.

NBME 8: 244
COMSAE D: 800 or something like that
UWSA1: 255
UWSA2: 260

TLDR: do hella questions and make sure you do uworld x2 and LEARN FROM UWORLD.

Reactions: 1 users
COMLEX Level 1: 626
COMLEX Level 2: 676

USMLE Step 1: 246
USMLE Step 2: ????

Both years, I've taken STEP first, then COMLEX a few days later (always walked into COMLEX feeling burnt out and just ready to be DONE!)
I am excited about the bump in my COMLEX score because I honestly don't remember the majority of how my test day went.

Just got my results back Wednesday as well. Despite some random questions, it felt like an easy exam, which had me pretty worried. My prep consisted of some UWorld throughout third year, and again during dedicated for 3 weeks (68% correct), and a quick once-over of OME. Read through savarese the day before.

Level 1: 651
Level 2: 672

Step 1: 234
Step 2: XXX

Took level 2 July 16, didn't get a score back as scheduled. I emailed NBOME and they told me my exam had been randomly selected for Quality Assurance testing. Anybody else been pulled for QA? Any guesses how long my score wiill take?

Took level 2 July 16, didn't get a score back as scheduled. I emailed NBOME and they told me my exam had been randomly selected for Quality Assurance testing. Anybody else been pulled for QA? Any guesses how long my score wiill take?

You scored so crazy high you set the curve fam .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What?? They can do this? I'm counting on having my score by Sept 15...

Took it August 30. Some weird laws and obscure micro. Not a lot of viscerosomatics and Chapman points. Lots of sacrum and some random counterstrain. 2 cranial qs. Test was fair, mix of gimmes and random questions that no amount of studying could prepare me for. Definitely know vaccination schedules and what demographic gets which vaccinations. Lots of cardio. Glad it’s over. 540 level 1, hoping for 600+, but honestly have no idea.