Official 2019 COMLEX Level 2 CE Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathoTurnUp1865

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this hasn’t been started yet, so I thought I’d start it.
Already took step 2 and got a 235, I take level 2 towards the end of July. Yeah I know wtf? But that’s how I live life. Plan is to complete Uworld a third time, complete combank and comquest as well as kaplan if time allows and who knows maybe I’ll just complete Amboss too if I’m feeling frisky. I’m keeping up with all of my anki decks in the mean time.
Anybody have any insight into what the new format is going to be like? Also, wtf happened to combank’s format? The seemed to try to clean it up but it still sucks compared to the others :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Level 1 - 456 (ouch)
Level 2 - 573

Hoping the improvement will better my chances for EM! :)

Good luck everyone! Side note, I got my score yesterday around 6PM

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Level 1 - 456 (ouch)
Level 2 - 573

Hoping the improvement will better my chances for EM! :)

Good luck everyone! Side note, I got my score yesterday around 6PM

I would think the almost 120pt increase would definitely not hurt lol! Nice work!

Level 1 <690
Step1 <250

Level 2 <780
Step 2 <270

got my score around 6 eastern last night. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
COMLEX Level 1: 622
COMLEX Level 2: 714
COMSAE Phase 2 Form D before studying: 547
COMSAE Phase 2 BSA 103 a couple weeks before test: 682
COMQUEST 3-digit prediction: 738

Did all of COMQUEST and COMBANK Q's and most of Kaplan Qbank
Watched Kaplan high yield videos and online med ed videos
Did COMQUEST and COMBANK and online med ed for COMAT's along the way too

COMLEX Level 1: 622
COMLEX Level 2: 714
COMSAE Phase 2 Form D before studying: 547
COMSAE Phase 2 BSA 103 a couple weeks before test: 682
COMQUEST 3-digit prediction: 738

Did all of COMQUEST and COMBANK Q's and most of Kaplan Qbank
Watched Kaplan high yield videos and online med ed videos
Did COMQUEST and COMBANK and online med ed for COMAT's along the way too
Congrats! What was your comquest percentage/percentile?

Nope. It’s super frustrating. I was July 6th. I just want to know if I passed at least

Seriously. It’d be nice to know what goddamn time they release the scores atleast. They are so lazy it’s not even funny. How hard is it to hit a button that uploads all of our scores. Gotta be kidding me. Atleast NBME gives us a date and a time they release their scores.

Hey NBOME, if you’re reading this... PLEASE RELEASE OUR SCORES

B8603AB7-1A9E-418B-B751-30012571384F.png

50 point drop on this bull**** exam from COMLEX 1. Hope step 2 went much better or looks like I’m stuck on the FM train! Whoop whoop!

• Sad
Dropped from level 1, seems like a common occurrence this year. Fingers crossed step 2 goes better!

What a joke of an exam

Last edited:
  • Angry
My score dropped nearly 100 points from level 1. I can't believe it, I only passed by like 15 points and my practice tests were in the 550+ range. My COMATs were all 100+ except one was mid 90s. The one test that mattered I bombed. And I didn't take the USMLEs

This is super concerning for me, I want to go into pediatrics. Do I need to apply FM too. Am I even going match? This is crazy, I have no idea what happened

• Angry
Level 1: 619
Level 2: 721

Only used UW to prep. Did OMM the day before with combank but school drilled it into us pretty good the first 2 years.

My score dropped nearly 100 points from level 1. I can't believe it, I only passed by like 15 points and my practice tests were in the 550+ range. My COMATs were all 100+ except one was mid 90s. The one test that mattered I bombed. And I didn't take the USMLEs

This is super concerning for me, I want to go into pediatrics. Do I need to apply FM too. Am I even going match? This is crazy, I have no idea what happened
Mine were similar. Was scoring ~550, ended up barely over 500. Pretty bummed

• Sad
  • Angry
Level 1 670s
Level 2 660s
Step 1 240s

Looks like a lot of people’s level 2 scores dropped. Pretty annoying NBOME. Congratulations to all those who passed and who saw a score increase!!!

Posting to give some hope to those with lower stats:

Level 1: 445 (80 lower than COMSAE)
Level 2: 587
BSA 101: 495 (3-4 weeks out)
BSA 102: 645 (a few days out)

Reactions: 3 users
Went up 40ish points from level one! Finally broke the 500 barrier after an awful level one! So happy!
481 level 1
524 Level 2
Comsae 104 was a 485 a few weeks before

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I know for the step, 20 point increases is considered good, but what kind of a score increase is considered a good for the level? I went from 488 to 540 and I am not sure what to make of it.

These threads always helped me so I'll join in.

Level 1: 569
Level 2: 779
Step 1: 235
Step 2: pending

Comquest predicted 3 digit score was 689
Truelearn full length practice test predicted 690

Went through Uworld once through 4 months before my exam on all random and timed. Went through 1000 questions from true learn and comquest also in those 4 months to prepare for the comlex. On my weak subjects, I used master the boards. Didn't touch OMED or any other resource.

Did not take any of the new comsae's because they weren't standardized and wouldn't have meant anything to me about how prepared I was.

Reactions: 4 users
Step 1: 239
Step 2: 245

COMLEX 1: 588
COMLEX 2: 473 (wtf)

COMATs: 103, 109, 111, 113, 120, 94 (OPP), 93 (OB)

Saw the level 2 score and almost fell out of my seat. Wanting to go to an academic IM program, hopefully the score drop doesn’t raise any eyebrows. Still baffled...

• Angry
Dang.. the variability on here has me on the edge of my seat.. Oh well, got 12 days to go until next batch of scores released.

Hopefully helping out the underdogs here...

Level 1: 491
Level 2: 498

Literally came out of the exam thinking I could have legitimately failed and avoided checking my score for 2 days out of fear that I did fail. Honestly just glad I passed and hope it'll be okay for Psych :/

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder want the sample size was to base this mean and score off of. Probably pretty small right? Like it’s based off of 2 test cycles so there’s gotta be a confounding bias (I.e. gunners take it early). Seems to me there’s a flaw somewhere. Comquest had me at >600, comsaes at 550 and real thing was 500-520. So... something doesn’t add up lol

from several of my classmates who took the test during the last grading cycle, it seems like a decent number of people have had score decreases from level 1. is this something you guys have experienced too?

I rarely see lower scores represented, so I thought I’d add mine for a point of comparison for all the lurkers out there who (like me) who aren’t the greatest test takers.

Level 1: <450 (but passed first attempt)
Level 2: 522

BSA101: 469 (1 week out)
BSA102: 513 (2 days out)

Reactions: 5 users
from several of my classmates who took the test during the last grading cycle, it seems like a decent number of people have had score decreases from level 1. is this something you guys have experienced too?

Yup - quite a few drops from level 1 to level 2 in this thread.