*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who got Upenn interview invitations, did you guys call into the admin office to schedule interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello there! Did you call the number that was provided? For some reason, I was not able to get a hold of anyone. Also, by the way, what are the interview dates options?
Yep, I called the number that they provided. If they don't answer, I would leave a message and I'm sure they'll get back to you at their earliest convenience. I'm not too sure about their interview dates, but I believe September is completely full.

Yep, I called the number that they provided. If they don't answer, I would leave a message and I'm sure they'll get back to you at their earliest convenience. I'm not too sure about their interview dates, but I believe September is completely full.
Hello there! Thank you so much, and yeah, I think you are right. They are sending out October interview dates. Did you receive a date confirmation with them after you scheduled an interview?

Hello there! Thank you so much, and yeah, I think you are right. They are sending out October interview dates. Did you receive a date confirmation with them after you scheduled an interview?

I called to schedule my interview and haven't received a date confirmation yet... makes me a little nervous. I tried emailing to confirm but I haven't gotten a response yet. I know they're supposed to mail out more information about the interview so maybe they'll send the confirmation then?

Just got an email back saying that I was confirmed the date that I scheduled. When they receive the confirmation form, I'll be notified by email again. Sorry for replying twice, hope this helps and I hope this is a busy week for interview invites :)

Just got an email saying I was deferred from Iowa. But I did get supplementals from UF and LECOM the other day

Stats for future reference in case anyone wants to know
21 AA/19 TS/18 PAT/19 BIO/20 GC/23 OC/25 RC/19 QR
3.68 sGPA, 3.9 oGPA
FL resident

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email back saying that I was confirmed the date that I scheduled. When they receive the confirmation form, I'll be notified by email again. Sorry for replying twice, hope this helps and I hope this is a busy week for interview invites :)
How long after the phone call did you get a confirmation email? I called to set up a date last Friday but never received an email. Thanks!

Does everyone get a supplemental application when they apply?

How long after the phone call did you get a confirmation email? I called to set up a date last Friday but never received an email. Thanks!

I had emailed them last Friday, 9/1 to confirm my interview date because I was nervous that it was scheduled over the phone. Today I got a response back saying that my interview was confirmed when I made my call and that I will receive another email when they receive my confirmation form (not exactly sure what that is). It seems like everyone will get an email, but I'm not sure when that'll be. I just reached out on my own because I was too nervous lol! Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #4
School: VCU
Application Complete: 07/21
Notification date: 09/01
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: VA
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/18/24/none
DO you know of any hotels in Richmond that are close to the school, that are reasonably priced. Since the interview is over 2 days I will have to stay overnight in the area. Any help is appreciated.

Interview #6 & 7

School: MWU-IL
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/05
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/(none below 17)

School: Colorado
Notification date: 9/5
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/05
Application complete date: Unknown
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/(none below 17)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
DO you know of any hotels in Richmond that are close to the school, that are reasonably priced. Since the interview is over 2 days I will have to stay overnight in the area. Any help is appreciated.
I stayed at the Hi Richmond hostel for $30 a night if you don't mind a shared room. It was a ~20 minute walk to the school.

He got a 25 AA as well @artist2022

He posted it in his last interview post.

Edit: oops haha I also thought you were talking about BioTic

In his DAT breakdown he didn't post his individual scores nor TS/AA soo..

I only ask because there is a group of 7 or so of us that took the DAT but e submitted at different times. It has been interesting to see how some schools have a certain pattern of when interviews can come. I'm just curious of when he e submitted.

Wow! That's amazing.
Hahahahaha you're the one he's talking about with the 25AA! :p No one knows what BioTic got on his DAT (unless he of course PM'd), but I'm sure he'd tell you when he submitted lol.

Congrats on your interviews by the way! I'm anxiously waiting for mine (although I did submit a month after you did lol-8/24).

Hahahahaha you're the one he's talking about with the 25AA! :p No one knows what BioTic got on his DAT (unless he of course PM'd), but I'm sure he'd tell you when he submitted lol.

Congrats on your interviews by the way! I'm anxiously waiting for mine (although I did submit a month after you did lol-8/24).

The waiting really sucks. Even when you already have interviews. I have noticed that for the most part, schools do indeed look at applications in around the same order that they were received. I have a friend with similar DAT and GPA that e-sumbmitted about 3 weeks before I did and he received and interview about 2 weeks before me. Another submitted about a week and a half before me, and for 2 interviews I've gotten an invite in about a week or less following his.

I don't think he'd prefer to say lol.
lol you're right but you made it sound like I got some bad stats. I submitted my app little over 2-3 weeks ago as well so I know I won't be hearing back for a while. You and I also have the same TS smartass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: oops haha I also thought you were talking about BioTic

I only ask because there is a group of 7 or so of us that took the DAT but e submitted at different times. It has been interesting to see how some schools have a certain pattern of when interviews can come. I'm just curious of when he e submitted.
About 3 weeks ago mate.

Interview #2:

School: Colorado
Notification date: 09/05
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/08
Application complete date: 06/27
GPA (science, overall): s3.78, o3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/20/24 (none below 17)

Reactions: 1 users
If I submitted my app with all supplementals by June 2nd and had completed or under review status by every school before the start of July, when is it reasonable to start panicking that I haven't heard back from 20/23 schools I applied to ?

If I submitted my app with all supplementals by June 2nd and had completed or under review status by every school before the start of July, when is it reasonable to start panicking that I haven't heard back from 20/23 schools I applied to ?
Im guessing October. Most schools are wrapping up their interviews by October. A few more weeks and hopefully you'll get lots more. It all depends on your stats though. I still have 2 schools I'm waiting to hear from hoping for an interview. I'm not gonna get anxious for another week or two.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

lol you're right but you made it sound like I got some bad stats. I submitted my app little over 2-3 weeks ago as well so I know I won't be hearing back for a while. You and I also have the same TS smartass.
Wow I guess you're still a little sore about the "simple math" from that post lmao :laugh: Good for you then. My post didn't imply bad or good, I even posted your own breakdown so that cduran could get an idea geez.

Wow I guess you're still a little sore about the "simple math" from that post lmao :laugh: Good for you then. My post didn't imply bad or good, I even posted your own breakdown so that cduran could get an idea geez.
Misunderstanding sorry. Plus I wanted to call you smartass twice in one week so...

I really expected a lot of activity after Labor Day.

Reactions: 14 users
Interview #1!

School: Roseman
Notification date: 9/5
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/13
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.08, 3.16
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23 / TS 24 / PAT 21 / RC 20 / none

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I think because schools can see everyone's applications at the same time, they will send out fewer interview invites, but to more people when they do.
Yes, I think it's different this year because they got rid of "batches"

This is me too rn lol

What do you mean they got rid of batches?
Everything is online, no more literal paper files, just click your name and open your PDF file at any convenient moment, files are received instantly upon submission rather than after weeks of traveling through postal service and being processed etc

Reactions: 2 users
Me RN: Nice! I wonder if anyone has the same stats as me! *sees everyone here has a 24 dat, slowly backs out of thread*

Reactions: 15 users
School: Harvard
Notification date: 07/03/17
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Texas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/17
Application complete date:6/1/17
GPA (science, overall): sGPA-4.0, oGPA- 4.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA: 28, TS: 30, PAT, 30, Reading: 28, Does it look like I have a section under 17? kek
Harvard dental school here you come!

I honestly wouldn't really "panic" till after January is over. I might start to worry by early/mid November but there are many schools that still interview past Dec. Also keep in mind that someone with good stats might interview at 5+ schools and get accepted to all, but they can only attend 1. This can mean more opportunities to get an acceptance past Dec if you have already interviewed and more chances to get an interview in general, if you have not yet received one.

Reactions: 4 users
I honestly wouldn't really "panic" till after January is over. I might start to worry by early/mid November but there are many schools that still interview past Dec. Also keep in mind that someone with good stats might interview at 5+ schools and get accepted to all, but they can only attend 1. This can mean more opportunities to get an acceptance past Dec if you have already interviewed and more chances to get an interview in general, if you have not yet received one.
I believe this is happening now that batches are gone. Schools can pick out the 4.9/27AA applicants as others get trapped in the funnel. Could be a lot of overlap acceptances among the "cream-of-the-crop."

Interview #1
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 9/6
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19
Application complete date: 8/19 (DAT scores processed then)
GPA (science, overall) 3.51, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 23 / TS 25 / PAT 22 / RC 18/ none

Reactions: 7 users
You guys are on fire! I'm glad to see people are getting those interview invites. Good luck!!

I have yet to hear anything from any of my schools. My heart races every time I get an email, but it always turns out to be spam. Sadness.

Reactions: 9 users
Interview #1 and #2

School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: 7/20
Residency: MI
Application completion date: 6/30
AADSAS submission date: 6/21
GPA (science, overall) 3.52, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/22/22/none

School: UDM
Notification date: 7/24

I feel so blessed to even have ONE interview. OMG God is great

INTERVIEW #2 !!!
School: Roseman
Notification date: 9/06/17
Method of notification: E-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15/17
Application complete date: 6/29/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.50, 3.38
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/18/18/ BIO 17/ QR 16 :shrug:

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #5
School: University of Pennslyvania
Notification date: 09/05
AADSAS Submitted: 6/25 (Supplemental submitted 7/25)
Coursework Verified: 7/6
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.45, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/20/no

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.