*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes u feel better, Im in the exact same boat as you!!! I took mine on the 19th as well and am STILL waiting for the official score to be uploaded :nailbiting:. Hopefully we still have a good chance at getting interviews ...
Taking the DAT in July is perfectly fine as long as you got a good score. There are plenty of people taking it in August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
STFU I GOT AN INTERVIEW!

School: UNLV
Notification date: 08/09
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.02 for both (but 3.98 for the past 2 years)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/22/none but 19 QR

Interview Date: 10/20

Reactions: 19 users
Interview #1
School: UB
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS submission date: 7/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.47, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21/20/18/21/none

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1

AADSAS Submission date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.58, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 19/18/18/22/Bio is 17

Interview #1

AADSAS Submission date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.58, 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 19/18/18/22/Bio is 17

Congrats on your interview! Is UB boston or buffalo?

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to UB, Case, Michigan, UConn, Columbia, New England, Pitt, and Stony Brook.

None of the schools would accept unofficial. I remember having to go in and request for my DENTPIN to connect with my official scores via email in order to turn the status of all of the schools to "complete/under review"

Hope this helps :)

You went in to your AADSAS account and requested it? Or your ADA account? Thanks for replying!!

Interview #2

School: Ohio State
Notification date: 08/09 (5:44 p.m.)
Method of notification: call
Residency: Ohio
Application complete date: 6/05
Materials verified/complete: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/18/none

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #2 (#1 is Case Western)

School: Ohio State
Notification date: 08/09 (4:43 p.m.)
Method of notification: call
Residency: Ohio
Application complete date: 6/23
Materials verified/complete: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/18/none

2nd Interview

School: Columbia
Notification date: 08/07
Residency: MO
Application complete date: 6/23
Materials verified/complete: 6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.99
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/22/23/none

Interview #1

School: MUSC
Method of notification: phone + email
Residency: SC
AADSAS Submitted: 06/08
Coursework Verified: 06/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/22/none

Interview #1

School: MUSC
Method of notification: phone + email
Residency: SC
AADSAS Submitted: 06/08
Coursework Verified: 06/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/22/none

Just curious what'd you get on your science sections of the DAT? So far you have the exact same scores as me lol. I also applied to MUSC but I'm OOS.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview #1

School: NOVA Southeastern
Notification date: 07/27
AADSAS Submitted: 6/25
Coursework Verified: 7/6
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.45, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/20/no

Interview #2

School: UCSF
Notification date: 08/02
AADSAS Submitted: 6/25
Coursework Verified: 7/6
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.45, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/20/no

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious what'd you get on your science sections of the DAT? So far you have the exact same scores as me lol. I also applied to MUSC but I'm OOS.

Bio 22/ OC 22/ GC 26

But I think it will be far more competitive being OOS. Also, they are only doing early interviews right now for in-state applicants who have expressed interest in practicing in SC when they're finished with school.

Bio 22/ OC 22/ GC 26

But I think it will be far more competitive being OOS. Also, they are only doing early interviews right now for in-state applicants who have expressed interest in practicing in SC when they're finished with school.

That's interesting I had 22Bio 27OC and 22GC. Any idea when OOS interviews start.

Interview #1

School: Case Western
Notification Date: 7/20
Residency: MI
AADSAS submitted: 7/5
AADSAS complete/verified: 7/5
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none

Interview #2

School: University of Detroit Mercy
Notification Date: 7/24
Residency: MI
AADSAS submitted: 6/28
AADSAS complete/verified: 7/5
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none

I applied to Penn, Columbia, Harvard, Temple, Maryland, and Rutgers. I don't think any of them accept unofficial scores.
I don't know about the other schools but Penn accepts the unofficial scores. The dean of admissions even told us to fax/email unofficial scores to speed up our application as a pointer.

Any1 knows what it means to not get an interview from a school that's offering interviews? I applied pretty early to Case Western but no news from them....

Any1 knows what it means to not get an interview from a school that's offering interviews? I applied pretty early to Case Western but no news from them....

Same here. I'm just going to assume we're not their first pick. Rolling admissions, so they're still waiting for a majority of the apps to come in and have only given the first wave of interviews. Good news is on the way!

I'm also here still waiting from all my schools. Hopefully we'll get before the summer ends. I thought with my scores (22AA) I'd be in the first batch but I guess not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Same here. I'm just going to assume we're not their first pick. Rolling admissions, so they're still waiting for a majority of the apps to come in and have only given the first wave of interviews. Good news is on the way!
No I wouldn't necessarily say that. Since applications are electronic now, schools get them all at once instead of waves. Therefore, they don't necessarily look at them in the order in which you submitted. They might just start pulling apps randomly and invite people as they review their app.

I'm also here still waiting from all my schools. Hopefully we'll get before the summer ends. I thought with my scores (23AA) I'd be in the first batch but I guess not.

Yup. My grades above average so I'm surprised as well.

Yup. My grades above average so I'm surprised as well.

It's not all about stats. Many apply with great stats. Have a friend who is a D1 and has a 4.0 and a 24 and got one interview. Its about the whole app imo.

Interview #1 First Interview Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re-applicant

School: MOSDOH
Notification Date: 8/8
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6
Application complete date: 6/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.25
Post-bacc GPA: 3.9 (38 credits)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/24 None below 17
How much did the postbac bring up ur overall gpa?

It's not all about stats. Many apply with great stats. Have a friend who is a D1 and has a 4.0 and a 24 and got one interview. Its about the whole app imo.

You're friend had
1) an awful application
2) applied to very few schools
That is HIGHLY untypical.

Interview #6. Rutgers! OOS-midwest.

22AA 23TS 28PAT. 3.85cGPA, 3.9 BCP GPA

No I wouldn't necessarily say that. Since applications are electronic now, schools get them all at once instead of waves. Therefore, they don't necessarily look at them in the order in which you submitted. They might just start pulling apps randomly and invite people as they review their app.
Woah this is news to me. Could you explain a bit more on this please? There's no 'batches' anymore?

Woah this is news to me. Could you explain a bit more on this please? There's no 'batches' anymore?

No, as soon as you hit submit, your app can be accessed by dental schools electronically. There are no more batches.

Also, many people don’t know this but, once you start adding schools to your app, they can start accessing your information and send you emails if your agreed to the “Pre-submission Release” on AADSAS. It’s the very first question that they ask.

“By answering Yes, you authorize ADEA AADSAS to release your name and contact information to your designated programs BEFORE you submit your final application. This will allow your designated programs to send you important information about the local admissions process before you complete your application.”

AADSAS was updated to where once you submit, your app is automatically available for all schools to review. So basically schools are just pulling apps viewing them and deciding what to do. No waves, no batches. Everyone seems to be a bit psyched out that some schools have sent out interviews and they haven't gotten any. I think everyone should be patient. Every school will send out more interview invites and you'll get interviews if your app is good.

I still didnt receive any emails for supplementals or fees from west va, howard, nova, lecom, and case western eventhough I submitted like a week ago. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Rejected from mwu-az
Notification date: 08/11
oGpa: 3.66 sGpa: 3.71
Dat scores: aa 19, ts 20, gc 21 oc 21, pat 18, bio 18, rc 18, qc 16

:( I feel defeated and like I wont get into anywhere.

Rejected from mwu-az

I got a rejection from them too and I understand how you're feeling. (My GPA is ~3.4, aa21, ts 21, gc 19, oc 24, pat 21, bio 20, rc 20, qr 23) try to be patient, you have good stats I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. Do you have a lot of experience?

I got a rejection from them too and I understand how you're feeling. (My GPA is ~3.4, aa21, ts 21, gc 19, oc 24, pat 21, bio 20, rc 20, qr 23) try to be patient, you have good stats I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. Do you have a lot of experience?
I have 140 hours of shadowing and 1000+ volunteering

Yeah, I have ~200 hours shadowing and ~500 hours clinical experience as a dental hygienist. I've also worked part time as an assistant and shadowed both of my parents (who are both dentists, I did not include these hours in the 200).

They told me I needed more shadowing. Go figure. You should ask them why they rejected you.

Yeah, I have ~200 hours shadowing and ~500 hours clinical experience as a dental hygienist. I've also worked part time as an assistant and shadowed both of my parents (who are both dentists, I did not include these hours in the 200).

They told me I needed more shadowing. Go figure. You should ask them why they rejected you.
Who do I ask?

You have that much clinical experience and a school told you that you need more shadowing? That's really surprising I only have around 120 hours of shadowing and I have 3 interviews so far

Interview #1

School: NOVA Southeastern
Notification date: 08/2
Residency: FL
AADSAS Submitted: 7/1
Coursework Verified: 7/8
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.72, 3.67 (3.89 bcpGPA)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/17/QR 21

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected from mwu-az

I got an interview invite from them and only have 100ish hours of shadowing, that kind of seems to me like they're just giving you a token response. DAT and GPA and shadowing are all important, but a lot of schools have something specific in mind they're looking for too and you may just have not matched up with that. If you go back through the thread, several other people with better and worse stats than me got rejected by Midwestern. I also got insta-rejected by UCSF, and so did other guys a couple pages back with a 23 and a 26 on their DAT. Your stats are good enough that I'm sure you'll be getting some invites soon.

How much did the postbac bring up ur overall gpa?
About 0.2 points. But during each semester of post bacc I have been working full time, volunteering, and school full time as well. So I think balancing all those things and performing well is what may have landed me the interview. Hope this helps.

You have that much clinical experience and a school told you that you need more shadowing? That's really surprising I only have around 120 hours of shadowing and I have 3 interviews so far
I also thought it was surprising.
I got an interview invite from them and only have 100ish hours of shadowing, that kind of seems to me like they're just giving you a token response. DAT and GPA and shadowing are all important, but a lot of schools have something specific in mind they're looking for too and you may just have not matched up with that. If you go back through the thread, several other people with better and worse stats than me got rejected by Midwestern. I also got insta-rejected by UCSF, and so did other guys a couple pages back with a 23 and a 26 on their DAT. Your stats are good enough that I'm sure you'll be getting some invites soon.
thanks! I really hope you're right, I'm starting to get very anxious. I havnt gotten any interviews yet.

I still didnt receive any emails for supplementals or fees from west va, howard, nova, lecom, and case western eventhough I submitted like a week ago. Is that normal?
I just received an email to submit a supplemental fee two weeks ago from howard and I submitted my application in early July. Nova sent me an email literally the next day. I would talk to nova because I've heard that they're really fast as far as getting in touch with people.

Interview #2

School: Boston University
Notification date: 8/11
Method of notification: Email 11:22 am
AADSAS submission date: 6/30
Supplemental fee received: 7/21
Application complete date: 8/7 (forgot official transcript lol)
GPA (science, overall) 3.75, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/23/none

I submitted my application 7/14 and got the supplemental email from LECOM 7/25, and from Howard 7/26 so normal with those two schools.

Interview #1 SOOO EXCITED!

School: Boston University
Notification date: 8/11
AADSAS submission date: 7/22
Supplemental fee received: 7/26
GPA (science, overall) 3.71, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/22/none below 20

Status
Not open for further replies.