*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are all you people submitting so quickly when you couldn't even formally request a letter through the portal until June 1st? Are you all submitting before the Profs upload your letters?

I had interfolio account and asked them right after the fall 2015 semester. All my letters were sent by the first week of may.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I just had my LOR write the letters, and told them to submit on June 1.

How are all you people submitting so quickly when you couldn't even formally request a letter through the portal until June 1st? Are you all submitting before the Profs upload your letters?
You can submit before they submit the letters. 95% sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Under professional experience, does it matter what order we list our activities? I listed them from oldest to newest but I read on one of the forums that it's supposed to be by importance...? any ideas?

Meh, I don't think order matters although I personally went in chronological order. You can always put your most important ones on the coversheet if you want to highlight them.

Meh, I don't think order matters although I personally went in chronological order. You can always put your most important ones on the coversheet if you want to highlight them.
great, that's what I did too. thank you!!

Under professional experience, does it matter what order we list our activities? I listed them from oldest to newest but I read on one of the forums that it's supposed to be by importance...? any ideas?
Does not matter

Reactions: 1 user
I'd highly reconsider applying to a single school, especially a school that isn't even your state school.

Hi! I appreciate your opinion! I just moved to Colorado ~ 5 months ago from Arizona. I plan on establishing residency here. We have no state schools in AZ, only private. I love the Colorado school and feel it is a good fit for me! So I'll keep my fingers crossed and if I don't get in this year I will reapply more broadly next year

Lol you do you, but I feel like that's a huge risk since you haven't even taken your DAT yet and it's a pretty competitive school.

I am feeling good about it :) gotta risk it for the biscuit! I'll keep you posted. Good luck this cycle!

P.S I don't know where you're from but over on the West Coast quite a few of our states do not have dental schools. If you are a resident of these states you need to apply for the WICHE program...it ups your chances for state schools that participate and assists with funding

how long does it usually take AADSAS to receive your transcript and inform you that they got it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, the thread is for posting when you submit/get verified/etc. There's a dedicated thread for all these questions! The purpose of the thread is to be able to scroll through and see what's happening with everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
fill in the app over July, then in October when my app was ready to be sent and my scores were verified
Does it take this long to verify your GPA? I thought it takes about two weeks for them to verify it

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/6/16
Reapplicant?: Yes

DAT Taken: 05/25/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/9/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/1/16
Transcript(s) Received: 6/6/16
GPA Verified: 6/9/16

Date Application Mailed: 6/24/16
Batch #: TBD

Residency: MI
Schools Applied To: Michigan, UDM, MWU-IL, Indiana, LECOM, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Marquette, CWRU, NYU, Western, UOP
GPA and DAT: 3.4, 22AA/22TS/20PAT

Last edited:
Is it a problem if the processing center received my transcript but my application hasn't been sent?

It is a problem as you've already been answered in another thread, which question you then posted on this thread 20 minutes after..after previously being redirected to the other thread for questions.

Reactions: 2 users
It is a problem as you've already been answered in another thread, which question you then posted on this thread 20 minutes after..after previously being redirected to the other thread for questions.
:beaver:

So do i need to attach that form and send it with my transcript? or can i request my transcript just to be sent to them? Since i dont live close to the school i go to it would be an even longer process to mail them that form just to attach it.

Just so everyone knows, they updated my thing saying they received my transcript! It was updated today, the 8th, but says it was received on the 6th. I overnighted the transcript from Utah on the 2nd in the morning, so theoretically it was there on Friday and they didn't open it until over the weekend.

Stupid thing to be excited about, but there it is!

Just so everyone knows, they updated my thing saying they received my transcript! It was updated today, the 8th, but says it was received on the 6th. I overnighted the transcript from Utah on the 2nd in the morning, so theoretically it was there on Friday and they didn't open it until over the weekend.

Stupid thing to be excited about, but there it is!

Yeah, I shipped mine from Utah (regular shipping though) and they said they got it on the 6th but just updated it today. So now we wait for the GPA review I suppose!

I sent my transcript June 1st, still not received..anyone else like this?! Or should I send transcripts again?

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/3/16
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 8/28/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 9/11/2015

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/3/16
Transcript(s) Received: TBD
GPA Verified: TBD

Date Application Mailed: TBD

Residency: NY
Schools Applied To: Rutgers, Boston University, Columbia, Uconn, Maryland, Upenn, University of New England
GPA and DAT: 3.47 oGPA, 24 AA /25 TS

Last edited:
My transcript also appeared as received today. I sent it out 6/1 and the date says received 6/6

I also sent mine in on the first and have not gotten a response. I think even when they receive it, it takes them some time to update it. Don't sweat it, it is still early in the game. :)

Another update, my GPA was officially verified as of a minute ago. =). It's pretty much spot on with how BYU calculates it.

Not that this REALLY matters, but does anyone have a list of schools that calculates GPA without +/-? My science GPA without + or - is 3.81, but with it's 3.66 haha. Overall would rise to a 3.74 without from a 3.65.

Also, I'm not sure if this is important or not but it says my GPA will be provided to my schools within two weeks. This may just apply once batches have already gone out, but it also may mean the first batch will go out within 2 weeks?

LAST EDIT I SWEAR. I just got two emails from ohio state telling me that my aadsas application is complete, thanking me for applying, etc. How do they know I'm applying if the batch hasn't been sent?

Last edited:
Another update, my GPA was officially verified as of a minute ago. =). It's pretty much spot on with how BYU calculates it.

Not that this REALLY matters, but does anyone have a list of schools that calculates GPA without +/-? My science GPA without + or - is 3.81, but with it's 3.66 haha. Overall would rise to a 3.74 without from a 3.65.

Also, I'm not sure if this is important or not but it says my GPA will be provided to my schools within two weeks. This may just apply once batches have already gone out, but it also may mean the first batch will go out within 2 weeks?

LAST EDIT I SWEAR. I just got two emails from ohio state telling me that my aadsas application is complete, thanking me for applying, etc. How do they know I'm applying if the batch hasn't been sent?

One of schools emailed me the same thing and wanted me to pay the supplemental fee. I don't think they really received my application though.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/9/2016

DAT Taken: 02/20/2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 03/09/2015

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/6/2016,
Transcript(s) Received: 06/15/2016
GPA Verified: 6/24/2016

4 Letters uploaded: 2 from Chemistry profs, 1 from work supervisor, 1 from dentist

Date Application Mailed: 7/1/2016
Batch #: 2

Residency: International (non-Canadian)
Schools Applied To: 24 schools (I know what you're thinking, but consider the fact that I am a non-resident)
GPA and DAT: oGPA 3.58, sGPA 3.52, AA 24, TS 22, PAT 21

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/7/16

DAT Taken: 04/19/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 05/6/2016
Recc Letter - 4 (biochem, psych, physics, and dentist)

Transcript(s) Submitted: Both of them 06/1/2016 and 06/4/2016
Transcript(s) Received: 1st of them 6/7/2016. 2nd : 6/8/2016
GPA Verified: 6/13/16

Date Application Mailed: N/A
Batch #: I'll update

Residency: MI
Schools Applied To: UDM, UoM, Louisville, Midwestern, Roseman, LECOM, Case Western
GPA and DAT: 3.75 science, 3.91 nonscience, 3.75 BCP and 20AA, 20TS, 20PAT

Last edited:
Batches are utter nonsense.

That's fine, but has nothing to do with the question. I was under the impression that schools didn't get any of your info until they send the official batch. And apparently I'm wrong. What does a batch actually mean then? What information do they get before the actual batch?

That's fine, but has nothing to do with the question. I was under the impression that schools didn't get any of your info until they send the official batch. And apparently I'm wrong. What does a batch actually mean then? What information do they get before the actual batch?
It's the date you e-submitted your application. That's all it is. Who knows how they gather their information. That's why I said batches are nonsense.

BU also told me thanks once I hit esubmit last year but before my application was officially mailed. Who knows how it works

Reapplicant?: Yes (4th and last time)
DAT Taken: 10/2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 11/2015

Transcript(s) Submitted: N/A (pre-populated from previous cycle)
Transcript(s) Received: N/A (pre-populated from previous cycle)

2 of 3 Letters Requested have been Submitted

Residency: NJ
Schools Applied To: 16 schools

GPA and DAT: undergrad GPA 3.5, graduate/post-bacc GPA 3.9 (M.S. w/ thesis & 2 publications) | 19AA/19PAT/22RC/nothing below 17

Reactions: 1 users

GPA and DAT: undergrad GPA 3.5, graduate/post-bacc GPA 3.9 (M.S. w/ thesis & 2 publications) | 19AA/19PAT/22RC/nothing below 17

Your GPA and DAT ranges are within reason even before the graduate/post-bac GPA. I can't believe you didn't get thrice.

Props to you for keep trying. I really hope you get in!

Last edited:
Well, I pulled the trigger...

AADSAS Application E-Submitted
: 6/9/16

DAT Taken: 5/13/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 5/26/16

Transcript(s) Received: 6/6/16
GPA Verified: 6/20/16

Batch #: Probably 1st but doesn't matter

Residency: NE
Schools Applied To: Creighton, UNMC, Iowa, UMKC, Minnesota, Colorado, Marquette, UIC
GPA and DAT: 3.71 oGPA 3.64 sGPA 3.61 BCP and 21AA

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 7/1/16

DAT Taken: July 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Will Update

Transcript(s) Submitted: 6/2/16
Transcript(s) Received: (1) 6/13/16 (2) 6/18/16 (3) 6/27/16
GPA Verified: 7/13/16

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: 6/1/16
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: 6/1/16

Date Application Mailed: 7/15/16

Residency: Private
Schools Applied To: Private
GPA and DAT: cGPA ~3.54, sGPA 3.33, DAT TBD (fudging numbers slightly for anonymity)

Last edited:

Good luck, I hope you get in this time!!!

Hey guys how long does it take for the GPA to be verified? they got my transcripts today (6/10). Also anyone know how long after the verification process, the actual app is mailed out?

Hey guys how long does it take for the GPA to be verified? they got my transcripts today (6/10). Also anyone know how long after the verification process, the actual app is mailed out?
4-6 weeks

Mine were received 06/06 and they were verified 06/09. I got an email saying mine will be mailed in 2 weeks

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/10/16

DAT Taken: Oct 23 2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 11/04/2015
Retake 7/26/16

Transcript(s) Received: 6/10/16
GPA Verified: Will Update

Date Application Mailed:
Batch #: #

Residency: CO
Schools Applied To: 19 schools
GPA and DAT: cGPA ~3.3, sGPA ~3.2, DAT 18

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/3/16

DAT Taken: 5/25/16
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 6/09/16

Transcript(s) Received: 6/6/17 (2), 6/8/16 (1)
GPA Verified: 6/16/16

Batch #: 1

Residency: Indiana
Schools Applied To: Indiana, UMichigan, Case Western, ULouisville, UKentucky, and Midwestern Illi.
GPA and DAT:
cGPA 3.66, sGPA 3.59,
DAT (PAT/QR/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS/AA): 20/19/22/23/20/23/22/21

School Decisions: first noticed "under review" status on 7/23/16

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/06/16

DAT Taken: 08/10/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 8/27/15 (retaking 6/30)

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/01/16
Transcript(s) Received: 06/09/16
GPA Verified: 06/17/16

Date Application Mailed: July 1 latest
Batch #: #

Residency: IN
Schools Applied To: Indiana, UofMich, tOSU, Lousville, Kentucky, Marquette
GPA and DAT: 3.74 sGPA and oGPA, (3.77 sGPA 3.8 oGPA no +/-)Retaking for the sake of Bio

Last edited: