*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can we submit the application if the marks have not been finalized (for this past year) and we cant request our transcripts until the end of june? Or do we need to wait to submit?
If I understand you correctly I would wait to receive your grades if they can be all up by the end of June. I am taking summer classes that have grades that will be up at the last week of June, so I am waiting to e-submit until then so they are on my application and included in my GPA. I am though taking the "match form" in early to my registrar office and asking if they will send out the transcript as soon as grades are posted so it's ready to go. I think it depends on your preference.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so two questions:
1.) When we enter AP credits: I have NO idea what to put for the grade. It says to put the exact grade that appears on my transcript, which for me is "EM" for "credit by examination." This doesn't appear anywhere, CR (credit) seemed closest but still isn't exactly what's on my transcript. HELP please :(
2.) For "position title" in the section about dental experience... do we write "shadowing" or something? I didn't do anything besides shadow and volunteer, so I'm not sure what other options we could write there.

Thanks y'all, good luck!

For the position title you could put observer or something along those lines. The other I would call ADEA AADSAS to see what they say.

when adding the coursework, there are some terms I am not sure about:

Summer I --- would that be summer A?
Summer II ---- would that be summer B?

if so, under which classification could I put a class taken during summer C?

Also, I took English comp 2 in a regular term for 8 weeks, would that be interim?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll start. Officially pressed submit about 5 hours ago.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1, 2016
Reapplicant?:No

DAT Taken: May 19, 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: June 2, 2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1, 2016
Transcript(s) Received: June 6, 2016 (This was updated on the 8th)
GPA Verified: June 9, 2016

Date Application Mailed: June 24, 2016
Batch #: 1, I guess

Residency: CA
Schools Applied To: UNLV, UCLA, University of Utah, University of Michigan, The Ohio State, Roseman, Creighton, and University of Colorado
GPA and DAT: BCP - 3.68, Science - 3.66, Non-Science 3.64, Total- 3.65, 22 (21 TS, 20 PAT, 22 QR, 27 RC)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Will Update

Transcript(s) Received: Will Update
GPA Verified: Will Update

Date Application Mailed: Will Update
Batch #: Will Update

Schools Applied To: UNLV, UCLA, University of Utah, University of Michigan, The Ohio State, Roseman, Creighton, and University of Colorado
GPA and DAT: 3.6, 22
:highfive:

When is the last day to submit and go in the first batch?

How do we request DAT scores have already taken sent o AADSAS? Thank you

You don't do anything it's automatically done.

Thank you. I talked to one of the member of AADSAS yesterday via the phone. I was told to contact ADA to have my official score sent to AADSAS office.

I took my DAT last summer. I created my dental application yesterday. My DAT has not been uploaded to my account yet. Can you clarify this for me?

Thank you. I talked to one of the member of AADSAS yesterday via the phone. I was told to contact ADA to have my official score sent to AADSAS office.

I took my DAT last summer. I created my dental application yesterday. My DAT has not been uploaded to my account yet. Can you clarify this for me?

Are you a re-applicant? If so, the scores should be transferred over into your current application. I was wondering the same thing but then I checked my official scores tab and it said my scores were received last year so they should be there.

Are you a re-applicant? If so, the scores should be transferred over into your current application. I was wondering the same thing but then I checked my official scores tab and it said my scores were received last year so they should be there.

No. I am not a re-applicant. This is my first time applying

No. I am not a re-applicant. This is my first time applying
It can take up to a month for scores to be uploaded. I'm not sure though because you didn't have an AADSAS account when you took the test. Call the ADEA again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

You won't see your actual scores. You should see the date they uploaded which would be a few weeks after you took your test as long as you selected a few schools to send them to when you initially registered to take the DAT. if you didn't select any schools when you registered then you will need to "manually" have them sent.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Reapplicant from last year here. Do i need to resubmit my transcripts? When I click transcripts it says it was already received with the date of last year listed....There is no update on my transcript from last year so should I resubmit one again this year???

Reapplicant from last year here. Do i need to resubmit my transcripts? When I click transcripts it says it was already received with the date of last year listed....There is no update on my transcript from last year so should I resubmit one again this year???

Hey, i'm also a reapplicant. i called today with the same question and they said that as long as there have been no updates, we don't need to submit transcripts again.

Does anyone know if Undergraduate Research in Chemistry is considered a Chemistry course? Or is it Other science/non-science. Also, the same for holding a teaching assistant in organic chem if I got credit. (is that a science course?

DAT Taken: July 31, 2015
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Yes

Residency: OH
Schools Applied To: University of Colorado, OSU, UMich, UPenn, Harvard, UConn
GPA and DAT: 3.85 (3.8 Sci), 24AA/24PAT

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 2, 2016

DAT Taken: Will take July 5th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: No

Residency: AZ
Schools Applied To: University of Colorado
GPA and DAT: 3.84, ??

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 2, 2016

DAT Taken: Will take July 5th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: No

Residency: AZ
Schools Applied To: University of Colorado
GPA and DAT: 3.84, ??
you applied to 1 school?

DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Will Update

GPA and DAT: 3.6, 22
with those stats/residency why no SF? UoP? Expensive private like Roseman over Western, in your own state?

I'd highly reconsider applying to a single school, especially a school that isn't even your state school.

Reactions: 1 users
2017 Professional Experience Questions if anyone can help:

I've seen on previous threads that you are supposed to list your professional experiences in order of what you consider most important. I can't seem to find this published anywhere. I entered mine in order of oldest to most recent. However, being it is in place of a resume wouldn't it make most sense to list it in order of most recent? There isn't an option to move anything around so I'm going to have to retype everything.

For previous applicants: What did you guys do? Am I over thinking this?

Thank you all in advance!

2017 Professional Experience Questions if anyone can help:

I've seen on previous threads that you are supposed to list your professional experiences in order of what you consider most important. I can't seem to find this published anywhere. I entered mine in order of oldest to most recent. However, being it is in place of a resume wouldn't it make most sense to list it in order of most recent? There isn't an option to move anything around so I'm going to have to retype everything.

For previous applicants: What did you guys do? Am I over thinking this?

Thank you all in advance!
Just list them. You're over thinking it. If you feel more comfortable doing it most recent to oldest, do that.

you applied to 1 school?

with those stats/residency why no SF? UoP? Expensive private like Roseman over Western, in your own state?

It's mostly cost driven. The only one you listed that matters for being a ca resident is SF. Even with in state sf is stupid expensive with the cost of living there.

As far as western, it's in Pomona which is an okay place but is 10 minutes from my mother in law.

Uop is too expensive but I suppose with it being a 3 year program it might even out. I'm considering adding one more school. Hopefully it's just the 99 bucks and not the 300.

I like Roseman program and have family there..and my wife has a job in that area already.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Undergraduate Research in Chemistry is considered a Chemistry course? Or is it Other science/non-science. Also, the same for holding a teaching assistant in organic chem if I got credit. (is that a science course?
I would call AADSAS

If my school uses 4.0, 3.5, 3.0 for the grading system that is on my transcript, would I just put 4.00, 3.50 etc into the numerical grade option in coursework? Does it matter that instead of 4.0, the application system makes it a 4.00?

I'd highly reconsider applying to a single school, especially a school that isn't even your state school.
This. Unless her mom/dad is the dean of Colorado's dental school

Do dental schools care whether a science course was taken in person or online?

Do dental schools care whether a science course was taken in person or online?
Most prefer it to be in person. I would check if you are allowed to fulfill a prereq (assuming we are talking about one) online with each school. I made sure to get written permission from MWU AZ before I started mine.

I mean on my transcript, it doesn't specify whether or not is was taken in person or online. Would schools know otherwise?

And none of my prereqs (gen chem, orgo, bio, and physics) were taken online. Some classes that were online included physio, biochem, psychology

Sorry to be a bum, but this isn't the thread to ask questions about the AADSAS. There's already a dedicated thread for it, and it would be nice to be able to scroll through this thread and see everyone's stats and stuff without all the fluff.

Sorry to be a bum, but this isn't the thread to ask questions about the AADSAS. There's already a dedicated thread for it, and it would be nice to be able to scroll through this thread and see everyone's stats and stuff without all the fluff.
Could you attach the link to that thread? Thank you!!

is there a specific address to send the official transcript?

If my school uses 4.0, 3.5, 3.0 for the grading system that is on my transcript, would I just put 4.00, 3.50 etc into the numerical grade option in coursework? Does it matter that instead of 4.0, the application system makes it a 4.00?
I went to MSU as well and they said to put in 4.00 for 4.0, etc. since it's the same thing.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/2/16
Reapplicant?: No

DAT Taken: 12/29/15
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 1/12/16

Transcript(s) Submitted: All four of them.. 6/2
Transcript(s) Received: Between 6/6 and 6/10
GPA Verified: 6/17

Date Application Mailed: 6/24/16
Batch #: I don't even know what this is to be honesto_O

Residency: MA
Schools Applied To: Tufts, BU, UConn, Pitt, UPenn, Louisville, Oregon, Uni of Pacific
GPA and DAT: 3.5 and 20AA

EC's!
60+ hours volunteering with the blind and veterans
CDA
Have worked for over 5 years totaling over 4,500 hours of experience between pedi, general, and ortho :)

Last edited:
I mean on my transcript, it doesn't specify whether or not is was taken in person or online. Would schools know otherwise?

Hey, once entering a class there is a classification portion that says Distance learning/Online Course. I took one class online and put it under this classification, even though my transcript did not specify. Anyways, if you want to double check, I would contact advisor or AADSAS. Best of luck!

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1st, 2016

DAT Taken: February 20th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Canadian - DAT scores mailed to individual schools.

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1st 2016
Transcript(s) Received: Update soon
GPA Verified: Update soon

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: June 1st, 2016
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: June 1st, 2016

Date Application Mailed:
Batch #:

Residency: Ontario (Canada)
Schools Applied To: CASE, CRE, IND, MQT, MWU-IL, NYU, USN, RSDM, BUF, CONN, UDM, UL, MYD, MIN, NEB, UNE, UNC, OKL, PENN, PITT, USC, UOP, VCU, WVA, TEMP
GPA and DAT: 3.4uGPA (strong upward, 2.75, 3.2, 3.7, 3.9) 4.0 gGPA (4 publications) 22AA 20TS 26 RC 21 PAT

Canadian...so applied to pretty much anywhere that might consider taking me...not feeling too hopeful, but good luck to you all. :)

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: 6/4/2016

DAT Taken: 05/19/2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: 06/02/2016

Transcript(s) Submitted: 06/01/2016
Transcript(s) Received: 06/06/2016
GPA Verified: 06/09/2016

Date Application Mailed: 06/24/2016
Batch #: 1?

Residency: UT
Schools Applied To: Utah, Harvard, Oregon, Colorado, USC, Washington, UCLA
GPA and DAT: 3.97 and 25 AA

Last edited:
AADSAS Application E-Submitted: June 1st, 2016

DAT Taken: February 20th 2016
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Canadian - DAT scores mailed to individual schools.

Transcript(s) Submitted: June 1st 2016
Transcript(s) Received: Update soon
GPA Verified: Update soon

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: June 1st, 2016
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: June 1st, 2016

Date Application Mailed:
Batch #:

Residency: Ontario (Canada)
Schools Applied To: CASE, CRE, IND, MQT, MWU-IL, NYU, USN, RSDM, BUF, CONN, UDM, UL, MYD, MIN, NEB, UNE, UNC, OKL, PENN, PITT, USC, UOP, VCU, WVA, TEMP
GPA and DAT: 3.4uGPA (strong upward, 2.75, 3.2, 3.7, 3.9) 4.0 gGPA (4 publications) 22AA 20TS 26 RC 21 PAT

Canadian...so applied to pretty much anywhere that might consider taking me...not feeling too hopeful, but good luck to you all. :)

How are all you people submitting so quickly when you couldn't even formally request a letter through the portal until June 1st? Are you all submitting before the Profs upload your letters?