Official 2014-2015 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love letter from UPMC!

Members don't see this ad.

Please I need emergent advise: How would you rate the following programs?
Univ of Minnesota, UT Houston, UT San Antonio, Rutgers New Jersey School of Medicine??
thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone hear back from Albert Einstein Philly, Thomas Jefferson U or Drexel U?

Did anyone hear from Lahey clinic in MA? Thanks,

I almost had a stroke, not being able to log in. And it is probably a rejection. Funny guys, horrible internet.

Members don't see this ad :)
no eras till tomorrow morning aka no rejections today...

i did, 2 of them from uva, it is probably a rejection

Ibreceivedvrejection from UVA today. Hope u guys get calls

a little suspense thriller, some emotions over what most likely is going to be a dismissive rejection. Like if you haven't heard from me or from my secretary, then I apologize, but we have many qualified applicants this year, etc muhahaha

Reactions: 1 user
It was pretty interesting to see what people think of the Texas Med Center programs. I can say most of this ranking between them is ridiculous. I know UT fellows that are really happy. I think most people in TMC have a lot of respect for everyone else .... everywhere has their strengths and pretty much everyone realizes that.

Realize the programs are COMPLETELY different. It's like trying to compare apples / oranges. My advice find what what fits best with your life / career.

I can say there are plenty of smart people at any of the TMC programs and more pathology than most places will ever see. You will leave any TMC program well trained.

INTERVIEW! You will know if you fit in and the program will help you accomplish your career goals.

There is a good thread with actual content comparing Texas cards programs I suggest people check out if they have questions.

Good luck all!

Just wanted to give my two cents. I recently interviewed at BCM. I really like the program. BCM now owns 35% of THI. BCM fellows do part of their rotation at St Luke's (THI's hospital). For me, having interviewed there, the only negative things are: they take a lot of internal applicants and two, Houston is hot! BCM is a great program and I will be happy to do my fellowship there.

Thanks to cook county for the pdf attachment email you must download before reading that you were rejected.

Just wanted to give my two cents. I recently interviewed at BCM. I really like the program. BCM now owns 35% of THI. BCM fellows do part of their rotation at St Luke's (THI's hospital). For me, having interviewed there, the only negative things are: they take a lot of internal applicants and two, Houston is hot! BCM is a great program and I will be happy to do my fellowship there.

Fellow at THI. BCM owns 0% of THI. They own 35% of St. Luke's and THI is a separate entity within St. Luke's. BCM fellows do not scrub with THI attendings. And I agree with methcards, the Texas Medical Center is an amazing place to train. Interview and see where you fit in the best.

anyone willing to switch an IV date for Henry Ford, mine is 10/27, I have a conflict, PM if you are able to, thanks

Rej Henry Ford, Kettering,
IV U of Nevada, Winthrop

Rejections:
Uni of Louisville 10/18.
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts 10/17
Baylor / St Louis, Kettering 10/16

Rejections:
Uni of Louisville 10/18.
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts 10/17
Baylor / St Louis, Kettering 10/16

Same rejections here.
Any interview from now will likely be from cancellations
Is there anyway to increase our chances of being called ?
Should we email programs?
Or have pds or cards faculty make calls ?
Is it time to start calling ?

Same rejections here.
Any interview from now will likely be from cancellations
Is there anyway to increase our chances of being called ?
Should we email programs?
Or have pds or cards faculty make calls ?
Is it time to start calling ?

Got same rejections and invite from Kettering,OH. I did send some emails and this can't hurt. Neither calling your favorite places. GL

Anyone knows about St John Detroit program? Do they sponsor H1B visa?

Guys what are the most common interview questions in cardiology fellowship. Can you please share your experience.

Guys what are the most common interview questions in cardiology fellowship. Can you please share your experience.

why cardiology
why this program
what are your future plans
what questions do you have for us?

IVs: Danbury Hospital, St. Elizabeth Boston

St. Elizabeth said in their letter that they are not accredited because the IM program is on probation...thoughts?

Fellow at THI. BCM owns 0% of THI. They own 35% of St. Luke's and THI is a separate entity within St. Luke's. BCM fellows do not scrub with THI attendings. And I agree with methcards, the Texas Medical Center is an amazing place to train. Interview and see where you fit in the best.
Thanks for the correction. BCM own 35% of St Luke's and not THI.

Thanks for the correction. BCM own 35% of St Luke's and not THI.
Fellas, seems like situation in Houston is pretty confusing!
Has anyone interviewed at Methodist this year though? They barely have 20 faculty members, although many of them are great at what they do. Overall as a program, how are they doing these years?
Clinical exposure- ?interventional ?LVADs/ECMO (I know no transplants) ?EP. Is imaging their biggest strength? I am guessing that fellows remain confined to the Methodist (unlike BCM, THI, etc)
Research- Clinical (anything other than multicenter trials?). I am guessing nada for basic science/ translational. Also, I know they have a residency program. Any students?

St. Elizabeth said in their letter that they are not accredited because the IM program is on probation...thoughts?
They said "on probation because of IM", have no idea how much it reflects them. Will see after IV.

Hi Everyone, Quick question

I am trying to register with NRMP. They have asked for USMLE ID number and an ECFMG ID number. As far I know I think they are one and the same. Please correct me on this. Are they 2 different numbers or are they the same.

Thanks

Just to update
Case western, LIJ IV last week

Is Houston Methodist strictly J1 or have they made exceptions for h1 in past?