Official 2008 Rank List Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. Scott and White
2. Oklahoma
3. Vandy
4. UTMB
5. UTSW

Members don't see this ad.

so now that all our lists are in does anyone know how we find out where we matched. I know on the 17th we get an email about whether we have matched or not...but on the 20th do we get an email from the nrmp? They said the results would be posted at the website at 1 pm...but they said the same thing about the osteopathic match and many of my friends got emails at 8 am from the programs. anyone know? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Mayo Rochester
2. Wisconsin (Madison)
3. Wake Forest
4. UVA
5. Iowa
6. Penn State
7. U Chicago
8. Pitt
9-16. I really hope not.

1. UNM (c)
2. UAB
3. UNM (a)
4. Oklahoma
5. Scott & White
6. UTMB
7. Wake Forest (a)
8. Wake Forest (c)
9. Tucson
10. San Antonio

Hopefully won't have to go past #5.
Good luck everybody

so now that all our lists are in does anyone know how we find out where we matched. I know on the 17th we get an email about whether we have matched or not...but on the 20th do we get an email from the nrmp? They said the results would be posted at the website at 1 pm...but they said the same thing about the osteopathic match and many of my friends got emails at 8 am from the programs. anyone know? thanks

The result will be posted at 1 pm at NRMP. However, if you matche into only an advanced position, you can call in and find out your program on 17th because you need the info to look for places to do your internship.

1. UAB
2. NYU
3. Columbia
4. Yale
5. Vandy
6. Emory.....

1) mgh
2) ucsf
3) columbia
4) brigham
5) penn
6) cornell
7) nyu
8) stanford
9) bid
10) yale
11) ucla

good luck to everyone..hope you all get your first choices..

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Its time the prince join this tread.
1. Brigham
2. Umiami (adv)
3. Michigan
4. Umiami (cat)
6. Cleveland clinic
5. Vandy Cat
6. Mayo Jax
7. IU
Blah blah
Hey OU you an ex hospital corpman

1.UCLA
2.UCSF
3.USC
4.UCI
5.UChicago
6.Northwestern
7.NYU
8 and below dont really care for

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else have the feeling that these are going to be the longest three weeks of your life? i don't know if my liver can take it....

to make matters even worse, there's an extra day thrown in there thanks to leap year!

my liver has no chance. I'm just hoping my sub-i in gi next month (which I'm dreading to start with - an entire month of medicine rounds... Haven't done that in a year, but better get used to it!) will be enough to keep me from totally succumbing to alcoholism. If I see enough yellow people spewing blood from both ends, that will probably moderate how hard i hit the bottle...

you know, I'm not even that worried about matching or whatever (knock on wood!), but the waiting just pisses me off! How slow is this computer system that it takes weeks and weeks and weeks... (i know, big job, but still...)

I just want to KNOW! I can slack off way more on my impending medicine rotation if I know I won't be interning there next year - haha! (kidding - I have fantastic work ethic...)

1 Mayo-Rochester
2 UTMB
3 UVa
4 Baylor
5 Oklahoma
6 Wisconsin-Madison
7 UT-Houston
8 Hopkins
9 UT-San Antonio
10 Kentucky
11-14 The rest of 'em

In a way, I'm glad we have some time - 3 weeks to pack up all the $hit I've been filling this house up with for 6+ years (so I can sell the thing) may not be enough.

So will the letter/email on the 17th say whether we matched into a categorical or advanced program? ie - if you only ranked one categorical or only one advanced, you could possibly know where you matched on that Monday if it says which.

So will the letter/email on the 17th say whether we matched into a categorical or advanced program? ie - if you only ranked one categorical or only one advanced, you could possibly know where you matched on that Monday if it says which.

If you ranked an advanced program #1 and matched into a prelim off of your supplemental rank list for that program, on the 17th your e-mail will simply say you matched. If you matched just at an advanced program but not a prelim, you'll get an e-mail stating that you matched into an advanced program. You can call the NRMP and find out the city your advanced program is in for the purposes of the Scramble.

Hope that helps...

1. BIDMC
2. Stanford
3. Columbia
4. U of Chicago
5. UCSD
6. Cornell
7. U Washington
8. Wash U
9. Pitt
10. UW-Madison
11. Michigan
12. UVa

hopefully I don't have to go past #12!

1. Mayo - Rochester
2. JHU
3. UNC
4. UAB
5. UTSW
6. UPMC
7. UF
8. BID
9. U of C
10. CCF
11. U of Rochester

My #1 and #2 stayed the same throughout the process but the weather here in Michigan this winter really bumped those remaining 'northern' programs wayyyy down. That said, I think I'll be happy just to match!

1. Mt. Sinai
2. NYU
3. RWJMS
4. SLR
5. St Josephs
6.St Vincents
7. NJMS
8.Monte
9 -12 hope we dont go there

1. Mayo - Rochester
2. Stanford
3. OHSU
4. Northwestern
5. UCLA
6. University of Michigan
7. Virginia Mason
8. Dartmouth
9. UW- Madison
10. MGH

I am definately more nervous about getting my first choice after seeing four others with it first and 5 others with it second (yes... I am counting...).

Best of Luck to everyone! Only 20 more days to go!

It's great to see so little overlap in our top choices!

I've seen more than one person with Mayo-Rochester as their #1. Uh oh.:oops: Now I'm freaked. Oh well, what can we do? Its out of our hands and into presumably a very powerful APPLE computer. We don't want VISTA screwing this up! Good luck everybody! :luck::

Wow! Yeah, I am nervous too. Too many people with Mayo Rochester as their number 1. I guess we better all hope that we're high on the list! :(

I would like to thank you all for your dis-interest in the Chicago programs. I really appreciate it. :)

20 days TWENTY DAYS!

You guys do know that Mayo is in Rochester MN, right??? I hope you all get your first choice, and I hope you're all already married :)

1. Ohio State
2. Cincinnati
3. Kentucky
4. University of Illinois Chicago
5. Case UH
6. Cleveland Clinic
7. Louisville
8. Pitt

You guys do know that Mayo is in Rochester MN, right??? I hope you all get your first choice, and I hope you're all already married :)

I did get an interview there, so yeah, I am fully aware of the fact that this excellent top-tier program is in Rochester, MN. And, no, I'm not married, but I do have 3 boyfriends. Good luck ya'll! :luck:

-Britney

It turns out that it is not difficult to meet single, good-looking people in Rochester...and what's better is that many of them have a lot going for them (e.g. they work for IBM, are doing research at Mayo or are in medicine, themselves).

1. Baylor
2. Stanford
3. BID
4. Brigham
5. UT-Houston
6. Emory
7. Vanderbilt
8. UTSW
9. UTMB
10. UTSA
11. Cornell
12. Yale

Best of luck to all my propofol playas! :cool:

It turns out that it is not difficult to meet single, good-looking people in Rochester...and what's better is that many of them have a lot going for them (e.g. they work for IBM, are doing research at Mayo or are in medicine, themselves).

unless you're a homo then you're screwed, or not screwed rather

Meaning being a single gay guy in Rochester will most likely be no fun despite the comment about there indeed being "eligible" "singles" in the area .

I used the rank list to its maximum

1. JHU
2. Mayo-R
3. Mayo-S
4. Penn
5. Yale
6. Columbia
7. Brigham
8. Stanford
9. UCSF
10. MGH
11. Columbia
12. Cornell
13. Georgetown
14. Michigan
15. Duke
16. Cedars
17. UCSD
18. Cedars
19. Virginia
20. Rush (my worst case scenario back up, anyone can get in there)
so i guess the Orioles season tickets trumped the IBM stock options offered by mayo for best offline perks...

didn't mean to de-rail the thread and make it an argument about the merits of Rochester!

Those of you who like it, great. Be glad some people don't, 'cause we won't be taking your place there! :)

so i guess the Orioles season tickets trumped the IBM stock options offered by mayo for best offline perks...

I'm glad somebody posted that thread about the offline perks - I asked about them at every interview after that. It was good to see who wanted you the most!

the pussycat has claws...

please don't start this $&!+ again!!!!

It is the summer home in Chesapeake bay and use of a sailing boat plus use of my Aunts home plus 3/4 private school scholarship over country club membership and hunting trips over country club membership and free rides on a plane whenever the attending goes to mexico or san diego.

I would ask you to tell me yours but....

Hopefully this ends here.

bowrofl.gif

summer homes are perfect for all those july holidays residents are able to take
hsughno.gif

anyway, best of luck with the match

thank you that was very kind and gentlemen like of you. If you have any other questions feel free to email me at

I would be happy to hear from you.

Cheers,

Coop
how very nice of you to post my e-mail address. i'll be sure to post any e-mails i get that are intended for you :)

to any mods, i would appreciate an edit to remove my personal information from the board. if this isn't proof of blatant trolling, i don't know what is.

by the way, why would you rank rush over wake, especially since you had such nice things to say about it...

very-cute-puppy.jpg

mini_dog_07.img_assist_custom.jpg

Puppies.jpg

cutie7.jpg

1155-3003~Golden-Retrievers-Puppies-Posters.jpg

4-cute-puppies-wallpaper-640x480.jpg

Can't we all just get along?

-copro

the pussycat has claws...

please don't start this $&!+ again!!!!

It is the summer home in Chesapeake bay and use of a sailing boat plus use of my Aunts home plus 3/4 private school scholarship over country club membership and hunting trips over country club membership and free rides on a plane whenever the attending goes to mexico or san diego.

I would ask you to tell me yours but....

Hopefully this ends here.

I'm guessing then that U Arizona, UNM, UTSW and Tulane didn't offer as many offline perks since you didn't decide to rank them...

I'm guessing then that U Arizona, UNM, UTSW and Tulane didn't offer as many offline perks since you didn't decide to rank them...

how CUTE a double team.....

:laugh: it appears you're surprised by your own transparency

don't forget to add UT-Houston to the list of programs that didn't make the rank list...

I think we need more puppies. There must not have been enough

more puppies

I would reply to your continual mocks and attacks but I am hoping the MODS will stop you since I think you have stalked me enough.

I think we need more puppies. There must not have been enough

more puppies

I would reply to your continual mocks and attacks but I am hoping the MODS will stop you since I think you have stalked me enough.
:laugh: clicking "find past posts" is nowhere near being in the same league as searching for my e-mail address via my school's directory then posting it on here for all to see. who's the stalker? :laugh:

calling out your trolling doesn't get people banned. posting personal information just may.

puppies

adorable-puppies.jpg

more puppies

look how nice they get along

puppies_1.jpg

how CUTE a double team.....

Not double teaming per se. I was just surprised at how different your ROL looked compared to the program reviews you posted. You must have gone on so, so many interview trips... Yikes! :eek: