Official 2008 Rank List Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lane

Passing gas
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our predecessors have made this thread the past few years, so why not carry on the tradition?

Let's see those rank lists! Best of luck to everyone in the match!

Oh yeah, don't forget to submit your list by tomorrow!
ohnoes.gif

Members don't see this ad.

and so it begins...

1. UCLA
2. Columbia
3. NYU
4. Northwestern
5. UC Irvine
6. USC

The rest... whatever....

Good luck folks.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. NYU
2. St. Luke's-Roosevelt
3. SUNY Downstate
4. UI Chicago
5. USC
6. St. Vincent's Manhattan

Hopefully the rest won't matter.

Good luck! :eek:

1. OHSU
2. Mayo Roch
3. MGH
4. Duke
5. Northwestern
6. Michigan
7. Columbia

and so it begins...

1. UCLA
2. Columbia
3. NYU
4. Northwestern
5. UC Irvine
6. USC

The rest... whatever....

Good luck folks.

How did u decide to rank UCI above USC?

Obviously, as you can see from my list location is my main determinant. Keeping my fingers crossed. Choosing location over prestige was pretty difficult, but hey what can I say I miss home!
1).UCLA
2).UCSF
3).USC
4).UCI
5).Loma Linda
6).MGH
7).Northwestern
8).OHSU
9).BID
10-13 doesn't matter hopefully, but I will make the best of any situation since it really is only 4 more years!
I just realized that March 17th when we all hopefully match is St. Patty's so good luck to all :luck:

I think both UCI and USC are both good programs and both produce competent clinicians. What tipped me to UCI was that it had more individuals entering fellowships and opportunities to conduct research. I just want to go to a place that lets me have options post-graduation. I guess the downside is the UCI tends to farm you out to cedars more than USC.

Either way I sure I'll be okay coming out of both programs. So I guess you should just go with your gut.

PropoTAL - I know who you are! (Boston late January, flight to Las Vegas) Good luck!

1 MGH
2 UCSD
3 Stanford
4 UCLA
5 BID
6 Cornell
7 Columbia
8 OHSU
9 UC Davis
10 Mt Sinai
11 Cedars Sinai
12 USC

1. UCSF
2. OHSU (TRAM!!!)
3. UW-Seattle (4 year)
4. Stanford
5. UW-Seattle (3 year)
6. Northwestern
7. U of Chicago
8. Wash U (STL)
9. U Michigan
10. Vanderbilt
11. Medical College of WI
12. U Wisconsin
13. UVA
14. Mayo Rochester

Clearly....location was numero uno in making my final list. I actually legitimately liked every single one of these programs and will be happy wherever I end up. And I mean that.

Here is my list. Didnt get as many as you guys did, but here it goes...

1 Yale
2 Mayo Rochester
3 NM
4 Miami
5 Toledo

Not a 100% sure ranking yale over mayo and still have a couple hours left to make a last minute change..

1. Vandy
2. Emory
3. UAB
4. Duke
5. UVA
6. UNC

After losing sleep on many consecutive nights, this is what I came up with. I hope for number one, but all are great.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Duke
2. MGH
3. Stanford
4. Hopkins
5. Penn
6. Brigham

PropoTAL - I know who you are! (Boston late January, flight to Las Vegas) Good luck!

Lord Jeebus I knew who you were weeks ago(after your comment about the Zapol letter)!!! I'm surprised with your list, but I guess you really did love MGH to leave Cali. I figured you would figure out who I am after my comment about cancelling Brigham. Anyway, good luck in the match! KIT

I've certified and re-certified my list with each of my top 3 occupying the #1 spot for a couple days but I think this is it...

1. Unv Arizona
2. Vanderbilt
3. New Mexico
4. UTMB
5. Indiana
6. Kentucky
7. Florida

1. stanford
2. mgh
3. ucsf
4. brigham
5. mt sinai
6. beth israel
7. hopkins
8. uofM
9. cornell
10. nyu

1. UT-Houston
2. VCU
3. Ochsner
4. St. Lukes-Roosevelt
5. Case Western
6. West Penn

Past here = crying time

just checked nrmp/email to make sure i was certified one last time......done

1. U Wisconsin
2. Northwestern
3. U Chicago
4. U Iowa
5. Northwestern (Adv)
6. U Chicago (Adv)
7. Maine Medical Center
8. Wash U
9. U Illinois-Chicago
10. Loyola
11. U Rochester
12. Yale

1) mgh
2) brigham
3) columbia
4) ucsf
5) penn
6) cornell
7) bid
8) yale
9) stanford
10) nyu
11) ucla

ugh...don't know where to rank ucsf...amazing institution, but so far away from home!

1. UCSD
2. Virginia Mason
3. OHSU
4. U Washington
5. UCLA (the only categorical program on my list)
6. Northwestern
7. Yale
8. Loma Linda

This is what the 2049th and final version of my rank list. It would have looked very different were I single -- but such is life. Good luck y'all!

1. UCLA
2. BID
3. Emory
4. U of Chicago
5. Columbia
6. CCF
7. UC Davis
8. Loma Linda
9. NYU

Yep, after changing it a gazzillion times, this is the final one. Was stressin out over BID, then realized I was getting married and UCLA was the best fit for us. I'd be happy with my top 4, past that tears will b shed....

1. Duke
2. Pitt
3. Michigan
4. UNC
5. Northwestern

1. UTSW
2. UTMB
3. OU
4. Wash U
5. Baylor
6. Scott & White
7. Pitt
8. UT Houston
9. Michigan
10. UNM
11. UMKC
12. Penn St.

I'd be happy with most of them, but I'd really just like to stay in Dallas.

1. Mt. Sinai
2. Pitt
3. Duke
4. UAB
5. Wake Forest
6. Vanderbilt
7. University of Chicago
8. Columbia
9. NYU
10. U Penn
11. UVA
12. UNC
13. Dartmouth

I keep going back and forth between wake, vandy, and U of C. Feel free to input!!!!!

1. UT - Knoxville
2. Kentucky
3. Louisville
4. Oklahoma City
5. Columbia, MO
6. VCU
7. CCF
8. Mercy Pittsburgh
9. Case Western (University Health)
10. Rochester
11. Buffalo
12. Tulane

I've had a hard time with Kentucky v. Louisville. As with the previous post, any input is welcomed.

My top 4 were all #1 at some point during this BS, but eventually ended up sticking wit my original ROL since mid-Jan, guess u goota go wit da gut n let the nrmp do da rest!

1. Yale
2. Penn
3. UCLA
4. Mt Sinai
5. Cornell
6. NYU
7. Pitt
8. Emory

Best of luck to all u Playas!

Wow

I'd have killed for those Sinai and Cornell interviews.

My top 4 were all #1 at some point during this BS, but eventually ended up sticking wit my original ROL since mid-Jan, guess u goota go wit da gut n let the nrmp do da rest!

1. Yale
2. Penn
3. UCLA
4. Mt Sinai
5. Cornell
6. NYU
7. Pitt
8. Emory

Best of luck to all u Playas!

Wow

I'd have killed for those Sinai and Cornell interviews.
yeah,

Sinai is def pretty tight, although I would be happy to stay in NYC, I'm looking for a better quality of life as a resident (ie; not coming home to a shoebox with roaches after a rough day)

how do you think quality of life is at penn? did you visit jefferson? still debating at the last minute here. HELP.

how do you think quality of life is at penn? did you visit jefferson? still debating at the last minute here. HELP.
guess what I mean by quality of life mostly is $ of living and comfort

only went to penn in philly,

feel philly is a pretty decent city, much cheaper than NYC but obviously not as nice

yes, philly is great. i'm a little concerned about work hours at penn. and thinking of ranking jeff first because of better hours. but, not sure if i'll be making too much of a sacrifice as far as quality of training.

To all you prospective Bruins ranking UCLA #1- best of luck, and I hope we see you here next year.

Good luck to all. The worst part is now to come- the agonizingly frustrating wait between now and Match Day. It's out of your hands, and all you can do is wait and wait and wait and wait.

Don't hit the bottle too hard, people. Hope you all get what you want.

philly08 - i understand your concern...but keep in mind that these are all presumptions that jefferson's work hours are less than penn's...and even if they are...maybe it's negligible..maybe it's like one hour less a day. and do you really want to sacrifice a better training program that will follow you for the rest of your life for a presumed one hour less work a day during 3 years of residency? in my opinion, it's not worth it. but it's just my opinion.

all i'm saying is...you don't want to get to jefferson, realize that they may work just as hard as penn..and then regret it. you only have one chance to train. just my opinion.

1)Duke - advanced
2)UVa - advanced
3)Wake Forest - advanced
4)Penn - advanced
5)Hopkins - advanced
6)Penn - categorical
7)UVa - categorical
8)Vermont - advanced
9)Maryland - advanced
10)UNC - advanced
etc etc

plus 3 TY in/around Phili, 1 in De, 2 in Baltimore, then a few prelim med spots in same areas....

I'll be thrilled with any of my top 4, and can stomach every place I've ranked.

good luck everyone!

1 UMich
2 UVa
3 UWisc
4 Pitt
5 Wake
6 UNC
7 Gtown
8 Kentucky
9 Vandy
10 Florida

1. University of Michigan
2. Mayo Clinic Rochester
3. Johns Hopkins
4. Brigham & Women's
5. Washington University
6. Wake Forest
7. UPMC
8. Virginia Mason
9. University of Washington
10. Vanderbilt

To all you prospective Bruins ranking UCLA #1- best of luck, and I hope we see you here next year.

Good luck to all. The worst part is now to come- the agonizingly frustrating wait between now and Match Day. It's out of your hands, and all you can do is wait and wait and wait and wait.

Don't hit the bottle too hard, people. Hope you all get what you want.

Second HB's post. Good luck, hope to meet some of you at Vandy next year. Try and enjoy the rest of 4th year as much as possible.

1. UTSW
2. UTMB
3. OU
4. Wash U
5. Baylor
6. Scott & White
7. Pitt
8. UT Houston
9. Michigan
10. UNM
11. UMKC
12. Penn St.

I'd be happy with most of them, but I'd really just like to stay in Dallas.

hey...why did u put utmb over baylor and scott white? im in a bind btw scott and utmb as my number 1. any suggestions?

1. Northwestern
2. University of Chicago
3. Washington University
4. Cleveland Clinic Foundation

After this, there will be lots and lots of drinking. Good luck to all you cats out there struggling to maintain your sanity in this crazy game we must play.:cool:

1. Penn
2. Duke
3. Pitt
4. Hopkins
5. MGH
6. Columbia
7. WashU (StL)
8. Vanderbilt
9. Cornell

Really went back and forth re order of the top 3, ultimately chose Penn as #1 due to location (family and friends). I would be thrilled to match in the top 6 and quite happy w/the top 9. Good luck all.

1. UAB
2. Kentucky
3. Wake Forest
4. Utah
5. Vandy
6. Nebraska
7. Iowa
8. Colorado
9. New Mexico

1. Pitt
2. UVA
3. UNC
4. Duke
5. Vanderbilt
6. West Penn
7. MGH

Good luck everyone! I can't wait until the "Match List" thread starts in just 3 short weeks!!!!!