Official 2008-2009 URM Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MightyChip26

Officially Class of 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
List as follows:
Member Name / School / Complete Date / Interview Invite Date / Interview Date

Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll start it!

UPitt & Suny Upstate

Last edited:
i was about to add, but then i realized how this completely removes your anonymity...so sorry guys, but i have invites at pitt, vanderbilt, MD, and yale

I guess I'll start it!

QTLyss/U Pitt/Not Complete Yet/Sept 26/Nov 25
QTLyss/SUNY Upstate/Sept 5/Sept 22/Nov 18

Members don't see this ad :)
yo, this application cycle all the urms are quiet as ****...cmon ppls lets represent!

i have invites at Eistein, Pritzker and WashU STL now! lets go!

I was not complete at most schools until mid september, but i have invites so far from howard, morehouse, and medical college of wisconsin. I'm also still finishing the rest of my secondaries!!!! I'm complete at all my top choices tho so we'll see what happens. I want to stay in state!!! (Wisconsin)

as of now, invites from Dartmouth, UC Irvine, Loyola Stritch, and Univ South Florida. I've already visited Dmouth and Loyola....I have Irvine at the end of october and USF at the end of November.

I also interviewed at Western University and Des Moines University, was invited to Lake Erie and Touro-CA but decided not to attend either after western/des miones acceptances.

I'm hoping for invites from UCSD, LA, SF, and USC

I won't be posting my interview invites because I don't want to sacrifice my anonymity, but I wish all of you success! :luck:

So far I have VCU, Loyola, UIC, UNC, Howard, and Meharry. Best of luck to everyone!

In order of interview invite: UF, Yale, Vanderbilt, Columbia!

Good luck to everyone. I am sure we'll do great! Lets make it happen!

Hey Everyone,

I have invites from University of Louisville and University of South Florida!! VERY Excited!!!!!

I won't be posting my interview invites because I don't want to sacrifice my anonymity, but I wish all of you success! :luck:

Ditto. Maybe at the end of the cycle for future applicants to reference? Edit: We are not being paranoid, I already realized that I met one SDN user in real life on the interview trail.

I don't understand why everybody in this cycle is being weird about sharing their success about interviews. I mean this thread was made so we can share with each other, celebrate with each other, support each other. I guess I don't understand. This seems like this is something that people in pre-allo would say, not in here. Well I hope your interviews go well and I hope we do get to meet each other on the trail. God bless!

Interviews: UTSW, Iowa Carver, Nebraska, Michigan State and The Ohio State.
I am very excited for the upcoming interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
@BlackDr2B...I'm not sure how not posting my interviews indicates that I'm not supportive. :confused: How does knowing the interviews of people who don't have MDApps posted help you or anyone else?

I don't need anyone to celebrate my interviews with me b/c interviews do not equal acceptances. In order to help future applicants, I will post my info (anonymously) in Pre-allo once I'm finished with this cycle.

You know I love ya! :love:

Ditto. Maybe at the end of the cycle for future applicants to reference? Edit: We are not being paranoid, I already realized that I met one SDN user in real life on the interview trail.

I agree! I know the identity of one person who has posted in this very thread, and I've recognized 3 people from SDN in general on the interview trail. :eek: (I didn't let them know that I did though. :laugh:)

There are just so few URM interviewees that we aren't granted the same level of anonymity as non-URM applicants.

@BlackDr2B...I'm not sure how not posting my interviews indicates that I'm not supportive. :confused: How does knowing the interviews of people who don't have MDApps posted help you or anyone else?

I don't need anyone to celebrate my interviews with me b/c interviews do not equal acceptances. In order to help future applicants, I will post my info (anonymously) in Pre-allo once I'm finished with this cycle.

I agree! I know the identity of one person who has posted in this very thread, and I've recognized 3 people from SDN in general on the interview trail. :eek: (I didn't let them know that I did though. :laugh:)

There are just so few URM interviewees that we aren't granted the same level of anonymity as non-URM applicants.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I also wasn't saying that people weren't being supportive. I guess I was used to everybody from last cycle because nobody had a problem putting up when and where they were interviewing. I didn't mean to offend anybody. Just always enjoyed the family like environment of this thread and sharing in everybody's success. Like I said, didn't mean to offend everybody. My apologies.

:love: ya too Ms. KrispyKreme! How is the process coming along?

so far cornell, downstate, columbia, stonybrook, einstein, usf, and upstate. word we gota represent as other people as said.

how do u recognize ppl on the interview trail? from their avatar? or do ppl share all their ec's during interviews lol...

i hope nobody recognizes my abdomen, haha :smuggrin:

I've already interviewed at 8 schools and have 4 more scheduled within the next few weeks! :) (Crazy, I know, but following the advice of my friends from last year I applied very early.) I also wish to protect my anonymity at this time, but I'll post all the info later in the cycle.

Good luck to everyone on your interviews! :thumbup:

So here's the interview total so far:

UPitt, Upstate, Cornell, Howard, GWU, Downstate, Temple, Albert Einstein

Also, in terms of the anonymity stuff, I don't see why it's a big deal. If you see a short Puerto Rican girl named Alyssa you can figure its me =) I'm proud of my stats & sadly the small pool of URM interviewees we have (not saying that you guys don't). I'm not sure what staying "anonymous" protects you from? Maybe I'm just naive because I'm naturally a very open person. Best of luck everyone can't wait to see you in an acceptance thread.

i've gotten interviews from the following:

MD schools

1. Florida International University - Withdrew
  2. Creighton - Waitlist
  3. George Washington University - Withdrew
  4. Eastern Virginia Medical School - Withdrew
  5. Loyola - Withdrew
  6. Meharry -Withdrew
  7. University of Toledo -Withdrew
  8. Medical College of Wisconsin - Rejected
  9. Penn State - Hershey PA **[(ACCEPTED)]**

DO schools

1. AT Still University - **[(ACCEPTED)]** Withdrew
  2. Midwestern University - Rejected
  3. Western University - **[(ACCEPTED)]** Withdrew
  4. Touro-CA - Withdrew
  5. Nova Southeastern University - Withdrew

So...I'm traveling a lot and affording interviews is not cheap! I've just about burned through most of my dad's freq. flyer miles now =/
I guess I'm just hoping for CA invites after this...I'm not sure I can go anywhere else that doesn't involve me driving to the school...although I would make an exception for Tulane, even if I am already holding an MD acceptance at the time.

Last edited:
lol i agree everyone is so anal retentive on this website. Just relax and u all will be fine. There is more to life to checking sdm compulsively and worrying about every step in this process. who cares about damn anonymity. I think everyone has their own personal battles and has more worries than who someone is from a website.

To alyssa, its nice to see a fellow minority especially a puerto rican like myself having sucess in this process. U gota nail it to get the word out lol. It is sad how there is so little of us, and minorities in general. The stigma that comes behind being a minority is so damn annoying and I think we all have worked just as hard as anyone else. you can take a damn look at my stupid profile and get the baseball bat out, and hate.

Where did u go to school ps. says ur from ur ny. I went to Hunter college on the east side if u kno where thats at.

Anyway good luck to everyone and hopefully this thread will evolve into a URM acceptance thread.

I am excited because I finally get to add my name to this thread. God is so good and so faithful. If you stand on His word and believe, He will open doors. Today I received my first medical school interview at Drew/UCLA!!!!! :D:D:D I serve an AWESOME God!

lol i agree everyone is so anal retentive on this website. Just relax and u all will be fine. There is more to life to checking sdm compulsively and worrying about every step in this process. who cares about damn anonymity. I think everyone has their own personal battles and has more worries than who someone is from a website.

To alyssa, its nice to see a fellow minority especially a puerto rican like myself having sucess in this process. U gota nail it to get the word out lol. It is sad how there is so little of us, and minorities in general. The stigma that comes behind being a minority is so damn annoying and I think we all have worked just as hard as anyone else. you can take a damn look at my stupid profile and get the baseball bat out, and hate.

Where did u go to school ps. says ur from ur ny. I went to Hunter college on the east side if u kno where thats at.

Anyway good luck to everyone and hopefully this thread will evolve into a URM acceptance thread.
congrats right back at you sflo. always gotta show love for the ricans =) I went to school in Boston but I know Hunter very well. I lived about 2 blocks from it this past summer while I was at WCMC. Best of luck!

Last edited:
I am excited because I finally get to add my name to this thread. God is so good and so faithful. If you stand on His word and believe, He will open doors. Today I received my first medical school interview at Drew/UCLA!!!!! :D:D:D I serve an AWESOME God!
I'm so happy for you BlackDr2b! Congratulations! I'm sure there are many more to come.

Remaining anonymous is definitely your privilege. We all know that you are supportive of your brothers and sisters of color. Back in the dark ages when I applied to medical school, except for Howard, I was the only person of color at five of my six interviews. I am sure that I really stood out. At UVa, I was one of a very large group that day. It was pretty strange. Even at my Howard interview, there was quite a bit of diversity too. It's all good.

I am very proud of you. It only takes one interview to make one acceptance. It only takes one acceptance to get you on your way to becoming a physician. The timing is right and here you are!

Good luck, BlackDr2Be! God may want u in Cali instead of D.C. :luck:

Remaining anonymous is definitely your privilege. We all know that you are supportive of your brothers and sisters of color. Back in the dark ages when I applied to medical school, except for Howard, I was the only person of color at five of my six interviews. I am sure that I really stood out. At UVa, I was one of a very large group that day. It was pretty strange. Even at my Howard interview, there was quite a bit of diversity too. It's all good.

Thank you for being so understanding, njbmd. :love: I admire u so much! :oops:

I'm so happy for you BlackDr2b! Congratulations! I'm sure there are many more to come.

Thank you Lyss! I hope all is going well for you. God bless!

I am very proud of you. It only takes one interview to make one acceptance. It only takes one acceptance to get you on your way to becoming a physician. The timing is right and here you are!

It means a lot to hear that from you NJBMD! Thank you very much. It does only take one and I am praying that that I can get that one right here. I have been claiming it in the Name of Jesus all week that I will get accepted! I am here and ready to rock! God bless!

Good luck, BlackDr2Be! God may want u in Cali instead of D.C. :luck:

Thank you MsKrispyKreme! I know He knows what is best for me and I will go wherever He wants me to go! We shall see.... God bless!

Thank you Lyss! I hope all is going well for you. God bless!

It means a lot to hear that from you NJBMD! Thank you very much. It does only take one and I am praying that that I can get that one right here. I have been claiming it in the Name of Jesus all week that I will get accepted! I am here and ready to rock! God bless!

Thank you MsKrispyKreme! I know He knows what is best for me and I will go wherever He wants me to go! We shall see.... God bless!

good job erbody...adding KECK to my list now! thats 10 baby! and everybody told me i was late! haha oh so wrong! had my first interview today, and even in a very large group, i was the only dark skinneded, all good tho, slayeeeeed that jaunt! good luck erbody!

what up doc I'm gunning for you. Your ridiculous what are you up to? 10? 11? I'm trying my best to catch up to you =)

I'm adding NYU & NYMC to my list. And everyone said I shouldn't even bother with a sub-30 MCAT...

:p
what up doc I'm gunning for you. Your ridiculous what are you up to? 10? 11? I'm trying my best to catch up to you =)

I'm adding NYU & NYMC to my list. And everyone said I shouldn't even bother with a sub-30 MCAT...

haha goodluck trying! jus playin, im sure ull do fabulously, but remember, interviews essentially mean nothing, were looking for ACCEPTANCES:D...

adding hopkins 2 my list

and ye ppl are wack in this process dont listen to em...jus keep killin em softly and enjoy this fruits of your hard labor while it is still "enjoyable"...cuz the next 4+ yrs are prolly gonna suck major balls...

o and im at, um, lets see: jefferson, pitt, maryland, uva, vandy, nyu, pritzker, washu, yale, hopkins, usc, and aecom...12 baby!

Congrats to everybody in here. Keep doing yo thang what up doc and OTLyss, because you are killin'! God bless!

add nymc, and buffalo to the list. To what up doc, and Qt and others who are having a lota sucess, and every minority out there, keep doing what ur doing and enjoy the sucesss.

I am at 9, but hearing what up doc, and Qt, u guys are probably gona be well into double digits. Crazy.

Keep it up guys

add nymc, and buffalo to the list. To what up doc, and Qt and others who are having a lota sucess, and every minority out there, keep doing what ur doing and enjoy the sucesss.

I am at 9, but hearing what up doc, and Qt, u guys are probably gona be well into double digits. Crazy.

Keep it up guys

:thumbup::thumbup: Congrats everybody

I'm adding Stony Brook

CONGRATS Everyone!! I'm confident for all of us!!!
Blackdr2b I feel just like you...I'm so happy to be able to post on this Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my first interview at the first place I was complete!!!
GWU...Can't wait to add to my list!:)

good job erbody...adding KECK to my list now! thats 10 baby! and everybody told me i was late! haha oh so wrong! had my first interview today, and even in a very large group, i was the only dark skinneded, all good tho, slayeeeeed that jaunt! good luck erbody!

Hey folks,
A hearty congrats on the great interviews but there has been plenty of nastiness out there to some of the folks who have interviewed. I can tell you that at my two schools, most of our interview groups have one or two (URM) students. When I ask, they have almost all reported that disparaging comments have been made to them is some manner.

I will say to anyone of color (or not of color), don't be dismayed by anyone who attempts to distract you from your goals. I appreciate those folks who want to remain somewhat anonymous in this process (and I have heard from more than a few). I also remember some of the very nasty comments that folks encountered in previous years on this website too. (One of the reasons that this forum is out here). I (and others) completely understand not wanting to subject yourself to the nasty comments or to more scrutiny because you are one of a few.

Keep strong and keep living your dreams. We NEED everyone in this business and I am hoping for a strong year. There are so many patients who need good physicians out there.

Do remember that here at SDN, you have the right to post your questions and comments without being attacked or personally "put down" for who you are or your success. If you find that you are receiving harassments (and it's happening), please use the "Report post" function (the little triangle under the poster's avatar) or use the "Contact Us " function at the bottom of the page.

Again, I congratulate everyone on acceptances and interviews and keep them coming. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks,
A hearty congrats on the great interviews but there has been plenty of nastiness out there to some of the folks who have interviewed. I can tell you that at my two schools, most of our interview groups have one or two students. When I ask, they have almost all reported that disparaging comments have been made to them is some manner.

I will say to anyone of color (or not of color), don't be dismayed by anyone who attempts to distract you from your goals. I appreciate those folks who want to remain somewhat anonymous in this process (and I have heard from more than a few). I also remember some of the very nasty comments that folks encountered in previous years on this website too. (One of the reasons that this forum is out here). I (and others) completely understand not wanting to subject yourself to the nasty comments or to more scrutiny because you are one of a few.

Keep strong and keep living your dreams. We NEED everyone in this business and I am hoping for a strong year. There are so many patients who need good physicians out there.

Do remember that here at SDN, you have the right to post your questions and comments without being attacked or personally "put down" for who you are or your success. If you find that you are receiving harassments (and it's happening), please use the "Report post" function (the little triangle under the poster's avatar) or use the "Contact Us " function at the bottom of the page.

Again, I congratulate everyone on acceptances and interviews and keep them coming. :thumbup:
Thanks njbmd. I really appreciate the encouragement & support. I'm so proud of everyone here & what we are accomplishing so keep it up! I'm actually contemplating deleting my mdapp because people keep leaving ridiculous, hurtful comments on it. I didn't realize SDNers could be such haters.

Thanks njbmd. I really appreciate the encouragement & support. I'm so proud of everyone here & what we are accomplishing so keep it up! I'm actually contemplating deleting my mdapp because people keep leaving ridiculous, hurtful comments on it. I didn't realize SDNers could be such haters.

I encouraged several people who contacted me to keep their Mdapp files on board. I believe that they really help those folks who will come behind you and I also believe that unless someone walks in your shoes, they don't know what you have to face. I know from personal experience that my color has been a source of negativity but it's not my problem but the problem of another. People who hate should not get what they want which is for you to alter your behavior because of them. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of making you change something that you should be proud of and that is what you have worked hard to accomplish.

The moderation staff here at SDN is very supportive of all people being able to freely exchange posts and information. If you have something that you want to bring to the attention of the moderation staff (or administration), then click the triangle or use the "Contact Us" buttons. You have a right on this website not to be subjected to that negativity and if the administration/moderation can be of assistance in figuring out who is the source of this stuff, they will take action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol the dark ages? That's pretty much been my experience at all but 2 interviews. Just to give context, I've been to 9 interviews so far.

to qt and others. Dont u know that the scrutiny and the hating comes along with the territory. Just keep doing what ur doing and use it as fuel or motivation to do even better. Keep ur md apps up as nb said. I plan to to give a feedback for future students because that is what really helped me. gluck to all and keep it up

to qt and others. Dont u know that the scrutiny and the hating comes along with the territory. Just keep doing what ur doing and use it as fuel or motivation to do even better. Keep ur md apps up as nb said. I plan to to give a feedback for future students because that is what really helped me. gluck to all and keep it up

Word! Check my MDApps and you will see. Some ugliness out there. I wish only the best for those who seek their dreams.

Word! Check my MDApps and you will see. Some ugliness out there. I wish only the best for those who seek their dreams.

I just read your MDApps comments, and it saddens me. :( Those comments are a major reason why I don't have one. (I can't take online negativity. :sleep:) It's like no matter HOW good your stats are, we will always be considered to be "inferior" by a large portion of our so-called "colleagues". I don't waste time trying to lord my massive brain power :laugh: over others so it's going to be interesting to see how some of my non-URM classmates treat me come August. :smuggrin:

OmG that's disgusting...