October 17th pcat just finished

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hckyplyr

My fighting days are over
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished up the PCAT in Rochester, NY...This is my second time taking it, first time was in August. Am I really that big of a nerd that I'm the first to post the thread about it. I had to travel 2 hours from my house to take it since near my house was all booked, so I stayed at my sisters for the night. There was an accident IN FRONT of the house at 2:30am last night, with ambulances, sirens, firetrucks, you name it...Sooo I prolly got 1 hour of sleep, awesome. Anyways, the test felt better than the August one, maybe cause I've become acclimated to the intense pace and duration. Had a tough time getting Quantitative done on time though. Any other thoughts on the test??? Hope everyone blew it outta the park

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like a fine line concerning free speech. If I have a group of 20 or even 100 friends and we start a web forum, we can talk about whatever we want. I guess since this is an open forum, it makes it different, wondering if that is the only distinction.

Candidates cannot disclose--in whole or in part--any exam questions or answers to anyone during or after the exam, whether orally, in writing, any internet "chat rooms or blogs", or otherwise. The PCAT is a secure examination, protected by U.S. copyright laws, and any unauthorized disclosure of the exam's contents could result in civil liability, criminal penalties, and/or cancellation of test scores. Examinees are encouraged to report any internet activities that disclose information about test questions, so that Harcourt may investigate and take any necessary action.

That's the distinction. It's a pretty big one, too. You signed this agreement.

I agree, we did agree not to discuss the test on chatrooms, forums and such, it states it on the site as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a fine line concerning free speech. If I have a group of 20 or even 100 friends and we start a web forum, we can talk about whatever we want. I guess since this is an open forum, it makes it different, wondering if that is the only distinction.

As mentioned above, free speech can be limited if you sign a document indicating that you won't speak about something. While we're not necessarily here to enforce that agreement that would be legally binding on you, but not us, we also don't need Pearson limiting us by suing for hosting protected content. Hence it's in our best interest to make sure you do what's in your best interest. Afterall identifying information can be subpoenaed (sp) and we'd be required to comply. That's not a threat, just a statement of fact based on legal precedent.

I saw a guy from the corner of my eye that was sitting a seat across and back from me, and every time I looked up at the clock around ten minutes before the time was up, he was already sitting all done and crazy. I wanted to trip him on my way out...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:laugh:

I feel the same as you...

Verbal: Fair...finished early.
Bio: A few odd balls that i wasn't prepared for...finished early.
Chem: I felt it was way more generous than it had to be. finished early.
Reading Comp: boring but fair. finished on time.
Math: I was thoroughly molested for about 40 minutes. Plenty of "logical" guesses...but wow. I've never felt so abused in my life. Finished with the random bubble technique.

I know what sections I have to prepare for now. Math.:sleep:
Don't worry about the math random guessing thing...you're in good company!;)

I took it in august. I actually had good scores (94 percentile) but by the time I got the scores back, it was pretty late and it would have been a hassle to cancel. (Pretty much I did not think I had anything to lose and said wtf why not) I also wanted to raise my quant score.

Essays - I remember them being easier than august. A lot more logical. I'm pretty much just aiming for a 3.0/3.0 I didn't end mid sentence this time lol

Verbal - I thought it was harder than august.

Bio - I think it was slightly harder than august but not by much. I still think I did good.

Chem - Last time I ran out of time and ended up guessing on a ton of them but still got a 93 percentile. This time, I decided that if it had a calculation it it, I was going to skip it. I just did theoretical questions first and then came back to calculations. This was much more successful. I didn't get to all of them, but I did get to most of them (I think I randomly bubbled in < 5 as opposed to like 10 last time). To anyone who has trouble with time on the chem, I would highly recommend skipping all calculations first. I am really interested to see if I did any better or the same as last time. Because I felt much better about time. I am wondering if my strategy worked.

Reading - I alwasy think reading is pretty easy. My scores aren't anything special (79) but I figure a lot of people do fairly well on this section.

Quant - I left some blank/randomly bubbled in a few. This went a lot better than august. I think I didn't get to about 10. This is better than like 20 lol

Overall, I am not worried since I did well in august and I don't think I bombed it. There's nothing I can really do now.
How'd you do on the math section in august?