October 17th pcat just finished

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hckyplyr

My fighting days are over
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished up the PCAT in Rochester, NY...This is my second time taking it, first time was in August. Am I really that big of a nerd that I'm the first to post the thread about it. I had to travel 2 hours from my house to take it since near my house was all booked, so I stayed at my sisters for the night. There was an accident IN FRONT of the house at 2:30am last night, with ambulances, sirens, firetrucks, you name it...Sooo I prolly got 1 hour of sleep, awesome. Anyways, the test felt better than the August one, maybe cause I've become acclimated to the intense pace and duration. Had a tough time getting Quantitative done on time though. Any other thoughts on the test??? Hope everyone blew it outta the park

Members don't see this ad.

Just got out, too. Greenville, NC. Feel pretty crappy about my performance. My first time taking the test, and it's safe to say I ran out of time on each section, even the essays. Half of bio was a guess. Chemistry was ok. Math was easiest. RC was off the charts boring with wordy, 3-sentence questions. Ugh. Second essay topic was phrased as if they were on drugs. I'm so mad I'll likely have to retake!

Just finished up the PCAT in Rochester, NY...This is my second time taking it, first time was in August. Am I really that big of a nerd that I'm the first to post the thread about it. I had to travel 2 hours from my house to take it since near my house was all booked, so I stayed at my sisters for the night. There was an accident IN FRONT of the house at 2:30am last night, with ambulances, sirens, firetrucks, you name it...Sooo I prolly got 1 hour of sleep, awesome. Anyways, the test felt better than the August one, maybe cause I've become acclimated to the intense pace and duration. Had a tough time getting Quantitative done on time though. Any other thoughts on the test??? Hope everyone blew it outta the park

my math section had many simple questions. i was sure about all of them except the few long ones. i didn't expect this section to be like this.i guess that i got lucky. i know other versions have much harder math questions.

I just got out of taking it in Louisville, KY. I'm sure I didn't do great on the Bio section, but the other ones I'm fairly confident about. I'm clueless on how I did on the writing. Grammar/punctuation/sentence structure were (hopefully) all fine, but I always get graded down on my ideas not being developed on fast essays like this. I guess we'll see in about six weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
the math section owned me....i had to guess on roughly half of them. Everyone else I feel good about, though.

just got out of NYC...feel like the reading,essay, verbal wasnt too bad... Bio was alright too..was it just me or math and chem seemed kinda hard..I finished all on time but had to guess on quite a few.. This is my first time taking it and hopefully last..

Just got out, Atlanta, GA. Ok, so I guess we all had different booklets....i know the form numbers are different, i'm not sure if they use the same questions but just move the questions around, or each booklet is unique. My bio part was horrible! I guessed like half of the questions, and Bio is my strong part. Chem was easy, but I ran out of time during math...
RC was...well, it wasn't hard, but the way that the questions were asked was confusing....
Yea I found the second essay question to be weirdly phrased as well

my bio was horrible. i saw questions that i learned in biochemistry and weird vocabulary as well. most were very simple, but there were others that are no where near that. i spent more than 4 months learning biology and i at least 10 of the bio questions were not covered in any review book. i used the 1200 page book just to review my weak subjects and if i had to do it again i would go over all the important sections in this book because one of the weird vocabs was covered in this book and i remember reading about it.
i am sure the answers to the other quesions are covered in this book but they were very detailed.

-Philly

-I think I murdered chemistry and did ok on RC. Verbal was difficult for me. Words I have never seen in my life. Bio surprised me. It was harder than I thought it would be, and I was surprised at how many diseases/conditions they had on there that I never even came across in all of my studying. The math was a bastard (and I'm a math major). A lot of the math questions were quite simple, but extremely tedious, and long. I had about 8 unanswered questions with 5 minutes left. Definitely made some random guesses.

Ok, first time poster on here, but have been reading these boards for awhile. Just took the test and decided to comment (with beer in hand).

Verbal: Meh, fair. Finished early
Chem: Fair. Finished early
Biology: Not too bad. Finished really early.
Reading Comp: Its reading, its never fun. Finished early.
Math: Holy f'ing donkey balls, where did this come from?!? I had 3 prep books and started on them back during later summer. None of them could have prepared for me for this section. Only 30% calc my arse, I have never seen so many derivative and integral functions before. This was the only section I didnt finish on time, 3 were left blank and there were multiple guesses along the way.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you guys. Bio was by far and away my strongest subject. Taking practice tests (Pearson, Dr. Collins, Kaplan, and PCAT Flash Cards) I would get like 1-2 wrong out of 48. But on my test today, there were quite a few bio questions of things I've never heard or seen of. Kinda pisses you off when you know SO much about a subject, and PCAT decides to through random extraneous bio questions in there so you get it wrong

Hopefully, if we got it wrong, everyone else did, too! That way those questions don't count for much!

I have to agree with you guys. Bio was by far and away my strongest subject. Taking practice tests (Pearson, Dr. Collins, Kaplan, and PCAT Flash Cards) I would get like 1-2 wrong out of 48. But on my test today, there were quite a few bio questions of things I've never heard or seen of. Kinda pisses you off when you know SO much about a subject, and PCAT decides to through random extraneous bio questions in there so you get it wrong

It's probably because the PCAT test makers have an army of people reading over all the study guides out there. That way they know what we aren't studying, so that they can test us on that material. Lots of people will then do terrible on the PCAT and have to retake it. That equals more $$$$$ for the testing companies.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably because the PCAT test makers have an army of people reading over all the study guides out there. That way they know what we aren't studying, so that they can test us on that material. Lots of people will then do terrible on the PCAT and have to retake it. That equals more $$$$$ for the testing companies.

So, what approach does one suggest for studying ? :confused:

Also, good luck to everyone who took the test...

Pick your poison w/ a study guide. If I knew what was going to be on the PCAT I would have studied my bio text book too (skim over it for more details). Maybe read NEJM or JAMA too (get RC and bio practice at the same time).

I just got done taking the PCAT. This is my first post as well. I'm not too confident in my performance. I know for sure I bombed the math section. I had about 20 done that I knew I got right, I thought I was gonna do pretty good in this section. Then I look up and the lady gives us the 5 minute warning. I thought I was gonna crap my pants so I just hurried up and scribbled in a bunch of answers! lol.

But is it just me or did anybody see a bunch of the same questions from the August PCAT? This is my second time taking it.

I saw a guy from the corner of my eye that was sitting a seat across and back from me, and every time I looked up at the clock around ten minutes before the time was up, he was already sitting all done and crazy. I wanted to trip him on my way out...

Approach? Study IN-DEPTH. It's not a general concept test. Anything could be on it. And no matter how much you know, there will be questions about matters you've never seen before.

like pharmol said, its in depth. I wouldn't buy books to study for it, but in my first year courses i would learn and understand as much as i can indepth then REVIEW your notes.. sounds like the best way for me... i know people who never used books/took kaplan and did great~

This is my second time taking the PCAT (first time after a majority of prereqs are finished) and afterwards each time I feel like someone has taken my brain out of my head, mopped up a wet mess with it, and then wrung it out before shoving it back in my head.

So, for me it was...

Writing #1: Decent, I would guess a 3, no harm no foul
Verbal: Knocked that puppy out of the park and ripped the cover off the ball.
Bio: What I knew, I really knew. And then there was all the other stuff. I would guess I did average - which sucks.
Chem: Surprisingly felt better about this than Bio, would guess I get a better subscore here than in Bio but again I would say I did average - again it sucks.

Break: I did darn good on the break. Drank my juice, swallowed my granola bar whole, peed in 3.2 seconds flat. Too bad it isn't calculated as a part of the grade.

Writing #2: Did better on the second topic - hope that one isn't the one that gets tossed out...would say I have a shot at a 3.5 on that one..hate that we will never know.
Reading Comprehension: Felt really good on this part - Got through everything at a crazed pace in 30 minutes then spent 20 minutes going back over only the really difficult questions in each passage.
Math: Probably my worst section....tried to use strategy to my advantage as much as possible but never enough time to do the calculations in this section .... those that are able to finish in time with no guessing .... are inhuman.

And next to me - three seats down was the most annoying coughing male test taker. On the Verbal, Writing #2, Reading Comprehension this guy is finished at the 15 minute mark - yes for RC too. At first I was intimidated but by the end I knew that he was tanking the test - no one can write a well formed essay in 15 minutes flat - not even God himself. With his spare time in each section he stretched his arms out, yawned loudly, scratched his head....etc, etc. Fortunately, I think a nuclear bomb could have gone off next to me and I would have continued filling in bubbles. Man I need a glass of wine....oh screw it, I am going to have the whole freaking bottle. Here is to hoping that is the last time I need to take that darn test. Brutal!

Last edited:
I also took the exam today, just drove back 3 1/2 hours from Campbell NC....man....I felt great after the practice test, but this thing has me feeling sick to my stomach (literally).

Essay #1 - Fine, no biggie, but I ran out of time mid-sentence on my last paragraph...oh well
Verbal - kinda sucked, thinking back I know I missed 1-2 easy analogies...sentence completions were not too bad
Biology - Felt great, had time to go back and check answers...there were 3-4 questions that I felt I have never encountered or were very tricky..one on virus's and the other on energy...
Chemistry - MUCH harder than I expected!! This was my best section going into the exam, and I felt like there were a lot of tricky questions...a lot of orgo though, which I am good at...barely finished on time

Essay #2 - at this point, the essay's were making me mad, so I kinda half way worked on this one...I hit all the key points, but I kinda made a mockery of the topic...I hope the grader is amused and still grades me fairly lol.
Reading Comp - much harder than practice test's...I felt like I was bubbling in the same thing on the scantron for like the whole section!? I have a feeling I may have fell into some traps.
Math - Good/Bad....I was surprised by how many I knew, but I felt like I just made a ton of educated guesses and I just hope my studying lead me in the right direction!! Had like 6-7 left at the end..and just crazily filled them

Overall, I don't feel like I did that great, but I guess I'll have to wait and see...This is my first time taking the test, and hopefully my last..

And I also saw people finishing like 15 minutes before each section was up, it just didn't make any sense!! There is now way you could truely think the answers out in such a short time! Oh well, has anyone else here felt like they didn't do so how on the PCAT, but performed better than expected??

I just got done taking the PCAT. This is my first post as well. I'm not too confident in my performance. I know for sure I bombed the math section. I had about 20 done that I knew I got right, I thought I was gonna do pretty good in this section. Then I look up and the lady gives us the 5 minute warning. I thought I was gonna crap my pants so I just hurried up and scribbled in a bunch of answers! lol.

But is it just me or did anybody see a bunch of the same questions from the August PCAT? This is my second time taking it.

Be rest assured you are not the only one. I also took the August Pcat and there were some questions in the RC and Verbal sections that appeared today. I however ran out of time on the RC for the last three question and just had to guess. I could barely remember the answer I used last time. How would I even know it was the correct one anyway?

The Math section was really tedious and I had to guess on a couple because I was running out of time too. The rest of the sections I would say were just fair.

Finished here in Arizona. Is it me or does it seem that Pearson wants to favor this test to preexisting healthcare professionals? My biology classes never covered the types of diseases and what they do nor which drugs treat them. What the hell are they testing???

Too bad my second writing topic will get tossed out, wrote a much better one there.

First question in chem knocked me for a loop on Ksp. Not exactly what we focused on when studying Ksp.

Ok, so just finished the test a few hours ago at North York, Ontario. It was my first time and man the time goes by super fast for each section. Unlike most people, I felt that bio was the easiest part of all, even though it's not my best subject. Chemistry was Ok but I didn't have enough time to finish it. Verbal was brutal, as usual. Essays were alright. RC was quite easy. BUT MATH, I just wanted to bang my head against the wall. I had like 15 questions left when they announced the 5 min warning. I definitely need to spend a lot of time on math and also time management.
Did anyone else find the bio to be overly easy?

Ok, first time poster on here, but have been reading these boards for awhile. Just took the test and decided to comment (with beer in hand).

Verbal: Meh, fair. Finished early
Chem: Fair. Finished early
Biology: Not too bad. Finished really early.
Reading Comp: Its reading, its never fun. Finished early.
Math: Holy f'ing donkey balls, where did this come from?!? I had 3 prep books and started on them back during later summer. None of them could have prepared for me for this section. Only 30% calc my arse, I have never seen so many derivative and integral functions before. This was the only section I didnt finish on time, 3 were left blank and there were multiple guesses along the way.

I feel the same as you...

Verbal: Fair...finished early.
Bio: A few odd balls that i wasn't prepared for...finished early.
Chem: I felt it was way more generous than it had to be. finished early.
Reading Comp: boring but fair. finished on time.
Math: I was thoroughly molested for about 40 minutes. Plenty of "logical" guesses...but wow. I've never felt so abused in my life. Finished with the random bubble technique.

I know what sections I have to prepare for now. Math.:sleep:

RC - Never my strong point, but I got it done in time with a few educated guesses. Verbal - Some vocab I've never seen before but overall, manageable. Chem - Thought it was going to be my weakest point, but I feel like I did alright on it. Bio - About to graduate with my bio degree and wtfffff? I honestly saw some stuff there that I've only learned in advanced bio courses.. Managed through it though. Essay - Not too bad. 2nd essay was... oddly worded, and I definitely got blind sided by it. Math - WTF?! I'd be amazed if anyone got 90% of this bad boy done right. This was my first time taking it, but having aced all of the study guides, I felt confident going in. When they stacked about 10 truly long questions in, I knew it was over. Left 3 blank... >.< Overall: I think my pharmacy dreams have been crushed.

RC - Never my strong point, but I got it done in time with a few educated guesses. Verbal - Some vocab I've never seen before but overall, manageable. Chem - Thought it was going to be my weakest point, but I feel like I did alright on it. Bio - About to graduate with my bio degree and wtfffff? I honestly saw some stuff there that I've only learned in advanced bio courses.. Managed through it though. Essay - Not too bad. 2nd essay was... oddly worded, and I definitely got blind sided by it. Math - WTF?! I'd be amazed if anyone got 90% of this bad boy done right. This was my first time taking it, but having aced all of the study guides, I felt confident going in. When they stacked about 10 truly long questions in, I knew it was over. Left 3 blank... Overall: I think my pharmacy dreams have been crushed. Oh this was in Philly btw

I took the PCAT today in Ft. Lauderdale, FL...ummm I really do not know what to think.
Time was definitely a big issue for me.
Essays: were whatever...I think I did ok. I tried to spend about 7-10 minutes planning then just started writing away. The topics were somewhat easy.
Verbal: Was not too bad at all. A few analogy vocab words I had never seen before so had to guess on a few.
Bio: Was not too bad either. Left a few blank along the way though that I was unsure of, thinking I would have time to go back...had to end up bubbling in whatever when time ran out.
Chem: Was surprisingly not too bad at all. I mostly had orgo questions...and only about two that actually needed calculations done. Actually finished on time.
RC: Ok, i don't know what the hell happened to me during this section but I completely lost track of time. My proctor called 5 minutes left when I was still on my 2nd to last passage :( I pretty much had to guess for every question for the last passge, which sucks cuz I usually get really high RC scores. oh well.
Math: SUCKED. wow, who can actually do so many calculus problems in such a short amount of time. my math section was much harder than any practice test I had taken. hopefully i am a good guesser :)

good luck everyone! i definitely need a stiff drink after this stressful morning ;)

I'm feeling pretty good about this test right now :cool: I'll report back in a few weeks on how hard i got pwned in RC though.

First essay: I watched a current well known speech on this topic literally 2 weeks ago, but I think my confidence got to me and I ended up not being able to wrap up my conclusion :O

Verbal was a complete joke. I overstudied for this section and I am confident it will pay off.

Bio was pretty easy to be honest. I knew at least 70% of it and of the ones I didn't know, I made some pretty educated guesses.

Chemistry, I knew how to answer all the stoich questions, but chose to guess them all in order to land more points on the concept questions. This was the only section where I was on problem 48 after 30 minutes.

2nd essay: I finished this one, but BS'd my way through it :D

Reading comprehension: BY FAR THE MOST DIFFICULT SECTION. Seriously, forget everything you heard about RC being easy therefore the really high curve. I totally expected this section to be the hardest so I studied my ass off, read and did analysis of 60-80 passages. Literary analysis is something that everyone swears they're good at. Maybe I approached studying for this section completely wrong or something, but I'm expecting to get thoroughly owned.

Quant: I'll be completely honest, I know nothing about calculus beyond taking the derivative of 2x^2 and basic infinity limits. My trig is even worse, so I just straight guessed every single calculus problem and trig problem. I went straight for all the basic math, stats, and algebra question which is the important part. I ended up being one of the few people in the entire room (maybe the only?) who had pencils down before the timer expired. It's all good though since for every calculus problem I guessed, I probably saved myself enough time to guarantee 2 or maybe even 3 concept questions.

Last edited:
Just got home from taking the test in Oakland, CA. 2 hrs there, 2hrs back.

Second time taking it and I saw many questions that I remember being on Verbal of the June 2009 PCAT. But still, I had a difficult time with this. Biology, i felt the same as I did the last time I took it, which was somewhere in the middle.

Chemistry I thought was harder. But then again, I thought i did poor last time and it ended up being my highest section.

RC, I felt great after.
But then I realized that I bubbled it into the Quanitative Answer Box....:scared:
So i fill it in correctly at the beginning of math, which wasted some time.

Math, I went through it really fast and answered all the ones I knew right off the bat. I even skipped the ones that were really long. Then went back after I got to the end and answered the ones that were long that I knew how to do. Better strategy for me then going in order.

After it was all said an done and everyone was sooo glad that it was over, we all walked out the building to find green envelop on our car windshield...

$55 PARKING TICKET FOR EVERYONE!!!! :eek:

I just got home from my exam!

Essays were no problem!

VA had a few odd ones- overall hopefully above average??? But weird word relationships on more than a few!!!

Biology -There were some off the wall questions that were not expected!!! I studied a ton and just did not expect them! As a Bio major I still probably only got truly hung up on 4 0r 5. Not due to toughness - due to basicness! The initial stuff learned, and a really intriquite detail of it!!!! Annoying!!! But did good!

Chemistry - I feel I did great here- dual major with chem so that helped! I noticed an earlier post of some one saying Biochem type stuff on here - there were a few of those type questions! Biochem did help. I probably only got hung up on 2 or 3- and that was cuz I didnt wanna burn time!

Reading Comp- Had a few tough/wordy ones and the others were easy - overall I think I did quite well. But, I am do or die with these dumb Reading tests - I can never score average. 2 out of 3 I score 85+ and then I will get like a 50 on the 3rd!!!

Quant - I was murdered! I am pretty good with math, and this section absolutely KILLED me! I had like 12+ questions left at the 5min mark!!!! I glanced at some of what I thought I could do and random filling from there on out!!!!!!! I probably calculated out 14 answers for sure right, another 6 - 9- good chance at correct, 2-5 probably 50-50 chance correct, and 10 + not a real idea at all - a lot more Calc that anticipated! I had Calc 4 years ago!!! That was my last math class!!!!

I hope I had a tougher test version and I am not just ******ed!!!!!!

Overall, nothing like the Kaplan PCAT's or even the Practice ones on the PCAT site! I got like 70 - 90+ ( 4 - 9 wrong on each section) on almost every category on the online tests - I can gurantee I did not do that good here!!!!!!

I hope all of todays test takers did great! Good luck to everyone on their scores!!!!

Well time to add my experience with this damn test.

Honestly, after today I need to go to a bar and get me a drink.

Verbal: Ok. Think I did fairly well in this area (then again you never know).
Bio: Not bad at all. Think I should be ok in this part, even though I almost ran out of time.
Chem: Not bad either. Had a bunch of O.Chem questions but made some logical guesses and I think I should be ok. Only about 2 calculations.
RC: Was doing fine until the proctor told me I had 5 mins and I was still on the 5th paragraph. So I guessed the other ones.
Math: :scared: Enough said!!!! When the proctor said we had 5 mins I was just on question 29. Guess the other 19 questions.

Overall I am glad I am done with this damn test. I think I need to buy some booze though. Oh and thank God I have a somewhat strong GPA so it can help cushion the poor PCAT scores I will be receiving in the next 6 weeks.

I just got home from my exam!

Essays were no problem!

VA had a few odd ones- overall hopefully above average??? But weird word relationships on more than a few!!!

Biology -There were some off the wall questions that were not expected!!! I studied a ton and just did not expect them! As a Bio major I still probably only got truly hung up on 4 0r 5. Not due to toughness - due to basicness! The initial stuff learned, and a really intriquite detail of it!!!! Annoying!!! But did good!

Chemistry - I feel I did great here- dual major with chem so that helped! I noticed an earlier post of some one saying Biochem type stuff on here - there were a few of those type questions! Biochem did help. I probably only got hung up on 2 or 3- and that was cuz I didnt wanna burn time!

Reading Comp- Had a few tough/wordy ones and the others were easy - overall I think I did quite well. But, I am do or die with these dumb Reading tests - I can never score average. 2 out of 3 I score 85+ and then I will get like a 50 on the 3rd!!!

Quant - I was murdered! I am pretty good with math, and this section absolutely KILLED me! I had like 12+ questions left at the 5min mark!!!! I glanced at some of what I thought I could do and random filling from there on out!!!!!!! I probably calculated out 14 answers for sure right, another 6 - 9- good chance at correct, 2-5 probably 50-50 chance correct, and 10 + not a real idea at all - a lot more Calc that anticipated! I had Calc 4 years ago!!! That was my last math class!!!!

I hope I had a tougher test version and I am not just ******ed!!!!!!

Overall, nothing like the Kaplan PCAT's or even the Practice ones on the PCAT site! I got like 70 - 90+ ( 4 - 9 wrong on each section) on almost every category on the online tests - I can gurantee I did not do that good here!!!!!!

I hope all of todays test takers did great! Good luck to everyone on their scores!!!!

Try beating the 19 questions I had left at the 5 min. mark. I knew this was going to be my weakest section.

I agree. I went through the Kaplan book thoroughly and nothing like I expected....at all!!!

Hopefully we did well enough to get into a pharmacy school.​

just got back from the PCAT at Fresno State. Did anyone else here take it there? It felt like I didn't have enough time for anything! Maybe it was just me (recovering from the flu too).

verbal for me was hard as usual. and...I ran out of time in the RC section, so I had to guess all the answers in the last passage :(

hopefully, the math, bio, and chem sections will make up for this.

essays were ok...

2nd time for me

Verbal: easier than the june. Some very strange connections
Writing: quite easy to write about if you keep up with current events
Bio: Way easier for me than the june one. Felt really good about
RC: Harder than the june one. I disagreed with some of the answers that I am sure they were going for. Same thing happened on one bio question where I thought "I know they think this is the right answer, but we just covered that in micro and it really doesn't happen like that"
Chem: ratio of gen chem to orgo was different than in june. Felt like I did a lot better than my june.

Overall: I'm guessing my score will be better than my June but who knows. For better or worse, this is my last time taking it.

If anyone wants my drcollins pack and a kaplan pcat book, I'll sell both for $150 shipped. Pm me for info

I did really awesome on verbal/bio/chem/comprehension/essays. On math, I guessed on probably 10 of them out of 48. Everything else I knew all the answers except for like 1 or 2 each section.

HOWEVER, On chemistry, I f'ed up. I f'ed up bad. How I did Chemistry, and I only did this for chemistry, I dunno why. Anyway, I did chemistry by circling the answers on the 2 open pages and then moving on to do the next 2 pages, etc and THEN go back and bubble in answers. I don't know why I did that for only chemistry, but it messed me up bad. At the 5 minute mark, I finished 48 and then went back to bubble in. I ran out of time bubbling in. You can imagine my heart sank :( I got 30 / 48 bubbled in and I swear that 5 minutes went by awwwful fast :(. Oh well, hopefully, it won't be too bad since I feel those were all mostly correct...

Just finished up the PCAT in Rochester, NY...This is my second time taking it, first time was in August.

Where in Rochester? U of R or St. JOhn Fisher? I took it at St. John Fisher. the proctors seemed confused on a few things in our room and we were the last ones finished.

Hopefully everyone did fine on the PCAT. After taking it, I know one things for sure...Im applying to all schools not requiring the PCAT!! :laugh:

Well time to add my experience with this damn test.

Honestly, after today I need to go to a bar and get me a drink.

Verbal: Ok. Think I did fairly well in this area (then again you never know).
Bio: Not bad at all. Think I should be ok in this part, even though I almost ran out of time.
Chem: Not bad either. Had a bunch of O.Chem questions but made some logical guesses and I think I should be ok. Only about 2 calculations.
RC: Was doing fine until the proctor told me I had 5 mins and I was still on the 5th paragraph. So I guessed the other ones.
Math: :scared: Enough said!!!! When the proctor said we had 5 mins I was just on question 29. Guess the other 19 questions.

Overall I am glad I am done with this damn test. I think I need to buy some booze though. Oh and thank God I have a somewhat strong GPA so it can help cushion the poor PCAT scores I will be receiving in the next 6 weeks.

Somewhat strong GPA? Sounds like a strong GPA to me...I'm trying to get like you lol. This semester is a big factor in my GPA.

just got back from the PCAT at Fresno State. Did anyone else here take it there? It felt like I didn't have enough time for anything! Maybe it was just me (recovering from the flu too).

I felt the same way. This was my first time taking it and I didn't have enough time to finish anything besides the essays. When the proctor said 5 mins I bubbled in what I hadn't done and after I finished bubbling in the blank ones, I started checking some of them and changing if I guessed the wrong answer :(. I took mine in Ga. I have test anxiety and for some reason I didn't freak out while taking this test, that has to be the first ever. Plus today is my grandma's birthday so maybe today was a good day and I will have good scores, good enough scores :xf:. I honestly don't know how I did, ok I guess. We'll see in 6 weeks :luck:. I'll probably be registering for the January test but hopefully I don't have to :xf:.

did anyone else have a bad proctor? mine kept going in and out of the room while we were taking the test and a few times another proctor came in and they started having a loud conversation in the middle of our chem section! i couldn't believe it...i have ADD and that was seriously distracting me..what a ***** that guy was

did anyone else have a bad proctor? mine kept going in and out of the room while we were taking the test and a few times another proctor came in and they started having a loud conversation in the middle of our chem section! i couldn't believe it...i have ADD and that was seriously distracting me..what a ***** that guy was

not that bad. My proctors seemed confused on some of the initial procedures. Nothing bad, just a little annoying. There was a lot of conversing about what to do. When we entered the rom for the first time (they looked at our admission ticket and two forms of id), they did not have us sign the paper. After a couple mins of conversing, they came to each of us with the sheet and made us sign it. not nearly as bad as you though.

Last edited:
Practice tests=waste of money. The practice exams were 1000x's easier than the real thing. Just another making scheme used to make you feel toasty inside, then when you take the real thing you fail so that you have to pay more money again to retake it. Sneaky.

I took it in august. I actually had good scores (94 percentile) but by the time I got the scores back, it was pretty late and it would have been a hassle to cancel. (Pretty much I did not think I had anything to lose and said wtf why not) I also wanted to raise my quant score.

Essays - I remember them being easier than august. A lot more logical. I'm pretty much just aiming for a 3.0/3.0 I didn't end mid sentence this time lol

Verbal - I thought it was harder than august.

Bio - I think it was slightly harder than august but not by much. I still think I did good.

Chem - Last time I ran out of time and ended up guessing on a ton of them but still got a 93 percentile. This time, I decided that if it had a calculation it it, I was going to skip it. I just did theoretical questions first and then came back to calculations. This was much more successful. I didn't get to all of them, but I did get to most of them (I think I randomly bubbled in < 5 as opposed to like 10 last time). To anyone who has trouble with time on the chem, I would highly recommend skipping all calculations first. I am really interested to see if I did any better or the same as last time. Because I felt much better about time. I am wondering if my strategy worked.

Reading - I alwasy think reading is pretty easy. My scores aren't anything special (79) but I figure a lot of people do fairly well on this section.

Quant - I left some blank/randomly bubbled in a few. This went a lot better than august. I think I didn't get to about 10. This is better than like 20 lol

Overall, I am not worried since I did well in august and I don't think I bombed it. There's nothing I can really do now.

My brain is still drained from the test this morning.
Essays 1 and 2- finished both early felt average about them
verbal- much easier than expected
Bio- not bad but there was a lot of concepts I have never heard of.
Chem- 30% organic, more like 70%. My test only had maybe 5 questions that envolved actually working things out. The rest was all theory.
Math- a ton of long wordy questions I spent way to much time on.
My overall feeling is I did not do nearly as good as I had hoped, average at best.